TJ09

2020-10-25 - Halloween Event Begins!

@Cattington

1. From the beginning, click the four squares that were orange (i say "were" because they will change as you click so rememeber their original place)
2. Then click the four green ones
3. Then click the four orange ones
4. Then click the four purple ones and it will be complete

(I assumed the idea was to click the colors in order of the rooms they came from... but that might have been just a coincidence! XD)

EDIT: oops, I didn't realize there was already an official answer to the rune puzzle so I'll leave that here as well: https://dragcave.fandom.com/wiki/Currently_Being_Released#Puzzle_guide

Edited by Theona
additional info

I'm trying to use someone's Rune puzzle solution but it's absolutely not working well.

Using rows 1 and 3 first and starting at the top, I'd hit orange and then green, but then there are no longer any instances of orange or green on any spots of the 1 and 3 rows for me to be able use that solution any further. I've tried scrambling it with random clicks but it goes back to the same problem. It's completely impassable for me. I'm not able to grasp puzzles like this due to how my brain is wired. I am dying but only in spirit.

2 minutes ago, Theona said:

@Cattington

1. From the beginning, click the four squares that were orange (i say "were" because they will change as you click so rememeber their original place)
2. Then click the four green ones
3. Then click the four orange ones
4. Then click the four purple ones and it will be complete

(I assumed the idea was to click the colors in order of the rooms they came from... but that might have been just a coincidence! XD)

OH! that worked, thank you so much, haha that didn't even occur to me 

Just finished. A lot of fun and great writing :) I liked most of the puzzles except the doors. The clues on the floor didn't seem to match up proper with the doors (though I probably missed something obvious). Ended up just brute forcing them. 

Were there any smaller puzzles that could be solved? e.g. did the goats mean anything? Could you stop the brother who ate too much mana from zipping around?

3 hours ago, Haloclimb said:

New shoes?
This already my favourite interaction in the whole game, thank you for putting that in 🤣

Are we talkin bout these shoes?

3 hours ago, Skelokey said:

I found out you can "cheat" and solve it with Avery. Still frustrating and I think mine was bugged. I had four symbols that were filled tilted diamonds, and two hollowed tilted diamonds. The order would have meant I go through the second to the left door four times in a row. It only lets me go in at a max of three, then no other door after that point lets me through.

Every time you fail, the first room's tile pattern changes. It's a randomized solution. If you can't get past a specific room multiple times you might be trying the wrong solution on the wrong instance of the puzzle.

@Cattington Yay! Glad I could help.

@CanisLupusD Thank you for sharing the ingredients of the second cauldron! I'd have spent the rest of my life trying to figure out what the "middle of the day" was. 😂

2 hours ago, ViridianIgnis said:

If you miss any CBs, then fill up your list with eggs for the new breed and trade them on the trading hub for any you've missed. That's what I did a couple of years ago.

So I've completed the game, and I was wondering if, if I replay it, there's any way to speak to the green and gold dragons in the cave? I think that's the only thing I missed if it's possible.

You can't get to the Gold near as I can tell. the Green you just have to walk close to.  Leads to a small dialog and that's all.

Anyone the correct line for the second cauldron ?

Second round

Ingredients

• Azure Scale
  • Cinna Root
  • Jester Venom
  • Puffball
  • Sacred Leaf
  • Sun Blossom

thanks in advance

7 minutes ago, eccoshop said:

Anyone the correct line for the second cauldron ?

Second round

Ingredients

• Azure Scale
  • Cinna Root
  • Jester Venom
  • Puffball
  • Sacred Leaf
  • Sun Blossom

thanks in advance

Spoiler

Venom, Leaf, Scale, Root, Puffball, Flower

For the second cauldron,

Spoiler

x - leaf - x - root - x - blossom

comes from "the world tree's pieces are never odd" and a creative interpretation of "directly after" (also leaf before roots just because leaves are more immediately visible, which is so-so logic,  but okay)

then from "first, the deadliest; last, the loveliest", deadliest sounds like the venom, so

venom - leaf - x - root - x - blossom

and loveliest is already determined by the sun blossom having to be at the end, but I suppose why not.

However, does anybody know what logic has the dragon 'resting in the middle of the day' be between leaf and root? I mean, it's closer to the center of the list than the other available spot, but a list of six by default cannot have a perfect 'middle' in it, so I was wondering if there was any reasoning more sophisticated than that.

10 hours ago, Nyxity said:

Doors: if you enter a door that chuckles, you entered the wrong door. Just keep in mind the pattern. You go through a door and no cackle? That is the right door. Any door that cackles sends you back to square one. So, you might go door 1, door 2, door 3- cackle!!! Crap, well, start over. Door 1, door 2, door 4, door 1- cackle!!! Crap... Start over. Door 1, door 2, dooe 4, door...

I ended up with 3 - 3 - 3 - 2.

My puzzles all seemed to give me triples... :rolleyes:

33 minutes ago, Fuzzbucket said:

I mostly had to do five doors....

I think I did too; I just never noted the final doors down. XD Too busy moving on.

I think I have one treat left to get.

17 hours ago, Morphie said:

There's a participation badge that I got ^^ (the Trick-or-Treat one) but it seems for now the badge is just for those who've completed it, which really stinks
but if you'd like to give it a shot, here's a guide that helped me out a whole lot ^^
https://dragcave.fandom.com/wiki/Currently_Being_Released#Puzzle_guide

Thank you. I appreciate your help.

Thanks for the great game !! it was awesome

Spoiler

Edited by eccoshop
tried to direct link the picture

38 minutes ago, FoxintheBox said:

Got all the treats ~ now to collect 94 from 2010 😲😁

How many treats are there this year? Thanks!

Alright, it's official. I suck at this game. I am stuck in jail -- got out of the cell, but can't go anywhere. Can't find the sewer that I am supposed to escape through. :( If I am having this much trouble already I doubt I will ever make it through.

Just now, purplehaze said:

Alright, it's official. I suck at this game. I am stuck in jail -- got out of the cell, but can't go anywhere. Can't find the sewer that I am supposed to escape through. :( If I am having this much trouble already I doubt I will ever make it through.

If its what I think it is, try to check for a trapdoor at the bottom right of the screen?

4 minutes ago, Glaciarie said:

If its what I think it is, try to check for a trapdoor at the bottom right of the screen?

I thought I had checked that multiple times. It seems you have to be in exactly the right spot and a little yellow dot shows up. Thanks! Now to see where I get stuck next. XD