TJ09

2018-10-31 - Happy Halloween!

Thanks, Pilauli, I'll just hang in there and wait and see...

5 minutes ago, Husky51 said:

It is blowing me away at how slow my Eggs seem to be hatching...  Does anybody else notice this or is it just my imagine...?  My Eggs are all at 4D 9H and range in views from 293-345 and the rest in between...  It doesn't feel like this is normal...

Mine were that low too. I had to add them to a second hatchery and now they're in the 750 range with stage 1 cracks. It may just be that there aren't enough people looking at hatcheries now.

The hatching sequence is beautiful!

Do remember, if you are putting your eggs in hatcheries and the staying online for a while to set the viewer up to run while you're online!

Just now, HeartJacker13 said:

It would if you hatch the egg yourself. It won't stay if you just throw the egg back.

Okay, that good to know!

I won't be able to do for the first two eggs I got, but if I get any other ones, I will be able too. :D

Thanks, Jazeki, I'll go look for another hatcherie then...

Aw, it seems there isn't enough time to influence a lot of the 3d eggs anymore 😕

Edited by Arkee

It looks, Husky51, like your eggs need about another 9 hours before they'll be able to hatch, no matter how many views they get.  Therefore, they're well on their way to having enough views to hatch.  Try being patient.  If you leave them in a hatchery or two overnight, that should do it.  Once they reach 4 days 0 hours, most hatcheries will accept them into the "ER" section, where they'll get views much faster.  (You may need to manually add them to that section, though.)

If you haven't already, you could try putting your eggs in the Allure of Neglected Dragons and/or Valley Sherwood; that combination has, in a bit under an hour, given a non-ER egg over 100 views.  That should get your eggs hatched pretty much on schedule, I expect.

I don't know how much of this you already knew, so sorry if I'm explaining the obvious here.

Edit: Yes, Arkee, you ninja, it seems like it may be a losing battle.

Edited by Pilauli

Well... at least the dragons will live even if you might not be able to continue the lineage, and that is a good thing!

Edit: And once we get to 3+ days we will be able to do it. :D

Edited by Lady Dragoon

9 hours ago, Shokomon said:

Thanks for this!

I used monster spray. Twice apparently.

Did you give the scrufflus a potato? I can add it to the guide if you have that text.

I didn't take screenshots but it was something like "The monster swipes a claw at you, slicing the potato in two." RUN lol

Just now, Lady Dragoon said:

Well... at least the dragons will live even if you might not be able to continue the lineage, and that is a good thing!

Yep! I'm hatching some myself, will probably keep some when my growing stuff... grows up and will be spamming my sister with gifts of some of them, to try to get her to her next trophy :P

1 minute ago, Arkee said:

Yep! I'm hatching some myself, will probably keep some when my growing stuff... grows up and will be spamming my sister with gifts of some of them, to try to get her to her next trophy :P

Nice. :D

I might freeze if I get some very messy dragons, but right now I am just throwing them back in. (or also keep them once I actually have room)

50 minutes ago, Jazeki said:

Mine were that low too. I had to add them to a second hatchery and now they're in the 750 range with stage 1 cracks. It may just be that there aren't enough people looking at hatcheries now.

I've added a second hatcherie, so we will see how it goes for now...  Thank you, Jazeki

Love your scroll icon... :)

20 minutes ago, PaintdGryphon said:

This is my first time being growth locked LOL...I have 3 eggs. That's it. But 24 growing creatures ❤️ I'm happy!

I think on the Holidays are about the only time I am locked fully usually. :lol:

1 hour ago, Husky51 said:

I've added a second hatcherie, so we will see how it goes for now...  Thank you, Jazeki

Love your scroll icon... :)

You're welcome! Hope they grow a little faster. Mine have bigger cracks now. I'm glad I can see the hatching sequence since it isn't on the wiki.

(And thanks. He's an OC. Love your chobits icon, btw. )

Oof I missed the release -- turns out being in the airport and on planes for 24+ hours does have a significant drawback.

Man, I'm now regretting not filling up all 8 slots with the new halloweens, so many people who missed the drop that I want to gift to! (Unreasonable demand: An unlimited number of 'gifting' eggslots, the egg has to be off your scroll in 24 hours but you can have as many as you want in order to gift them.)

I would SO make massive use of "gifting slots" if they were a thing. I did multiple batches of abandoned new CBs, BTW, and I'm sure I'm not the only one, so people who missed out should keep an eye on the AP. They'll start showing up in a day or two, whenever we start seeing eggs bred/dropped on the 31st.

Speaking of which, is it just me or are the eggs way lower-time than usual at this stage? Why? Did everyone really just ignore the AP until the CBs were gone?

4 minutes ago, Lurhstaap said:

Speaking of which, is it just me or are the eggs way lower-time than usual at this stage? Why? Did everyone really just ignore the AP until the CBs were gone?

They are definitely lower time than usual. I think it is just that people are able to breed more and more of them every year. And with no limit on the number you can have they tend to multiply faster than any other holiday.

7 minutes ago, Lurhstaap said:

I would SO make massive use of "gifting slots" if they were a thing. I did multiple batches of abandoned new CBs, BTW, and I'm sure I'm not the only one, so people who missed out should keep an eye on the AP. They'll start showing up in a day or two, whenever we start seeing eggs bred/dropped on the 31st.

I would guess it's a combination of CBs being available, trading being an in-game feature now, and a high level of breeding, as every year there's one more dragon breed from the last year to add to the mix.

This may have been asked and answered, but were Omens supposed to be rarer than other Halloween dragons?

3 minutes ago, skauble said:

This may have been asked and answered, but were Omens supposed to be rarer than other Halloween dragons?

Sort of - the previous year's Halloween dragons are almost always going to be the rarest - the breeding pool is the smallest of the past Halloweens, so they'll crop up less often than others. (As for caveborns, the previous year is also likely to be the most popular, since the longer back a Halloween was released, the more chance people have had to catch up to the amount of those dragons they want.)

19 minutes ago, skauble said:

I would guess it's a combination of CBs being available, trading being an in-game feature now, and a high level of breeding, as every year there's one more dragon breed from the last year to add to the mix. 

I will add to what was said and mention that as they are newer and fewer people have that many, they are snapped up quicker.  Also, as they are newer, it seems that they are more likely to have decent lineages and so are more desirable.

*stares at the two ER eggs*

I kinda of want to keep you two and breed you together if you gender right.

(I should able too.... I got two hatching about to grow up so I can keep helping the ER eggs... Hm.)

Edited by Lady Dragoon

21 minutes ago, pinkgothic said:

Sort of - the previous year's Halloween dragons are almost always going to be the rarest - the breeding pool is the smallest of the past Halloweens, so they'll crop up less often than others. (As for caveborns, the previous year is also likely to be the most popular, since the longer back a Halloween was released, the more chance people have had to catch up to the amount of those dragons they want.)

7 minutes ago, Nectaris said:

I will add to what was said and mention that as they are newer and fewer people have that many, they are snapped up quicker.  Also, as they are newer, it seems that they are more likely to have decent lineages and so are more desirable.

Yeah, I figured there'd be way less of them than others in the AP, especially because so many people were planning on picking up nice starters for lineages. But I was hunting in the Halloween cave, and I grabbed a bunch of them over time so it's not like they weren't there, but even accounting for them being grabbed quickly the drops seemed to contain a lot less of them. So I wasn't sure if it was just a natural circumstance of player's habits or if it was an intentional thing about the breed.

@skauble if I remember right... when the Halloween biome was first introduced, people were complaining because it was a lot of the newest dragons and not many of the old, so supply wasn't meeting demand. It was even WORSE during Christmas / Valentines, because people couldn't even pick up the breeds they already had! So I'm pretty sure at one point TJ announced he'd fiddled with the ratios to make more of the older breeds drop (Hollies in particular were chaos to get, for obvious reasons). Maybe that's carried over to this year.