Tini

Earthquake Science!

My attempts began with 8 incubated eggs at about 4d 8h left and large holes.

EQ 1
2 unaffected

4 killed

2 hatched, both caught

EQ 2 (soon after)

Both eggs still unaffected. At this point I used my remaining kill slot to force one of the eggs, which succeeded.

EQ 3 (many hours later, almost to the hatching point)

Final egg died

Hoo boy... I have 2 Shumoga eggs at largest crack, with around 4d14h left, unincubated. I also have a freshly bred Cantormaris.

Is this a good time to quake?

I looked over at OP and signs seem to point to a potentially successful quake, but I'm scared lol

**** it I'm gonna do it!!!

MY HUBRIS

image.thumb.png.7bdbf7e31dcfea2b83f6cbcd5bc1de2a.png
Two deaths, one unaffected, never doing this again. ;v;

Edited by 0x08
Image was small

is it better to NOT incubate an egg you plan on using EQ on?  is there a better chance at Actual 4d30min than at Incubated 4d30m (Actual 5d30m)?

Incubate doesn't seem to have an effect one way or the other.

Edited by 0x08

I didn't have chances to post the screenshot earlier.

All eggs except the drake were 2 days and 1-5 hours old, none were incubated. Drake was freshly bred, I simply forgot about him :c

big screenshot

Spoiler

rar19fbTo_8.jpg?size=1125x1452&quality=9

Edited by Nakti

Okay. What did I do wrong?

I have been patiently waiting until my 5 shumoga eggs got to 4 days, 12 hours this morning (without incubate). All had the biggest hole.

Apparently I have only four green dragons, and here are my results:

1st EQ: 5/5 unaffected

2nd EQ: 4/5 unaffected, 1/5 killed

3rd EQ: 3/4 unaffected, 1/4 killed

4th EQ: 2/3 unaffected, 1/3 killed

I am not killing the two eggs I have left. This feels so frustrating and disappointing. 😿

Edited by Varislapsi

I have been lucky enough to have some Skittish !

Spoiler

earthquake.PNG.8755f0f0f69b4c4a07c38fa0906c656d.PNG

Yeah I had a little pygmy guy that I was expecting to dodge the madness, but well.

I tried another round

Spoiler

earthquake2.PNG.aa15f861a05ce23b797dd1419661a77b.PNG

I tried to "Kill" the last 3, and one was successful ! So at the end, I have 4 skittish and 4 eggshells on my scroll. Not too bad compared to the very bad luck of others, so I'm grateful, I just don't really like having killed some perfectly good eggs (':

Edited by calona

Ok. Had a full batch of 8 Shumoga eggs all final cracking stage that I just quaked. Results are below. Eggs were incubated, mostly out of habit.

EQ 1

4 dead

3 unaffected

1 hatched and caught

EQ 2

1 unaffected

2 hatched and caught

EQ 3 

last egg died

I also recorded what time the eggs had left. 

1. Egg at 4d2h: Dead on EQ1
  2. Egg at 4d2h: Dead on EQ1
  3. Egg at 4d2h: Hatched and caught EQ2
  4. Egg at 4d4h: Dead on EQ3
  5. Egg at 4d6h: Hatched and caught EQ1
  6. Egg at 4d6h: Dead on EQ1
  7. Egg at 4d7h: Dead on EQ1
  8. Egg at 4d7h: Hatched and caught EQ2

8 un-incubated Shumoga eggs, all around 4d 12h, final cracking stage.

1st EQ: 5 hatched and caught, 3 unaffected

2nd EQ: 3 hatched, 2 caught, 1 escaped

Edited by Scrolls_

I heard that you can have a better chance if you wait till 3d or less. But I' m not sure how to do it... Can I fog the eggs that are about to hatch and wait one more day and EQ them? While fogged?

Edited by natli

Does an egg being sick or not impact how earthquake effects it? I'm itching to try eq'ing six eggs but one is sick and I'll wait if it's a guaranteed death. Or should I try it and post the results for science...? 🤔 

3 hours ago, ADN6 said:

Does an egg being sick or not impact how earthquake effects it? I'm itching to try eq'ing six eggs but one is sick and I'll wait if it's a guaranteed death. Or should I try it and post the results for science...? 🤔 

If sickness does affect it, then it doesn't affect it very much. I've gotten several successes from sick eggs and fails from non-sick ones.

eta: 1 5d8h s5, success. 5d23h s2, 3 kills, 1 success, all sick. Should have tracked other attempts...

eta2: 2 5d19h s3, 1 kill/1 success. both sick.

Edited by Shadowdrake

I'm sorry. I didn't keep screenshots or exact records. I had 7 Shumoga eggs at 4 days to 4 days 1 hour After 4 EQs 5 eggs were dead. Then kill killed one and the last was abandoned cause there was no longer any to try for it. Not happy. I Will probably try again, but not right away. Need to get more Pyropellis eggs first.

Oh yeah, they had not been incubated.

New info. 1 egg actually hatched normal between EQs. Missed that for a while.

Edited by RainDear
addition, new info

I'm sorry, I didn't keep any records, but I tried earthquake the other day & I had 4 each of the new releases. My Pyro eggs all hatched with no issues. My Shumoga eggs were asa follows:

1st EQ:

1 egg hatched

2 were unaffected

1 egg died.

I tried EQ again to see if I could get the 2 unaffected ones to hatch & they did.

I believe I had incubated them before hatching. All were at the final stage except the one that died. XD

I have 8 more eggs that I will try again as soon as they're ready.

Last EQ Results

1 Canto killed :(

2 hatched (pyropellis, shumoga)

2 Unaffected (canto, shumoga)

Further Info:

Eggs were all around 4-5 days after incubation. 

Pyropellis was oldest of the batch (I think at 4 days 14/11hrs). Ironically I think the surviving cantor was the eldest of the two (by minutes I think to be fair).

I will try again at some point, with the unaffected Shumoga. Its gone down to 2 days, and will go down more when I intend to EQ. Next time Im writing times down first rather than retroactively guess XD 

7 minutes ago, Ruffledfeathers said:

Does this mean any were over 5d0h after being incubated? Because if they were cracked, that's almost a guaranteed death if they're not 24h old. If not, sorry for my questioning!

43 minutes ago, Shadowdrake said:

52 minutes ago, Ruffledfeathers said:

Does this mean any were over 5d0h after being incubated? Because if they were cracked, that's almost a guaranteed death if they're not 24h old. If not, sorry for my questioning!

Oof my memory sucks XD 

I grabbed all on 24th and EQ’d on the 26th :) I think the cantors and unaffected Shuogma were a good few hours older than the others. 

2 Shumoga eggs, at 5d1h left, i incubated them to 4d1h.

just after 9 p.m. Cave Time, when the eggs had about 4d20min and 4d25min left, i used EQ for the first time ever.

both eggs had the stage 5 crack - a big hole.

and go~

QHykS5b.png

so i tried it again on the unaffected egg~

7pPEya8.png

i caught him! :D  now he needs a name. 

guess i ought to try to find another one now.....

4 hours ago, Shadowdrake said:

If sickness does affect it, then it doesn't affect it very much. I've gotten several successes from sick eggs and fails from non-sick ones.

eta: 1 5d8h s5, success. 5d23h s2, 3 kills, 1 success, all sick. Should have tracked other attempts...

eta2: 2 5d19h s3, 1 kill/1 success. both sick.

Do you get sick hatchies after the EQ?

--------------------------------------------------------

I forgot to share my last result here:

Mg8BDz3.png

I didn't take a screenshot of the EQ result because this one was the very last egg of the batch.

The egg was incubated, influenced and at the very last cracking stage. I'm about 99.999999% sure it was exactly at 4 days left, I mean, in the view page it said the egg was at 4 days left, bu like I said it was the last egg from the batch and at the moment it wouldn't hatch so I suppose it was one of those times when you have to act...

Extra info, in case it's useful: I incubated and influenced the egg right after I caught it from the cave and I immediately put it on a site with the purpose of gaining clicks, at around 4 days 12 hours left it put it in other sites to start getting views. Also, just before EQ'ing it I precogged it.

While not EQ specifically, here are the stats for the two eggs I killed right before doing the action itself.  Both successfully hatched and were caught, both eggs unincubated.

Spoiler

image.png.ee67e5270f16b41c22948aee21bdbc82.png

image.png.5e172c12b1efa1d73c5dd0d0e52970a3.png

Just had good success with EQ  this morning. 6 out of six (eventually!)

image.png.57e11580a8afec3b57e8ae0f2c4ac485.png

image.png.0364d6c653d29f2fe4635e9189644dfa.png