TJ09

2018-10-31 - Happy Halloween!

5 minutes ago, Shokomon said:

Thank you TJ, spriters, and event writers for the wonder event and eggs!

HAPPY HALLOWEEN!

And also, because I was bored and POTATOES:

1zybypl.jpg

http://i68.tinypic.com/1zybypl.jpg

axzqd2.jpg

http://i67.tinypic.com/axzqd2.jpg

(Forgive my really quicky potatoes.]

Hah I love this! 

I just realized that I forget to breed myself my favorite pairing (2G Omen x F Hellfire) this year. I used up my last male Omen a few days ago without even thinking about what I was doing. I'm kind of sad that I have to wait until next year now. At least I learned my lesson: don't forget to double check my holiday notes before breeding XD

But on a happier note, I'm glad to see that we have hatchlings! The colors are interesting. I can't wait to see the adults.

Edited by The Dragoness

Omigosh I got my first ever Zombie after playing since- what... 2009? (I don't even know when I joined, lol, opps.) I'm so excited!!! Like- it's wrong to kill dragons but I just wanted zombies, dammit. x'D Glad I remembered the ratings go up majorly on Halloween since I just egg locked myself, have to use the last hour of the event wisely.

EDIT: Sadly my ONLY Zombie since i'm not allowed to kill anymore, but i'm still thrilled I got one- period lol.

Edited by AveryCF

Okay question.

Should I bite my older bred halloween eggs for Halloween Vamps?

Or should I just wait to get AP ones? 

Also, if you reset the event, does it reset your items?

It''s nice that we can go through the event again and pick up what  we missed, but a warning that 'start over' would reset all items collected in the previous run would have been nice! It came as an unpleasant surprise to me! :(

I can't decide, should I use up most of my pinks influencing the new babies, or do I save them for AP eggs?

4 minutes ago, MessengerDragon said:

It''s nice that we can go through the event again and pick up what  we missed, but a warning that 'start over' would reset all items collected in the previous run would have been nice! It came as an unpleasant surprise to me! :(

I’d think everyone would realize starting over means starting a new game, which includes starting with no items. Why would you start a new story with all the items already in your inventory? It makes the whole thing pointless if that were the case. 

Edited by Cecona

5 minutes ago, Tinibree said:

Reseting the event does reset your items, if you want halloween vamps, yes.

Good to know! Thank you! 

And DANGIT, my most experienced Vampires killed both their eggs, and my least experienced one got their successful turn chucked. WHY???

Oh well, someone will enjoy a Halloween Vampire.

Also, @Cinspawn, glad you like them!

7 minutes ago, Cecona said:

I’d think everyone would realize starting over means starting a new game, which includes starting with no items. Why would you start a new story with all the items already in your inventory? It makes the whole thing pointless if that were the case. 

Because I don't have ALL the items yet!

Does anyone know what the mutually exclusive choice was?

Because I remember from the old thread that someone got 23 at the end instead of 24, and I remember TJ saying there was a mutually exclusive choice.

Did anyone see that? 

I know I've got all the items, but I don't know what changed in my game to cause it. I only played once. 

Has the reference guide for the TOT treats been posted yet?  Because I recognize the Weeping Angel, the Plague Doctor, Jacksepticeye and the 2 Pokemon references, and I think the first one is Over the Garden Wall.  And I'm not certain, but I'm thinking the spider might be Lucas the Spider.  But if any of the others are a direct reference to anything, then they're going right over my head.

Not to slight any of the spriters, because they're all great, I think my favorites are the ones Mewtie did. I LOVE squirrels, and that little dragon plushie is adorable! 

Hmmm.  Has anyone thought to turn Pumpkin from Steven Universe into a Treat sometime?  Or would that risk copyright issues? 

Only managed to get ONE new zombie this year. All my dragons avoided my attacks, and the very few that didn't, disintegrated... Oh well...

Ah, I managed to get the whole guardian life stone and that death thing but didn't get to experience the whole event. I was even speed reading and from what I saw the story was pretty great. >3< Glad I still got the badge too. Anyways, it's still Halloween for me but the event is over for DC, thank you to everyone who helped me in my last minute arrival. I at least got to breed some of my previous years eggs and got two of this years, whew. I panicked the moment I realized I hadn't gotten on DC in awhile and it was Halloween, glad I got at least SOMETHING out of it. x'D (Not to mention my one, and first ever Zombie. Apparently I bred them back in 2013, wow! Well, they'll surely stick around longer now, lmfao.)

Edited by AveryCF

I ended up with 3 adult zombies and 6 hatchlings. I've never had that kind of luck but I'll definitely take it haha. This was such a good Halloween event; thanks so much to TJ and all spriters!

:( I didn't finish the event! Like I said earlier, I didn't expect existing items to get erased, and I ran out of time to redo the whole thing!

Darn! I meant to breed all my Omens in the last hour, but I got distracted and forgot. With only 3 minutes left I got three of them bred and sent 11 Omen eggs to the AP. Hopefully they will go to people who weren't able to get them before. I have seen very few in the AP up to now, which is why I meant to breed mine. Now I feel really bad about not doing it sooner.

I went to "Try again", it reset the whole inventory and ended mid-way through, so now I'm missing two totems, a bucket of water, the chess knight... and my chance to yell at a bear! :,(

11 hours ago, ShorahNagi said:

That was my thought when I saw the eggs (they reminded me of spider eyes) - though I'm not seeing any extra legs, I'm hoping these do have spider-like properties (though Archmage and Arcane have also been thrown around so maybe something magic...MAGIC SPIDERS!)

You know, the gems on the eggs *did* remind me of spider eyes. I reeeeeeeeally hope that's what we get! I would LOVE a spider dragon.....which is odd considering my fear of the creepy crawlies, but I would LOVE a spider dragon! 

Also, GAH!!!! OMG that was a marathon. I tried to breed all my remaining Halloween dragons. Out of 236 Halloween dragons I had to breed only 86 didn't get to this year. In one hour's time I call that impressive. Curse me for having to work and for feeling ill over the past three days, but I handled that last hour like a champ! :D And I paired all my CB's with some really awesome stuff. Hope you guys get to catch some of them. 

The event was fun! Thank you again TJ for letting us go back and pick up the goodies that we missed the first time. I collected all 49 treats this year and so far I have three CB new Halloween babies. To the spriter responsible for this egg, dude, (or dudette) you seriously are a legend! That is without a doubt my fav Halloween egg. I never thought anything would top the Grave egg, but congrats! You did it! I cannot wait to see these babies grow up.

It's 11pm eastern. Is it too late to try for zombies?

1 minute ago, Evangeline said:

It's 11pm eastern. Is it too late to try for zombies?

It's November the 1st by Dragon Cave time, if that's what you're asking. I have no idea about anything to do with zombies though.

You can try, but it is actually 12:10 eastern, so you have lost your Halloween advantage. If you already have dead dragons you have nothing to lose, but I wouldn't kill any now.

Yeah, I missed the Zombie window, first time ever. :( I guess it works out, I forgot to stockpile fodder this year. Next year!

Alas! I didn't have enough time for all the ToT this year. Man, I've just been so busy with work that I missed both Valentine's AND most of Halloween this year as well, not to mention all the releases inbetween.

Ah well, I'll try to do better for Christmas.