Jump to content
TJ09

2018-12-25 - Happy Holidays!

Recommended Posts

On 12/24/2018 at 10:27 PM, Syiren said:

right click and they rotate. I discovered that by happy accident. :D

 

 

Edited by blackdragon71
Taking it to the Help Forum

Share this post


Link to post
3 minutes ago, offensivetitles said:

The Snow Wars game is really cool! Also I had no idea the new eggs would only be out for 3 days so I totally missed it oh well lol

Watch the AP. Some people have caught and abandoned some for latecomers. You might get lucky and see one. I have seen several, but am at my limit and can't catch any more. They tend to sit there a bit longer than the bred eggs because not everyone is able to grab them.

Share this post


Link to post
5 minutes ago, purplehaze said:

Watch the AP. Some people have caught and abandoned some for latecomers. You might get lucky and see one. I have seen several, but am at my limit and can't catch any more. They tend to sit there a bit longer than the bred eggs because not everyone is able to grab them.

I will keep an eye out! Thanks!

Share this post


Link to post
21 minutes ago, DaughtersOfCirce said:

 

THIS.

 

Apparently I've ticked off some people and their little friends, so in revenge they are targeting me every chance they get and have from the beginning.

 

At this point, I know it's not random and is very deliberate. What a passive-aggressive form of vengeance. So much for Christmas spirit.

 

 

Which really takes away from the fun of the game. It wasn't even this bad for me in the last version of snow wars.

 

 

So I just deleted everything and am not gonna bother decorating until the last few hours of the game.

I don't have the resources, time, or energy to keep re-doing/re-building the entire thing.

 

 

Maybe other people enjoy having hours of work demolished in seconds and having to start over again pretty much from scratch, but I do not. And I don't really like destroying the work of others' just to level up either.

 

But since any opinion that isn't overtly positive and effusive with praise is unwanted and immediately attacked, i'm just gonna leave it at this and step away from snow wars.

 

 

Hopefully next year we'll get a puzzle game or another Valkemarian tales or something less given to such obvious pettiness.

How petty of them. That's no way to celebrate this event. 

I'm sorry that this happened to you. Though attacking other's forts is the point to getting more resources, persistent attacks of revenge is immature. Even when my fort gets attacked, it's so little that I don't feel bothered and normally just less than three a day.

 

So even if feel drained of my resources to repair my things, I can't imagine what you would have to go through. Perhaps soon or maybe even next time if the creators bring back this event, I hope we can purchase as many decorations as we want and have it stored in an inventory and to either increase the rate of resources that come or lessen the price of repairs. Better yet, I wish we could have the resources appear in a separate place, perhaps a separate window box-ish place or an under bar. 

Share this post


Link to post

The adult Starsingers are amazing!! I love them so much! Kudos to the spriters and to TJ for this holidays' event!

 

Now that I get a chance to play Snow Wars the oft-lauded game in the forums... I'm honestly not sure what they hype is? Maybe I'm terrible at the game but it feels very... mind-numbingly repetitious to try to attack others and get no visible results at all and not level up. Even with a snow cannon I only got to like level 2. Eh. Oh well.

 

I can't wait for a game like the 2016 Valentine's day where you get to see the little trinkets you collected even after it (not to mention the cute adventure!) Or the amazing 2016 holiday game where you could travel Valkemare and go to another summery place, and decorate your house at the end and save an image of it! <3

 

Can't wait to see what Valentine's day brings next year. :)

 

Have a happy end of the old year and a hopefully-lucky and blessed new year, everybody!

Share this post


Link to post

Grrrr.  Accidentally destroyed a Mana crystal that had spawned in the perfect place trying to repair the wall behind it. :dry:

Share this post


Link to post

I do enjoy Snow Wars more than the RPG or narrative-driven events we've had. Normally I'm the opposite in terms of gameplay vs story, but there's just something about the act of creating that I prefer. :)

 

Kudos to the artists and to TJ. Ignore the blatant haters.

Share this post


Link to post
32 minutes ago, Indigo_Dragon said:

The adult Starsingers are amazing!! I love them so much! Kudos to the spriters and to TJ for this holidays' event!

 

Now that I get a chance to play Snow Wars the oft-lauded game in the forums... I'm honestly not sure what they hype is? Maybe I'm terrible at the game but it feels very... mind-numbingly repetitious to try to attack others and get no visible results at all and not level up. Even with a snow cannon I only got to like level 2. Eh. Oh well.

 

I can't wait for a game like the 2016 Valentine's day where you get to see the little trinkets you collected even after it (not to mention the cute adventure!) Or the amazing 2016 holiday game where you could travel Valkemare and go to another summery place, and decorate your house at the end and save an image of it! ❤️

 

Can't wait to see what Valentine's day brings next year. :)

 

Have a happy end of the old year and a hopefully-lucky and blessed new year, everybody!

If the item you are attacking has a health bar and/or your cannon doesn't require an hour cool-down you didn't hit anything.  the item was already destroyed and thus not worth xp. 

Share this post


Link to post

Remember that you get substantial amounts of EXP for repairing.  This spawns resources as you level, and will continue to do so once you are past 50.  I just repaired my entire fort, and I came out ahead on all my resources by opening the gifts received because I leveled multiple times doing so.

Share this post


Link to post
On 12/27/2018 at 3:23 PM, Kiwiana said:

I am tired of having my pretty scenery destroyed and not enough recources to repair. Can it be stopped at some time for level 50 forts please, so we can decorate in peace...

 

1 hour ago, DaughtersOfCirce said:

 

THIS.

 

Apparently I've ticked off some people and their little friends, so in revenge they are targeting me every chance they get and have from the beginning.

 

At this point, I know it's not random and is very deliberate. What a passive-aggressive form of vengeance. So much for Christmas spirit.

 

 

Which really takes away from the fun of the game. It wasn't even this bad for me in the last version of snow wars.

 

 

So I just deleted everything and am not gonna bother decorating until the last few hours of the game.

I don't have the resources, time, or energy to keep re-doing/re-building the entire thing.

 

 

Maybe other people enjoy having hours of work demolished in seconds and having to start over again pretty much from scratch, but I do not. And I don't really like destroying the work of others' just to level up either.

 

But since any opinion that isn't overtly positive and effusive with praise is unwanted and immediately attacked, i'm just gonna leave it at this and step away from snow wars.

 

 

Hopefully next year we'll get a puzzle game or another Valkemarian tales or something less given to such obvious pettiness.

 

You might be interested in this, and I'm sorry those guys ruined the game for you. That sucks.

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, DaughtersOfCirce said:

 

THIS.

 

Apparently I've ticked off some people and their little friends, so in revenge they are targeting me every chance they get and have from the beginning.

 

At this point, I know it's not random and is very deliberate. What a passive-aggressive form of vengeance. So much for Christmas spirit.

 

 

Which really takes away from the fun of the game. It wasn't even this bad for me in the last version of snow wars.

 

 

So I just deleted everything and am not gonna bother decorating until the last few hours of the game.

I don't have the resources, time, or energy to keep re-doing/re-building the entire thing.

 

 

Maybe other people enjoy having hours of work demolished in seconds and having to start over again pretty much from scratch, but I do not. And I don't really like destroying the work of others' just to level up either.

 

But since any opinion that isn't overtly positive and effusive with praise is unwanted and immediately attacked, i'm just gonna leave it at this and step away from snow wars.

 

 

Hopefully next year we'll get a puzzle game or another Valkemarian tales or something less given to such obvious pettiness.

 

Maybe next year an option could be given to "fog the fort," so that people who don't want their fort to get bombed can build quietly in peace. They wouldn't be able to make as cool a fort as the people who took the pounding, because that's how you get XP and level up. The people who kept snowballing you were actually helping you, counterintuitive though it may seem. But personally, I found the controls to continually repair things too cumbersome and gave up. I kept clicking in the wrong place. To each his own, it's a nice game, it's just not for my phone. 🙂

 

Share this post


Link to post

it's easier to just not repair anything.  pick up resources but wait and repair/finish building toward the end when and don't worry about wasting resources on repairs.

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, DragonNeko said:

BEWARE MY PENGUIN ARMY! WE SHALL SHOW NO MERCY!! *laughs evilly*

 

image.png.86f3e913072f924f089d3f73626d3ed0.png

 

Omg what an amazing penguin army! They look so cool... I can imagine walking up and seeing a row of penguins, okay that's nice... And then more... And then more... Oh crap! lol

 

AP is ER-timed now and hatcheries are overflowing, goodness. I'm having fun picking at what's still in the AP, though not finding many messies. Can't seem to click on an Aegis to save my life today!

Share this post


Link to post
11 minutes ago, HeatherMarie said:

 

Omg what an amazing penguin army! They look so cool... I can imagine walking up and seeing a row of penguins, okay that's nice... And then more... And then more... Oh crap! lol

 

AP is ER-timed now and hatcheries are overflowing, goodness. I'm having fun picking at what's still in the AP, though not finding many messies. Can't seem to click on an Aegis to save my life today!

 

I know what you mean, I was looking for a little messy Snow Angel to freeze and kept throwing perfect good even gens back in.

 

I finally decide to keep one of the 3gen to freeze since the adult snow angels were the more white wing ones and my snow angels adult are tri colored, so I was going to ruin it anyway. XD

Share this post


Link to post

This year's holiday dragons are sooo beautiful! The name! The palette! The wings! And that little energy orb between the horns!

Just wondrous! Thank you TJ, and happy new year!

Share this post


Link to post

 I like my maze fort. :) I haven't decided what to do with my "castle" yet though. I threw some weapons and Claudius in there for now, but I don't want to keep it that way.

Screen Shot 2018-12-28 at 11.04.47 PM.png

Share this post


Link to post

oh no... i was so set on garland/floral crowned lineage, but I have a feeling these guys are going to look great with garlands *-*

 

Garlands are still my favorite but these guys managed to come very, very close. Their front limbs look a little nubby on the adults, but thinking on it that may actually be intended and it doesn't detract from these guys at all.

 

With all the tweaks, Snow Wars has been a blast - definitely enjoying this holiday season more than last years! I kinda hope Snow Wars will come back soon. 

Share this post


Link to post
4 minutes ago, Alrexwolf said:

oh no... i was so set on garland/floral crowned lineage, but I have a feeling these guys are going to look great with garlands *-*

 

Garlands are still my favorite but these guys managed to come very, very close. Their front limbs look a little nubby on the adults, but thinking on it that may actually be intended and it doesn't detract from these guys at all.

 

With all the tweaks, Snow Wars has been a blast - definitely enjoying this holiday season more than last years! I kinda hope Snow Wars will come back soon. 

 

They are both female sadly. :(

Share this post


Link to post

Wow, that Starsinger dragon is gorgeous! Kudos to the spriters!

 

So I went a bit overboard with the chess pieces & put the squares all over my fort. 🤣 I discovered that once I kept leveling up, the presents didn't appear on my fort. After I took away some squares, the presents appeared.

 

My question: if one can place decorations/other stuff on top of the squares, I wonder, is there some way to get the presents/resources to be on top of the squares as well?

image-2018-12-29.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
4 hours ago, DaughtersOfCirce said:

Apparently I've ticked off some people and their little friends, so in revenge they are targeting me every chance they get and have from the beginning.

 

At this point, I know it's not random and is very deliberate. What a passive-aggressive form of vengeance. So much for Christmas spirit.

What makes you so sure someone rallied up a gang to keep checking on your fort to undo repairs? Sounds like you're being paranoid over unlucky RNG. :huh: Did someone PM you saying "I hate you and will destroy everything you build"? Or is your stuff just getting attacked more often than you'd like? Because if you kept fixing your broken walls, that only makes your fort very attractive to people looking for EXP. I don't know about everyone else, but I'm way more likely to attack a repaired fort than one with almost nothing left, it's more lucrative and doesn't feel mean. Probably since your fort always had something to attack until you deleted, it was always in the "random fort" list and always encounterable, and people who encountered it attacked it because there was a lot of stuff to plunder.

Share this post


Link to post

Woah, people had loads of fun destroying mine. D:<

nooooooo.PNG.1044ab4ddf254dc97d4c138507ee74b1.PNG

 

I repaired everything and I think I'm mostly finished. (idk if it's too cluttered) 

yasssss.PNG.fa8d12afc994154bc9955485160873be.PNG

Edited by Melancholiance

Share this post


Link to post

Loving the color palette on the new Holiday dragons! They go well with so many breeds. :wub: Especially like the combo x Blusang.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.