TJ09

2021-04-04 - Festival of Eggs

Yay, having fun with the festival of eggs.

Thank you to TJ and spriters.

And also thank you to Sherizaya for the listing of the number of eggs to catch each year. It made me realize that I am short some eggs from a number of years. I thought I had gotten all of them but boy was I wrong.

So back to getting more eggs…

12 minutes ago, Shokomon said:

VINDICATION.
Yup, it's the Digimon tamers Blue Card. I made this egg! I actually sent it a couple years ago, but it didn't get it. I touched it up a little bit and resubmitted it this year, and it got accepted!

3 eggs.

You need to pick up my first entry for the same year of the DigiEgg/DigiMental as well.

Oh this is what I get for not checking the wiki page. I'm definitely not leaving until I get both of those eggs at the very least in my basket. I love that you got all the Crests in there!

DIGIMON FOR THE WIN! XD

Edited by Spyridon

1 minute ago, Starbit said:

It was created originally for Red and Blue and again for Gold and Silver by the designers, but cut from the game for whatever reason. We discovered him when a beta of the games and their source codes were leaked last year. I really love him! I have pins and keyrings of him and wanted to make an egg to commerate my favourite little Pokemon that never was. The artwork there is a recreation by RacieBeep on twitter.

Ahhh, okay. I remember seeing the cute lil' guy now, and agree that we should have gotten this thunderball kitty as an actual pokemon. I think he was cut from red and blue because maybe G.F. didn't want people to love the Zappy Tiger more than their Thunder Mouse mascot. Maybe he was cut after they chose to have pikachu over Clefairy who was going to be the original starter for Ash instead, but was cut because they felt Clefairy may seem too 'girly' for what they were aiming for, demagraphic-wise.

I love the fact that some forgotten mon's are getting attention by fans though. Makes me smile to see it.

Regardless, it's pretty cool to have an 'almost' mon in my easter basket. :D

Thankful to be able to pick up past eggs, but I don't think I'll be able to catch them all. I can tell I really slack off by Easter on here, because I didn't realize how many eggs I was missing.

24 minutes ago, Lagie said:

I just got a fiery egg that looks like a blazeback from a front view. XD I'm sure that's not what it's meant to be.

Oh, I that's meant to be the lost soul from Doom as an egg. It's not the most iconic demon from the games, but I felt it was the one that would work best as an egg.

28 minutes ago, Spyridon said:

Oh this is what I get for not checking the wiki page. I'm definitely not leaving until I get both of those eggs at the very least in my basket. I love that you got all the Crests in there!

DIGIMON FOR THE WIN! XD

DIGIMON FOR THE WIN! Glad you like it!

Now, we just need to get the rest of the Digimon seasons in.

Too bad multiple submissions are no longer a thing.

@Orchi'dea I looove your birb-egg! Kiwis are awesome. Actually anything that looks weird and unlike most of their species is awesome, lol. 

Im grateful for the week extension otherwise this would likely be the first year i failed to catch them all1 as little time as ive managed thus far.

6 hours ago, SkySlayer3217 said:

This is my first time entering into the Festival of eggs and I'm glad my Hades Cosmic Egg got in. (I've been playing this game for way too long)

6iefad.gif

I always liked the event and how artist create eggs and I've been neglecting to try DC pixel art for the longest time. 
Also, 36 eggs in, and I haven't even gotten my own egg! XD

Gratz to all the artist, these eggs are absolutely beautiful this year.

I've been wondering who made this! Just gotta let you know how much I appreciate it, I've been gushing over it ever since I saw it!! I only picked up the game last month, but I've knocked 75 hours into it so far and I foresee many more ahead, IT'S SUCH A GOOD GAME

edit: also your sprite is stunning 😍

Edited by Ziranos

My egg didn't make it. It kind sucks not knwoing why. I tried last year and the only mistake was the white background. I corrected it but they were not accepting more submissions and said to try again this year. I tried and it was said that the egg shape was "too lost" and that some artists were concerned about "appropriateness of the reference". They didn't explain to me what was inapropriate about my reference. I made ajustments and tried again. And again they the said they couldn't see clearly the egg shape. Tried again and got no answer. I don't know what's wrong with the egg, if it's the shape, in which case I can try to redo, or if it's the reference, and in this case, I must just give up on the egg.

This thread has gotten off topic. Temporarily locking while things are sorted. 

About to re-open. Any continuations of said contentious discussion will be hidden and possibly receive a warn.

That being said, your concerns are seen. Sometimes things slip past - it's being discussed. Please let the topic be until a decision is made.

ETA: "Contentious discussion" refers to one of the Easter eggs available for collection that uses language that some are finding offensive. We are still actively working on this issue.

Edited by purpledragonclaw
Adding some context.

lmao! I forgot that L'eggs' were a thing in the 2019 batch. I got one just now and had myself a good laugh because it threw me off. XD

7 hours ago, Shokomon said:

And during the break, I caught the remaining two Digimon eggs and the cockatiel eggs from 2017! They're so lovely! Though I'm not sure if I'll add to the Digimon count. Eying something along forensic or Mecha. Stargate has a few nods.

I've been having a lovely time filling out my basket and getting more banners! And I'm also super hyped that my little old TV egg made it in! Huge thanks to the organizers/artists from this and all previous years for keeping me glued to my laptop this week 😂

7 hours ago, Shokomon said:

Maybe if a small group of people comes together in private and each pick a season to make an egg for? 😮

It's not multiple submissions if each person is making their own egg despite having a similar theme, so... 

🙄Wow!!  I totally am not on par.. somehow I missed getting the 2016 eggs!!,now I have to get those as well..more fun I guess!!😊🐰 

am so glad we can get previous years eggs!!& the banner/s,some of them are so pretty!!😊:wub::nyan:

Edited by rachii.xo

16 minutes ago, smartster4 said:

I've been having a lovely time filling out my basket and getting more banners! And I'm also super hyped that my little old TV egg made it in! Huge thanks to the organizers/artists from this and all previous years for keeping me glued to my laptop this week 😂

Ack, first of all I apologize, instead of clicking "quote" I think I hit report by mistake. Please ignore that Mods. I'm sorry!! >.<;

And second of all, I wanted to tell you that I thought the old style TV was awesome!! 

I drew the fairy egg, looking at all the cool eggs for this year makes me wanna do something flashier and mayhaps animated next year! Dis is my egg below here~

Spoiler

1j59539.png

---

I pretty much have loved every egg I've picked up so far and I almost have all 60, I wanted to just show a few and share some thoughts~ (Not in any particular order.)

Spoiler

9xce58.png Love ENA and this egg!

acxvuv.png The Tiger I recognized immediately from the Pokemon Beta, loved the eggs designs! 

1xxepk7.gif The spiral one is just cool, like looking into a spiral galaxy!

eddoho.png This one stood out to me cause it's an outline, neat idea~

p44nr1.gifThe Alicorn one is my kindred since I also did a mythical creature. xD

13kuvui.png  Absol, of course, nicely done~

1vym6gi.gif Not only one, but two sequences of shading an egg, it would seem like something that would take a long time to animate! xD

cgy034.gifI just really love the TV and static animation for some reason, it's just cool, haha.

18ljfoh.png I dunno if this is a reference to anything but it just had an interesting vibe to it, I like the colors used and what seems to be the image becoming more pixelated from right to left.

1bixkaq.png Vibrant and shiny, I like the jagged divide of the colors~

Edit: Fixed my horrible typos, I must have been tired or something, haha! xD

Edited by Kyann

4 minutes ago, Kyann said:

I pretty much have loved every egg I pick I've picked up so far and I'm almost have all 60, I wanted to just show a few and share some thoughts~ (Not in any particular order.)

Reveal hidden contents

9xce58.png Love ENA and this egg!

acxvuv.png The Tiger I recognized immediately from the Pokemon Beta, loved the eggs designs! 

1xxepk7.gif The spiral one is just cool, like looking into a spiral galaxy!

eddoho.png This one stood out to me cause it's an outline, neat idea~

p44nr1.gifThe unicorn one is my kindred since I also did a mythical creature. xD

13kuvui.png  Absol, of course, nicely done~

1vym6gi.gif Not only one, but two sequences of shading an egg, it would seem like something that would take a long time to animate! xD

cgy034.gifI just really love the TV and static animation for some reason, it's just cool, haha.

18ljfoh.png I dunno if this is a reference to anything but it just had an interesting vibe to it, I like the colors used and what seems to be the image becoming more pixelated from right to left.

1bixkaq.png Vibrant and shiny, I like the jagged divide of the colors~

The second egg from the bottom on your list is a Digimon Tamers egg, S3.

212 more eggs to go. Better than the 363 eggs I needed to get at the start. 🥱

Finally got all missed eggs! Seems I missed about 8 eggs from 2016 and 3 from the vary first batch! I am super happy I got them and now have a full collections. They are always incredibly amazing!

I am only a bit sad that I don't get the full easter basket image, but perhaps it will kick in after a while!

Thank you so much for this chance and the new batch of epic eggs!

49 minutes ago, Kaini said:

About to re-open. Any continuations of said contentious discussion will be hidden and possibly receive a warn.

That being said, your concerns are seen. Sometimes things slip past - it's being discussed. Please let the topic be until a decision is made.

I just want to say thank you, a simple note that 'your concerns are seen' really goes a long way. 

I think I'm done collecting eggs now? I haven't counted my 2021s to be sure, but I'm not seeing any more showing up. Never thought I'd be sad that I never missed any eggs in past years, but I don't want the collecting to be over yet, lol.

12 minutes ago, Kyann said:

I drew the fairy egg, looking at all the cool eggs for this year makes me wanna do something flashier and mayhaps animated next year! Dis is my egg below here~

I looove your egg!! The colors are beautiful.

(I think I ask this every year, it's okay to put FoE/ToTs in our sigs, right? If we want to show our favorites?)

6 minutes ago, HeatherMarie said:

I looove your egg!! The colors are beautiful.

(I think I ask this every year, it's okay to put FoE/ToTs in our sigs, right? If we want to show our favorites?)

Aw, thank you so much! ❤️ ^o^

I know I personally don't mind if people want to use my egg in their signature or show it off somewhere. (I am unsure if there's any rule otherwise about it though, or if others would not prefer it, so I'm just speaking for myself here.)

OK, again, Thank you, TJ and Spriters...  I have my 60 Festival Eggs and now will see how many from the past I can get...  I suppose that they drop randomly, but I don't know for sure...

--------------------------------------------

Ah, I see how it works now...  Randomly drop, but [ost to the year they are from, that I (you) missed...

---------------------------------------------

There a list of how many FoE eggs there are for each of the previous 10 years at the top of Page 5, in    Sheriziya's post.. 

Thank you, Sheriziya

(I found out that I only missed  14 items from 2019, not as bad as I thought)

Edited by Husky51
additional info...

I'm so excited to get missed eggs from years past! I was in the hospital last year, so getting to catch them now is amazing! Thank you so much, TJ!