TJ09

2021-04-25 - April Dragon Release

1 minute ago, SamuelMaybird said:

Oh I meant TJs greenies ^^

I realise, I meant them being female only must be a mistake since I was able to influence mine. I would not have been able too if the preview-ones gendered only female because it's a female only breed. Hence them being female only must be a mistake.

They're just all girls because that's just how rng went. There's not some weird day/gender split or anything else. Its not uncommon for TJ to have uneven numbers, just rare and unfortunate for all four to go girl.

10 minutes ago, Tini said:

They're just all girls because that's just how rng went. There's not some weird day/gender split or anything else. Its not uncommon for TJ to have uneven numbers, just rare and unfortunate for all four to go girl.

But of course TJ has the required magic to make them be male later if it's needed for dimorphism. ;)

12 hours ago, Sheriziya said:

I'm so sorry to hear that!

Luckily I've never had my babies die on me, but I've seen it happen in the past with others.

What I find works best for me is to immediately fog them for at least 24 hours. 48 hours is also okay. Only after that unfog them, influence them if you want, incubate if you want and then put them in hatcheries. The chance of them dying after that is a lot smaller. You don't need to put them in a lot of hacheries. Choose one which is used a lot and your babies will be fine. I usually put mine ONLY in Allure of Neglected Dragons and get them hatched perfectly without a hitch. I even managed to get them hatched when I almost forget to unfog them and put them in hatcheries. I've had that happen I think the release before the previous one. I added them to Allure with about 2 days before dying and they hatched perfectly fine :)

I wish you good luck on catching a new batch and hope they won't be viewbombed!

8 hours ago, Vampyre said:

A while back I too would have my eggs sickened (if not killed) every single release be it normal or holiday. Even though I NEVER added for a full 24 hours at least. However someone would ALWAYS add them to EVERY FREAKING HATCHERY POSSIBLE. First I started just fogging them for 24 before adding them to ONE hatchery. But even then they would sometimes get sick. Now mine NEVER get sick (with one exception.) The difference between now and then? I removed my scroll link from my signature here. I ALSO hid my scroll name on my scroll. Simple as that. No one is going to readily remember more than their own username. All the popular hatcheries if not ALL of them (Allure of Neglected Dragons, Valley Sherwood, Silvi's, etc) only allow you to add by scroll name unless its ER. If you don't have your scroll name viewable to people who either ignore the "This person is NOT accepting aid" (that you should make sure is turned on via account settings as iirc default is you're accepting any and all aid) in the erroneous belief that they are "helping" you. Or worse, the people seeking to cause you grief due to them being salty they have worse internet/reflexes/luck. Well if they don't know your scroll name? They will just move on to the next person. I had my eggs sitting unfogged and not in any hatchery for a full 24 hours and the only view I got was the 1 I gave them myself.

Now I mentioned "one exception" so I'll explain that. During the Christmas holiday last year we had decorate cookies and send them to users. To facilitate others sending me cookies I changed my DC Discord user name to have my scroll name listed. Christmas was fine. No sick eggs. However the first release after (I had been lazy and not removed my scroll name from my display name there) all my release eggs became sick. I immediately fogged until unsick AND removed my scroll name from my display name there. Since then? Nothing has been sick.

I checked your signature here. You have your scroll linked in your signature. That gives these people free access to it. Remove it and their access will be removed. Simple as that. (I didn't click it though so if you have your scroll name displayed on your scroll you may want to remove it from there as well as they can and will grab your username from seeing it when clicking on anything you have egg/hatchling wise in the hatcheries.)

Sad necessity though it is, its kept my scroll safe for over a year now.

Ok TY I'll do that..I didn't realise it was linked..

16 hours ago, Syiren said:

This was me back when the Cavern Lurkers were released. At that time I didn't have internet at home and had to go to the public library with their 1-hour computer time a day rule. grabbed 5 on Halloween, came back the next day to find all of them dead from view bombers. Ever since I always, ALWAYS, keep my scroll hidden and auto fog all new release eggs when they're dropped. Call me paranoid, but it's kept my dragons safe. I'm very sorry to hear this is still a problem, and that it's happened to you. *hugs*

Ty I just didn't think it would happen again..guess I'll keep my scroll hidden from now on..❤️

Aright, so i just force hatched a volcano 2-headed, got a grey hatchie

11 minutes ago, TsunamiFlame said:

Aright, so i just force hatched a volcano 2-headed, got a grey hatchie

that would lend evidence to them being color specific by biome. something I'd be okay with. They could very well be like coppers in that regard. I incubated two of mine to hatch in about 4 hours. so we'll see if BSA play any role in it too.

Edited by Syiren
I forgot to add stuff.... cuz I iz foregetful. lol

On 4/24/2021 at 9:00 PM, Whirlaway said:

Awesome! I know them both!!!!!

This shiny grey egg smells of burnt metal. Desert. Volcano. Sorts between Magma and Melismor.

Soft chirping sounds are coming from inside the egg. Jungle. Sorts between Sapphire and Scimitar-wing.

I'm one of those still using the old Breed Sort.

I'm guessing the Shiny eggs sort before the Sinomorph breed if the Magnesium name holds true?

My desert eggs hatched beige and the volcano eggs hatched grey, so the color of the hatchling seems biome-influenced. :) 

22 minutes ago, ylangylang said:

My desert eggs hatched beige and the volcano eggs hatched grey, so the color of the hatchling seems biome-influenced. :) 

Were they forced? Did you hatch them using incubate? This could also have affected things...(as of now no one has eggs old enough to hatch "normally" so we can't compare to those types until this time tomorrow.) Though it does seem like it /could/ be biome dependent.

7 minutes ago, Vampyre said:

Were they forced? Did you hatch them using incubate? This could also have affected things...(as of now no one has eggs old enough to hatch "normally" so we can't compare to those types until this time tomorrow.) Though it does seem like it /could/ be biome dependent.

Incubated eggs started hitting 4 days about an hour and a half ago. Mine have hatched normally

Edited by dragongrrl

My desert hatchling is the tan-ish, golden color. I incubated and influenced it.

ETA: My two volcano hatchlings have just hatched gray.

Edited by Jazeki

The colors are biome specific. The Desert ones are brown, and sort above Volcano one. Not sure how colors for bred versions will go, but it is clear it is biome based for the CBs, since every Volcano one is gray and every Desert one is gold.

Edited by Whirlaway

Just now, dragongrrl said:

Incubated eggs started hitting 4 hours about an hour and a half ago. Mine have hatched normally

My "grey eggs" (what I've been calling them) have not been incubated. They hatch tomorrow at 2am at earliest. THAT is "normal" hatching. Incubate makes it hatch a full day early. Yours hatched due to incubate. Yes they hatched "normally" for an INCUBATED egg. But they aren't what I term "normal" hatching (To me normal hatching the most you do is influence them once caught. You let them hatch exactly 3 days after they were created by the game rather than the 2 that incubate allows them to hatch in.) So I stand by my statement. No one has had an egg hatch of the new releases that weren't forced or incubated. (TJ's don't count cause he creates his to have even less time before hatching than we even get through incubate.) Ergo, while it does seem likely that the eggs are biome specific for hatchling color, it could STILL be influenced by being hatched "earlier" than what is considered normal.

I mean so the forced/incubated (early hatch) eggs hatch brown for desert and grey for volcano. What if hatching them "normal" (or waiting until they hit their original 4 day mark without using a method for early hatch) switches those colors? What happens if a egg that is untouched except for views for 3 days hatches grey for desert and brown for volcano? 😜

(Though like I said it does sound like it is biome related. I just am not used to TJ and the spriters being this nice to us XD *glares again at the Cantormaris dragons*)

17 minutes ago, Vampyre said:

Oh I hatched them using incubate, but they weren't forced. However that didn't seem like that affected the colors at all, as the desert ones and volcano ones hatched with different colors even though I used incubate on all of them. 

Using incubate on NRs is extremely common, its more the norm than not using it lol. 

Either way, given i've seen a few dozen that support the biome split. Incubate is not the cause of alts.

5 minutes ago, ylangylang said:

Oh I hatched them using incubate, but they weren't forced. However that didn't seem like that affected the colors at all, as the desert ones and volcano ones hatched with different colors even though I used incubate on all of them. 

Yeah as I pointed out in my reply to someone else I just need all the data. I don't trust TJ or the spriters after the Cantormaris fiasco. I keep expecting them to throw a wrench in somewhere. Until my own un-incubated hatch tomorrow following the brown = desert and grey = volcano pattern I'm still going to expect that wrench. XD

@Tini Until unincubated eggs hatch we don't know for complete sure that incubate doesn't influence them at all. See my reply above to dragongrrl

Edited by Vampyre

My apologies. I've incubated almost every egg I've raised in the last ten+ years so that is "normal" to me, certainly not forcing like earthquake or kill.

*also glares at the Cantormaris*

ETA: and my first Volcano egg just hatched grey.

Edited by dragongrrl

I think something is wrong with my hatchies. They're not hatching grey or tan, they're hatching green =/

1 minute ago, Nine said:

I think something is wrong with my hatchies. They're not hatching grey or tan, they're hatching green =/

Those are eggies from the Jungle. :)

1 minute ago, dragongrrl said:

My apologies. I've incubated almost every egg I've raised in the last ten+ years so that is "normal" to me, certainly not forcing like earthquake or kill.

*also glares at the Cantormaris*

Lol I incubated most too. Still do when its like the chirpers and TJ apparently has the amount appropriate for dimorphism only. Since the cantormaris and Xol if theres an absolute metric ton of a breed in the release post I wait and hatch my first lot "normal" while following along with the speculation. Or, if I was late enough catching, I wait for others to figure out the mechanic behind the different varieties and THEN use the BSA (if any) that affects it (or incubate if its apparent that it doesn't affect the outcome cause...why wait 3 days when you can have them in 2 amiright? :P) I do try and make sure to catch at least one from each available biome just in case its biome specific though (have 3 from each in this case)

4 minutes ago, Vampyre said:

Yeah as I pointed out in my reply to someone else I just need all the data. I don't trust TJ or the spriters after the Cantormaris fiasco. I keep expecting them to throw a wrench in somewhere. Until my own un-incubated hatch tomorrow following the brown = desert and grey = volcano pattern I'm still going to expect that wrench. XD

@Tini Until unincubated eggs hatch we don't know for complete sure that incubate doesn't influence them at all. See my reply above to dragongrrl

they're not out to get you. There's yet to be a case where there's BSA alts on top of biome alts, and I doubt there ever will be. That's needlessly complicated, and that's what you're suggesting is going on. Sand colored ones from desert makes sense. 

5 minutes ago, Nine said:

W H A T? you mean  the burnt metal ones are green? or the soft chirping ones? 

1 minute ago, Tini said:

they're not out to get you. There's yet to be a case where there's BSA alts on top of biome alts, and I doubt there ever will be. That's needlessly complicated, and that's what you're suggesting is going on. Sand colored ones from desert makes sense. 

I'm not suggesting anything? I'm "speculating". Just because something has never been done doesn't mean it will never be done. Also that's less confusing than the cantormaris dragons imho. Also less of a hassle to get all "varieties" of. I'm also pulling from other users with the whole "brown could be from volcano and grey from desert" for the swap. I know at least one person in this very thread pointed out that their personal thoughts was grey desert and brown volcano. I had pointed out at the same point in the Discord that if it WAS biome specific brown (like desert sands) would be desert and grey (like ash and pumice) would be volcano.

Also I never said they were "out to get me" I just said due to the Cantomaris and others...I don't neccessarially trust them not to throw a wrench in somewhere. Thats just how I am as a person. If you believe the worst of someone/something you're never caught with your pants down...and in fact can actually be pleasantly surprised 😜