TJ09

2021-04-04 - Festival of Eggs

Welcome! And I understand perfectly, I just found it that easily because I took a close look at my basket yesterday to see which eggs I am still missing. 😄

8 hours ago, TheDarkLatias said:

Is there another day left? I only have a few of the very first year's eggs to get.

Yes. It ends at 11:59 p.m. Cave Time/Eastern on Saturday the 10th.

Yaaaaaay I finally reached 2011! Started playing that year during summer so missed easter.

I don't think I'll manage to catch up on both 2010 & 11 so hoping next year will be same as this year.

On 4/4/2021 at 12:23 PM, Sheriziya said:

For those of you who are missing eggs (like myself :D) here's an overview of how many eggs each year had (with thanks to the hard wiki workers on Dragon Cave Wiki!) (The year links give the pages with the overview of the eggs and the spriters:

Festival of Eggs - 2010
The first Festival of Eggs. There were 38 eggs to collect in 2010.
Festival of Eggs - 2011
The second annual Festival of Eggs, this time with 53 eggs to collect.
Festival of Eggs - 2012
The third annual Festival of Eggs was celebrated with a total of 42 eggs.
Festival of Eggs - 2013
In 2013 the "Festival of Eggs" returned with 51 new eggs.
Festival of Eggs - 2014
2014's Festival of Eggs has 55 eggs, more than any in previous year.
Festival of Eggs - 2015
The Festival of Eggs in 2015 was the biggest Festival of Eggs to date, with 62 eggs.
Festival of Eggs - 2016
The 2016 Festival of eggs included 60 collectable eggs.
Festival of Eggs - 2017
The Festival of Eggs in 2017 was slightly smaller than the previous year's event, having 56 eggs in total to collect.
Festival of Eggs - 2018
The ninth annual Festival of Eggs began on April 1, 2018. It included 54 eggs, which initially appeared in shades of mint green as an April Fool's joke.
Festival of Eggs - 2019
The tenth annual Festival of Eggs began on April 21, 2019 and lasted for 3 days. The event included 62 eggs.
Festival of Eggs - 2020

The eleventh annual Festival of Eggs began on April 12, 2020 and lasted for 3 days. The event included 60 eggs.

Have fun collecting!

Thank you so much for the list! I still have a lot to collect... At least next year I won't have to get the 2021 ones. 

(2020 - 'only' 18 more to grab, 2019 - I have 22 eggs out of the record-breaking 62, 2018 - oookay, a lot...  2017 -  I have only 4 eggs so..... At the time I was only focused on getting something undr that year's header.)

All done! This has been a lot of fun thank you to everyone involved. :nyan:

Edited by Wiz

17 minutes ago, Erebus said:

I have a question. How does one get past eggs?

Once you collect all the 2021 eggs, you start seeing the eggs from the years you didn't get.

This has been pretty awesome. I had the flu on Easter Weekend in 2016 and 2018, as did my housemate, and we both missed out on a lot of eggs those years. I love finally getting to catch them. ❤️

11 hours ago, smartster4 said:

It gives me so much joy to see this! That pun/idea popped into my head, and that's what drove me to try to sprite something for FoE :D 

Also, quick edit just to say thanks for the kind words about my egg! It was my first foray into 
spriting, and now I'm already playing with ToT ideas!

I think the moving static really makes it. It also gives it slight Poltergeist vibes. :D

I'm working back through the years I missed now and I want to shout out two eggs in particular:

1eoo8v7.png TELL ME THE EGG COLOURS ARE A VIVEC REFERENCE. PLEASE. MY MORROWIND FAN WILL CRY.

o9mye4.gifAs I've recently got into MC and the Dream SMP my Ranboo fan adores the Ender egg!

I've got 89 to go. I've already met my goal of getting my missing 2012 divider, so I'm pretty happy with how things have gone this year. 

Got my last missing egg (from 2013) this afternoon.  I had missing 2013, 2014 and 2015.  Goodness knows how I managed to miss three consecutive years like that.  

Was worried I wasn't going to get them all before the end of the week as I won't have much time to egg hunt tomorrow, but that last one finally got added.  Thank you again for giving us the chance to get the ones we missed. 

This one is mine: 16pvnop.png

Spoiler

It's Jaime-Brienne from Game of Thrones. The lion is from the Lannister coat of arms, and the sun/moon pattern is house Tarth. I shipped it so hard after the knighting scene, before the ending broke my heart!

1 minute ago, wobster109 said:

Hide contents

It's Jaime-Brienne from Game of Thrones. The lion is from the Lannister coat of arms, and the sun/moon pattern is house Tarth. I shipped it so hard after the knighting scene, before the ending broke my heart!

I figured it was a coat of arms. I didn't realize it came from Games of Thrones but I never watched the show or read the books. 🤷‍♀️

Love the small lion. Good job!

@Spyridon Thanks! My spouse was super into it. I saw bits and pieces of episodes, and then started watching properly in season 8. Big oof lol.

It was rejected 4 times spanning 2 years, and I finally got it in on the 5th try lol. I learned a lot! Through both easter and halloween. It turns out that the majority of it had to use way darker colors than I was expecting. The really bright colors on the top row of MS Paint were basically only good for highlights. 😄

All of the eggs from this year are super awesome!

Every one has done a great job I love them all so much

but my favs would be Absol, daft punk, Vaporware, and All-might.

I also really like the one that looks like the Ghost in the Shell: Stand alone complex Laughing man logo with the the "I am the machine that reveals the world to you as only I alone am able to see it" by who  think was Dziga Vertov.

2 hours ago, wobster109 said:

Hide contents

I hadn't recognised the Jaime Brienne connection either.  I didn't watch it right from the start, but the baby dragons got my attention and I had to go back and watch it all from the beginning.

I really wanted them to get together.  He was on the whole redemption arc and then that ending.  😕  I have read the book too and am rather hoping that the story at least makes more sense on paper than it did on screen.

Yay, I received a 2019 egg. That means I have all the 2020 eggs and maybe I might get a head start with this one too before the event ends this year. I have high hopes of finishing this collection next Easter, but maybe it would take one more year, or more.

Anyway I have much more than a week ago :D

1s73icd.gif

finally got my egg as the third to last one for this year :D made me giggle since my egg was the very first one I found last year. It’s simple, but my inspiration came from a place I really wanted to go but couldn’t during 2020. I’ve got some fun ideas for next year. Can’t wait :D 

Thanks to all the spriters for the pretty eggs!! Special shout-out to the Therizinosaurus egg. I’ve been obsessed with ARK this year, and that one made me smile. 

I love this!  Got all the 2021 eggs, then was able to get all of 2020 and am now starting on catching up 2019.  Wish this could last for more than a week!

On 4/6/2021 at 7:49 PM, Arkee said:

To any unaware artists out there, you can add your egg to the database if you want to :)

Bringing this back as we're nearing the end!

Also I have 77 eggs left. I think I can do it :D 

I've picked up 200 of the 394 I needed. I don't think I can manage 194 in the next 30 hours, but I'll get what I can. Wish me luck! :D