Tini

Earthquake Science!

4 Shumoga eggs, at 4d1h - 4d0hr left, not incubated.    

just b4 4 p.m. Cave Time, i used EQ for the first time ever.

All eggs had the stage 5 crack - a big hole, and were fogged.

EQ 1: two killed, 2 unaffected. Meh....

EQ 2: 1 hatched and escaped. 1 unaffected.

I used Kill Action on the "stubborn" egg which forced it to hatch, and I caught the hatchie.

Net success: 25%. 

That's... Rather sad. 😐 Or is that normal? I don't know.

This EQ session tells a tale: the tale of Acasa The Unbroken. 

Egg Timers:

Cantor 1: 3 D 10H

Cantor 2: 3D 22H

Acasa (Shumoga): 1D 21H!

Shumoga 2: 3D 10H

Shumoga 3: 3D 22H

All big hole except Cantor 2 which was the stage prior to little hole. All fogged btw.

EQ 1:

Our mighty hero of the story (precogs male) begins with EQ 1. The unbreakable being itself withstands the EQ as if it were nought, despite its desperately low time.

Results:

3/5- Hatch

2/5- Unaffected

Shumoga 2 of 3D 10H one of the unaffected btw. 

EQ2:

I flew a little close to the sun, ever determined to break what cannot be broken. 

1/2- Die

1/2- (the unbroken ofc) Unaffected

EQ:

Enraged at my needless loss, and repeated failure, to hatch an egg I held for way too long for the sole reason of hatching a dark Shumo). I EQ’d a third and final time…

1/1- Unaffected

Astounded, and down right impressed, I allowed the young dragon to emerge from its shell, unfogging, and give it a name that bucks my normal naming style to honour it. 

5 shumoka eggs, between 4d 2h and 4d 22h

All at s5 cracks, all fogged

EQ1: 3 unaffected, 2 hatched and captured

EQ2: 2 unaffected, 1 hatched and captured

Total: 2 unaffected, 3 hatched and captured, 0 hatched and escaped, 0 dead

No more greens left, so the last two I plan to try to kill

I got verry lucky with that, I was fully expecting to kill at least 2 or 3

I had 7 eggs EQed 3 times & out of the three, I lost a hatchie & killed 2 eggs.

I'm not happy that my Z code died & that I lost a hatchie to the great unknown. I'm currently looking for 2 more eggs so I can try again as 8 will be my limit for this breed.

tally: 2x 4d16h s5, 2x 5d8h s5, 2x 5d14h s3, 2x 5d14h s3 (sick)

1. 2x 4d16h s5, 1x 5d8h s5, 1x 5d14h s3 (sick) hatched successfully. 1x 5d14h s3 killed. result: 4 hatch, 1 death, 3 unaffected
  2. 1x 5d14h s3 hatched successfully. 1x 5d8h s5, 1x 5d14h s3 (sick) killed. result: 1 hatch, 2 death

On 8/26/2021 at 12:15 PM, 0x08 said:

I also have a freshly bred Cantormaris.

So, this is super late but don't ever eq anything freshly bred or bought from market because they have a super high chance of dying. They seem to be much more likely to be unaffected once they're at least 6 hours old.

On 8/27/2021 at 6:12 AM, Kaityn said:

Eggs were incubated, mostly out of habit.

Do you remember if the numbers you posted here were their natural times or incubated times?

tally: 2x 4d16h s5, 2x 5d8h s5, 2x 5d14h s3, 2x 5d14h s3 (sick)

1. 2x 4d16h s5, 1x 5d8h s5, 1x 5d14h s3 (sick) hatched successfully. 1x 5d14h s3 killed. result: 4 hatch, 1 death, 3 unaffected
  2. 1x 5d14h s3 hatched successfully. 1x 5d8h s5, 1x 5d14h s3 (sick) killed. result: 1 hatch, 2 death
Edited by Shadowdrake

Earthquaked 5 Shumoga eggs and had 2 hatch + got caught, 1 death and 2 unaffected. They all were at S5 with 5d left on timer (unincubated). They had around 450-480 UVs, 1650-1740 OVs, 4 of them had 1 click and 1 had 2 clicks. None were sick.

15 minutes ago, Shadowdrake said:

So, this is super late but don't ever eq anything freshly bred or bought from market because they have a super high chance of dying. They seem to be much more likely to be unaffected once they're at least 6 hours old.

Yeah... learned this the hard way. I was really impatient so I didn't wait.

I'm probably not EQing again until after two weeks, unless I manage to catch some AP greens, but for my next try to get a wild shumoga...

How about views, what would be a good goal? For CBs? All my dead eggs had around 2400 views / 600 unique views, the unaffected ones I can't remember because I let them hatch naturally. Probably something similar because they were all caught around the same time and added on the same sites. Was that too little? I was just thinking about their time and cracks so this only came to my mind now.

I'm sorry for asking stupid questions but I am very new to this. The motus cantors were so much easier, it only took me two tries and some trade to get a few CBs. But almost all of them hatched from unaffected eggs, as far as I remember.

1 hour ago, Varislapsi said:

How about views, what would be a good goal? For CBs? All my dead eggs had around 2400 views / 600 unique views, the unaffected ones I can't remember because I let them hatch naturally. Probably something similar because they were all caught around the same time and added on the same sites. Was that too little? I was just thinking about their time and cracks so this only came to my mind now.

I'm sorry for asking stupid questions but I am very new to this. The motus cantors were so much easier, it only took me two tries and some trade to get a few CBs. But almost all of them hatched from unaffected eggs, as far as I remember.

In the past, I've found views don't play as much of a roll as time seems to as I had a few 500-600 views at less than 4 days hatch with EQ.

Most of my dead via EQ eggs were very young [less than 5 hours on my scroll with little to no views/clicks] - though I did just have a Cantormaris egg be unaffected at 6 days, 2 hours so...

Also, Cantormaris are easier because the egg Doesn't need to hatch from EQ [EQ just has to be the last action performed on the egg]. It is only the Shumogas that need to be forced to hatch via EQ (or the Kill action).

9 hours ago, Shadowdrake said:

Do you remember if the numbers you posted here were their natural times or incubated times?

Incubated times

@ShorahNagi  Thanks for advice! So, for best chances, should I maybe fog my eggs when they have stage 5 cracks and wait until they're ER time, then use EQ? Or is it better if they're even older? (My shumoga eggs had 4 days, 12 hours when I tried to hatch them with EQs last Friday.)

And yep, that's what I meant with cantors being easier! 😸

Edited because I thought I could paste my first shumoga EQ results here as well. Again, sorry if these things have been asked and explained a million times. I've been browsing this thread and other EQ discussions on the forums this week and back in May/June but I surely have missed some good posts. I also am aware that there are no guarantees, I just want to waste as few eggs and as little time as possible to get the dragons that I want (like everyone, I know). The wild shumogas are beautiful but I don't really like force hatching things...

Spoiler

On 8/27/2021 at 11:12 AM, Varislapsi said:

Okay. What did I do wrong?

I have been patiently waiting until my 5 shumoga eggs got to 4 days, 12 hours this morning (without incubate). All had the biggest hole.

Apparently I have only four green dragons, and here are my results:

1st EQ: 5/5 unaffected

2nd EQ: 4/5 unaffected, 1/5 killed

3rd EQ: 3/4 unaffected, 1/4 killed

4th EQ: 2/3 unaffected, 1/3 killed

I am not killing the two eggs I have left. This feels so frustrating and disappointing. 😿

Edited by Varislapsi

Same question.

I have a batch of 6 eggs, most around 4d 3h, all at the end cracking stage (big hole), 2,500+ views (except one), and 750+ unique views (again except one). For the best chances, should I just fog them before they get down to 4d left and keep them fogged until they're really low time? How low is low enough? I'm willing to be patient if it means better success and not having to keep trying this. My youngest egg is at 5d so I wonder if I should keep the others fogged until that one is close to 4d?

Any advice is much appreciated! I've never used Earthquake before and never planned to.

Tried EQ with 2 Shumoga eggs. They were both 3d 19h left and with big crack, around 3000 views and 200 uv

First attempt: they were both unaffected

Second attempt: 1 killed and 1 unaffected

Third attempt: 1 unaffected

Fourth attempt: 1 hatched (finally!!)

Edited by Iside

3 hours ago, GhostMouse said:

Same question.

I have a batch of 6 eggs, most around 4d 3h, all at the end cracking stage (big hole), 2,500+ views (except one), and 750+ unique views (again except one). For the best chances, should I just fog them before they get down to 4d left and keep them fogged until they're really low time? How low is low enough? I'm willing to be patient if it means better success and not having to keep trying this. My youngest egg is at 5d so I wonder if I should keep the others fogged until that one is close to 4d?

Any advice is much appreciated! I've never used Earthquake before and never planned to.

Unfortunately there isn't a ton of hard data on that kind of thing. I guess I should maybe set up a sheet for throwing data into to actually crunch some numbers.

18 minutes ago, Tini said:

Unfortunately there isn't a ton of hard data on that kind of thing. I guess I should maybe set up a sheet for throwing data into to actually crunch some numbers.

That would be useful, I'll definitely add my results here for future use. Depending on how this goes I may not ever want to try Earthquaking again, but if I do I'll keep reporting back. For now, I'm fogging things as they approach 4d left and letting my youngest egg catch up on views and get as close to 4d as I can stand.

(Also forgot to mention in my other post but none of them have been Incubated.)

earthquake02.png.c096148d22416807a1ce13554150c166.png
Well that was some rotten luck.
All just above 5 days and with s5 cracks.
Forgot to incubate and unhide them, so that may have done something?
But that was my try to get the black variant of the new dragon. Guess I'll not try for a while.

There is a googledoc being messed around with atm, but in the meantime, here's a form! To get the most info easiest.

Egg #:
Time Remaining:

Crack Stage:

Sick?:

Incu?:

Result:

:dry: Never trying that again. Everything died, I finally gave up and have one pale hatchling.

Stats, times, and cracking info in the images.

First 2 earthquakes killed 1 egg each, no effect on the rest. 3rd killed 2 eggs. With two eggs remaining, I tried earthquake 4 more times with no effect. Finally unfogged and quickly killed one with my remaining kill slots and it died, leaving the final survivor.

I really liked the xolo code, too... And I waited so long. I hate this.

Screenshot_20210829-210231.png

Screenshot_20210829-210301.png

earthquaked 2 eggs today

Egg 1:  (2d 18h) (s5) (not sick) (not incubated) - died

Egg 2: (3d 3h) (s5) (not sick) (not incubated) - died

Egg 1 died 4 earthquakes in

Egg 2 survived nearly everything I threw at it, but was finally done in by the 16th earthquake. the saddest part is I only had 1 green left. 1 more and it would have survived The Gauntlet. alas

Edited by Arcy

8 CB Shumoga Eggs

- 2200+ Views/~600 Unique Views

- 3d 17h remaining

- No Incubation

- Stage 5 Cracks

- All Fogged

- 6 Earthquakes

EQ #1 - 6/8 Unaffected, 2/8 Dead

EQ #2 - 6/6 Unaffected

EQ #3 - 5/6 Unaffected, 1/6 Dead

EQ #4 - 4/5 Unaffected, 1/5 Dead

EQ #5 - 2/4 Unaffected, 2/4 Dead

EQ #6 - 2/2 Unaffected

Results - 6 Dead Eggs and 2 Un-alted Survivors

I'm out of Greens and and very sad now. I tried very hard to raise these with the best chance of surviving the quakes but I have nothing to show for it.

11 Greens used, 3 eggs under 3 days killed (3 kill slots lost) and the stupid surviving egg has 23 hours left... (won´t use kill on it)

5/6 Shumogas. All times are unincubated, multiple earthquakes, stage 5 crack on all of them.

3d 19h    - success
3d 21h    - success
3d 22h    - success
4d 14h    - success
5d 9h      - success
5d 12h    - dead

Filling out the form. I was too preoccupied with my disastrous results to do this last night. This was one batch of eggs and 7 Earthquakes. I hope this helps someone.

Egg #: 1
Time Remaining: 4d15h

Crack Stage: 5

Sick?: No

Incu?: No

Result:  Dead

Egg #: 2
Time Remaining: 3d22h

Egg #: 3
Time Remaining: 3d11h

Egg #: 4

Egg #: 5

Result:  Unaffected (tried Kill, egg died)

Egg #: 6

Result:  Unaffected, hatched normal