TJ09

2021-04-04 - Festival of Eggs

231 more eggs to go... only 6 more and I will finish 2020.   I am not very good at Easter, I guess. I may not make it all the way this year, but I have set a goal to make it to 2012 since I am missing that banner. 🤞

On 4/4/2021 at 6:23 AM, TheDarkLatias said:

YES! I'll finally be able to get the first eggs ever released!

...I'm going to force myself to get the 60 new eggs as fast as possible.

Same here! I have 2018, 2017, 2016.... I basically need to catch up on every single year before 2018! 

Well, time to get to it! I have over 200 to find! :)

Edited by LadyAngeliki

I'm kinda afraid to say this because her actual design doesn't have much clothing and I don't want my egg to get nuked, but since no one guessed, I'm gonna go ahead and say my egg is based on Tiamat from the game Fate/Grand Order! Mostly the colors, I tried to sprite her horns in but they are very complex, currently it's kinda beyond my abilities to sprite them, so I had to simplfy them A LOT. I just really love and adore this character, and because of her I started to try to draw humans/humanoids more wich lead me to getting a drawing tablet and really get better at drawing in general! So I wanted to pay a little homage to her with this egg

34urcx.png

5 minutes ago, Glaciarie said:

I'm kinda afraid to say this because her actual design doesn't have much clothing and I don't want my egg to get nuked, but since no one guessed, I'm gonna go ahead and say my egg is based on Tiamat from the game Fate/Grand Order! Mostly the colors, I tried to sprite her horns in but they are very complex, currently it's kinda beyond my abilities to sprite them, so I had to simplfy them A LOT. I just really love and adore this character, and because of her I started to try to draw humans/humanoids more wich lead me to getting a drawing tablet and really get better at drawing in general! So I wanted to pay a little homage to her with this egg

34urcx.png

I would have never guess that, only because I don't play Fate/Grand Order. Nice to meet another character from the game! I think I've only seen Artoria and the Berserk Lancelot.

Lots of fantastic eggs again this year! Gotta say that I'm a bit partial to the adorable Kiwi and mesmerizing Lava Lamp! 

12 minutes ago, Spyridon said:

I would have never guess that, only because I don't play Fate/Grand Order. Nice to meet another character from the game! I think I've only seen Artoria and the Berserk Lancelot.

Can't blame you, the Fate series is huge and Grand Order alone has a LOT of characters! Also they try to keep Tiamat's apearence a secret in the game

Funnily enough there was another egg back in 2017 that references Gilgamesh's Ea so my egg is not the first Fate one

140jrd9.png

Glad we are able to get older eggs or I wouln't look back and remember this one, haha

1 hour ago, Husky51 said:

Thank you, Very much for this... Sheriziya...

When I looked back thru Sheriziya's list, I found that the ONLY year that I was missing any FoE eggs was 2019 and I was missing 14 of them...  I thought I was missing much more than that.  Maybe I was thinking of the Halloween items...

You're welcome :) Glad I could help out!

Just picked up one of the apocalpyse bird eggs from LobCorp. Looks awesome :D

Spoiler

1p13xin.png.a7a5981e53e8860f4b3bd05a420be112.png

So many gorgeous eggs this year! Even the more "simple" ones were full of charm. :D

I also love the banner--the gold is so shiny and cats and mints are always welcome to see!

My favorites of this year's batch are the Sisu and My Hero Academia eggs, as well as that lovely blue crystal one. The shimmer effect on Sisu is so lovely and All Might fills me with eternal joy, haha. And the gem with its shine is beautiful. ❤️

Further shoutouts to our friend kiwi bird and catbus, awesome retro TV, that AMAZING jawbreaker, the FF7 one, Absol, a Hades reference (<3), a digimon reference, lava lamp, Mr. Dinosaur, long lost pokemon and moon & planet. Oh, and the Genshin and Kirby ones! (I admittedly mistook the Kirby for a maybe Zelda Vaati at first though, haha!)

I do have to say, though, that THIS EGG IS DRIVING ME CRAZY:

1xxepk7.gif

It looks so so SO familiar but I can't place it. Is it really just a random pretty swirl or is it something from a game?? It's mesmerizing, whatever it is!

Edit: @Kyann your egg was the very first one I got, and I loved it! The idea, texture, and colors are all really cute. Honestly I'd love to see a fairy based dragon with triple wings and that color scheme. When I grabbed it I thought 'oh, we're going to have a GOOD egg hunt this year,' and I was right! ;) 

Edited by angelicdragonpuppy

1 hour ago, angelicdragonpuppy said:

moon & planet.

I think you're talking about my egg:

kya74x.gif

It's supposed to be Valkemare's moons, Aurax (golden) and Cirion (blue) - the ones that determine lunar herald and lumina colour, and whose phases are tracked in the time reference. The world page of the encyclopaedia mentions their comparative sizes. I thought it would be an easy reference to get since everyone on DragCave plays DragCave, but I guess not everyone pays as much attention to the lore as I do.

Edited by Kakaru_of_DOOM
encyclopaedia reference

I haven't been around previous years so this is all so wonderful and this one is so cute

Spoiler

wxhtt8.gif

4 minutes ago, Kakaru_of_DOOM said:

Hide contents

kya74x.gif

It's supposed to be Valkemare's moons, Aurax (golden) and Cirion (blue) - the ones that determine lunar herald and lumina colour, and whose phases are tracked in the time reference. The world page of the encyclopaedia mentions their comparative sizes. I thought it would be an easy reference to get since everyone on DragCave plays DragCave, but I guess not everyone pays as much attention to the lore as I do.

You know, I THOUGHT it might be the moons, because the more I looked at it the more I thought "why wouldn't the earth be blue and the moon silver, then?" But DC's moons are blue and gold, as you said, and the big one is green? I'm confused 😂

It's lovely regardless!

14 hours ago, Spyridon said:

And during the break, I caught the remaining two Digimon eggs and the cockatiel eggs from 2017! They're so lovely! Though I'm not sure if I'll add to the Digimon count. Eying something along forensic or Mecha. Stargate has a few nods.

Aww.. Oh well! Maybe you will join us in later years.

13 hours ago, Arkee said:

Maybe if a small group of people comes together in private and each pick a season to make an egg for? 😮

It's not multiple submissions if each person is making their own egg despite having a similar theme, so... 

...Anyone interested? Send me a PM!

FOR DIGIMANZ! lol

13 hours ago, Kyann said:

I drew the fairy egg, looking at all the cool eggs for this year makes me wanna do something flashier and mayhaps animated next year! Dis is my egg below here~

Hide contents

1j59539.png

Oh, I remember that one! I really like the way you put the scales and wings on it. Look lovely. 

13 hours ago, Kyann said:

---

I pretty much have loved every egg I've picked up so far and I almost have all 60, I wanted to just show a few and share some thoughts~ (Not in any particular order.)

Hide contents

9xce58.png Love ENA and this egg!

acxvuv.png The Tiger I recognized immediately from the Pokemon Beta, loved the eggs designs! 

1xxepk7.gif The spiral one is just cool, like looking into a spiral galaxy!

eddoho.png This one stood out to me cause it's an outline, neat idea~

p44nr1.gifThe Alicorn one is my kindred since I also did a mythical creature. xD

13kuvui.png  Absol, of course, nicely done~

1vym6gi.gif Not only one, but two sequences of shading an egg, it would seem like something that would take a long time to animate! xD

cgy034.gifI just really love the TV and static animation for some reason, it's just cool, haha.

18ljfoh.png I dunno if this is a reference to anything but it just had an interesting vibe to it, I like the colors used and what seems to be the image becoming more pixelated from right to left.

1bixkaq.png Vibrant and shiny, I like the jagged divide of the colors~

Edit: Fixed my horrible typos, I must have been tired or something, haha! xD

Someone like my egg even without the reference! AAAAaaaa!

I was worried that it looked too plain compared to the other eggs.

14 minutes ago, Kakaru_of_DOOM said:

Reveal hidden contents

kya74x.gif

I am ashamed. 

I am applauded.

That didn't even cross my mind. 
They are even synced to the 2:1 lunar cycle!

I do not  deserve my spot in Valkemare Astrology/Astronomy Society.

I hereby banish myself forever from this forum.

*flees crying*

Spoiler

yarudora_mayu_tears_1060.png

2 hours ago, Terrafreaky said:

h3onyk.png I love this egg so much.

That is all. 

Thanks for loving my egg :3

51 minutes ago, Kakaru_of_DOOM said:

Hide contents

kya74x.gif

This is really cool! It's nice to have a reference egg actually be a reference to the site we're actually on. Great job with it

On 4/5/2021 at 12:53 PM, Starbit said:

YES!!!! Someone got him!!! My egg is Kotora, my beloved little electric tiger who got cut twice from Pokemon. 

226-Kotora.png

StarbitFestivalEgg.png.f068d23a7b1a8fe3bf58e33e5ab7ee5e-2.png

Wow, I thought your egg was so cute but I had no idea it was a Pokemon! I've never heard of him. That's such a shame he got cut.

31 minutes ago, Terrafreaky said:

216 left to go! This is great! I'm collecting 2019 now. k15zpq.gif

I had 290 at the start. Now up to 466. I got 187 to go. I'm in 2016 right now.

First egg I got this year was the pensive cowboy. Actually laughed myself to tears; absolutely hilarious egg. Looking forward to (trying to) collect them all and see all the neat ones that were made this year... and to catch up on ones I missed previously 😅

3 hours ago, angelicdragonpuppy said:

I do have to say, though, that THIS EGG IS DRIVING ME CRAZY:

1xxepk7.gif

It looks so so SO familiar but I can't place it. Is it really just a random pretty swirl or is it something from a game?? It's mesmerizing, whatever it is!

That's mine!  And no, haha, not a reference to anything in particular.  Just thought it'd be fun to make something swirly. ^u^

16 minutes ago, spatio said:

That's mine!  And no, haha, not a reference to anything in particular.  Just thought it'd be fun to make something swirly. ^u^

Stupid human brains and their love for false memories! Well, it's a very lovely swirly, and I like looking at it. :D ❤️ Beautiful Haku in your sig, too ❤️ 

4 hours ago, Sheriziya said:

You're welcome :) Glad I could help out!

hahaha, I started looking for your post when I read about it from another member, starting from page 14 back, got to about p-10 and jumped to page 1 going forwards, stopped at p-4, went to p-9 and found it at p-5...  lol  posted about it to save people time and effort finding the list, lol...  I'm just thankful that you had posted it...  It has been over an hour since I found my last FoE egg, so I guess that I have them all now...

Again, Thank You, of behalf of myself and all the others that it helped... 😃😃😃😃