TJ09

2021-04-04 - Festival of Eggs

Is there 60 eggs for each year and when did the egg hunting start?

@Sappheara

On 4/4/2021 at 3:23 AM, Sheriziya said:

For those of you who are missing eggs (like myself :D) here's an overview of how many eggs each year had (with thanks to the hard wiki workers on Dragon Cave Wiki!) (The year links give the pages with the overview of the eggs and the spriters:

Festival of Eggs - 2010
The first Festival of Eggs. There were 38 eggs to collect in 2010.
Festival of Eggs - 2011
The second annual Festival of Eggs, this time with 53 eggs to collect.
Festival of Eggs - 2012
The third annual Festival of Eggs was celebrated with a total of 42 eggs.
Festival of Eggs - 2013
In 2013 the "Festival of Eggs" returned with 51 new eggs.
Festival of Eggs - 2014
2014's Festival of Eggs has 55 eggs, more than any in previous year.
Festival of Eggs - 2015
The Festival of Eggs in 2015 was the biggest Festival of Eggs to date, with 62 eggs.
Festival of Eggs - 2016
The 2016 Festival of eggs included 60 collectable eggs.
Festival of Eggs - 2017
The Festival of Eggs in 2017 was slightly smaller than the previous year's event, having 56 eggs in total to collect.
Festival of Eggs - 2018
The ninth annual Festival of Eggs began on April 1, 2018. It included 54 eggs, which initially appeared in shades of mint green as an April Fool's joke.
Festival of Eggs - 2019
The tenth annual Festival of Eggs began on April 21, 2019 and lasted for 3 days. The event included 62 eggs.
Festival of Eggs - 2020

The eleventh annual Festival of Eggs began on April 12, 2020 and lasted for 3 days. The event included 60 eggs.

Have fun collecting!

On 4/5/2021 at 2:49 PM, Eggy0 said:

Hey I'm curious, was your inspiration synthwave or vaporwave? Or something else entirely? This is a pretty cool egg either way!

On 4/5/2021 at 2:50 PM, Spyridon said:

So wait, is there an actual reference to the egg because the ideas being thrown out there looked like they fit?

My egg is a reference to the classic "vaporwave" image, which highlights 80s & 90s aesthetics! 

Stuff like this:

Pin on CG computer graphics ART

On 4/5/2021 at 5:04 PM, kudzu said:

I very much enjoy your vaporw-egg. One of my faves! I adore the 80s & 90s aesthetics that synthwave and vaporwave have brought out.

Thank you so much! I'm really happy people like it. I was worried it wouldn't be appealing enough. 

2 hours ago, Skylex said:

I think my fav egg this yead definitely has to be l1yt14.gif
Whoever did this one, you are amazing!

Thank you 🥺

On another note, I'm collecting 2018's eggs and didn't realize there were so many with the flower crowns xD

My favorite from that set is the little wolf.

Edited by Arkee

10 hours ago, Chaosdawn said:

I've been getting old eggs I missed and omg I squealed when I got this one. SO CUTE! AwwoooOOOooo

13pudg1.gif

27 minutes ago, Arkee said:

Thank you 🥺

On another note, I'm collecting 2018's eggs and didn't realize there were so many with the flower crowns xD

My favorite from that set is the little wolf.

Yay, thank you! That's one of my submissions back when I was an invitee, before I got in-cave. :D 

Cudos to the Lobotomy Corporation egg!

Spoiler

1p13xin.png

For two days now, I have an egg from 2010 to click on but all I get when I click is Page not Found.  I messaged TJ but haven't heard back at all.  Can any Moderator help please?

11 hours ago, KaitoDragon6248 said:

Is this a ark evolved therazaine egg? o.o 10gw14h.gif

whoever made it captured the tickle chicken perfectly! its so cute ❤️

Yep it is! Thank you so much, glad you love it :)

1 hour ago, quinney said:

For two days now, I have an egg from 2010 to click on but all I get when I click is Page not Found.  I messaged TJ but haven't heard back at all.  Can any Moderator help please?

There IS a glitched one....

scroll down this thread:

@TJ09 ?

Edited by Fuzzbucket

12 minutes ago, Fuzzbucket said:

There IS a glitched one....

scroll down this thread:

@TJ09 ?

I didn't see all these post, I was just waiting for it to be fixed. That egg has become very annoying!

8 hours ago, Crowsfold_1400105 said:

Still finding it funny that the first egg to appear was my own, the jawbreaker, thus confirming it actually got in. So exciting! 

I like that one! :)

2 hours ago, Seriva Senkalora said:

I'm catching up on the old ones and I fell in love with this little one:

13pudg1.gif

❤️

So cute!

Thank you! :wub:

1 hour ago, quinney said:

I didn't see all these post, I was just waiting for it to be fixed. That egg has become very annoying!

Post to that thread and ping TJ ? But someone else who saw it was still managing to pick up others...

15 minutes ago, Fuzzbucket said:

Post to that thread and ping TJ ? But someone else who saw it was still managing to pick up others...

Done it, thanks.

8 hours ago, Leilani said:

Sorry if this one has been covered already but as someone who developed a special interest in Ascians from FFXIV this year, I literally yelped seeing the ELIDIBUS EGG!!

15h7cvf.png

YAY! :D  I've been pleasantly surprised by the number of folks who've recognized my little nod to FFXIV.

8 hours ago, birdzgoboom said:

Oooh, I have not found this yet but that is definitely Elidibus isn't it! What a cool egg!!

OwO   A smol egg for a smol child. (I really wish I had had the spriting ability to include some memory stones nestled up to him...)

I sure hope I can collect them all :) I'm missing plenty from the last years, so that's additional motivation for me.

My personal favourite is this little guy
hfnbt9.gif I LOVE Kiwis!!! Whoever did this, thank you so much 🥰

Edit: Seeing the total number of eggs I'm missing however, I don't think my collection will be complete any time soon xD
So many amazing little art pieces!

Edited by Magellan

50 minutes ago, Jazeki said:

I had no idea how many eggs I was apparently missing. They keep appearing lol.

Same here lol, I am surprised every time there is another showing up XD

Oh big same, I didn't realize how many lovely eggs I'd missed over the years. 

I started getting eggs from 2013 now! But even after all this years I still think it's weird and silly to not have the year's banner above the eggs that are on the top

11 hours ago, wobster109 said:

Maserati? Olympic torch? Indiana University?

No. No (though should have thought of that one for this year). No (nearly choked on my coffee when I read this one).

I guess a hint would be it's Mecha related.

To let others know. There's a total of 653 eggs including this years. At 498 now.

22 minutes ago, Spyridon said:

No. No (though should have thought of that one for this year). No (nearly choked on my coffee when I read this one).

I guess a hint would be it's Mecha related.

To let others know. There's a total of 653 eggs including this years. At 498 now.

Lol next round of guesses coming up!

Knockout the transformer? One of the Gundams? Guardian Bravo the Jaeger? I looked at your scroll for inspiration lol.

16 minutes ago, wobster109 said:

Lol next round of guesses coming up!

Knockout the transformer? One of the Gundams? Guardian Bravo the Jaeger? I looked at your scroll for inspiration lol.

Ah shoot. It's my scroll that sunk me. XD

Spoiler

Yeah, it's the Tekkadan flag from Mobile Suit Gundam: Iron-Blooded Orphans.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSGhFf7TTOJ1lJisbLTODa

Good investigative work there. 😎

Edit: Is this the wolf one? https://s.dcave.net/cache/images/2/2jor0h.pngI was so looking for a cute one like the kiwi egg. XD I still love it.

Edited by Spyridon

*returns from self-imposed exile lol*

I finally finished collecting the 2021 eggs! 

Now, I'm on to the 2020 eggs I missed, and the first egg is this guy: 1eccuv.png

…I have no idea what in the world this is. lol