TJ09

2021-04-04 - Festival of Eggs

i am only missing the very first years eggs since i didn't join till after. super nice to be getting them. 😁

Edited by reddof-f6

This is my first easter egg hunt and I love it! So exciting.

152 left... I wonder if there will be enough time for me to get them. But still enjoying the hunt :) 

8 minutes ago, Arkee said:

152 left... I wonder if there will be enough time for me to get them. But still enjoying the hunt :) 

I picked up 363 eggs, which gives me an average for 72-73 eggs a day. I have 83 eggs left so I definitely have some room to spare. Barring any issues, I should finish by the end of  4/9 Cavetime. 😎

I got the last egg I needed last night. It feels so good to finally have a complete collection! I only had 1 egg from 2012, nothing from the years before, and of course this year's new eggs to collect.

I love this one from 2011: 1gyfyje.gif

It occurred to me way after I caught this one that it might be a pun on rabbit ears:

Spoiler

cgy034.gif

These are a few of my other favorites from this year's collection:

Spoiler

eddoho.png 1ljzeq.gif 1uzm6ii.gif13kuvui.png cvt4wq.gif  1s73icd.gif acxvuv.png

I do hope that it will be possible to keep getting the old eggs next Easter. I am currently collecting eggs from 2018 (which I guess I missed completely) and I really wanted to get one egg from 2016...looks like it won't be happening this year.

39 minutes ago, Erebus said:

How does one go about getting past eggs?

Once you have collected all of this year's eggs, the past ones will start popping up just like the current ones have.

2 hours ago, GhostMouse said:

It occurred to me way after I caught this one that it might be a pun on rabbit ears:

Hide contents

cgy034.gif

It gives me so much joy to see this! That pun/idea popped into my head, and that's what drove me to try to sprite something for FoE :D 

Also, quick edit just to say thanks for the kind words about my egg! It was my first foray into 
spriting, and now I'm already playing with ToT ideas!

Edited by smartster4

Finished 2015! Now onto 2011. Already had 16 of those so I got 73 eggs to go. Almost there. 💃

Edit: I love the designs in these set of eggs.

Spoiler

icbowu.gif This one is at the top of my list so far.

149gjup.gif I don't know why but I get a sense of collage when I see this one. I was expecting the egg to turn around to see a page from a novel or something.

Edited by Spyridon

1 minute ago, TheatreChic said:

If I got the 2021 border, does that mean I collected all the eggs?

From what I understand, if you collected eggs from previous years, the moment you get an egg for this year, the banner appears to separate the eggs out.

Since you didn't have any of the previous years, the moment you collected the first egg from 2020, the banner appeared. I had banners from 2017 and 2018 even though I didn't finish the collections the year they came out.

So far, completed 2021, 2020, 2019 and have started on the eggs from 2018. That leaves 2017, 2016, 2010 and the 6 missing eggs from 2011.

Don't know if I'll get them all this year but I'll be better than halfway done by the end of the week.

So Thankful to have had the extra time, now I have all past years. ^V^

With all the eggs I have missed over the years, I doubt, I'll ever manage to catch them all until saturday.

But well, I love the flood of eggs over the days and it is really a lot of fun. ❤️

I was missing everything before 2018. Had only four eggs from 2018 and around 20 of 2019. Until now I have managed to get all the 2021, rest of 2019, rest of 2018 and all 2017 eggs. Currently trying on the last 10 of 2016 - let's see how many of 2015 I can get before this ends.

Thank you TJ for this chance to get at least a good batch from the old ones. :D

Edited by Seriva Senkalora

Well, I'm certainly a little creeped out. Love the 2013 egg I just got, but.... I just finished watching CinemaWins "Everything Great about LOTR movie 1" and then click to see this!

Spoiler

gq9rpi.gif

I absolutely love the egg, but it certainly made me do a double take. lol.

Also, I just wanted to say, "One egg to rule them all! Mwuahahaha!" 

I'm so glad we can collect the eggs of previous years as well. I've missed the entirety of 2020 which I managed to complete now Apparently I'm missing some 2017 ones as well which I'm working on now. And only have one from 2015. And missed the original 2010 Festival of Eggs. I doubt I'll be able to collect all of those before the event ends but there's always next year.

This year's artists did a really good job!

I probably won't get every egg I'm missing--too much of my collection is short by A Lot--but I'll be a lot closer to having 100% by the time the event ends, which is very nice.

Same here, I'm missing way too many to get them all this year, but I'm happy with what I've gotten. I'll collect the rest next year.

Thanks to everyone who made this possible!

must be a complicated bit of coding to make this work though; each of us is individual in what we were lacking in past years, yet those eggs appear to us to find...

Sorry, it's me again:
I finally started getting 2015 eggs. Yeah.

But, well, this egg is lonely sitting on top of my scroll basket for ages now and I can't find from which year this is:

gqcugg.png

Edited by Seriva Senkalora