MoonShark

Suggested Updates for Festival of Eggs Event

Support for all 3 points on the original post.

I am not active like I once was, but do return for the events. I start with good intentions every Easter, but real life doesn't let me sit for hours refreshing (and the number to collect has increased a lot!), as well as my hatred of having an incomplete collection means I am discouraged from even trying.

Huge support. I work weekends, and long weekends tend to be extra busy for me. So being able to find the time to collect the eggs is incredibly difficult! Shorter intervals is great, but extending is even better because then there is bound to be a day those who work during the holidays have a day off!

Full support, though I have zero faith that anything will get done for some of these actual good suggestions. Half the time these things get buried, or worse, talked about for years until those people who love the suggestion just stop playing this game. Sigh.

1 hour ago, XiziX said:

Full support, though I have zero faith that anything will get done for some of these actual good suggestions. Half the time these things get buried, or worse, talked about for years until those people who love the suggestion just stop playing this game. Sigh.

I mean, it is obvious not everything will get implemented but that is sadly true. Wish things was given a yes/no more often so people would either move on or maybe come up with a better idea that may get support. Not just leaving it hanging in the air with nothing at all said.

Edit: I also recall, this is the second topic on this subject and there was support for both each time.

Edited by demonicvampiregirl

Well, if we had 7 days, there will be no challenge in collecting all the eggs for most people. There are like 60 eggs for a reason, it’s supposed to make it challenging. I mean, of course more time would benefit, but not a whole 7 days.  I completely disagree for the second point, yes, there is no effect on the gameplay, but as I said. I think it makes the gameplay of collecting the eggs too easy. If you miss it, that’s over. Unless you mean that after you collected all for this year, then maybe you found some that were left from last year’s egg hunt and never picked up, instead of all the years before (because that’s not very fair to people who have played for so long, they deserve to have those eggs). How would you monitor the fact that it would be optional for users? Is there a button selection? 

Honestly I know that this would be disagreed but I think for option 3 it should be the opposite. Imagine you’re in an egg hunt, the last ones are always the hardest to find, right? If it makes it easier it sounds wrong. 

And I suggest more eggs for Halloween Trick or Treat than Festival of Eggs because of the timeframe of course. But if we change Festival of Eggs to 7 days it’s basically the same as Halloween but with more eggs/eggs as the theme. That’s an overlap on events. 

I mean.. is it challenging, though? they're not hard to find, there is no skill involved, it's literally just a time commitment -- and one with an equivalent event at Halloween that does have a full 7 days. Is trick or treat supposed to be difficult?

I don’t think having it be a challenge is the goal. I’ve always thought of FoE (and ToT) to be this fun little thing with cool sprites, a relaxed and laid-back event to appreciate the eggs (and treats for ToT!), and that’s it. No challenge, just a fun little event. So it makes perfect sense to have both the time extended, and old eggs be available for more people to see all the wonderful eggs.

26 minutes ago, KrazyKarp said:

I don’t think having it be a challenge is the goal. I’ve always thought of FoE (and ToT) to be this fun little thing with cool sprites, a relaxed and laid-back event to appreciate the eggs (and treats for ToT!), and that’s it. No challenge, just a fun little event. So it makes perfect sense to have both the time extended, and old eggs be available for more people to see all the wonderful eggs.

^this. It is supposed to be less of a hassle  or more. 

I don't think that gathering the eggs should have to be a challenge. I think it is just a fun little collection activity and if it is frustrating for a lot of people as it is, then I think the time should be extended.

Full support. I miss out on doing FoE fully because the time frame is so short, and I would love to be able to collect tons of eggs and eggs that I've missed next year. :)