TJ09

2021-04-04 - Festival of Eggs

ndprvt.gif

I really like this little genshin impact anemo slime egg! I like the look of the slimes in that game and I'm glad to see such a cute little guy here too

Edited by Glaciarie

I got the ffvii egg! I love it :wub:

and the Catbus eggs, and the static television egg ^^

1 hour ago, GhostMouse said:

I just got the balloon-releasing egg, and while I hate outdoor balloon releases because they are so terrible for wildlife, I've decided to imagine that this egg is indoors and the balloons will just float up to the ceiling until they deflate. :D

I like that idea! Thanks.

The tiger is very cute!

Asking again...

The lacy one that changes colours then ends with what appears to be EG? Does anyone know what that's from? It seems familiar somehow.

6 hours ago, Moonlightelf said:

Since enough time has gone past now, I think I might as well tell about my egg.

1wsusof.png My egg is Homura Akemi's Soul Gem from Madoka Magica series. Same time listened lots of OST from the said series.

ah thanks so much I was so excited to see this one :D

13 minutes ago, Lagie said:

Asking again...

The lacy one that changes colours then ends with what appears to be EG? Does anyone know what that's from? It seems familiar somehow.

Last year there was another rainbow egg which faded into the same "EG" signature(?). I suspect that's what the new one is reminding you of. They would have to be by the same artist, but they're not in the event token database at present, so I don't know who. Someone with those initials, perhaps?

11 minutes ago, Kakaru_of_DOOM said:

Last year there was another rainbow egg which faded into the same "EG" signature(?). I suspect that's what the new one is reminding you of. They would have to be by the same artist, but they're not in the event token database at present, so I don't know who. Someone with those initials, perhaps?

Any chance that it's from either earthgirl or Earth Gurl?

5 hours ago, Lagie said:

The kiwi, the turnip, the fish at the beach, and the hurricane are fun! While I like the egg that releases the wee balloons, I cringe a bit when it does as balloon releasing is now illegal where I live. Weird how real life sometimes affects one's perception of things. :rolleyes: Still 30 to go.

Is anyone collecting a list of the references somewhere?

Omg the fish at the beach one is mine! 🥺 it means so much to see that people like it. It’s so simple compared to everyone else’s! Super stoked it got in :) hopefully I can make something more extravagant for next time :D

1s73icd.gif

1 hour ago, cabuso said:

My first FoE egg! So thrilled that my little pensive cowboy emoji made it in next to all these gorgeous pixel designs :')

FoE_pensivecowboyegg.gif

i LOVE this egg, as a sad Texan it is the BIGGEST mood, thanks so much y'all ❤️

1 hour ago, Starbit said:

YES!!!! Someone got him!!! My egg is Kotora, my beloved little electric tiger who got cut twice from Pokemon. 

226-Kotora.png

StarbitFestivalEgg.png.f068d23a7b1a8fe3bf58e33e5ab7ee5e-2.png

yayyyy! I like that guy so much. Hopefully one day he'll get put back in the games :C

Also whoever did this DIGIMON TAMERS egg, you also rock!

18ljfoh.png

2 hours ago, angelicdragonpuppy said:

I... I'm probably wrong, but with the horns and color scheme... Loki...?

Nope, not Loki!

1 hour ago, PokeCat said:

Happy I made it in! My silly little egg was just a dumb idea that got to be brought to life. I hope you all get to find it!

FOE2021PokeCatSubmission.png.08e371d4a09eb886092d17ba1e60cc29.png

Hey I'm curious, was your inspiration synthwave or vaporwave? Or something else entirely? This is a pretty cool egg either way!

15 minutes ago, LadyNightshade said:

18ljfoh.png

That's a Digimon reference? I've been out of that show since Season 2 or 3. I have to go look that one up. I love digimon. I just so happen to have a Bandai Imperialdramon kit on my desk right now and I have pre-ordered the other kits for this year's release. 🥰

11 minutes ago, Glaciarie said:

Nope, not Loki!

The only other green-gold horns I know is the Colorado State Rams but I don't think that's it. 🤔

1 hour ago, PokeCat said:

Happy I made it in! My silly little egg was just a dumb idea that got to be brought to life. I hope you all get to find it!

So wait, is there an actual reference to the egg because the ideas being thrown out there looked like they fit?

1 minute ago, Spyridon said:

That's a Digimon reference? I've been out of that show since Season 2 or 3. I have to go look that one up. I love digimon. I just so happen to have a Bandai Imperialdramon kit on my desk right now and I have pre-ordered the other kits for this year's release. 🥰

The only other green-gold horns I know is the Colorado State Rams but I don't think that's it. 🤔

So wait, is there an actual reference to the egg because the ideas being thrown out there looked like they fit?

Yeah it's from Season 3. It was the Digimon Blue Card

https://digimon.fandom.com/wiki/Blue_Card

I've got that model kit too! It was a pain to make because of the transforming feature. I had to redo the arm at one point because something came loose when I changed it from dragon mode to fighter mode. Good kit though. 

26 minutes ago, LadyNightshade said:

I've got that model kit too! It was a pain to make because of the transforming feature. I had to redo the arm at one point because something came loose when I changed it from dragon mode to fighter mode. Good kit though. 

Ah thanks for the heads up.

I think I can scratch off Digimon of my list for next year's ideas now that I know there's two eggs for that reference. Still trying to get the DigiEgg of Courage from 2017 but I'm still gathering the eggs for 2018. Nearly there. Got less than 270 eggs to go through to get them all.

I'm just wondering if anyone got the reference for my egg submission. It's the white/red one, #41.

Spoiler

1p2db6s.gif

Edited by Spyridon

It's been long enough. The egg i did is not based off anything, no references to anything, its just a simple egg to honor 2021.

finalihope.png.f3ce5b4dcbd7ec6433fbe5e6db2ad72f.png

6 minutes ago, Orchi'dea said:
  Reveal hidden contents

The kiwi lays one of the largest eggs in proportion to its size of any bird in the world, so even though the kiwi is about the size of a domestic chicken, it is able to lay eggs that are about six times the size of a chicken's egg.

Wait, that little fluffball gives out that big of an egg? I'm just thinking of humans gave birth to a kid that was 20% of their average weight. 😳

5 hours ago, purplehaze said:

Sounds like a glitch, but last year can't really be compared to this year, since we could not collect previous eggs. Allowing collection of old items only started with the ToT last year.

Still you shouldn't be getting things you already had. I haven't collected all of this year's yet, so  haven't experienced it yet, but if I do I will find it rather annoying as the pop up eggs do interfere with some actions, depending on where they show up.

Oops, my mistake. I was thinking of old Halloween treats that did not show up for me in 2020, since I had collected them all.

3 hours ago, Starbit said:

YES!!!! Someone got him!!! My egg is Kotora, my beloved little electric tiger who got cut twice from Pokemon. 

226-Kotora.png

StarbitFestivalEgg.png.f068d23a7b1a8fe3bf58e33e5ab7ee5e-2.png

wait, My head's a little foggy right now due to lack of sleep, but do you mean you're the one who designed this originally for the Pokemon games and it was cut, or, just that you loved the design and was sad it was cut twice from the games and someone else created the pokemon in the actual company?

Sorry if this is a silly question, I'm getting a "red alert! low caffeine!" siren blaring on the command deck I call my brain right now.

1 minute ago, Syiren said:

wait, My head's a little foggy right now due to lack of sleep, but do you mean you're the one who designed this originally for the Pokemon games and it was cut, or, just that you loved the design and was sad it was cut twice from the games and someone else created the pokemon in the actual company?

Sorry if this is a silly question, I'm getting a "red alert! low caffeine!" siren blaring on the command deck I call my brain right now.

It was created originally for Red and Blue and again for Gold and Silver by the designers, but cut from the game for whatever reason. We discovered him when a beta of the games and their source codes were leaked last year. I really love him! I have pins and keyrings of him and wanted to make an egg to commerate my favourite little Pokemon that never was. The artwork there is a recreation by RacieBeep on twitter.

I finished all of 2021! some of my personal favorites were

Spoiler

the glittering crystal, hatching balloons, brick wall, night in the woods, my hero academia and happy negg :wub:

thank you to everyone who submitted their gorgeous eggs, and TJ for giving us a full week! I still have about 3 years left 😆

4 hours ago, cabuso said:

My first FoE egg! So thrilled that my little pensive cowboy emoji made it in next to all these gorgeous pixel designs :')

FoE_pensivecowboyegg.gif

I just wanna say, your egg made me cackle out loud and still does every time I look at it in the basket, especially when I think about the rest of his little egg-shaped head underneath that hat 🤣 I love it so much, thank you! now if only they would make that a real emoji... 🤠😔

I just got a fiery egg that looks like a blazeback from a front view. XD I'm sure that's not what it's meant to be.

1 hour ago, Spyridon said:
2 hours ago, LadyNightshade said:
2 hours ago, Spyridon said:
2 hours ago, LadyNightshade said:

yayyyy! I like that guy so much. Hopefully one day he'll get put back in the games :C

Spoiler

18ljfoh.png

{snip}

Ah thanks for the heads up.

VINDICATION.

Yup, it's the Digimon tamers Blue Card. I made this egg! I actually sent it a couple years ago, but it didn't get it. I touched it up a little bit and resubmitted it this year, and it got accepted!

Edit: It previously looked like this:

Spoiler

dd3455j-189d9121-8947-47d3-b1e0-2dbf01de

I think I can scratch off Digimon of my list for next year's ideas now that I know there's two eggs for that reference. Still trying to get the DigiEgg of Courage from 2017 but I'm still gathering the eggs for 2018. Nearly there. Got less than 270 eggs to go through to get them all.

{snip}

3 eggs.

You need to pick up my first entry for the same year of the DigiEgg/DigiMental as well.

Edited by Shokomon

4 hours ago, PokeCat said:

I very much enjoy your vaporw-egg. One of my faves! I adore the 80s & 90s aesthetics that synthwave and vaporwave have brought out.