TJ09

2020-05-21 - Dragon Cave's 14th Birthday!

Ok, so maybe I'm a tiny bit dyslexic (spelled with dictionary.com in another tab so I know it's right).  Usually I know when naming a dragon when I'm surprised it wasn't taken, it means I misspelled it somewhere...    But good to know I can stop spinning my wheels in coast biome watching for Sapo eggs.  

I love the theme behind the release and the dragons' meanings so much. ❤️ Really lovely, thank you staff!!

8 hours ago, Cowfish249 said:

Vibe! I thought the same thing later on due to the whole white dragon overlap LOL

No idea is anyone else made any yet, but here are the two lazy mocs I made:

Hide contents

lineagenewblank6ust8-1.png.8973beb6372868d82fb364f3cfee50f6.pnglineagenewblank6ust8.png.b376ddbd2b62c516430d671fff076180.png

I think I'm going to do Make whites and Male soulstones to maximize the sitting sprites LOL

Ohhhh that's gorgeous. I don't usually make linages, I'm more of a collector than a breeder, but for these guys I might have to make an exception. Soulpeaces are one of my favorites and they look amazing next the Amaltheans. ❤️

4 hours ago, Lagie said:

^ That would be none of the above since they're sapo not sopa. XD (just kidding; I have no idea if they are in the coast.)

I have two jesters now. Happy Lagie is happy!

And Sapo means Toad in Spanish...

And I've gotten another Cloudplume and three Alcedine's, making a total of four of them...  So we will see how they turn out...

Thanks again, everyone

Edited by Husky51
further text...

I love these dragons so much! :D Thank you! The Jester dragons are my favourite! ❤️

7 hours ago, Nightwalkerkey said:

I'm very curious- how far in advance/how long ago did you spriters begin the art/plan for the birthday release?

It was about 3 and a halfish weeks ahead of time I'd say

What about the Amalthean  - that was the one I was hoping would....

Bred my first grown-up Pargulus with a Kovos to see if I could get a different colour from breeding.

Got a Kovos egg. :blink:

7 minutes ago, Ruby Eyes said:

Bred my first grown-up Pargulus with a Kovos to see if I could get a different colour from breeding.

Got a Kovos egg. :blink:

:D  You made me laugh!  Sorry!

On 5/24/2020 at 2:07 PM, syldrakunimi22 said:

Ok I'm in love with the Amalthean (mostly coz it's named after Lady Amalthea from the Last Unicorn, whether it's intentional or not)

I'm glad someone else also got that reference!

"Lady Amalthea" was actually one of my old screennames back in the era of AOL/AIM. I'm a huge fan of that Peter Beagle story.

I'm having a blast hunting for the new breeds! I wish we had big releases like this every time. :P

Can't pick a favourite, some of them are just gorgeous! Love the pygmies though, I'm always excited when we get new breeds for the sub-types.

10 hours ago, HawktalonOfRiverClan said:

Ohhhh that's gorgeous. I don't usually make linages, I'm more of a collector than a breeder, but for these guys I might have to make an exception. Soulpeaces are one of my favorites and they look amazing next the Amaltheans. ❤️

Well, I'm going to be making the lineage- If you're willing to wait awhile I'd happily breed you a 4th gen child if you just want to collect. Or if you make one too maybe we can swap! :]

I have adults! :)

But weirdly, on my phone, the labradorites are smaller than the pygmies. XD I can't wait to go see them on a proper computer.

Screenshot_20200526-104534.thumb.jpg.07259577c92b2f547db57006a2519db2.jpg

this has been an incredible release all around! thank you so much to tj and all the spriters for the thoughtfulness that went into the theme and concepts, for the gorgeous new dragons, and for all the extra art and details. ❤