MoonShark

Suggested Updates for Festival of Eggs Event

I support all of this! But the most important for me is an extending the time to 7 days. The opportunity to collect previous years eggs can be useful for someone too🥰

17 minutes ago, Fuzzbucket said:

I just can't see the need.

Well, mostly because:

36 minutes ago, MessengerDragon said:

...if you have a few busy days that happen to cluster around the event, hopefully you'll still have at least a couple days still available for catching.

I'd guess both school and university students would know at least one major reason for such clusters ;D

Hint: assignments!

I support all points 👍

6 hours ago, Corteo said:

I would suggest a dynamic timer that, as the time to finishes, gets shorter (to maybe no shorter than 2/3 minutes at the very end).  I would also support an extra day and backloading at the end with previous years.

That's an interesting alternative! I've updated the post to include that suggestion.

And thank you, everyone who has weighed in so far, for your responses. While I understand there are some who don't see the need for a longer time period for collection, I do agree with the point that was made that it doesn't affect game play at all, so...why not? That's the point of my suggestions here, to make it easier for everyone to participate. If you're done early, that's awesome! But if you need that extra day or three to finish, it would be helpful to have that option.

I don't mind 7 days personally, if it would help you :) only tried a compromise between 3 and 7 days...making this event any longer would help!!!

but well...it doesn't make sense if ToT is always 7 days long and FoE much shorter. It would be better even for me because I don't have to hurry with catching everything.

While I like all 3, I would prefer the second one to be optional (as in it's something you can do but you can opt out if you want.)

100% support on all three ideas. I was only able to catch 9 eggs this year. I'm a university student working full-time in healthcare, so I've been pretty busy since the pandemic hit the US. I understand that not everyone needs a week and I envy their egg hunting skills, but some of us would greatly appreciate it. Not everyone is able to consistently refresh every few minutes. The event would be more fun if everyone could participate and appreciate the artists' amazing work, right?

Full support to this entire thread. I had little time to come online the past few days because of college work, so it would be nice if we did have more days and/or less time between eggs.

100% support to any/all of the suggestions in this thread.  I'd love a longer timeframe and also any chance to pick up the (megatons) of eggs that I have missed. 

I support this, especially two and three. Would love to be able to collect past eggs and banners. 

A 7 day event would make more sense if you're allowed to collect past year's too. And for those of us who finish early, it doesn't affect us - as finishing early in the 3 day event does now. I've missed past eggs because it's only 3 days, wouldn't mind it increasing. 

I was working during the 3 days of the event this year and when I get home I don't really have 6 free hours to sit down and refresh for eggs. A week is reasonable, gives a chance for people who work and/or go to school to participate within a more relaxed timeframe, and is consistent with Halloween treat collecting - would really appreciate the extension.

For the people who are against the week long suggestion:

The reason for the week long FoE is to match the week long we get for Halloween's ToT. As I mentioned before, we had similar numbers of treats to pick up last year in twice the time than we did for this year's Festival of Eggs.

It doesn't really make much sense having two similar collecting events in the game with a difference in how long the events lasts.

I support all of these ideas. 

I especially like the idea of making it possible to catch past years' offerings. 2018 I was sick. I caught two eggs, then slept through the rest of the event. I would really like to get a second chance. I'm sure I am not the only one who has missed some.

I think most folks are busy around the holidays. I don't see any problem with extending the collection time.

I fully agree with everything here.

Seven days brings it in line with ToT and all the other week-long events on the site. It allows time for people busy with work or holiday celebrations or whatever to get their eggs, and doesn't hurt anyone who collects them within the first day.

Dropping eggs from past events makes up for those times someone didn't collect them all. For my first ToT AND FoE, I had no idea what was going on, and based on my baskets, I clearly got online to check eggs, clicked one or two treats, and then missed the rest of the event. Those lonely eggs/treats haunt me at the top of my baskets each year. Besides, it would be something fun for those who collect the new batch of eggs/treats within the first day.

And shorter (or dynamic, I'm happy with either) drop times give even more help to those who can't be online all week.

These events should be fun, not added stress.

11 hours ago, Corteo said:

I would suggest a dynamic timer that, as the time to finishes, gets shorter (to maybe no shorter than 2/3 minutes at the very end).  I would also support an extra day and backloading at the end with previous years.

This is absolutely what I've wanted to see. The timer picking up closer or even just on the final day, so that those coming in late can still get by.

You know what we need to help spreed the word about this suggestion Signature Links after all the more people who see this thread the better our chances of having this happen ya know :D

I support one and two, wouldn't mind part 3 either. If a person has time to finish on day 1 it doesn't matter to them if the event lasts 3 days or 7 since there's no visible difference, but for the busy or infrequent players 7 would definitely be helpful.

Regarding catch-up eggs, I understand that options are good but I don't believe TJ will implement any options for them: it'll be likely all or nothing. I know he's chosen to allow "uncomfortable" treats since people can adblock them and that'd probably be his reasoning for letting people deal with years' worth of eggs at a time if he ever does re-release them.

Several X-mas badges and games came back, so old badges aren't totally exclusive anymore and eggs/treats don't need to be IMO.

I would support extending the event for a week. I usually don't have any trouble getting all the eggs in three days, but other people do. And extending the event doesn't take anything away from people who collect quickly. I don't really have anything against shortening the drop time, but if the event is extended it seems a little redundant. I don't know if both the extension and a shortened drop time would be necessary.

It would be nice to have old eggs become available after the new ones are found. I have been here for every Festival, but there are many newer users who never got to see the older artwork.

I remember years ago there was a glitch that affected the Festival of Eggs. I had found all of the eggs, but then the glitch erased data, and almost half my eggs were lost. TJ extended the time so people could recatch the eggs they had lost, but I wasn't able to get online then, and I only got a couple back. It would be really nice if they became available again.

i support all the suggested ideas. even with a open 3 day schedule to find eggs i still find myself stress fully staying up to collect, because i didint want to look back on a year, missing eggs i would have really loved. pretty sure i missed some TOT catches one year and still bummed about it. iam also missing eggs only because i arrived a few years after the theme was started.

i also throw in the recommendation to have the current years banner shown, despite it being someones first year collecting. people like collecting the banners just as much as the eggs. 😁

Support here. I totally forgot about Easter, and than only had two days to collect the eggs and had spawning issues. Would have loved more time. I only was able to collect 42.

I believe I e managed every year still,  but 60 in 3 days is crazy when you have to work 10+ hour shifts all three days. Which is my normal schedule now, never mind all the overtime.  When this event started we only had (I'll have to go check) 23? Compared to 94 for the first ToT. So less time worked. Both events now run similar numbers and I highly agree the time should be extended.

I also see no reason people should not be able to try for ones they've missed. At least one of this years artists didn't even get their own egg, how much does that suck? I also like that it would finally end the banner issue.  It is so stupid that people cant have the banner from their first year "because there is nothing to separate". Each banner is released with a set of eggs they should be given to anyone that has at least one regardless of collecting previous ones.

Edit: looks like it was 53 the first year. O.o

Edited by DragonLady86

I've missed lots of them before, managed to remember to sit down and grind them out this time but that's a rarity. I'd love a catch up as well, lots of my early ones are just a small smattering of eggs. 

I'd love to finally resolve having only TWO eggs from the first time I played. I had no idea what I was doing and had opted not to continue out of confusion and boredom. 

Having all three suggestions - drops being 5 minutes. like the ingredients for the potion game and for the cooking game being a reliably every 5 min after you picked up the last one; the total time extended to a week like the Halloween trick or treat (since they have similar amounts of items to get now); and once you completed that year then getting a chance to collect the previous years until the week is over - sounds perfectly grand to me!

Some might need to continue collecting the previous years eggs every Easter for a couple years until they've completed the ones they missed (old timers) or got a chance to do years they weren't there for (newcomers) so it's not like it's going to be a one-time only thing. And if it continues for the next Easter holidays in the future, then any newcomer still gets a chance to benefit even if they just didn't join before that time, through simply no fault of their own or anybody else's. 

I'm not sure how easy it would be to code in speeding up drops the closer you get to the end of the event, but if there was a full week, that may not be necessary at all. However, having every 5 minutes from when you picked up the most recent egg, and having that be more reliable, in conjunction with the full week, would eliminate the need for speeding up the drops. 

14 hours ago, Fuzzbucket said:

Don't get me wrong - I don't care. I just can't see the need.

Same here.

It won't affect me either way, but honestly the whole 'it won't affect you so why be against it' could really be applied to anything and everything. Why a week for ToT, why not two weeks or even the full month of October? All of the holiday mini-games only last a short while, and I have no doubt there are some people who aren't able to play those in the timeframe too. So, lengthen those times too? I'm not trying to be argumentative or snotty about this, really, just pointing out that every event has a specific length of time and regardless of what that length is there will still be people who miss it (and post about missing it and wishing it were longer). 

(Also, expressing the belief that 7 days is too long is no less valid just because some of us can get them all currently. Regardless of whether it will 'affect' us, we still have opinions.)

I am 100% into the idea of a dynamic timer that decreases the cooldown times as it gets closer to the end. To me that actually sounds better than anything else. (Also, YES to banners for the first year of participation! We've had some awesome banners over the years and it really seems unfair that someone who actually participates in collecting the eggs doesn't get the banner that goes along with it just because it's their first year.)

My usually schedule might have allowed for the full collections this year (2020) but that schedule is all messed up right now and family been asking for this and that during this time, kinda of annoying me a little and their distractions cause me to forget about other things, messing me up this year.  Most other sites I'm on seem to have their Easter events  for about a week or longer or at least a shorter cool-down period.

I can also see school situation/work getting in the way (that happen for me a few time too) especially when they don't let you use your cell during  that time at all and add to that problem their is also a timezone  difference  to contend with (it's -5 to -6 hours for me) which I also get mixed up with other site's timezone offsets.

Edited by dragongirl02