TJ09

2021-04-04 - Festival of Eggs

I also really like this egg, I'm not sure if it is a reference to anything but I recently reread one of my favourite books, The Crystal Singer, and it gives me huge vibes of the planet it's set on and the cover art! 

Spoiler

1tt5lq9.gif

Spoiler

the-crystal-singer.jpg

4 hours ago, Kaini said:

About to re-open. Any continuations of said contentious discussion will be hidden and possibly receive a warn.

That being said, your concerns are seen. Sometimes things slip past - it's being discussed. Please let the topic be until a decision is made.

This is my last warning before I hand out actual warnings. 

I hope I got them all, then. I was able to collect a few which I missed from last years, but now I see none appearing anymore, so I should have them all all.

Got all the eggs from this year! But there's still a lot from previous years that I never got, lol. Collecting at my own pace. Everyone has made great eggies! :D 

Hello there!

I am excited about this year's egg hunt event. However this morning I bumped into a bug or something. I noticed an appearance of this egg (marked in red circle) alongside the "regular" spawns, whenever I visit the website:

Spoiler

screen1.png

At first I thought it is another piece of this year's collection but every time I click on that egg I get this error message (plus the egg itself does not disappear, as you can see):

Spoiler

screen2.png

Does not matter what browser do I use or if I am on my PC or Android. That egg is still there and IDK what is going on.

Edited by Ferdish

*starts getting old eggs* 

2019? I thought I had them all?

Closer inspection reveals that I'm a moron and initially looked at the trick-or-treat bucket instead of the FoE bucket.

I'm really behind on this one (only have 2 eggs from 2018)

Spoiler

95ilai.gif

Is this a reference to Magic the Gathering?

Eggy Question in spoiler. :)

2 minutes ago, Nalyua said:
  Hide contents

95ilai.gif

Is this a reference to Magic the Gathering?

Eggy Question in spoiler. :)

Yes (not my egg. Lol)

I did the Decepticon Seeker Thrust -  which should conclude several years of Decepticon based eggs - released in "trines" or their teams or groupings of three

Common Trine:

Starscream 2013

Skywarp 2015

Thundercracker 2017

Sunstorm 2018 - the odd one out.

Conehead trine:

Dirge  2019

Ramjet 2020

Thrust 2021

I may or may not continue with Seeker eggs - there are so many these days But it does free me to create something different and new. I felt obligated to complete the set.

15 hours ago, Illusn said:

Oh, I that's meant to be the lost soul from Doom as an egg. It's not the most iconic demon from the games, but I felt it was the one that would work best as an egg.

Thank you! 

7 hours ago, smartster4 said:

I've been having a lovely time filling out my basket and getting more banners! And I'm also super hyped that my little old TV egg made it in! Huge thanks to the organizers/artists from this and all previous years for keeping me glued to my laptop this week 😂

That TV was cute!

7 hours ago, Kyann said:

I drew the fairy egg, looking at all the cool eggs for this year makes me wanna do something flashier and mayhaps animated next year! Dis is my egg below here~

Reveal hidden contents

1j59539.png

I like your egg. It's very restful with all the activity in the other ones.

I also really like the blue and white jagged one that looks a bit like an elux lucis egg.

6 hours ago, Husky51 said:

There a list of how many FoE eggs there are for each of the previous 10 years at the top of Page 5, in    Sheriziya's post.. 

Thank you, Sheriziya

(I found out that I only missed  14 items from 2019, not as bad as I thought)

Could that post perhaps be pinned, @Kaini?

3 hours ago, Starbit said:

I also really like this egg, I'm not sure if it is a reference to anything but I recently reread one of my favourite books, The Crystal Singer, and it gives me huge vibes of the planet it's set on and the cover art! 

Ooh, yes, good point!  Crystal Singer is a great book!

The very last egg in my new ones looks like a pancake with syrup running off it? Is that what it's supposed to be or am I just hungry?

In the subtlest, please-don't-smack-me-I'm-trying-to-be-respectful terms, I'd like to say I'm grateful for the mods' careful attention in this thread, and I'll leave it at that.

In fun eggs news on topic, I apparently missed two eggs way back in the very first Festival of Eggs -- I'm now finished with all of them! I first missed out on some eggs (knowingly lol) in 2019 and I remember it being a big bummer. It's so nice that everyone has the chance now to catch back up. Happy hunting, all!

On 4/5/2021 at 5:41 AM, Illusn said:

Yeah! That's mine. My mind blanked for ideas at first, so I channelled my hype for the DLC into the egg.

Yess! I love it! :3

Got all the 2021 Eggs and starting 2019s eggs now :D!!

As a huge Kirby fan - the Dark Matter egg is my favorite for this year: tzx6zr.gif

Also, I know this is a 2019 egg...but I needed something cute like this after having to army crawl under my bed to catch my cat to take him to the Vet:

13sjzy7.png

4 hours ago, Starbit said:

Reveal hidden contents

1tt5lq9.gif

Reveal hidden contents

the-crystal-singer.jpg

One of my fave eggs too!!

I've also read that book! It was in my youth so I don't remember it much but I consumed so much of Anne McCaffery's writing. I'm looking for some new stuff to read so perhaps I'll pick it up again!

On 4/4/2021 at 12:00 AM, TJ09 said:

This year's Festival of Eggs has arrived. Special eggs designed just for the event will pop up in random spots on the site. Click on them and they'll go in your "basket." Everyone can see your basket, and the more you collect, the more full your basket is.

Unlike previous years, old eggs are once again available, and will drop once all 60 of this year's eggs have been collected. To help with that, the event has been extended to run for a full week.

Enjoy!

My daughter, Sunstar23 (who doesn't have a forum account) told me this morning that she caught a 2011 egg that she had missed but had only caught about 24 of the 60 eggs for this year.  Per TJ, she should not have seen that egg until she had collected all of the 2021s.  Is this an oddball instance or will those of us still collecting this years eggs now run a chance of not even seeing all of them because of any missed from past years popping up?

Edited by WWECornSerpent

3 hours ago, Ferdish said:

Hello there!

I am excited about this year's egg hunt event. However this morning I bumped into a bug or something. I noticed an appearance of this egg (marked in red circle) alongside the "regular" spawns, whenever I visit the website:

Reveal hidden contents

screen1.png

At first I thought it is another piece of this year's collection but every time I click on that egg I get this error message (plus the egg itself does not disappear, as you can see):

Reveal hidden contents

screen2.png

Does not matter what browser do I use or if I am on my PC or Android. That egg is still there and IDK what is going on.

Oh hey, same thing as me.

Just my error giving  egg is purple with blue circles on it. Doesn't stop me from actually picking up eggs yet.

Didn't remember that I had missed a few the first year

but i guess i have them all now as they have stopped dropping

complete collection!  thanks TJ

Finished with all the new eggs, finished with the ones from 2019...and as it turns out I was also missing one from 2016. I had no idea! Now my Alphys egg has its Undyne counterpart lmao.

On 4/4/2021 at 12:23 PM, Sheriziya said:

For those of you who are missing eggs (like myself :D) here's an overview of how many eggs each year had (with thanks to the hard wiki workers on Dragon Cave Wiki!) (The year links give the pages with the overview of the eggs and the spriters:

Festival of Eggs - 2010
The first Festival of Eggs. There were 38 eggs to collect in 2010.
Festival of Eggs - 2011
The second annual Festival of Eggs, this time with 53 eggs to collect.
Festival of Eggs - 2012
The third annual Festival of Eggs was celebrated with a total of 42 eggs.
Festival of Eggs - 2013
In 2013 the "Festival of Eggs" returned with 51 new eggs.
Festival of Eggs - 2014
2014's Festival of Eggs has 55 eggs, more than any in previous year.
Festival of Eggs - 2015
The Festival of Eggs in 2015 was the biggest Festival of Eggs to date, with 62 eggs.
Festival of Eggs - 2016
The 2016 Festival of eggs included 60 collectable eggs.
Festival of Eggs - 2017
The Festival of Eggs in 2017 was slightly smaller than the previous year's event, having 56 eggs in total to collect.
Festival of Eggs - 2018
The ninth annual Festival of Eggs began on April 1, 2018. It included 54 eggs, which initially appeared in shades of mint green as an April Fool's joke.
Festival of Eggs - 2019
The tenth annual Festival of Eggs began on April 21, 2019 and lasted for 3 days. The event included 62 eggs.
Festival of Eggs - 2020

The eleventh annual Festival of Eggs began on April 12, 2020 and lasted for 3 days. The event included 60 eggs.

Have fun collecting!

Just in case anyone can use still use this overview :) Happy hunting!

I'm still working on the current eggs. I hope I'll be able to complete at least one of my missing years after that. :D

1 hour ago, ShorahNagi said:

As a huge Kirby fan - the Dark Matter egg is my favorite for this year: tzx6zr.gif

Also, I know this is a 2019 egg...but I needed something cute like this after having to army crawl under my bed to catch my cat to take him to the Vet:

13sjzy7.png

Totoro's !!!  Like the one on my arm,,,  lol

Yesterday after I got all this year's eggs, eggs from the first year that I'd already gotten started showing up. I know for sure I'd already gotten them because I took a screenshot of the eggs beforehand and the ones showing for me to grab were already there!

I'd guess most people who thought they missed a few somehow when they thought they hadn't were just experiencing the same thing. That might be the cause of the error code repeat eggs, too.

As of today the repeat eggs have stopped appearing for me.

24 minutes ago, Sheriziya said:

Just in case anyone can use still use this overview :) Happy hunting!

I'm still working on the current eggs. I hope I'll be able to complete at least one of my missing years after that. :D

Thank you, Very much for this... Sheriziya...

5 minutes ago, angelicdragonpuppy said:

Yesterday after I got all this year's eggs, eggs from the first year that I'd already gotten started showing up. I know for sure I'd already gotten them because I took a screenshot of the eggs beforehand and the ones showing for me to grab were already there!

I'd guess most people who thought they missed a few somehow when they thought they hadn't were just experiencing the same thing. That might be the cause of the error code repeat eggs, too.

As of today the repeat eggs have stopped appearing for me.

When I looked back thru Sheriziya's list, I found that the ONLY year that I was missing any FoE eggs was 2019 and I was missing 14 of them...  I thought I was missing much more than that.  Maybe I was thinking of the Halloween items...