Tini

Earthquake Science!

12 hours ago, Emerald01 said:

weird request... I have a Canto that I'm about to try EQ on, but I accidentally clicked 2 CB 
Florets last night.  If there's someone I could bounce them to, temporarily, whoever takes them could keep one and just send one of them back?  I just don't want them killed by EQ and can't quite bring myself to abandon them.  I'm sorry if this is the wrong place to post, but I could think of a better place...

One way link!

I won't insist on having one back.  It would be nice, though. LOL  I just dont want them to die.

There is a thread where you can request for help to bounce eggs; I have seen some use this for EQ situations. That way, you get both your eggs back, since the actual links are arranged privately in PM.

Well! I don't recommend earthquaking fresh bred eggs.

SmartSelect_20210609-140919_Samsung_Inte

Very drastically different result from the non-cantor fresh CBs test, will have to try again tomorrow.

3/6 isn't bad I suppose. I'm surprised two of them died

edit: if it matters, NmX and TVY were from market

image.png.3e29362b6f4a8fc7a96643c525548967.png

Edited by Arcy

Repeated fresh breds experiment, 1st eq again. Will try one more time tomorrow with more-normal ratio dragons, then some random-grab cbs.

SmartSelect_20210610-210956_Samsung_Inte

Yeah, after my last experiment with fresh bred eggs all died, I'll have to force myself to be patient and wait. I only really need an S2 freezie now, although I'd like more CBs for breeding. 

I did two separate ones on two single eggs yesterday, both eggs were unaffected by the quake.

I did one Earthquake on 3 Cantormaris eggs, with one crack and 5d left :

- 2 "The egg is unaffected by the earthquake."

- 1 "It tries to run away, but you catch it."

All bred eggs with 4 days 19 hours remaining and full holes, I think I just don't have very good luck.

image.png.8c036118f4529d0535d455485f310585.png

2 market Cantormaris, 5d 2h left (before incubate), last stage holes. Incubated, warded and earthquaked.

2,236 : 381 : 1 - unaffected

2,281 : 390 : 1 - killed

(I only needed one, so I'm done - with CBs, that is.)

4 market Cantos, no incubate, big hole, 4d6h left:

1 runaway

1 hatched

2 unaffected

success rate: 3/4

I tried an EQ just now with 7 Canto eggs, 5/7 being at 4 days 9 hours (incubated) and 2/7 recently born at 7 days.

image.png.1752eeb72c24dd3d3c0f82bb54a1f36f.png

The 7 days ones died.

Overall, 4/7 survived.

SmartSelect_20210613-080341_Samsung_Inte

6d17h bred eggs. Seems just waiting a few hours before an eq increases survival rate drastically.

3 bred eggs, 4 from market. All had 1k ov but no visible cracks. Time left was somewhere from 5d2h to 5d18h. All bred and one from market hatched, others are unaffected. No deaths. 

SmartSelect_20210613-150214_Samsung_Inte

6d18h breds. Looks like waiting 6 hours is the best time to get your cantor-only eq done so you can clear up dead eggs asap (but remember to incubate first, of course). Obviously this would be pointless for actually hatching things.

Edited by Shadowdrake

Some earthquaking results!

On a side note, is anyone tracking these results anywhere. It would be good to have aggregate data somewhere.

I would, but... I'm already managing a different breeding database.

Anyway, results!

• Pre-Earthquake:  1054447677_DragonCaveScreenshot2021-06-16-Pre-EarthquakeEggs(Allureofnds).thumb.jpg.f6c23116462c41767e5d019de021fea2.jpg
  • Post-Earthquake: 792907236_DragonCaveScreenshot2021-06-16-PostEarthquakeResults(Lost3).thumb.jpg.b3c975d1d739bae4803a4217f76d2624.jpg

- Fortunately, all my new alt dragon breeds survived! I even got my first green cantor! 

- Bad news: I lost 3 eggs, and I was hoping to use two of them in trades. 

- The sapphire is the hidden egg. I'm trying a different experiment on it. I'm glad it survived.

- No incubates was used in this experiment.

On a slightly different note, @Tini, do you want older pre-DC 15th B-day data?

Okay, I just tried my first Earthquake on two Cantormaris eggs! 

One was CB and one was from the Market.  I incubated both of them right before Earthquaking.  They were at 3d 23h after incubation when I EQ'd them.  Both were "unaffected."   Whew!  😅

Oops, I forgot to say that they had been in hatcheries and had views/clicks, but didn't have any cracks yet when I used Earthquake.

Edited by Aventurine

Had 6 at about 5d10-12h all s5 cracks. First eq was 3 catches 2 unaffect and a death, a second eq caught the two remaining.

I bought 8 Cantos and I treated them like all my other new eggs. The "standard" procedure:

I influenced them.

Warm them. 

Put them on a site just to get clicks.

When they were about 5 days 12 hours left I added them to couple more sites so they start gaining views. Then at 4 days 22 hours left (more or less) I added them to more sites.

A few minutes ago all eggs were stage 5 cracking, none sick, warded them just in case and EQ them.

Results:

4 hatched and caught. 

2 unaffected.

2 killed.

Only 1 EQ attempt. I just precogged all eggs and hatchies and they'll be their intended gender, so I'll have 4 males and 6 females. All eggs had about the same stats before the EQ: V:1850 U:520 C:6

I'm not at home right now but I took a screenshot with my phone, I'll edit this post in a couple of days and show it to you!

I'm sad about the dead eggs but 6/8 Green Cantos is just great!

I just wish they make Cantos immune to EQ... just thinking out loud...

--------------------------------------------------

Ages later:

AA7TNSO.png

Edited by Kegluneq

8 hours ago, Kegluneq said:

I just precogged all eggs and hatchies and they'll be their intended gender,

You precogged before you eq'd, right? Not after?

Edited by Shadowdrake

4 cantor eggs from the market.
All incubated and at 4d1h with s5 cracks. None of them sick.
1 unaffected
2 hatched, ran and caught
1 hatched and got away

Glad none of them died. Of course the one that got away was the code I liked most and would have been the last green male needed for scroll goal. Sad times. But all in all quite sucessfull!

On 7/9/2021 at 2:14 PM, Shadowdrake said:

You precogged before you eq'd, right? Not after?

Precogged after, my Pinks never failed before but I just had to make sure.

Big facepalm!! ¬¬°

God I feel so dumb right now! That's why the unnafected eggs hatched as Sophos! Big, big newbie's mistake T__T

I let myself go in the emotion, the excitement of having 6 EQ survivors that I just precogged eggs without thinking.

Spoiler

Adding a screenshot of the precog actions, the unaffected eggs were about 9 hours to hatch, I should have waited but I completely forgot that the eggs only need to survive the EQ...

3rYmlBt.jpg

Edited by Kegluneq

I bred 8 yesterday. I've influenced, incubated and when I feel like doing the EQ, I'll ward first and pray I got everything right!

Can uncracked eggs older than 24 hours still be killed? How about fogged eggs?

Edited by _Ro_