Tini

Earthquake Science!

I've done okay this time.

image.png

Edited by Quinney

I just used earthquake with 2 cantormaris eggs (both are 2G purebred). Both eggs were incubated and warded beforehand with 4d 15-11h left (forgot to check the exact amount of hours left before earthquake). These are the following results:

[stage 4]  4,255  374  1  |  The earthquake cracks the egg's shell, and a baby dragon scampers out. It tries to run away, but you catch it.

[stage 4]  4,221  361  1  |  The earthquake cracks the egg's shell, and a baby dragon scampers out. It tries to run away, but you catch it.

Summary: 2/2 eggs survived.

Edited by Rhikasa

Used the earthquake on 4 eggs.

3 eggs unaffected: 4 days 1h left, 4 days 14h left, 6 days left. One hatched: 4d 22-23h left. No deaths and runaways.

I did a risky move, but was rewarded handsomely. Lucky day!

- 4 Cantomaris eggs, all at 6 days 3-4 hours

- 3 eggs incubated to 5 days 3-4 hours

- Earthquaked them all

- Results:

1135883146_DragonCaveScreenshot2021-07-19-PostEarthquakeResults(Alllive).thumb.jpg.0490b0d9650d7720f6eab9773a31d34c.jpg

510x-GFQCyL._AC_SX466_.jpg

Congratz, @Shokomon 

I'm very happy today as well!! I'm a run right now but this time I used desktop!!

joXatC5.png

Similar procedure as last time, and maybe my last time trying to get Green Cantos on my own! Like I said before, I'm in a run right now so I'll mention the specifics later :) 

This time I know better, I trust my lovely Pink Dragons, who already did their job!! ;) 

EDIT:

Stats: https://i.imgur.com/gnaNkL3.png

Edited by Kegluneq

12 hours ago, Kegluneq said:

Congratz, @Shokomon 

I'm very happy today as well!! I'm a run right now but this time I used desktop!!

joXatC5.png

Similar procedure as last time, and maybe my last time trying to get Green Cantos on my own! Like I said before, I'm in a run right now so I'll mention the specifics later :) 

This time I know better, I trust my lovely Pink Dragons, who already did their job!! ;) 

Oh wow! You were extra lucky! You caught them all...

earthquaked 2 market bought canto eggs. used at 3 days 16 hours left at stage 4 hatching. 1 dead and 1 unaffected.

Edited by reddof-f6

Tried my first ever attempt at earthquake BSA.

I bought 4 Cantormaris from the market and precogged/influenced before fogging. I forgot for a split second that I was experimenting and picked up a Blusang from the cave, lol. After I fogged, I incubated all of them and put them in two hatcheries at 5d18h (4d18h after incubation). I did notice that the market eggs had a harder time collecting views for some reason. I fogged them again at 4d8h because I was falling asleep. Last (two) times I didn’t fog, they all hatched. At 4d1h, I put them back in two hatcheries and waited for s4-s5 before using earthquake. The Blusang was at s3.

Results:

2 out of 4 Market Cantormaris hatchies survived.

1 out of 1 CB Blusang survived.

They’re all fogged now, just in case. I’ll try again after catching up with the new release.

Went for my first Earthquake attempt this morning, using 7 homebred Cantormaris eggs. Incubated around 5d20h, then quaked them closer to 4d8h. All of them were at s5.

Results:

1 successful hatch and capture.

2 unaffected.

4 dead.

My first attempt since my absolute fail when we first learned how to get green Cantors, and it was a success! Waited until the only egg on my scroll was the Cantor I'd grabbed in the AP. Stats: 4d3h (did not incubate), last-stage hole, not sure if the view-stats matter but 1,053/334/1. Result: 

The earthquake cracks the egg’s shell, and a baby dragon scampers out.

It tries to run away, but you catch it.

Another one for the stats:

3 x 3d22h incubated eggs with big hole or 250ish uv, 3 successes. Unaffected is a succes for me 🤣

Screenshot_20210802-155506.jpg

Screenshot_20210802-155758.jpg

Edited by snoesiepoes

The results of my experiment were:

- Canto egg, CB, ~5d, s5 crack -> died

- Canto egg, CB, ~5d 9h, s5 crack, was warded the night before -> unaffected

- Canto egg, bred, ~3d 21h, s4 crack, fogged to prevent a premature hatching -> unaffected

- Canto egg, bred, ~2d 22h, s5 crack, fogged to prevent a premature hatching -> unaffected

3/4 survived, which is objectively a good result, but I'm still feeling sour about the CB egg that died. I have enough green Cantos now so I definitely won't use Earthquake again (except if a future release requires it, but I really hope not)!

Second attempt was successful. I bought 2 Cantormaris from market and precogged, influenced, incubated, and fogged them early (7d). I unfogged at 5d 1h and placed them in one hatchery. At 4d 2h, one egg was at s4 while the other was at s3. I waited for another hour and decided to use earthquake. Both eggs survived (one hatched and was caught while the other wasn’t affected). Both hatchies are now fogged for safety.

Results:

2 out of 2 Market Cantormaris survived.

image.png.42e30d49e1e3da6e5d08fa197968c8d9.png

all three are fresh eggs that were also incubated ! and ive had similar success before with another lone egg in the past :P 

i didnt realize that it uses his/her for earthquake! its such a cute detail to see :) 

I did my first EQ today.

I had five Cantor eggs. One was from the Market. Four were 2G PBs.

I influenced them all, but didn't incubate.

I EQ'd at 4D, 1H when they all had large holes.

Result: On three the EQ had no effect (1CB, 2 Bred).  On the other two, the EQ killed the dragon (2 Bred)

Edited by Nakeisha

I just did an EQ with three incubated eggs - one at 5d7h, one at 4d1h and one at 3d23h:

eqsuccess.pngI'm still stunned as my earlier attempts usually ended with about all eggs getting killed!

NR EQ (inc volc variant):

3/8 Hatched (2 Volcanos, 1 Alpine)

2/8 Killed (1 volcano, 1 Alpine)

3/8 Unaffected (2 Desert, 1 Volcano)

My luck that I mainly get volc babies out of that XD Haha. Ah well, at least they grow up a lil faster. 

FYI think only 1 egg that hatched was incubated (volc) from what I can see in action logs.

Maybe I will pluck up the courage to try again another time, should I find someone to hold the volc(s) I may grab and chuck a few cantos in the mix.

18 minutes ago, Elizabeth Moonstone said:

Could someone confirm that Earthquake can hatch fogged eggs?

Yes, mine always get sick so 99% of the time I eq them in fog and they hatch perfectly fine.

3 hours ago, Elizabeth Moonstone said:

Could someone confirm that Earthquake can hatch fogged eggs?

Yes. Fogging has no effect on EQ, I hatched all mine fogged the other night.  Fogging doesn't protect them or exempt them from EQ. 

Thanks for the confirmation!

Alright, I EQed 4 Shumoga. All were around 4d, had huge holes and were hidden. First attempt:

image.thumb.png.73dbd46f0650c9ff980270f3b572bd55.png

Since no egg died, I decided to Earthquake a second time. I forgot to screenshot but two eggs were unaffected, one hatched and I caught it! Which means I have the two dark Shumogas I wanted and zero earthquake deaths. I do have a dead egg on my scroll but that was through using "Kill" to attempt a force hatching (this was very stupid of me, btw,  I should have waited to use Earthquake instead). 

Anyway, I'm beyond happy and extremely flabbergasted at the results of my Earthquakes today. It's the first time Earthquake hatched any of my eggs. It's the first time Earthquake didn't kill any of my eggs. Did the RNG just favor me today or was the Earthquake kill rate sneakily lowered?

Edited by Elizabeth Moonstone

quick question about if this method would work - 

when the egg gets down to 5d, or 4d something hours left, and has a big hole in it - pretty much so that it's incuhatchable - is there a better chance of the EQ being successful, and a smaller chance that it would kill the dragon?

and, for the new Shumogas, the egg has to hatch for it to be the Wild variant, correct?

1 hour ago, trystan said:

quick question about if this method would work - 

when the egg gets down to 5d, or 4d something hours left, and has a big hole in it - pretty much so that it's incuhatchable - is there a better chance of the EQ being successful, and a smaller chance that it would kill the dragon?

This is tricky cause, nobodys sat down to like, graph it all out. I personally feel like my odds are better with a big hole, and not sick, therefore lower time.

1 hour ago, trystan said:

and, for the new Shumogas, the egg has to hatch for it to be the Wild variant, correct?

Correct.

3 minutes ago, Tini said:

This is tricky cause, nobodys sat down to like, graph it all out. I personally feel like my odds are better with a big hole, and not sick, therefore lower time.

well, i shall give it a try.  

once my eggs are at 5d or 4d20-something hours is when i incubate them, so instead of that, i'll try EQ at the time i'd normally incubate.

(i guess i ought to be used to my eggs dying, because two (or three) of my vamps would rather kill the eggs they bite instead of leaving me with a vampire egg. yeesh XD)

and thanks!

Edited by trystan