TJ09

2021-04-25 - April Dragon Release

2 minutes ago, calona said:

I can't wait to find them, the cave is empty right now but I will try later !

You have to be quick. Start refreshing a few seconds before the drops so you don't miss them!

28 minutes ago, Niyaka said:

The green ones look a little familiar too, no chance they were also DR babies?

Both are from public DRs.

I was too sleepy to stay up late last night, even though I was pretty sure there would be a release.

I felt lucky to awaken this morning and snag mine. I didn't realize there would be a color difference in the biomes for the two-headeds, but without knowing about it, I managed to snag two of the dirt bombers (my name for them based on their description of scratching in the dirt XD) from the Desert and two from the Volcano.

I hope that new releases will be an all-day 24-hour flood, since with more and more new eggs, every egg rarity increases, and it makes it harder to hunt for new releases. So a 24-hour "new release" window makes sense.

Got my eggs - full-hour drops were much more efficient than 5-minute drops. Good luck to everyone still hunting!

Hatchies look super cute - good thing we were warned about those teeth. ;)

Looking forward to the adults, many thanks to everyone involved!

Think the green one could be based on a crocodile/alligator/gharial! The descriptions and the shape of their muzzle kind of gives it away for me, but we'll see once these babies grow :)

I love the fact that I almost never look at DR and have no idea what we are seeing when there's a release. So I get ALL the excitement !

20 minutes ago, Fuzzbucket said:

I love the fact that I almost never look at DR and have no idea what we are seeing when there's a release. So I get ALL the excitement !

I have to admit as much as I love looking and participating in the DR and as much as I like figuring out what breeds they may be, figuring it out and or knowing some aspects can take away from the excitement of new realeses, alas I carnt help my self looking in DR haha 😄

Edited by Bloommist

It has two heads, and spends a lot of time scratching around in the dirt.

With what? Its noses? Its tail? It seems to have no feet. :unsure:

Edited by purplehaze

5 minutes ago, Pourlemoment said:

So... Is it normal that there are no eggs at all in the "non new-release" biomes?

Yes! For a little while after release, new releases are all that drops.

Wait, how can it scratch in the dirt if it has no feet or legs?

5 minutes ago, Kaini said:

Yes! For a little while after release, new releases are all that drops.

Huh!  I thought that was only in the biomes where the new releases were dropping.  I never noticed that the other biomes were empty.

Gendered hatchies look cute. Although, I can't tell if there are only two color variants of the two-headed ones or three. Oh well. I tried to get one from each biome just in case.

30 minutes ago, purplehaze said:

With what? Its noses? Its tail? It seems to have no feet. :unsure:

Maybe with its nose like a hognose snake? 

*sees the gendered form of the green ones*

*LE GASP*

I KNOW THESE DUDES!!!

KNOW THESE DUEDS!!!!

I just can't remember the name for the life of me.

They are DR request dragons though.

I remember liking them a lot, and that they had an interesting shape and pattern. I remember struggles over the pattern color...

Not much else though.

Oh yay, now I recognize the two-head!! Wow, surprised at how fast they are being released, wasn't that long ago they were in DR!  I'll admit I can't really make out more than two different colors though, unless the 2nd hatchie and the last hatchie are very subtly different. Maybe the 2nd is a tad brighter? Hmm. Very very similar. 

Curious about the green chirper, I'm loving the coloring and that crocodile-like snout!

While I always love surprise new releases where I have no clue what they'll look like, I also like ones that I recognize from DR because I love to see what they'll actually look like in-cave. I only check DR every so often so sometimes I'll have a memory of it but an earlier stage and it will be surprising and fun to see the differences in the final sprites. (That happened with the Mistras for me.)

wait, are their two different colors for the burnt metals or three? I can't tell. Also, I wonder what causes the difference in color? Biome location?

PLEASE tell me the Jungle one isn't a single sex breed - all TJ's hatchies are girls...

1 minute ago, Fuzzbucket said:

PLEASE tell me the Jungle one isn't a single sex breed - all TJ's hatchies are girls...

Considering that single-sex is only a thing for V-Day and Holidays, I highly highly doubt this. It's most likely he didn't influence one to become a male or there's a different kind of dimorphism than the basic male vs female we expected.

5 minutes ago, Fuzzbucket said:

Well mine influenced male and female.

Quinney - THANKS - I never thought about that, but so did mine !

I think the two-headed dragons have dimorphism+color variation, so that would make the 2 extra for hatchie freezes :)