TJ09

2021-04-25 - April Dragon Release

34 minutes ago, Guillotine said:

No, random chance just didn't work in our favor; the male hatchlings are a different color and have different markings, which means the adults would be similar.

14 minutes ago, angelicdragonpuppy said:

I guess TJ forgot to ensure at least one of both gender. I don't remember that happening before, haha.

I remember the Sawtooths! Hope to see a male soon because I like that mossy color even better. Love the gator tails and red accents. Flying gharialagons, watch out!

Ah, I see.  Well i can't wait to see the male sawtoothes then, haha!😀

These are beautiful! The Magnesiums may be my favorite two-heads now, can't wait to see the male Sawtooth.

We don't KNOW that our specultions are wrong. Just because some of us saw them in DR doesn't necessarily mean...

12 minutes ago, Fuzzbucket said:

We don't KNOW that our specultions are wrong. Just because some of us saw them in DR doesn't necessarily mean...

Someone with an S2 male confirmed the males look different! They're a lovely mossy color. 

48 minutes ago, angelicdragonpuppy said:

Someone with an S2 male confirmed the males look different! They're a lovely mossy color. 

that'd be @Shadowdrake!  I don't wanna relink the hatchie here myself but gonna @ them and see if they wanna repost it 😄

Speak of the devil, I just woke up :P 

My hatchling is also earthquaked, so he might well be the first adult male onsite if tj doesn't fix his in 18 hours.

https://dragcave.net/lineage/VRxJv

And a direct image comparison:

SmartSelect_20210427-083646_Pixly.jpg

Edited by Shadowdrake

I am in love with these guys. I'm totally breeding Sawtooth's with Mautamors, since the V-day is also very crocodilian-like in appearance. Well done spriters! 

1 hour ago, angelicdragonpuppy said:

Male S2s,yes,. saw that. But until we see an adult...

7 minutes ago, Fuzzbucket said:

I'm sorry, I feel like I'm misunderstanding or missing something but... why on earth would the S2 have different coloring if the male just happened to end up looking the same as the female anyway???  I doubt the spriters would toss us a differently colored S2 just for fun 😬

9 minutes ago, Fuzzbucket said:

What exactly is your idea? That there's no dimorphism in its adults despite having a male s2 and enough spots to display 2 s2s and 2 adults? I don't understand.

Edited by Shadowdrake

Not exactly - just that we don't KNOW till we see a male adult. Anything is  possible in this game. ANYTHING :lol: 

Sure, yeah, the only person who 100% knows at this moment are TJ and the spriters - however, there's about 0 reason to assume the adults won't have any dimorphism when clearly the S2 hatchies do :P 

I think I prefer the stage 2 males right now. I love the colour difference

I'm so confused!  Why double sprites of the Magnesiums and all female Sawtooths...??

Just now, White Fox said:

I'm so confused!  Why double sprites of the Magnesiums and all female Sawtooths...??

Dunno re: magnesiums, but Sawtooths are all female because TJ lost the gender RNG lottery and all of his ended up female :D  He'll probably fix 2 of them later when he can

1 minute ago, White Fox said:

The extra adult/s are usually reverted to frozen hatchlings at some stage after they grow up - an announcement ends up with every variation of the S2 hatchling and adult sprites.

4 minutes ago, White Fox said:

TJ will eventually turn some of the magnesium extras back into hatchlings to be frozen.

Edited by Shadowdrake

I hope I'm not the only one who keeps reading Magnesiums as Meganiums. I'm looking forward to the new Pokémon Snap, can you tell? XD

@Syiren hnghhh I hope that pairing looks as good in reality as it does in my brain.

12 minutes ago, angelicdragonpuppy said:

I hope I'm not the only one who keeps reading Magnesiums as Meganiums.

Haha yes im 100% doing this to mainly because my love for maganium :)

Wow, after seeing the adults, I am impressed more than I thought I would be on the chirpies.  They are gorgeous!  I was already trying to get a coupe more, but now I really want them :)

Thanks for another great release - and I managed to have two in a row without struggling. Always a plus.

Oh...editing to say that I hope the chirpies have dimorphism...did I see that someone said that only females are showing?  Guess I need to keep checking, LOL.

Edited by daba555

I absolutely can't pick a favorite in this release. I love both of them! Well-done sprites with lots of detail, but not a lot of "fussiness". Two really beautiful dragons!

Thanks to the spriters and TJ for a very satisfying release. It was fairly easy to get my scroll goals of the Sawtooth ones. The Magnesiums will take another round of hunting because there are two different colors and I will need 8 of each, but they still seem pretty plentiful and in general there is usually less demand for 2-heads.

i love the magnesiums so much. can't wait to see the "breeding plans" threads for them, as i don't have any lineage ideas beyond purebreds atm. 

i am pleasantly surprised by the rate both new breeds are dropping at! i made a sort of crazy trade, and i'm so relieved that i (a very slow/bad catcher) am still managing to pick up more nr eggs.

I just remembered Baikalas are a thing and am sad we can't breed them with Sawtooths. :c Red accents on green is so classic.

@miaou for what it's worth I'm thinking Magnesiums with Bautas and 2 Headed Lindwyrms!