TJ09

2020-08-23 - August Dragon Release

1 hour ago, roxasxaxel said:

Why did they come out so early

Eh they were released yesterday, do you mean the first drops were early? Or in other ways?

3 hours ago, roxasxaxel said:

Why did they come out so early

We don't have an offical date monthly releases come out, it happens when TJ has time. The fact that he's busy in real life is why so many end up the last weekend of the month. It's more that most are last minute/nearly late than this one being early.

This was the first release in a while where I had the room for the eggs straight up XD I am so glad I chose not to immediately refill the slots again as I did contemplate. 

22 hours ago, ShorahNagi said:

After Skysilk but before Skywing...so definently Sky-something.

Skywalker, Skysoarer, skysong, skysinger - all fall within those for names.

Skysneks 

Yeah, thinking about it...I'm putting my money on the night ones being Astro-something (astronomer seeming likely) and Sky-something for the blue floaters.

Now excuse me while I go back to poking my eggs so they hatch already so I can do some AP picking.

This is a cool new release! I just got them both, and I'm excited to see what the starry adult one looks like! :D

Lovely hatchies!

Thanks, TJ and spriters! :)

*checks TJ's hatchies* Dang, they will grow up while I'm asleep. Can't wait to see the adults! I hope the night sky ones keep those bold s2 hatchie colors. 

I was able to grab two more night skys, so I decided to trade my release-day night skys for messy xenos, lol. They go fast but, at least as of 12 hours ago, I was still seeing plenty in the Alpine.

1 hour ago, Corteo said:

We should see adults today, right?

Yep; looks like another four hours to go! (A little less, even.)

Such beautiful ladies!!!! Excellent work spriters, can't wait to see the males.

Edit: They look great too! I already have an idea for a cute lineage with these guys... Time to add it to the list, haha.

Edited by Serotina
I put "sprinters" instead of spriters

The adults look so pretty ahhh!!!
I may need to start a collection of Astaarus dragons 😍

I don't have any fancy art for the Astaari (yet) but i have some fun facts if you want that:

The name Astaarus is a combo of aster + (star + naaru) + Taurus and they're based on the Taurus constellation, notably Aldebaran and the Pleiades, the chasing bit in the descriptions even alludes to Aldebaran the follower chasing the Pleiades across the night sky. In their sprites, the crystals on their tails conveniently arrange to roughly form the Pleiades (on male) and the V shaped bull head (on female). Their wing stars are random though. The male was the first thing I sprited, and originally he had the same wing color as the female but Pie suggested to make the highlights orange so I did that.

Semi-related fun fact: the staaru part of Astaarus is a term I use in my personal religion kind of thing. Basically "haha what if stars are just giant naaru from wow"

Semi-related fun fact 2: Aldebaran was also the name of a Skulltag deathmatch bot whom I had a crush on when I was 15. Nobody asked for that one but you're welcome. He had orange armor, how could I not.

Astaaurus missed their chance for a release during Taurus season. XD

Thanks for another great release, everyone!