TJ09

2020-05-21 - Dragon Cave's 14th Birthday!

Hi guys, glad to see you are all enjoying the dragons! The Jesters were a fun design I came up with by trying to combine the Bauta's 'mask' aesthetic with the black and white color scheme of the Blancblacks, around the same time we decided to do a care package theme, so they fit right in as a representative for finding ways to occupy your mind and relieve stress via consuming entertainment. Wishing you all the best!!

41 minutes ago, ValidEmotions said:

From Particle, on Discord:
"there was a glitch in the beginning preventing red ones from hatching when it was fixed they had to catch up so the blue ones stopped for a moment"

So all the people with early eggs from the release day are now the ones without any reds...

Yeah, I LOVE glitches. Not. ;)

But in the end I love their sprites.

Pretty new dragons. ❤️

Edited by Seriva Senkalora

4 hours ago, random_dragon_collector said:

I've been wondering about the lack of a theme.  This is my third MS birthday--first were Harry Potter houses, last year was elements or something I didn't recognize, but haven't seen a theme this year.  Wonder if any of the others can be tied to books?

Last years were the Infinity Stones from Avengers

12 minutes ago, TCA said:

Hi guys, glad to see you are all enjoying the dragons! The Jesters were a fun design I came up with by trying to combine the Bauta's 'mask' aesthetic with the black and white color scheme of the Blancblacks, around the same time we decided to do a care package theme, so they fit right in as a representative for finding ways to occupy your mind and relieve stress via consuming entertainment. Wishing you all the best!!

They're super creative and I love the way you blended those two breeds :o

10/10 will collect more

6 hours ago, Lantean_Pegasus said:

If the theories for the time of hatching get that complicated... I'd say it's likely something else. 😉

Maybe time of catching ? That would explain why on day one we had one wave of entirely blue, then one of entirely (or mostly, and we just missed some blues) red, and then, when the window for "incubated and hatched as soon as possible" was over, they started mixing, because people put their eggs in hatcheries unincubated or with less than 4d0h left, leading to them hatching with different intervals between time caught and time hatched (not the exact 48 hours of the first ones).

Edit: Ah, wait, no. You said you saw the eggs both had 3d21 left, and then they hatched about the same time, but produced different colours ? Then... I'm stumped. For the time being. 

I tested part of your theory and it worked for me... somehow... might have been random luck... 

4 blue spotted eggs caught on the 21st between 7-9pm DC time. 

2 were ER hatched after 00:10 and hatched blue before 08:00 on the 24th.

2 were ER hatched after 09:01 and hatched red/brown on the 24th

3 minutes ago, ridshadowfox said:

I tested part of your theory and it worked for me... somehow... might have been random luck... 

4 blue spotted eggs caught on the 21st between 7-9pm DC time. 

2 were ER hatched after 00:10 and hatched blue before 08:00 on the 24th.

2 were ER hatched after 09:01 and hatched red/brown on the 24th

It's been confirmed that it's totally random--no reds at first was just a glitch.

2 minutes ago, random_dragon_collector said:

It's been confirmed that it's totally random--no reds at first was just a glitch.

Ok, well then I guess it was just random luck for me... which is nice since I've had some bad luck lately.

3 hours ago, spatio said:

For everyone wondering if there was any theme method to our madness, this release was intended as a care package.  A big thank-you from all of us for being an awesome community; we're right there with you and together we're gonna get through this.  I hope you all enjoy the release!

ddxyfv7-72974932-eb85-4c24-a651-bc3353e4

Awww...thank you very much guys ;v; it really made me feel better at these harsh times UvU

The adult dragons look beautiful & colorful! 😍

Apologies if this has been asked before, but I’d like a confirmation if the hybrids can be caught in-cave? I haven’t seen any thus why I’m asking.

3 hours ago, spatio said:

For everyone wondering if there was any theme method to our madness, this release was intended as a care package.  A big thank-you from all of us for being an awesome community; we're right there with you and together we're gonna get through this.  I hope you all enjoy the release!

How did I miss this, this is stunning and a wonderful theme, it all makes so much sence now Haha- this is why we have such a good community and we have such amazing artists! the love, commitment and ideas that go in to this site is lovely and never fails to be outstanding, so proud to be a member of DC, thank you for this release again :)

2 minutes ago, Solaries said:

The adult dragons look beautiful & colorful! 😍

Apologies if this has been asked before, but I’d like a confirmation if the hybrids can be caught in-cave? I haven’t seen any thus why I’m asking.

Hybrids don't drop in the biomes. They're hybrids because they have to be bred by two different dragons. 

1 hour ago, ValidEmotions said:

The Alcedine are based on RNG. Confirmed by Infinis in the official DC Discord. There's no breed timer or anything for them.

I suspected it was RNG since I picked up two eggs at about the same time but a day apart and they hatched into one of each color. Thanks for the confirmation!

4 hours ago, spatio said:

I'm happy to see I was partially wrong about the theme - you made something wonderful and positive in spite of the scary background.

I love this so much. ❤️️ Thank you, artists and TJ and everybody involved in this truly heartwarming release.  :wub: 

(And I still can't believe how beautiful all the sprites are!)

1 hour ago, Seriva Senkalora said:

So all the people with early eggs from the release day are now the ones without any reds...

Yeah, I LOVE glitches. Not. ;)

But in the end I love their sprites.

Pretty new dragons. ❤️

Well, by the same token there must be lots of people with reds but no blues from the period when the blue ones temporarily shut off. So there's always the Trade Hub.

But I agree with you, both colors look so good that I want to collect many of both, so I am not too fussed about which colors I get first. They will balance out eventually. Breeding them in checker patterns will be a pain  exercise in patience, though! XD

Edited by tjekan

Love the theme and the way you put it together, thank you so much!

Definitely going to take that advice on cookies and naps. :D

Thank you DC for helping to keep me sane in these trying times. These new colorful and care giving dragons are much needed and welcome to the dragon family.

Enjoy and stay safe everyone.😊

4 hours ago, spatio said:

Thank you all so much! (And yes, you have me in tears!) This is why I love this community so much. 💗 Stay safe and healthy, everyone!

These are all amazing dragons and such a wonderful variety! The artists on this site never fail to amaze! The dedication. The caring. The creativity. The talent.

I think the Jester is my very favorite, but they are all great additions to the site.

These adults are all gorgeous, and what a great variety! Thanks everyone

Edited by Dew

Ok I'm in love with the Amalthean (mostly coz it's named after Lady Amalthea from the Last Unicorn, whether it's intentional or not)

5 hours ago, spatio said:

Oh this is amazing! Not having a great day today and seeing the very pretty adults already was a treat, but this is just extremely lovely! Thanks very much everyone (yes everyone, not just in the picture, this is a great community and I love coming here)! ❤️