TJ09

2021-04-25 - April Dragon Release

1 minute ago, Vampyre said:

and in fact can actually be pleasantly surprised 😜

Now I'm wondering if unincubated burnt metals would be another color that's not shown in TJ's post. 

2 hours ago, ylangylang said:

W H A T? you mean  the burnt metal ones are green? or the soft chirping ones? 

2 hours ago, dragongrrl said:

Those are eggies from the Jungle. :)

Oh, I guess it was the breed from the Jungle after all. They do have fewer heads and more limbs than they should've, but I didn't want to be presumptuous and assume =o

Edited by Nine

Just now, Nine said:

Oh, I guess it was the breed from the Jungle after all. They do have fewer heads and more limbs than they should've, but I didn't want to be presumptuous and assume =o

Oh good, I was nervous :D thanks for clearing that up! 

46 minutes ago, Whirlaway said:

The colors are biome specific. The Desert ones are brown, and sort above Volcano one. Not sure how colors for bred versions will go, but it is clear it is biome based for the CBs, since every Volcano one is gray and every Desert one is gold.

That's what I observed, too :)

Yep, mine hatched and I can concur with you all.

I have to say also, that it's been the easiest ever second lot to get.  New eggs are just sitting there in the biomes.

2 hours ago, Mangrit said:

Is that a new zombie body type? Two headed amphiptere?

I'll be watching...

Are they no longer dropping? I haven’t seen any in the biomes today. Kind of sad because I only grabbed three :(

edit: actually, am I crazy? Are the biomes even refreshing with new eggs?

Edited by MaiqTheLiarr

6 minutes ago, MaiqTheLiarr said:

Are they no longer dropping? I haven’t seen any in the biomes today. Kind of sad because I only grabbed three :(

edit: actually, am I crazy? Are the biomes even refreshing with new eggs?

DC has been playing up and we noticed biomes aren't refreshing so :(

I have been sitting on these biomes for some time and they are NOT changing. Very frustrating!!!

29 minutes ago, acm1923 said:

I have been sitting on these biomes for some time and they are NOT changing. Very frustrating!!!

I totally agree. I've been trying since 7a and the biomes are NOT changing.

2 minutes ago, Pinch of StarDust said:
31 minutes ago, acm1923 said:

I totally agree. I've been trying since 7a and the biomes are NOT changing.

also chiming in to confirm that - at the very least - the Volcano and Desert did NOT change for me either!

Not even the hourly delete&repopulate happened ...

i'm using firefox in incognito.  i've cleared my cookies and cached images and such.  only two or three eggs in the volcano have changed between 10:50 cave time and 11:08 cave time :blink:

edit - two minutes later, the egg on the far right actually did change! twice.

huh.

Edited by trystan

6 minutes ago, trystan said:

edit - two minutes later, the egg on the far right actually did change! twice.

Because someone took the previous one ...

Ruby - well, yes, this is true. but the other two eggs didn't change, even at the 5 or 0 mark.

now i find myself refreshing the entire time, because laggy cave is laggy and the codes don't change at the 5 or 0 mark. or 6 or 1 either.

we shall see what happens throughout the day.

I'm not seeing any eggs at all in Desert or Volcano O_o

Edit: never mind, they have returned.

Edited by Laura-Borealis

1 hour ago, Jazeki said:

Ohhh. The markings are slightly different (unless it's my phone). Thank you!

Yeah, the colors are different. Here's a direct comparison:

SmartSelect_20210427-083646_Pixly.jpg

5 minutes ago, Shadowdrake said:

Yeah, the colors are different. Here's a direct comparison

Thanks for that. :)  I was having trouble seeing the difference when I couldn't see them side by side.

So, it's probably been confirmed by now, but those eggs I was waiting for to hatch from the volcano are indeed both grey. Yes, I did incubate them, and influence, but nothing else. Sadly, they hatched while I slept, but they have 6 days and 16 hours left cave time as of this post. 

On 4/26/2021 at 4:41 AM, VixenDra said:

They do that because there's still that useless mechanic that serves nothing and noone but the trolls...

Assuming no ill will, I don't understand why TJ is still keeping this pro-trolling nonsense instead of moving it straight where it belongs: the trashvoid. But here we are, trolls are still kept well-fed.

Are we sure this is what actually happens? Hanlon's Razor might apply here: it may not be malice but simple mechanics.

When there's a new release, there's a spike in users: everybody is loading eggs into the hatcheries at the same time. Then they give views. This means there is a potentially huge spike in number of views, because each person does not view just the number of eggs that they put into the nursery.

One thing I do with new releases, is to only put my eggs in one hatchery that day—the one that gets the least traffic—when I usually use two (and sometimes three if I have a reluctant hatcher. I also check several times during the first 24 hours to make sure none of my eggs have gotten sick. I wait until the second or third day to put it into the more popular hatchery.

(Please excuse my footer. I was away from DC for literally years until I decided I wanted to look for Easter eggs this year*, and it seems all of my tinypics have expired. I haven't fixed it yet.)

*Good timing! I was able to fill in 5.5 years' worth of missing eggs, plus this year's—363 Easter eggs!—to complete my entire collection.