TJ09

2021-04-25 - April Dragon Release

Ahhh!!! I recognize the two headed from DR!!!! First time that's happened to me, I'm so excited (now I need to collect more of them, since I know what they are!!!)

The chirpers are absolutely perfect, I can't wait to see their adult forms!!

I'm guessing the 'burnt metal' one is Magnesium, because that's the only metal I know of that burns, rather than melts.

I'm so excited for these guys, I finally recognized the greenie babies! I feel like they were on dr just the other day... I'm getting so old! Can't wait to see the adults in cave ❤️

😠😲 OK I'm SO ANGRY right now..ALL my new eggs have had too many views & died..😲😠 like WHAT!?! why!?!

I wish ppl would NOT do this..now I have to go  re-catch more..😩😠..this time I'm going to fog them straight away.. 

I don't go & view bomb other ppl's eggs..it's not nice to come on & see new eggs...dead..☹️😠

Edited by rachii.xo

I managed to snag two of the jungle babies before the day changed... Thank goodness!

I think I might recognize those two-headed dragons as well! I can't remember what they were called though...

19 minutes ago, SamuelMaybird said:

Hehe, all the greenies went female

Must be a mistake though, I was able to influence mine 🤔

1 hour ago, rachii.xo said:

😠😲 OK I'm SO ANGRY right now..ALL my new eggs have had too many views & died..😲😠 like WHAT!?! why!?!

I wish ppl would NOT do this..now I have to go  re-catch more..😩😠..this time I'm going to fog them straight away.. 

I don't go & view bomb other ppl's eggs..it's not nice to come on & see new eggs...dead..☹️😠

This was me back when the Cavern Lurkers were released. At that time I didn't have internet at home and had to go to the public library with their 1-hour computer time a day rule. grabbed 5 on Halloween, came back the next day to find all of them dead from view bombers. Ever since I always, ALWAYS, keep my scroll hidden and auto fog all new release eggs when they're dropped. Call me paranoid, but it's kept my dragons safe. I'm very sorry to hear this is still a problem, and that it's happened to you. *hugs*

I always, *always* fog my new releases the first 24 hours (and often longer). Always. Not just because of viewbombers, but some people honestly think they are 'helping' by adding them to hatcheries and during new releases hatcheries are almost always busier than usual and pretty much anything in hatcheries might get more stats than normal during new releases. Brand-new eggs are always more vulnerable to sickness, but brand-new new release eggs way more so. 

I wasn't on DC the entire day like usual, but I was in the biomes refreshing every so often and I feel like the flood lasted a bit longer this time? Even when old eggs started mixing in, I was seeing 3-egg new releases in the biomes even by 5pm cave-time. 

Luckily I was able to fill my slots and have 4 of each now safely hidden on my scroll. ❤️

I'm just wondering about the chirping ones.

Normally when TJ has four eggs of a breed in his posting, there is dimorphism in the S2 and in the adults. But this time all the S2 look the same - so, will we get three adult variants?

And I really love the two headed ones. ❤️

Thanks to everyone who has made a part of this release!

Wow, that seemed like the fastest release ever. All the eggs were snatched up so fast I didn’t get a single one. Hope they aren’t crazy rare!

54 minutes ago, Seriva Senkalora said:

Luckily I was able to fill my slots and have 4 of each now safely hidden on my scroll. ❤️

I'm just wondering about the chirping ones.

Normally when TJ has four eggs of a breed in his posting, there is dimorphism in the S2 and in the adults. But this time all the S2 look the same - so, will we get three adult variants?

And I really love the two headed ones. ❤️

Thanks to everyone who has made a part of this release!

No so far all the chirpy ones on TJ's scroll have gendered female.

I would assume this might be a mistake since I was able to influence them just fine.

So I would still think different male/female sprite.

Edited by Nalyua

TJ usually changes them after the fact with his admin powers if he doesn't have a set, so I'd assume this was an oversight/random chance not rolling in our favor. I can only think of one exception and it was a deliberate trolling due to the dragon name.

5 hours ago, rachii.xo said:

I'm so sorry to hear that!

Luckily I've never had my babies die on me, but I've seen it happen in the past with others.

What I find works best for me is to immediately fog them for at least 24 hours. 48 hours is also okay. Only after that unfog them, influence them if you want, incubate if you want and then put them in hatcheries. The chance of them dying after that is a lot smaller. You don't need to put them in a lot of hacheries. Choose one which is used a lot and your babies will be fine. I usually put mine ONLY in Allure of Neglected Dragons and get them hatched perfectly without a hitch. I even managed to get them hatched when I almost forget to unfog them and put them in hatcheries. I've had that happen I think the release before the previous one. I added them to Allure with about 2 days before dying and they hatched perfectly fine :)

I wish you good luck on catching a new batch and hope they won't be viewbombed!

The chirping hatchies are cute, actually! Although they do look fiery, too. I'm usually not a fan of two-headed breeds but those S2 sprites are amazing!

I... think I start to remember these two-headed babs. Maybe. Since I stalk the DR quite often... No idea about the chirpy ones though. It's very likely that I'll have the "ah-ha!" moment when they grow up, lol. I tend to remember adults better than hatchies/eggs.

Still waiting for two more egg slots to free up, then I'll have a pair of each new species. And the alts, of course.

Lovely s2.

I'm finally starting to see stage one cracks on my eggs. Yay!

Slightly unrelated, but have any Discord users been able to hatch their new releases early yet?

9 hours ago, rachii.xo said:

A while back I too would have my eggs sickened (if not killed) every single release be it normal or holiday. Even though I NEVER added for a full 24 hours at least. However someone would ALWAYS add them to EVERY FREAKING HATCHERY POSSIBLE. First I started just fogging them for 24 before adding them to ONE hatchery. But even then they would sometimes get sick. Now mine NEVER get sick (with one exception.) The difference between now and then? I removed my scroll link from my signature here. I ALSO hid my scroll name on my scroll. Simple as that. No one is going to readily remember more than their own username. All the popular hatcheries if not ALL of them (Allure of Neglected Dragons, Valley Sherwood, Silvi's, etc) only allow you to add by scroll name unless its ER. If you don't have your scroll name viewable to people who either ignore the "This person is NOT accepting aid" (that you should make sure is turned on via account settings as iirc default is you're accepting any and all aid) in the erroneous belief that they are "helping" you. Or worse, the people seeking to cause you grief due to them being salty they have worse internet/reflexes/luck. Well if they don't know your scroll name? They will just move on to the next person. I had my eggs sitting unfogged and not in any hatchery for a full 24 hours and the only view I got was the 1 I gave them myself.

Now I mentioned "one exception" so I'll explain that. During the Christmas holiday last year we had decorate cookies and send them to users. To facilitate others sending me cookies I changed my DC Discord user name to have my scroll name listed. Christmas was fine. No sick eggs. However the first release after (I had been lazy and not removed my scroll name from my display name there) all my release eggs became sick. I immediately fogged until unsick AND removed my scroll name from my display name there. Since then? Nothing has been sick.

I checked your signature here. You have your scroll linked in your signature. That gives these people free access to it. Remove it and their access will be removed. Simple as that. (I didn't click it though so if you have your scroll name displayed on your scroll you may want to remove it from there as well as they can and will grab your username from seeing it when clicking on anything you have egg/hatchling wise in the hatcheries.)

Sad necessity though it is, its kept my scroll safe for over a year now.

8 hours ago, SamuelMaybird said:

Hehe, all the greenies went female

I was wondering if they all do, unless you influence them. I had to influence one of the two I caught on release day to get male. Then I looked at the one I got the next day, and it will gender male. Would be interesting if gender depended on day it was bred.

Edited by Awdz Bodkins

Very curious to see the adults, it feels like time doesn't pass quickly enough sometimes lol.

1 hour ago, Vampyre said:

All the popular hatcheries if not ALL of them (Allure of Neglected Dragons, Valley Sherwood, Silvi's, etc) only allow you to add by scroll name unless its ER.

Silvi's allows adding anything by code actually, I use it regularly to add my most recent ap catch without loading my full scroll.

23 minutes ago, MissK. said:

Very curious to see the adults, it feels like time doesn't pass quickly enough sometimes lol.

Silvi's allows adding anything by code actually, I use it regularly to add my most recent ap catch without loading my full scroll.

I stand corrected. Though at best they will only be able to kill off ONE egg (one that they know the code for) rather than your whole scroll if you don't have your scroll viewable everywhere and do not have your account name viewable on your scroll. So removing your scroll name from being viewable on your scroll as well as removing links to your scroll from your DC forum signature is still the most protective measures you can take to avoid sickness and death NOT caused from you adding your own eggs to too many hatcheries at too soon a time.

Anyways can't wait to see the way to get the variations on the burnt metals. I know someone in the DC chat earthquaked and got a tan from the desert but other than that they all died apparently. So we still have too small a pool to know if its biome specific or not. Though if it IS biome specific my guess was right :P I said in the DC chat "If its Biome specific tan will be desert and grey will be volcano. Desert sands are always red, brown, beige NEVER grey. Volcanos on the other hands produce ash and pumice which are grey." Still not wanting to say its biome specific though. Just cause I know TJ and the spriters have evil minds *glares at the Cantormaris dragons*