Tini

Earthquake Science!

9 hours ago, Shadowdrake said:

Whoops! For future reference, you can fog things and they'll continue cracking in the fog from age but won't be able to grow, due to not getting views. You can open the ward page to view their cracking status without having to unfog any, to minimize risk of early hatches, and they can be EQ'd in fog so it all works out.

Oh thanks a bunch, didn't think of fogging and to know I can EQ while in fog is very helpful!!

Used Earthquake on an assortment of eggs (all but one* incubated)

2 Canotrmaris - 4 days, 22 hours [unaffected]

2 Pennybright coppers - 5 days [both killed :(]

1 New Lavender floret - 4 days, 23 hours [unaffected]

1 new Peach floret - 3 days, 17 hours [unaffected]

1 Gold - 5 days, 16 hours [unaffected, unicubated*]

1 Blue Sapphire - 5 days, 10 hours [unaffected]

The things we do for science...

I earthquaked 8 Cantormaris eggs (all from the market).

They had the last stage hole, were incubated at 5d 1h (thus showing 4d 1h afterwards), then warded.*

7 survived.

View stats (before the earthquake) and outcomes:

1,960    439    1  The earthquake cracks the egg’s shell, and a baby dragon scampers out. It tries to run away, but you catch it.
2,075    491    2  The egg is unaffected by the earthquake.
2,052    460    3  The egg is unaffected by the earthquake.
2,021    479    4  The earthquake cracks the egg’s shell, and a baby dragon scampers out. It tries to run away, but you catch it.
2,022    475    3  The egg is unaffected by the earthquake.
2,032    471    2  The earthquake cracks the egg’s shell, killing the baby dragon inside.
2,004    488    1  The egg is unaffected by the earthquake.
2,015    473    2  The egg is unaffected by the earthquake.

* Ward was just in case I would not get to do the earthquake in time (for unexpected real life reasons or something), because I need some more Tutelas but no more Iratus.

I couldn't be happier with my second earthquake! Three CB cantor eggs, all with some cracks (I can't really see the difference between stage 2 and 3 cracking in this case). One hatch and catch that had a bit less than 5 days left. Two unaffected, one with 4 days and 20 hours, the other with 4 days and 23 hours.

Compared to my first try with three low-time, big-hole eggs and only one survivor... well I said it already, I'm very happy now!

Also... is it safe to influence the unaffected eggs after EQ? I just want to be sure that I get my green cantors!

Edited by Varislapsi

58 minutes ago, Varislapsi said:

I couldn't be happier with my second earthquake! Three CB cantor eggs, all with some cracks (I can't really see the difference between stage 2 and 3 cracking in this case). One hatch and catch that had a bit less than 5 days left. Two unaffected, one with 4 days and 20 hours, the other with 4 days and 23 hours.

Compared to my first try with three low-time, big-hole eggs and only one survivor... well I said it already, I'm very happy now!

Also... is it safe to influence the unaffected eggs after EQ? I just want to be sure that I get my green cantors!

Influence yes, just nothing else. 

54 minutes ago, Varislapsi said:

Congrats on your second earthquake! Influencing an egg has no effect on it as far as I'm aware of, so you should be safe when influencing your unhatched eggs. I recently influenced one of my cantors after bouncing it (since I needed it to be itus) and it still hatched as the correct variant afterwards.

Argh! I'm so angry about Earthquake, now!  I have 3 dead Cantos on my scroll that all died, even though they were down to under 4 days and had cracks in them.  What a waste.

2 minutes ago, Emerald01 said:

Argh! I'm so angry about Earthquake, now!  I have 3 dead Cantos on my scroll that all died, even though they were down to under 4 days and had cracks in them.  What a waste.

Were they incubated?

One of them was, the others were not. I wasn't sure the EQ would override Incubate.

EQ does override the prior BSAs. 

I think we need to be comparing incubated vs. non-incubated eggs to see if the survival rates differ.

I used earthquake for the first time with 8 cantormaris eggs (all of them came from the market). All of them were incubated at 5d 23h (making them 4d 23h), but I waited to hatch them at 4d 20h. I then made sure to ward all the eggs in order to protect them from dying of sickness, since they all got sick as I was waiting for them to get somewhere between stage 3-5. These are the following results:

[stage 5]  6,318  422  2  |  The earthquake cracks the egg's shell, and a baby dragon scampers out. It tries to run away, but you catch it.

[stage 4]  5,407  362  3  |  The earthquake cracks the egg's shell, and a baby dragon scampers out. It tries to run away, but you catch it.

[stage 5]  6,015  401  1  |  The earthquake cracks the egg's shell, and a baby dragon scampers out. It tries to run away, but you catch it.

[stage 5]  5,940  396  0  |  The earthquake cracks the egg's shell, killing the baby dragon inside.

[stage 4]  5,624  376  2  |  The earthquake cracks the egg's shell, and a baby dragon scampers out. It tries to run away, but you catch it.

[stage 5]  5,886  394  2  |  The egg is unaffected by the earthquake.

[stage 4]  5,655  377  1  |  The earthquake cracks the egg's shell, killing the baby dragon inside.

[stage 5]  6,146  411  1  |  The earthquake cracks the egg's shell, and a baby dragon scampers out. It tries to run away, but you catch it.

Summary: 6/8 eggs survived, 2/8 eggs died, 1/8 eggs were unaffected.

Edited by Rhikasa

A friend of mine told me that she now had used EQ three times on altogether 8 CM eggs. She used it on completely fresh eggs (7 days time to die)  that she bred and/or bought from the market. She said she first influenced them as she wanted, then incubated, then warded them and in the end she used EQ. Each time all of the eggs were unaffected. The first two batches hatched green, and at the moment she's waiting for the next batch to hatch.

I wish I would have no relevant eggs on my scroll to try it out myself. -_-'

Edited by Astreya

I just did second EQ. All were fogged, the second two were incubated, the first one wasn't.

3d 23h left - S1 - 11  2  2 - The egg is unaffected by the earthquake.

4d 3h left - S3 - 1561  358  1 - The egg is unaffected by the earthquake.

4d 3h left - S4 - 1841  359  2 - The earthquake cracks the egg's shell, and a baby dragon scampers out. It tries to run away, but you catch it.

I'm so excited!  Just did my first EQ on five market purchased Cantormaris eggs.  None were incubated, waited until 4D 23H on crack stage 5, each with roughly 3k views.  Every single egg successfully hatched green.  :D   Makes me wish I had bothered to influence them first lol.

had one cantor egg that earthquaked, 6d6h roughly (not incubated, obviously) with hardly any views. unaffected. 

Edited by lexi_

Oh I forgot to report mine, which was 5d6h? ish? s5 and died v.v

As I finally had no eggs left on my scroll, I decided to follow the procedure a friend gave me that resulted in 8 green Cantormaris from 8 eggs she EQ'd.

I got one CM in a trade that needs to turn Green (it's at 5d19h how) and right now I bred six fresh eggs from two IratusCMs each (they are at 6d0h).

I first influenced the eggs as needed. Next step - I incubated all of them. Third step - I put a ward on each of them.

Eep. All six eggs I bred (the ones at 6d0h) died :(  I'm definitely not amused.

But fortunately the cool one I traded for was unaffected and will now hatch green!

cool.png

Out of curiosity - could it be that Market eggs are sturdier than bred eggs? Or CB eggs in general? The friend I mentioned above just told me happily that she just bought another five Cantormaris eggs from the Market, influenced and incubated and warded them and used Earthquake and hers were all unaffected! So now she has another set of 5 CB Green Cantormaris dragons additional to the first batch that just hatched. I have to admit I'm a bit envious! -_-'

(She said hers were completely new and at 6d0h after incubate.)

Edited by Astreya

All of my Cantors were killed...! I can't believe this!

1557ac4c03dace67e5eec3eef08468a0.png

Edited by Diame

7 hours ago, Astreya said:

Out of curiosity - could it be that Market eggs are sturdier than bred eggs? Or CB eggs in general? The friend I mentioned above just told me happily that she just bought another five Cantormaris eggs from the Market, influenced and incubated and warded them and used Earthquake and hers were all unaffected! So now she has another set of 5 CB Green Cantormaris dragons additional to the first batch that just hatched. I have to admit I'm a bit envious! -_-'

(She said hers were completely new and at 6d0h after incubate.)

See that's the exact opposite of what other people are seeing lol. Fresh bought eggs resulted in mass death for most people.

@Tini

Well, in my case it was 6 fresh eggs = six dead eggs, too.

Said friend now got 13 (in words - thirteen) unaffected eggs at 6d0h! 

Very mysterious, that.

Congrats for that Motus prizekin, though, @Astreya! Ah, they are so beautiful, but I feel any breeding projects with them would be too much excitement for me. 😹

weird request... I have a Canto that I'm about to try EQ on, but I accidentally clicked 2 CB 
Florets last night.  If there's someone I could bounce them to, temporarily, whoever takes them could keep one and just send one of them back?  I just don't want them killed by EQ and can't quite bring myself to abandon them.  I'm sorry if this is the wrong place to post, but I could think of a better place...

One way link!

I won't insist on having one back.  It would be nice, though. LOL  I just dont want them to die.

Ok so I did three more EQs. I used fresh bred eggs and all died.

1st EQ - 1 fresh bred egg incubated - Died

2nd EQ - 2 fresh bred eggs both incubated, 1 warded - Both died

3rd EQ - 2 fresh bred eggs 1 warded - Both died

Through all of that, my electric egg with a huge hole just sat there unaffected by three EQs. lol