TJ09

2018-12-25 - Happy Holidays!

5 minutes ago, meruru said:

how do you guys connect the bridge to the path? mine doesn't seem to work and i'd hate to leave an open gap :l

I'm having the same issue. I'd use a bridge if it didn't mean a gap in the path.

38 minutes ago, WildMagnolia said:

I'm getting worried that the nonholidays I bred on the 26th will die waiting for someone to get them.

If you bred them on the 26th they should be around 4 days right now, so they have plenty of time. I very much doubt the AP wall will last 4 more days!

I've pretty much given up on continuing to repair all the fort damage... I'd love to have that 'truce' period to tidy things up a bit and claim all the resources I don't want to stay. With the fort so damaged it's nearly impossible to even *see* the resources!

13 minutes ago, keijaidyyn said:

Well, guess I get to sit here with an incomplete build since somebody decided to blow up my forest and I can't be bothered to fix it so I can see what I'm doing to finish building. I literally cannot see the trees anymore for the damage bars. Can we PLEASE have an option to repair all or to just not be attacked at all? 

I also would really appreciate the "repair all" option! Because of the stacking, I have to move my fort pieces around each time just to repair the walls and decorations in the back. And if the gumdrop bits get broken, they cannot be seen on the top to be repaired at all so everything in front of them must be moved first. :(

I don't mind that my fort keeps getting damaged. That's the whole point of the game and I get it. And I love all of the new pieces that they've added so that we can make it much more varied and colorful as compared to 2013. I just wish it was easier to repair each time.
(also wish there was a way to rotate the playing field that we build on-but I get that that would probably be much too difficult to implement)

with the ap seemingly ticking closer to the holiday end, i have to wonder if we'll get a new egg wall like last year with the garlands and how long that might last

I just spent 20 minutes fixing everything, and BARELY had enough stone to do so. Why is stone so hard to get?? UGH!

NEW EGG WALL!! (well, nearly)

This may last for a bit if most of the people in the AP right now already have their 2.

Edited by HeatherMarie

All new eggs! Where are all the people who missed the drop? We need them to clear this out for us!

The one thing I hate about the Christmas/Valentines releases are the sheer number of eggs that end up on the AP. I understand people being nice and dropping them for those who missed the drop, but I feel it ends up doing more harm than good.

Ah well, least TJ lifted the limit on past breeds allowing everyone to help clear those walls when they show up.

Edited by ShorahNagi

I wish we could take more than 2. They look so tempting on the AP 😢 

how do you go look at other peoples' forts?

All my crap is broken again! I JUST fixed it!! *screams*

Edited by DragonNeko

1 hour ago, TJ09 said:

Your fort will appear as you see it when you click "Edit Fort" (minus damage). This includes all resources that are on the ground—and many people are in fact intentionally leaving them around as decorations.

Good to know - thanks.  I'll set my alarm clock a few minutes before this event ends to clear out anything I don't want locked in permanently.

I don't like these dragons as much as I thought I would-- from the S2 I thought they were going to have a hint of ancient Egypt design like the Caligenes-- but they're ok =P I find the gem on the chest a little hard to distinguish and those front arms are incredibly small. Move over red Zyumorph, these are the true T-rexes. I almost wonder if they were intended to be a wyvern at first; we haven't had a single holiday wyvern yet.

Christmas dragons have never been my top favorites though, so I'm fine with being just okay about these. I probably like them the most of the holiday releases this year. The blue on the wings is nice and I like the aurochs styled horns.

Edited by Nine

Just now, Nine said:

and those front arms are incredibly small.

Air guitar, though! Can't argue with that. ^_~ (Wyvern holidays would be awesome!)

They don't work as well on the Portal 2 skin as on the default skin (there, the glow from their crystals overwhelms the sprite and makes it spikey, IMO), so they're not my favourites, either, but I gotta say, there's a lot of amazing craftsmanship in the sprite. Even just the detailed patterns on their sides! And the cream colour is a really nice change. Thanks, spriters!

2 minutes ago, DaughtersOfCirce said:

Drat!

Guess I won't be getting the last Snow egg/hatch (holiday '16) that I needed for freezing.

Gonna have to wait till next year, I suppose. :dry:

I would keep watching the ap, there should be a wall of holiday hatchies being the wall of new eggs.

1 hour ago, meruru said:

how do you guys connect the bridge to the path? mine doesn't seem to work and i'd hate to leave an open gap :l

I used chess flats for my path. They work with the bridge.

48 minutes ago, jis99 said:

When does Snow Wars end?

Dec 31st, 11:59:59 p.m. Cave Time (Eastern)

Edited by Lagie

1 minute ago, Lagie said:

I used chess flats for my path. They work with the bridge.

Dec 31st, 11:59:59 p.m.

I've seen people able to connect the path to bridges without using chess floor, I don't know if there's a trick to it

6 minutes ago, meruru said:

I've seen people able to connect the path to bridges without using chess floor, I don't know if there's a trick to it

Maybe if you rotate it? I only tried straight on left to right.

19 minutes ago, pinkgothic said:

Air guitar, though! Can't argue with that. ^_~

By god, you're right! They are playing air guitar! My liking of a dragon breed is directly proportional to how many silly things I can photoshop them doing (shoutout to Sapphires and Tatterdrakes), so this is quite the discovery.

I'm very happy now that I see them as the 'rocking out while listening to ipod' dragon.

Thank you!

14 minutes ago, Lagie said:

Dec 31st, 11:59:59 p.m. Cave Time (Eastern)

9 minutes ago, Nine said:

By god, you're right! They are playing air guitar! My liking of a dragon breed is directly proportional to how many silly things I can photoshop them doing (shoutout to Sapphires and Tatterdrakes), so this is quite the discovery.

I'm very happy now that I see them as the 'rocking out while listening to ipod' dragon.

I would love to see that XD