TJ09

2021-04-25 - April Dragon Release

13 minutes ago, Shinigami_Ryuuka said:

How do you get the other color of the two headed dragon? is it random?

Its biome related. Ash/grey in volcano, sand/orange in desert.

43 minutes ago, DragonLady86 said:

OOOOH tysm!!

And I have adults, which turned out to qualify me already for the May raffle! XD

Next Drawing

May 31, 2021

Entry Requirements

Raise 3/3 adult amphipteres

And now seeing them actually side-by-side, I like the males better than I thought.

Well, good luck to everyone!

18 hours ago, DragonLady86 said:

thank you soooooo much

So any results on how these guys breed?

Edit:

Two-headed breeding plans!

Do we know how these guys breed yet?

Edited by Shokomon

Does anyone know if the colours of the Magnesium Amphipteres have canonical names? (Like e.g. the Coppers have the canonical colour names "verdigris", "rainbow" and "liver of sulfur".)

On 4/29/2021 at 2:55 PM, Commander Wymsy said:

For anyone who likes this sort of info, I bred my one desert Magnesium (thanks, EQ!) to a Gilded Bloodscale, and it appears that the resulting Magnesium egg is sorting with my Volcano hatchlings.

*checks thread for breeding examples*

This is the one I've found so far...

On 4/28/2021 at 2:54 PM, Falorni said:

I'm just gonna.... drop these here 👀

Hide contents

unknown.png

unknown.png

both of these look so gooooood AAAAh

I'm just gonna yoink this for the breeding thread...

Totally missed the April Egg Drop...  And then a got the three Eggs I needed for the May Raffle...   Then I discovered the April Drop...lol,   BUT---  Then I started in and now have two of the Sawtooth and two Volcano Magnesium's and one Desert Magnesium.  With any luck, my Raffle Eggs with hatch soon enough for me to collext the rest of what I want...

Thank You, TJ and Spriters...

23 hours ago, Shokomon said:

Two-headed breeding plans!

Thank you for linking this! I hope other people will stop by the thread and trade some ideas, or if they already bred their dragons, to show some examples of possible lineages! :)

7 hours ago, pinkgothic said:

Does anyone know if the colours of the Magnesium Amphipteres have canonical names? (Like e.g. the Coppers have the canonical colour names "verdigris", "rainbow" and "liver of sulfur".)

This is an interesting question! Actually, has there been any extra info posted about the new releases, yet? Sometimes the artists/concept creators pop into these threads and give more information, which is always fun.

Has anybody tried making zombies from the two headed amphipteres?

7 hours ago, Silverwatermist said:

Thank you for linking this! I hope other people will stop by the thread and trade some ideas, or if they already bred their dragons, to show some examples of possible lineages! :)

You are welcome!

I hope so too!

7 hours ago, Silverwatermist said:

This is an interesting question! Actually, has there been any extra info posted about the new releases, yet? Sometimes the artists/concept creators pop into these threads and give more information, which is always fun.

Nothing I've seen...

@Dohaerys! @Mewtie! Info, please! Do you have anything you can share with ius?

I don't remember the original concept artist for either of these dragons...

10 hours ago, yellow_gellow said:

Has anybody tried making zombies from the two headed amphipteres?

I just tried and failed

Should be done with my scroll goals for these guys.

They're great, I'm in love with the desert Magnesiums. 

Thanks TJ and spriters!

On 5/2/2021 at 8:23 AM, pinkgothic said:

I never thought to give them any names - just "desert" and "volcano". So unless someone else added names without me realizing then I don't believe so.

9 hours ago, Shokomon said:

I don't remember the original concept artist for either of these dragons...

For the Mag's, that's me!

11 hours ago, Seriva Senkalora said:

I bred some of mine and while I lost one purebred egg and got a no interest in another try for a purebred, I have three eggs which sort with their Magnesium parents.

"Grey" x Bauta = sorts with the grey adults https://dragcave.net/lineage/WrRAQ

"Tan" x Blancback = sorts with the tan adults https://dragcave.net/lineage/55TCX

Green Baikala x "Tan" = sorts with the tan adults https://dragcave.net/lineage/eKJn1

So they should hatch out their parents' color.

Posting this here, too. :)

11 hours ago, ObsinBrightclaw said:

I never thought to give them any names - just "desert" and "volcano". So unless someone else added names without me realizing then I don't believe so.

For the Mag's, that's me!

"Sand" and "Ash" :) 

They are very pretty though.

I really enjoyed this release, especially seeing these DR babies. I do miss having an eye on the CL, but it’s nice to know that the concepts we’ve known and loved are still out there. 

This was a really fun release, really enjoyed it, it was nice to get more two headed breeds enter the cave and even nicer knowing both were from DR :)

19 hours ago, ObsinBrightclaw said:

Thanks for the heads-up! I'd been calling them "polished" and "tarnished" internally, but it's good to know the biome names are all that's intended. :D

Got a very late start, but I have been able to 'steal', as they say. three from each of the Desert, Jungle and Volcano.  All are gendered, one male and two females from each site...  Thanks all, TJ, Spriters and members with helpful hints...  If I happen across any more, I'll just let them gender naturally...

*peeks in* Well look at that, I go away for a week and the News thread isn't closed yet?! 

Before it does get closed, SO happy about the Magnesium babes! It's a surprising release imo because it really wasn't long ago that they were being worked on in DR... (According to my random notes they were still in DR early-December). I feel like it used to take a lot longer for DRs to actually be released in-cave. They are very very pretty, I'm not a huge fan of the s2 hatchies for some reason, but the adults are gorgeous. 

I do not remember the Sawtooths from DR though apparently others do. Both of mine ended up female so I guess I need to grab some more to get some CB males. I absolutely *love* that they are very obviously gharial-inspired but at the same time they are truly dragons (ie, they don't look *too* much like other-animals). 

5 hours ago, HeatherMarie said:

*peeks in* Well look at that, I go away for a week and the News thread isn't closed yet?!

Well maybe now I'm feeling judged lol.

Closed since we've got adults AND we've figured out mechanics! :)

Sawtooth Breeding Plans

Two-headed Breeding