TJ09

2021-04-04 - Festival of Eggs

4 hours ago, Glaciarie said:

I'm kinda afraid to say this because her actual design doesn't have much clothing and I don't want my egg to get nuked, but since no one guessed, I'm gonna go ahead and say my egg is based on Tiamat from the game Fate/Grand Order! Mostly the colors, I tried to sprite her horns in but they are very complex, currently it's kinda beyond my abilities to sprite them, so I had to simplfy them A LOT. I just really love and adore this character, and because of her I started to try to draw humans/humanoids more wich lead me to getting a drawing tablet and really get better at drawing in general! So I wanted to pay a little homage to her with this egg

34urcx.png

OMG, I play Fate/Grand Order and didn't get the reference. Maybe because I don't like Tiamat. But now that you said it's her, I can see it.

29 minutes ago, spatio said:

That's mine!  And no, haha, not a reference to anything in particular.  Just thought it'd be fun to make something swirly. ^u^

Living in a hurricane zone, of course my brain said hurricane! XD It's lovely!

38 minutes ago, spatio said:

That's mine!  And no, haha, not a reference to anything in particular.  Just thought it'd be fun to make something swirly. ^u^

I love it, its so good 

So for the past 11 years I've had just these three 2010 eggs at the very top of my basket.  It will look so very weird to me to see other eggs grouped in with these guys.

image.png.7744605c8a95e1f1c2d3475943f5c36e.png

3 hours ago, Kakaru_of_DOOM said:

I think you're talking about my egg:

Reveal hidden contents

kya74x.gif

It's supposed to be Valkemare's moons, Aurax (golden) and Cirion (blue) - the ones that determine lunar herald and lumina colour, and whose phases are tracked in the time reference. The world page of the encyclopaedia mentions their comparative sizes. I thought it would be an easy reference to get since everyone on DragCave plays DragCave, but I guess not everyone pays as much attention to the lore as I do.

I knew it! I stared at it for a long moment after I picked it up and thought those could be the two moons. XD  They're awesome. 

cfm1um.gif.9a7f459b9c10b45109523ceb8b1b277f.gif

So I'm thinking... Daft Punk?

Thank you to whoever made that egg!🎶🎷😎

Is this a ark evolved therazaine egg? o.o 10gw14h.gif

whoever made it captured the tickle chicken perfectly! its so cute ❤️

I've been getting old eggs I missed and omg I squealed when I got this one. SO CUTE! AwwoooOOOooo

13pudg1.gif

I've been reading all the comments and I've realized just how much thought goes into all of these eggos. It's amazing to see how an idea can be expressed onto an irregularly-shaped circle (an ellipse perhaps?)! While I'm most familiar with traditional physical art, pixel art is a very fun way to express an imagination, as shown with all the creative eggs throughout the years. 

I was lucky enough to have been chosen this year, yay! Behold, an egg!

Spoiler

CroppedR-eggalEgg.gif.c824c94fbb2d5c16f626efdd7678bb0e.gif

I chose this design because alicorns are a mythical creature I'm familiar with, and I wanted to include wings in my design. I think I'm most proud of the slight spiral effect of the horn, though I'm not sure how I even did that, haha. 

A big thank you to the spriters, event coordinators, and YOU (yes, you reading this message)!

To any unaware artists out there, you can add your egg to the database if you want to :)

I am happily collecting eggs that I missed in previous years. The eggs that I missed are absolutely gorgeous and I am happy to have them now.

(ETA damn autocorrect)

Edited by Cthulhu

2 hours ago, spatio said:

That swirly egg is my favorite one this year!! It's so purty!

(As someone who screenshots every single DC event, the more animated FoEs are beautiful and awesome but it's a real pain trying to screenshot them, lol!)

As someone who has been playing since 2008 but has missed a few Easter events... Thank you for giving access to prior year eggs!!!

I was curious about what one of the new eggs was based on because it looked really neat.  Then just a bit ago I found out from watching my husband playing a Kirby game.  lol

1 hour ago, Arkee said:

To any unaware artists out there, you can add your egg to the database if you want to :)

Might want to bring this up again near the end of the event.

Going to wait to see if people recognize my egg reference. I'll probably spill it 24 hours before.

EDIT: Holy snap! the pokeball egg shows a pikazard?

Edited by Spyridon

Oh my GoN, someone finally made a Negg egg! 

All of them look wonderful this, congrats to the artists that got choosen.

I wonder if they'll ever make a Dragon Cave Negg :PXD 

I kind of forgot this happens so I'm just now started collecting this year's.

After gathering all of the current year's eggs, favorite ones gotta be the therizinosaurid clutching an egg and the round lil kiwi bird. Some animations on the others tho, mmm so nice.

Still finding it funny that the first egg to appear was my own, the jawbreaker, thus confirming it actually got in. So exciting! 

Sorry if this one has been covered already but as someone who developed a special interest in Ascians from FFXIV this year, I literally yelped seeing the ELIDIBUS EGG!!

15h7cvf.png

11mennh.gif

Mine was actually inspired by this one from 2012.

I had different ending idea like "Adobe photoshop stopped working" but I just left the finished egg there.

Edited by sh20000sh

4 hours ago, Spyridon said:

Going to wait to see if people recognize my egg reference. I'll probably spill it 24 hours before.

Maserati? Olympic torch? Indiana University?

25 minutes ago, Leilani said:

Sorry if this one has been covered already but as someone who developed a special interest in Ascians from FFXIV this year, I literally yelped seeing the ELIDIBUS EGG!!

15h7cvf.png

Oooh, I have not found this yet but that is definitely Elidibus isn't it! What a cool egg!!

I think my fav egg this yead definitely has to be l1yt14.gif
Whoever did this one, you are amazing!