TJ09

2018-07-29 - July Dragon Release (Part 2)

9 minutes ago, Nightwalkerkey said:

Agreed. While I don't like it, it appears in our real lives too often. 

I'll breed them, because I don't always keep up with every dragons lore and I like them sprite wise.

AND , as I said... my headcanon is that the ones raised with humans and other dragons don't have quite the same tendencies.

I may not LIKE the behavior but that is all the more reason for me to hoard them and teach them better behavior.

14 minutes ago, Sirithiliel said:

hmm. Since a lot of breeds specifically state they're less intelligent, but in holiday events even the less intelligent dragons can speak and operate like a civilized being, i tend to think of dragons as human level intelligence, and all that involves. Which means, even in one breed, you're going to have smart dragons and less smart ones, just like in humans we're not all 100% the same in terms of knowledge or maturity

the breeds that specifically state they're more bestial and less intelligent are naturally like that to me xD

I think a big part of it is that a lot of breeds only give the most basic aspects of how they behave. Like... you have Aeons and Black Truffles and Razorcrests that really behave like intelligent creatures, but a lot of other dragons are "X likes to eat fish, it lives in X, it is very territorial." Which is important stuff, but also never ascends beyond "this is an animal doing animal things." 

I'm going to toot my own horn justtt a little, but for reference this is what one of my WIP dragon requests description is:

Hexatarex dragons are fierce pack predators that make their homes in the depths of flourishing jungles. While not the largest of dragons, their extremely social nature matched with their high intelligence and aggression makes for a lethal mix. So effective are they at killing that the group must be constantly on the move, roaming their vast forests perpetually to ensure they never fully exhaust any one area of prey. This hunting focused lifestyle has cultivated a rich culture within the breed, sustained by tales of hunts both factual and mythical and a firm belief that all the creatures they slay will reincarnate in new bodies, ready to join the great hunt once more. Unfortunately this conviction has left them with few qualms about eating sentient beings, and accordingly they are highly feared by all who live within their domain. Capable of running on two legs, all fours, or more often simply taking to rapid flight with their six short and powerful wings, escaping these agile hunters within the labyrinth of the overgrowth is nearly impossible once a victim is in their sight.

9 minutes ago, Nightwalkerkey said:

I'll breed them, because I don't always keep up with every dragons lore and I like them sprite wise.

AND , as I said... my headcanon is that the ones raised with humans and other dragons don't have quite the same tendencies.

I may not LIKE the behavior but that is all the more reason for me to hoard them and teach them better behavior.

1 minute ago, JavaTigress said:

Agreed. That's why I like raising Hellfires whenever I'm not locked with something else.

Oh... oh dear. I understand if you can never look at me the same way again, but...

Imagine a Greenie on a platform yelling “MAKE VALKEMARE GREEN AGAIN!!” 

4 hours ago, Cinspawn said:

Okay, so I'm trying to make the info as simple and accessible as possible, so I made a little graphic:

EFwIHL8.png

@Lantean_Pegasus

Thoughts on this? Thank you SO much for explaining by the way, Fuzzbucket and Lantean_Pegasus :) please let me know if I put the info in right (according to you).

@Fuzzbucket

So if I hatch my incubated egg at 3 d 17 h, it would hatch blue, right...? Or am I wrong..? I really want to be sure because I managed to nab one with a good code, and I want it to be blue to better complement said code, and since it's a code thing I only have one shot.

I believe green Siyats are something like workers for their colony, somebody's gotta do that job to support the entire group. I don't think they're significantly less intelligent than blues or purples, and probably not outright "social pariahs" either -- regular worker-class people aren't outcasts in our society, either. After all, the leaders need to have people (or dragons) to lead.

And I believe it's reasonable to think human-raised Siyat groups work a bit differently than the ones living in the wild, due to us humans influencing their lifestyles.

28 minutes ago, angelicdragonpuppy said:

Now I imagine that Purples undercook their eggs so they develop poorly just to get a pretty color, yet they’re so maniacal and power thirsty that they stay in charge anyway, just like the old inbred European kings. Ha. 

Now I’m curious, what do people consider the baseline intelligence of DC dragons to be? I tend to think of typical dragons as Smaug like, ie naturally very intelligent, but I feel like a lot of the dragons shown as being “intelligent” here are thought of by their makers as “border collie” sort of intelligence. Although of course you have some notable exceptions.

XD I can SEE this, actually. Especially if they inbreed on top of it. BUT As @Sirithiliel said, most likely the eggs we stole were going to be greens.

As for intelligence I guess always figured that they had an at least CLOSE to human level of intelligence if not equal?

19 minutes ago, Nightwalkerkey said:

I may not LIKE the behavior but that is all the more reason for me to hoard them and teach them better AND giving these lovely dragons a better life.

Edited by JavaTigress

1 minute ago, angelicdragonpuppy said:

Oh... oh dear. I understand if you can never look at me the same way again, but...

Imagine a Greenie on a platform yelling “MAKE VALKEMARE GREEN AGAIN!!” 

Aaaand I just snorted my chocolate milk, thanks! lol

I generally see dragon's intelligence as somewhat below humans but not by much, unless specifically stated otherwise in their description. Like, some dragons are stated to be on the more simple side of intelligence, but in general just from what these dragons can do and how they often socialize, it does seem they are higher up on the intelligence scale then many other animals.

39 minutes ago, Corteo said:

The Siyats have an extremely hierarchical society so I imagine that the purples won’t let the green and blue mothers incubate the egg long enough and would forcibly remove them. 

Maybe I wasn’t clear enough, but I wasn’t suggesting that this is canon. Simply one explanation as to why all of them aren’t purple.  🙂

“IF YOU’RE VIOLET YOU’RE A TYRANT”

”WE ARE A MEAN, GREEN REBELLION MACHINE!”

”WE WILL MAKE THEM RUE THE BLUE”

”MAKE VALKEMARE GREEN AGAIN”

“Rosebuds aren’t red,

but Violets are poo,

Kill them all dead,

OR THEY’LL TAKE YOUR BABIES TOO!”

3 minutes ago, Corteo said:

Maybe I wasn’t clear enough, but I wasn’t suggesting that this is canon. Simply one explanation as to why all of them aren’t purple.  🙂

Good to know that isn't hard and fast.

“Rosebuds aren’t red,

but Violets are poo,

Kill them all dead,

Beautiful

45 minutes ago, Corteo said:

The Siyats have an extremely hierarchical society so I imagine that the purples won’t let the green and blue mothers incubate the egg long enough and would forcibly remove them. 

WAT.

A dragon - a PRETTY dragon no less, with significant negative traits????!!! THIS MUST BE WITCHCRAFT

It’s too late now, Corteo.

THE WAR HAS BEGUN.

(I like Greens even more now and they were already my favorites :P)

2 minutes ago, angelicdragonpuppy said:

“Rosebuds aren’t red,

but Violets are poo,

Kill them all dead,

OMG. That, is pure gold. ❤️

THE WAR HAS BEGUN.

XD I can see people DELIBERATELY breeding ONLY greens, now. XD 

THE WAR HAS BEGUN.

lol!  Green army time!

1 minute ago, Sazandora said:

Then I'll build an army of blues and purples to match them. :P

You can try... but our army grows much faster, oh slow hatching ones   8 )

I have a bunch of unnamed random Sunsongs to sort and you can bet your Blusangs they’ll be working as mobile propaganda billboards for team green now.

You can try... but our army grows much faster, oh slow hatching ones   8 )

I have a bunch of unnamed random Sunsongs to sort and you can bet your Blusangs they’ll be working as mobile propaganda billboards for team green now.

Do I need to pick a side? XD

Just now, JavaTigress said:

1 minute ago, JavaTigress said:

IF YOURE NOT WITH US YOURE AGAINST US

DOWN with color based discrimination! DOWN with the violent violets!

(this could make for a fun forum game tbh x’D)

1 minute ago, Sazandora said:

Oh, it's on! :lol:

Now I really REALLY wish Siyats had a red variant too.

Yeah, same. Wonder how they would tie in though... If the egg was of ND age?

Edited by epickitty25

8 minutes ago, epickitty25 said:

So if I hatch my incubated egg at 3 d 17 h, it would hatch blue, right...? Or am I wrong..? I really want to be sure because I managed to nab one with a good code, and I want it to be blue to better complement said code, and since it's a code thing I only have one shot.

Any help here?