TJ09

2020-05-21 - Dragon Cave's 14th Birthday!

They literally were inspired by xenomorphs xD  Horns had to be added and other things tweaked so they weren't so on the nose haha

58 minutes ago, spatio said:

unknown.png

Oops, I guess I should have posted this!  My original sketch for the labradorites.  Doha spiced up the head design with horns when we were working on the sprites.  My headcanon for size is that they're sorta like goldfish - the bigger the cave, the bigger the Labby (plus those in mana-rich caves would grow faster than others).  I'd imagine most of them aren't overly enormous, but the occasional cryptid inhabiting a mammoth cave system may be scary large.  But still friendly little buggers.  Probably the type to pop out of a hole suddenly and scare someone because they've been waiting so long for someone to get close enough that they can share their eerily intuitive/specific life advice or WIP script for this amazing play they've written and oh my gosh you're just gonna love this character! Wait, why are you running away?

I love this information had me in stitches, I just love these guys 😍 all they need is friendship I will gladly listen to anything these beautiful creatures have to say

And that art work is phenomenal, I really love this concept and design! 

1 hour ago, spatio said:

unknown.png

Oops, I guess I should have posted this!  My original sketch for the labradorites.  Doha spiced up the head design with horns when we were working on the sprites.  My headcanon for size is that they're sorta like goldfish - the bigger the cave, the bigger the Labby (plus those in mana-rich caves would grow faster than others).  I'd imagine most of them aren't overly enormous, but the occasional cryptid inhabiting a mammoth cave system may be scary large.  But still friendly little buggers.  Probably the type to pop out of a hole suddenly and scare someone because they've been waiting so long for someone to get close enough that they can share their eerily intuitive/specific life advice or WIP script for this amazing play they've written and oh my gosh you're just gonna love this character! Wait, why are you running away?

Friendly xenomorph dragons are hilarious to me for some reason. 

What do they usually eat?

@spatio Love the sketch! They are really beautiful dragons if kind of sad.

And your little scenario there makes me feel even sorrier for them. Poor guys just wanna be friendly and end up scaring everyone. XD

59 minutes ago, spatio said:

They literally were inspired by xenomorphs xD  Horns had to be added and other things tweaked so they weren't so on the nose haha

You and Dohaerys did a great job varying the theme! They have the general vibe without feeling like copies at all. The spindliness is probably the primary differentiator! To quip, Xenomorphs have an actual ribcage, after all, these guys are just noodles. 8D The friendliest, spiniest noodles. *squishes them happily*

What a Wonderful 14th Birthday!  Thank you TJ & Spriters!  I love that we had 2 breedables, I've missed them so (even if I could do only one). Some of the newer dc members apparently had never had the chance to do the exquisite fun of breeding to obtain a new egg. Hoping for more in the future, thanks all! 

Edited by Kaini
Removed scrollspam

On 5/24/2020 at 10:18 AM, Kaityn said:

Same here! I immediately thought of doing a Amalthean - Soulpeace checker for a White-Hybrid lineage (if anyone could do a mockup, I'd be very grateful!)

Vibe! I thought the same thing later on due to the whole white dragon overlap LOL

No idea is anyone else made any yet, but here are the two lazy mocs I made:

Spoiler

lineagenewblank6ust8-1.png.8973beb6372868d82fb364f3cfee50f6.pnglineagenewblank6ust8.png.b376ddbd2b62c516430d671fff076180.png

I think I'm going to do Make whites and Male soulstones to maximize the sitting sprites LOL

Edited by Cowfish249
I wrote die instead of due so I fixed it - yes.

I love all of the new dragons, they're so beautiful and wholesome! ❤️ I'm still working on collecting them all, but I'm finally close to getting everything. :lol:

I can't believe I forgot to praise the diversity in this release, only ONE vanilla western, everyone else is an eastern, two headed, pygmy. And we got TWO hybrids which we don't get often enough. It's nice to see the other variants getting some attention.

I love this realease.

Edited by blockEdragon

*sees Cloudplume* SO FLUFFY!

I think the pillows have competition now for whose the fluffiest.

Despite that, I think the Jester is my favorite (I like the color pallet)

I thought the Labradorites look like they're throwing lassos - so I paired them with Horse dragons 😄

1758973626_lineagehorselabradorite.png.7b49db859179a9753a78e56c6304d6c1.png

Edited by Laura-Borealis

29 minutes ago, Cowfish249 said:

Vibe! I thought the same thing later on due to the whole white dragon overlap LOL

No idea is anyone else made any yet, but here are the two lazy mocs I made:

Thank you! Of the mock-ups that have been done, those two combinations are my favorite (with the white and Amalthean the same gender)! Totally going to be working on those two! XD 

2 hours ago, spatio said:

unknown.png

I love these dragons so much. Their eggs remind me of really nice marbles.

And the S1 hatchlings reminded me of the creature, Alien. This sketch furthers gives me that vibe. And I love it!

Aaah. I love them all, but the Amalthean is my fave. Unicorn dragons. 😍

I grabbed two of my little seed gremlins from the jungle and desert thinking the desert = hot = red, lol. I'll just have to grab two more greens  when its time to grab more of them and influence them male since both will be female.

I'm very curious- how far in advance/how long ago did you spriters begin the art/plan for the birthday release?

Well, although I was catching eggs a few days ago, I managed to completely miss this!

Happy birthday, and many more :)

I think I've found a glitch.  Sopa eggs do not appear to be dropping in coast as reported at the beginning of event. 

At first I thought it was just my bad luck this past day hunting for them in coast and not seeing any.  So this afternoon I started searching the hatcheries to see if anyone else caught them in coast.  All I saw, from eggs to mature hatchlings, were from forest and jungle.  Seems very strange to not have an aquatic breed appearing in coast biome.  

Edited by Dracaena

5 minutes ago, Dracaena said:

I think I've found a glitch.  Sopa eggs do not appear to be dropping in coast as reported at the beginning of event. 

At first I thought it was just my bad luck this past day hunting for them in coast and not seeing any.  So this afternoon I started searching the hatcheries to see if anyone else caught them in coast.  All I saw, from eggs to mature hatchlings, were from forest and jungle.  Seems very strange to not have an aquatic breed appearing in coast biome.  

This came up a few pages ago and a few people pointed out we haven't actually seen any evidence of them having ever dropped in the Coast (although there's no ruling out some people might have gotten some from the very first few minutes and reported them in some chat or another, of course). But you're right that it's a bit strange they're not dropping in the Coast, by their nature.

5 minutes ago, pinkgothic said:

This came up a few pages ago and a few people pointed out we haven't actually seen any evidence of them having ever dropped in the Coast (although there's no ruling out some people might have gotten some from the very first few minutes and reported them in some chat or another, of course). But you're right that it's a bit strange they're not dropping in the Coast, by their nature.

I always laugh at cheese dragons from the volcano!  I mean--how do they survive? :D Fondue!

20 minutes ago, Dracaena said:

At first I thought it was just my bad luck this past day hunting for them in coast and not seeing any.  So this afternoon I started searching the hatcheries to see if anyone else caught them in coast.  All I found, from eggs to mature hatchlings, were from forest and jungle.  Seems very strange to not have an aquatic breed appearing in coast biome.  

i've always taken the coast biome to mean oceanic coastline (much like how the desert biome specifically describes it as a hot desert). not all aquatic dragons belong in the coast; water exists in many, many places inland. ^^

11 minutes ago, Infinis said:

i've always taken the coast biome to mean oceanic coastline (much like how the desert biome specifically describes it as a hot desert). not all aquatic dragons belong in the coast; water exists in many, many places inland. ^^

River deltas meet the ocean somewhere along a coast.  A wide variety of creatures and salinity levels can be found.  But that really doesn't matter, what does matter is the question of whether Sopa dragons were intended to be on coast or the earlier biome information is in error.

^ That would be none of the above since they're sapo not sopa. XD (just kidding; I have no idea if they are in the coast.)

I have two jesters now. Happy Lagie is happy!

9 minutes ago, Dracaena said:

River deltas meet the ocean somewhere along a coast.  A wide variety of creatures and salinity levels can be found.  But that really doesn't matter, what does matter is the question of whether Sopa dragons were intended to be on coast or the earlier biome information is in error.

Sapo Dragons appear as intended, as far as I can tell.