TJ09

2021-04-25 - April Dragon Release

12 minutes ago, angelicdragonpuppy said:

@miaou for what it's worth I'm thinking Magnesiums with Bautas and 2 Headed Lindwyrms!

oh, bautas! what a good suggestion (it looks great in my mind picture, at least!).

Posted (edited)

ooh wow! those are both so awesome :o i really really like both of these, ESPECIALLY the two headeds! i might need to start collecting some of these!

i'm seeing a typo in the magnesium description though, i think...

"these dragons can breath blindingly bright, powdery flame from both heads."

dont know if anyone else pointed it out yet ^^;

Edited by InvaderAlexis

21 minutes ago, miaou said:

oh, bautas! what a good suggestion (it looks great in my mind picture, at least!).

I'm just gonna.... drop these here 👀

Spoiler

unknown.png

unknown.png

both of these look so gooooood AAAAh

Posted (edited)

16 minutes ago, Falorni said:

Yes! Especially the grey one.

Should also look good with Baikalas and Lindwyrms.

Edited by purplehaze

Yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaas! The Magnesiums are here! I love these guys!

We finally have a 2-headed shiny! 

*remembers that she has her own shiny two-headed DR in the works*

Dang it. Beaten to it! All well.

And I KNEW I REMEMBERED THE SAWTOOTHS! 
I thought I recognized the egg and the S1, and I for sure knew the S2.

Yaaaaas! It's nice to finally see them in-cave. They were done a good while a go though. Nice to see that some older DR's still have a chance. 

When will we see Sawtooth baby boys?

2 hours ago, angelicdragonpuppy said:

I hope I'm not the only one who keeps reading Magnesiums as Meganiums. I'm looking forward to the new Pokémon Snap, can you tell? XD

@Syiren hnghhh I hope that pairing looks as good in reality as it does in my brain.

lol, I thought of that too. Glad I'm not the only Pok'e fan who made that hiccup? XD

I hope it does too, because my Lovadiles need a proper mate. Though, Chrono noodles do look pretty good with them too.

Posted (edited)

2 hours ago, Falorni said:

Reveal hidden contents

unknown.png

unknown.png

!!!!!   !  holy cannoli, this makes me so flippin' happy! blancblacks are my favorite two headed, but for some reason i couldn't picture a blancblack x magnesium checker. i will def be doing both of these! ❤❤❤ tysm for doing the mockup and posting it!

Edited by miaou

I love the Magnesium dragons - but really wish they weren't two-heads (they would go great with the alternating Xol lineage I've got going)

Ah well, guess I'll just have to use them with alternating Two-headed Lindwyrms and/or Baikalas

1 hour ago, Falorni said:

Hide contents

unknown.png

unknown.png

Hnghhhhhhhh that's gorgeous

Is it just me, or is anyone else wishing we could make checkers of the Magnesium and Hydrophidius beauties?

Ooops, late to the party. Thanks TJ and spriters. Ooaahh a double headed! Sweet!

Very cool new dragons!  Strong work, artists!

One of my favorite parts of being on the forums for DC is getting to see concepts from Dragon Requests get released in cave! It was so cool to recognize both of these (although Sawtooths, I didn't recognize until they grew up!) and they look fantastic. It makes me so excited to see what dragons will be released from the completed/finished requests in the future. Thanks to the artists and TJ for more awesome dragons! I can't wait to see what lineage ideas people come up with :)

Boy of the Month has become Man of the Month!!!!!   Much prefer the male adults, actually - stunning work on both NRs as usual~

Nice, thanks Shadowdrake.  I like the males better than the females.

33 minutes ago, Shadowdrake said:

First male sawtooth hatchie is now first male sawtooth adult.

https://dragcave.net/view/VRxJv 

The shading on all of this month's releases are very lovely.

Thanks for that - he's lovely ! They all are.

2 hours ago, Shadowdrake said:

First male sawtooth hatchie is now first male sawtooth adult.

https://dragcave.net/view/VRxJv 

The shading on all of this month's releases are very lovely.

It's Baby Boy! All grown up! He's lovely.

I think I like the colors for the female better though.

1 hour ago, VixenDra said:

For some mysterious reasons males tend to be done first and so end up looking better than the female in vast majority of breeds (which is also why my cousin influenced his prize female, he just considered most of males better looking)... they are usually cleaner posed, show the breed better, and since the second done sprite is also a kind of an attempt to redo the same design again, which is not that easy to do as far as I've seen in the artworld (seems universal), it's easy to loose a bit of the charm or shapes while spriting the design again (because even with dimporphism it's typically about addons/details, not the base, the base needs to stay the same to keep the breed-level similarity). Humans are wired this way I guess and it is pretty frequent if the same design is done twice in a short period of time (when the artist's skill level still remains the same between the 2 depictions) that the second attempt is much harder to do and may end up less appealing, especially with the pixelart and its limitations.
In some breeds this will be more prominent, in others might even flip and favor the second done sprite but the latter is pretty rare for second gender being done very soon after the first, this is just how most of creators are and it's simply a natural consequence of how humans are made.
I just wish it was a less omnipresent tactics and that females were also done first as frequently as males are^^; ("Ladies first, please" xD) this would naturally even this out:P

Thank you for the information. A little lost on me, however, not being a spriter.  I just look forward to deciding which I like best.