Tini

Earthquake Science!

3 hours ago, Tini said:

They should all hatch green unless you do something else to them before they hatch. Grats on 8/8 survival!

Danke, and I`m glad to report the 4 all were green, so that part of my theory is good. It`s just hard being scroll locked for so long, but I daren`t get any other eggs in case earthquake kills them. 

I was super, super, super nervous to do this, but I really wanted green cantors. I kept track of everything I did. I hope it's helpful!

I bought 8 canto eggs from the market Wednesday evening and incubated them. 

The next day I put them in hatcheries and autorefreshed them until they all got sick (~2k views apiece I think?) and then hid them. 

This morning I precogged them, saw I only had 2 girls, and influenced 2 of the males to be female. Put them back in hatcheries until they all had the S5 holes, then hid again. None of them got sick. 

When they had 4d 7h left, I used earthquake. 4 hatched (1 of which escaped), 3 were unaffected, and 1 died. 

No description available.

The egg's stats right before I used earthquake,

No description available.

The results of the earthquake. 

My goal for the canto variants is 3 CB males and 3 CB females apiece (which I have now!), and I was worried they'd like all die so I'm happy with what I've got lol! I hope this helps people. 

I wonder if there's an optimal point for egg survival... Like, for the Cantors since we've found they don't need to hatch from the EQ, just survive it, I wonder when the best point to just not kill the egg is 🤔

My first earthquake ever – three CB cantormaris eggs, all with stage five cracking, one had four days and one hour left and the other two had four days, 18 hours (no incubate). Just one of the younger cantors survived (egg was unaffected) but at least I'll get my first motus!

So! I used earthquake today (quite nervously, but I had someone very kind offer me a gift so I wanted to do it before accepting!) 

All four eggs were from the market. The 2 cantors were influenced, incubated and warded, and were hatched and caught. They both had big holes. 

2 citrines were not incubated or warded, but were also hatched and caught. One had a big hole and the other did not. 

I am happy with this! I may try to get some more green cantors in the future but I'm happy for now, I've got two non-lineaged as a start. 

rip little friend. I really do not like earthquake. But at least two hatched and stayed and one was unaffected which is just as good. Still sad about that one pixel baby.

lgFFi

So for science. The setup:
4 market cantors all bought within some minutes.
All influenced and incubated. All views slowly aquired over the last day, so no snickness and no ward needed.
They had 5d4hrs left before incubate (so 4d4hrs after) and were all at s5 crack.
Result:
two hatched and caught
one unaffected (fine for what I want)
one dead egg

Do not look forward to do that again because I made damn sure I had no other egg on the scroll that could possibly die and that is going to be a hassle.
Very thankful for this thread and all the compiled info!

2 marketplace 4-23 cantors, plus 2 marketplace incubated 3-23 Aquilo and 1 LN Royal Eminence I got in a trade incubated 3-23. I warded all of them except 1 cantor, all were unaffected when I earthquaked them, so that means my cantors will turn green. Maybe it has to do with the views they have?, because I don`t put any of my eggs anywhere until they get close to 4 days, so all 10 of my earthquaked cantors survived unaffected with really low views, 18 views/ 6 unique views/ 1 click. My Aquilos and the Royal Eminence have higher views because I was trying to hatch them before I earthquaked the cantors, but even they only have around 500-600 views. 

On 5/29/2021 at 8:13 AM, Stromboli said:

I wonder if there's an optimal point for egg survival... Like, for the Cantors since we've found they don't need to hatch from the EQ, just survive it, I wonder when the best point to just not kill the egg is 🤔

For some reason I think 5 days is the magic number, but I don`t actually know that. I think my low views also had something to do with my eggs being unaffected, which is good with me because I don`t necessarily want the cantors to hatch, I just want them to survive the earthquake. 

7 hours ago, dragongrrl said:

Does it seem that Incubate improves the survival rate?

I just incubated to see it my cantors would hatch if they were under 4 days. I added them to a nursery afterwards. 

On 5/23/2021 at 8:13 PM, Shadowdrake said:

Numbers we still need for data are eqs before 24 hours

I used EQ on two Cantormaris eggs not more than 2 minutes after buying them from the market. Both Cantormaris died while all other eggs (most which were between 4-5 days were unaffected)

Ok, I EQ'ed 3 cantos. I didn't care about them being able to hatch, I just wanted them to survive and all three did. 

One was bred with 3d 16h left, no incu.

Two were market with 5d 14h left, incu.

No cracks.

EQ.jpg.c5b172d55d08c1dd3ad7d6394469abf4.jpg

For science, I did 11 earthquakes in a row on high-time non-cantor eggs. Only 2 died, while the rest remained unaffected.

Starting eggs, all from biome:

• four 6d4h magnesiums
  • one 6d4h floret
  • one 7d brimstone
  • one 7d blazeback
  • one 7d magnesium

Deaths:

• one 6d4h floret 
  • one 6d4h magnesium

The floret died on eq #1, and the magnesium on eq #7. The other 9 eqs did nothing. The 7d biome eggs all survived, so I'm inclined to think either high time cantors or market eggs are much more likely to die from eq.

5 breed Canto eggs, all around 5d 18hrs left, no cracks and listed on a click site. 

Results:

1 dead egg.

3 unaffected eggs.

1 egg hatched and "I managed catch it", baby came out green!

Will the green hatchlings stay green if traded at this point? Or will they still turn orange?

Edited by TheDML

Bought 4 canto from the market, and was stupid enough to use earthquake when they were just a couple of hours old. As a result, all but one died.

Then I got other eggs from the market, and this time I used earthquake when they were 5d 7hrs left and fully cracked. As a result

2 eggs hatched and green canto stayed on my scroll :D

3 eggs were unaffected. Will see in about 7 hours if they are going to turn green or not

no eggs died

8 market Cantos - all influenced/incubated

EQ'ed at 4 Days 8 Hours

5 hatched

2 were unaffected

1 died (the only one I actually cared about too!)

earthquake.png.fde3fe75934d98b29ef91d8f0c723d93.png

Tomorrow afternoon (24 hours time, I'm in the UK) I'll have eight cantors on 4days 4hours.  I'll be ready to earthquake as I'm not waiting for any of the cracking sequence this time. I've read through all the posts and although a lot of it looks purely down to luck, I can't help wondering if warding and/or fogging them would protect them more.  Decisions, decisions!

I've EQ'ed twice since the release. I had 4 cantor eggs at each earthquake, 2 that I'd had for a while so they were down at 4 days X hours and had started to get cracks, and 2 freshly bred ones.

First time only one egg survived, one of the older eggs.

Second time two of the eggs survived, the two freshly bred ones, while the two older eggs died.

So I think in the future I won't care to wait, I'll just EQ the cantors as soon as I get them if I want them green.

Did earthquake on 4 freshly bred Cantos, didn't go well. 😢 I'll be making sure to wait longer next time...

image.png.d8ccdaa823a3c9076366f2af6a011661.png

I prepared 7 Cantos eggs (5 bred, 2 Market / only influenced / not warded) for my very first earthquake, got the tip to wait for a really big hole in them before earthquaking which I did and of course two of them hatched tonight while I was asleep lol XD

I then used EQ on the remaining 5 eggs (3 at 4d, 2 at 4d 11h) and NONE died! :D

3 fell out their eggs as green hatchies, 2 are still eggs (one with a big hole, the other with a crack), the ones with an uneffected message.

Neither hatchies nor eggs are sick, so I guess I don't need to fog them unless they get too much attention.

Update: both that were still eggs have no hatched green, still no sickness on any

Edited by Kiwiana

Hope this works, never tried a screenshot before!   Earthquake success at 4 days 7 hours - just two out of 8 killed.

eqsuccess.png

I forgot to take a screenshot, but here are my results

There were 7 eggs. One was only a day old, but had over 1000 views.

4 were less than 10 hours from hatching with huge gaping holes

The 2 cantormaris were at 5 days and 2 hours with huge holes.

No incubates on any of them.

One hatched.

One died

All others were unaffected.

The one that died had the least amount of time remaining and was a red dragon

The one that hatched was a jester dragon

The other 5 were 2 cantormaris, 1 glaucus, 1 kingcrowne and 1 tideweaver lyndwyrm (this one was the youngest)

Did an EQ on a bred canto I pulled from the AP and incubated to be ER status. It had three views and was unaffected.

ETA: Did math and it was 4 days 13 hours when pulled from the AP.

Edited by Jazeki

16 hours ago, Kiwiana said:

of course two of them hatched tonight while I was asleep lol

Whoops! For future reference, you can fog things and they'll continue cracking in the fog from age but won't be able to grow, due to not getting views. You can open the ward page to view their cracking status without having to unfog any, to minimize risk of early hatches, and they can be EQ'd in fog so it all works out.

On 6/1/2021 at 6:13 AM, TheDML said:

Will the green hatchlings stay green if traded at this point? Or will they still turn orange?

All cantors stay the same color once hatched no matter what.

Used Earthquake on 6 Cantomaris (all incubated & precogged) at 4d 4h with large holes, each with 2000+ views, 600+ unique views - 4 unaffected (currently hidden), 2 died

(Also unaffected was a G2 'z' Royal Blue at 5d 17h & 6 views!)

Edited by JaneMcAsh