TJ09

Trading Hub Feedback

Message added by TJ09

Please report all bugs in the Help section. This thread is for discussion and feedback only.

2 hours ago, Azarkiel said:

Accepted: who accepted what? Did you accept their offer on your eggs, or vice versa?

Canceled: who canceled? Did you cancel your offer on their trade, or did they cancel their trade entirely?

Claimed: tbh I'm not sure, I was gonna say it's from a 1-way trade, but it's only showing up on "Public Trade"

I agree this could be clearer. The 'accepted' seems okay to me, since from what I can see it only shows 'accepted' on your own offers (ie, under 'type' all my 'accepted's show 'trade offer'), but maybe 'your trade offer' would be clearer? I really really think that the 'claimed' should be changed to only be on 1-way trades, as it doesn't really make sense on public trades... When you post a public trade nothing is 'claimed' at all, that's a completely false statement, you post a trade, someone offers, and you accept an offer... No claiming involved. 

4 hours ago, Azarkiel said:

No, no, no. As a coder the last thing you want to do is have a list of "Only these lines in the database" and start adding "+alt" "+spriter" "+..."

I would like to separate "haves" and "wants" though, so we don't have to put them in the same box. Also if you could search Have/Want as well as pagination you could easily get rid of the ice-nice error by using your browser's search feature. Ctrl + F DOES take into account any leading or trailing spaces. (Alternatively TJ could make the search take into account leading and trailing spaces) so searching " ice " would only give you actual times a user used the word ice, whereas "ice" would include nice.

Word boundaries would kinda work, minus the ways people say "Hatchi" "Hatchie" "Hatchy" so searching for "hatch" would actually find none of the above.

As for my own suggestion: Trading history is useful, to an end. But I'd like more information because there are times I make a billion offers and forget what I offered on what.

Accepted: who accepted what? Did you accept their offer on your eggs, or vice versa?

Canceled: who canceled? Did you cancel your offer on their trade, or did they cancel their trade entirely?

Claimed: tbh I'm not sure, I was gonna say it's from a 1-way trade, but it's only showing up on "Public Trade"

What I meant was that there would be a list of acceptable words - basically breed names - and alt could be one of them.

3 hours ago, purplehaze said:

Would be nice. I have been left scratching my head several times already trying to figure out what that "trade" was. Finally remembered that I had offered a dummy egg on something offered in one of the breeding threads.

Yes =- this would be good.

I haven't read thru everything, but I saw people mention scroll communication on trades somehow. An idea, no clue how hard it would be to implement, but a selected drop down menu of what to say. "Waiting for egg space" or "Will accept within 1, 2, 3 hrs" or something like that, among other good common phrases in trades. "I only want one egg" or something. I can't tell you how many times I sit on a trade just waiting for an egg to hatch and then it's gone. What if I had told them just wait within the hour and I'll accept?

I currently have an offer on one of my eggs, they offered 3 eggs and I'd LOVE to abandon some of these recently caught release eggs (I'll get more later) for what they offered me( 3 eggs when I only have space for 1), but have one more hour before I can accept. 

Just an idea B)

Editing for:
I would also really like to see a difference in "haves" and "wants" like we do on our forums here. It can be confusing the way everyone puts "haves" in the wants section now. 

Also pages, please put pages! Even if it stops at 10, at least it'll help with bumping anything because it gets buried so quickly, or watching others bump

Edited by Nightwalkerkey

There should be a message bar for person offering to type something too, like precog male, or PM me or things like that

Yes for sure, maybe there could be a suggestions box of helpful things to put. Though I really think it should be a drop down menu type, or a small text area such as we have now, to prevent misuse or spamming, or anyone singling out a user and typing nasty things on their trade or whatnot. 

well we could have a report for that, but that was shot down when I suggested that.  But I have did communications by posting a trade next to someone and saying PM me, or can I offer you this for x egg?  If we could just post it on the trade link then it woulcn't have to be visible to others.  Nor would anyone need to be reported for doing a communication.

One example:  say I am doing a genderswap and somebody offers me one that is not yet gendered.  If they put in a communication to say I influenced this one male, or this one is precog'd male, then I would be very likely to accept it.

Edited by 49ER

23 hours ago, Azarkiel said:

I would like to separate "haves" and "wants" though, so we don't have to put them in the same box. Also if you could search Have/Want as well as pagination you could easily get rid of the ice-nice error by using your browser's search feature. Ctrl + F DOES take into account any leading or trailing spaces. (Alternatively TJ could make the search take into account leading and trailing spaces) so searching " ice " would only give you actual times a user used the word ice, whereas "ice" would include nice.

Word boundaries would kinda work, minus the ways people say "Hatchi" "Hatchie" "Hatchy" so searching for "hatch" would actually find none of the above.

Would that work if someone had typed in "ice," though? So for example: "Would like a CB ice, magma, or thunder" wouldn't be found by a browser's search for "ice ".  I suppose you could do a bunch of searches: "ice " "ice," "ice." "ice-" "ice?" "ice;" ... but then, that gets tedious.  Or would it understand that punctuation doesn't count?

(I breed and trade more ices than anything else so I have spent a lot of time trying to figure out an easy way to search for trades wanting ices--oh look there's another variation of the word--and there isn't a great answer yet.)

Has adopting standard search terms been suggested yet?  So if you searched '"ice" -nice' only results that had just the word ice in them would show? At least I think just the word ice should show at that point.

Some things that seem to have fallen by the wayside, unless I missed something:

- Please, please, please can we have pagination. Yes, you can search by breed and in the free text area, but what about just browsing to see if something catches your eye? This would be so basic, at least it seems so to me, but so good.

- I would simply love it if you could offer the same eggs and hatchlings on several trades at once. Basically, all your growing things (except too young and named) would be available at any time to offer on a trade. If one of your babies is on Trade 1, Trade 2, and Trade 3, and then your offer on Trade 2 is accepted, this would auto-cancel your offer on Trade 1 and Trade 3. Why do I want this? I am so sick of seeing my offers sit around for over 24 hours, sometimes 36 (even once 42 ><), without being accepted or declined. Up to 4 of my eggs/hatchies are just locked there, waiting, when there are other trades that they could have been offered on, which might have been accepted faster. If this is too complicated to be realistically implemented (I hope not, God I hope not), then at least put a time limit (24 hours?) on how long offers can stick around before you have to make a decision on them, to force people to make a decision and either accept or decline, if they don't want the offer disappearing. 

1 hour ago, Aalbiel said:

Some things that seem to have fallen by the wayside, unless I missed something:

- Please, please, please can we have pagination. Yes, you can search by breed and in the free text area, but what about just browsing to see if something catches your eye? This would be so basic, at least it seems so to me, but so good.

- I would simply love it if you could offer the same eggs and hatchlings on several trades at once. Basically, all your growing things (except too young and named) would be available at any time to offer on a trade. If one of your babies is on Trade 1, Trade 2, and Trade 3, and then your offer on Trade 2 is accepted, this would auto-cancel your offer on Trade 1 and Trade 3. Why do I want this? I am so sick of seeing my offers sit around for over 24 hours, sometimes 36 (even once 42 ><), without being accepted or declined. Up to 4 of my eggs/hatchies are just locked there, waiting, when there are other trades that they could have been offered on, which might have been accepted faster. If this is too complicated to be realistically implemented (I hope not, God I hope not), then at least put a time limit (24 hours?) on how long offers can stick around before you have to make a decision on them, to force people to make a decision and either accept or decline, if they don't want the offer disappearing. 

both have been asked and addressed in this thread:

1. TJ says it's in the works, he just hasn't got there yet.

On 5/22/2018 at 2:24 AM, TJ09 said:

Pagination for the list isn't there initially because I wanted to assess the volume of public trades. Looks like it'll turn out to be useful.

2.  This would increase spam offers because people could offer their junk eggs on every trade in the market instead having to pick and choose.  While he mentioned willingness to listen to arguments, he doesn't really feel that it would be worth it as it would cause more problems than it is likely to "fix"

On 6/6/2018 at 3:35 AM, TJ09 said:

Doing so isn't strictly impossible (nothing really is, for the most part), but there are a lot of assumptions—both technical and not—around a given egg/hatchling only being part of a single trade at a time. This includes both trades and offers. Changing that isn't really something to be casually done.

As an example of what becomes more complicated: allowing the same item to be offered multiple times enables people to be more careless about throwing their eggs in offers. Right now the biggest limit on spamming offers is implicit: you can only have so many thing so offer, and only one offer per item, so you can't go to every single trade in the marketplace and make an offer. If that limitation were to be removed, should new limits be put in place? The most natural response to "spamming offers is a problem" is to add limits, not remove them, and I imagine it'd be hard to come up with a new restriction that's as effective as what exists.

And for a separate thought exercise: In cases where you'd like to have options for what you trade your egg(s) for, would it be better to create a trade and receive offers?

Edited by DragonLady86

Yes, TJ has said pagination could be 'useful', but to my knowledge he hasn't actually said anything about *implementing* it anytime soon. He's posted about reading the thread, and about potential changes, but nothing has actually been done about most of the suggestions here. It would be *really* nice if just a couple of the main, basic things could be fixed (like no pagination) so that the trading hub is actually useful at all for trades that aren't offered on right away. 

I'd also like to re-state my want of a way to push 'whole words' or something when searching 'wants'. It's really, really useless to search for 'ice' and get 10+ trades all asking for 'nice offers'. On that note, if we had a 'have' box to describe our trade, people wouldn't have to crowd the 'want' field with that info (which also makes the 'want' search really useless, bringing up tons of trades *for* a breed instead of *wanting* a breed). 

@DragonLady86 Thanks for your reply.

I understand the potential problems of the multiple offers thing (although i object to calling anything a "junk" egg but w/ever.) If this doesn't seem viable, then I would like serious consideration to be given to having a maximum time for offers to sit around.

I think 24 hours would be reasonable to give you time to see/consider offers, then the offer would auto-cancel if nothing is done about it. It would really be an incentive for people to make a decision and accept/decline offers rather than let them sit. This happens to me all the time, and honestly letting someone's offer sit, locking up their 4 hatchies for 36 hours is just plain rude. Yet as the offerer, you're torn between a) cancelling and trying your luck elsewhere, hoping they'll be more responsive, having wasted 24 hours sitting in a useless trade, and b) keep hoping they will respond, in order not to have wasted all that time. Auto-cancel would then mostly happen when the trade owner is just.... not checking DC, so you have a sign you should maybe move on to another trade if you expect a quicker response. On the other hand, if that's just a trade you want to try your luck on no matter what, nothing would be preventing you from re-offering on the trade.

I would really, really hate for offers to auto-cancel just because there hasn't been a response. I already hate that offers auto-cancel when the egg hatches (why??). Yes, it's annoying when you have an egg tied up in a trade and don't get a response for 24 hours or more, but that's completely your choice. You don't *have* to keep that offer on that trade, if you don't want it to be in limbo for so long just cancel and offer elsewhere. On the other hand, some of us *want* that offer to be seen, no matter how long it takes, and don't actually mind having it sit there for a day or two. I would honestly be rather pissed if I offered on a really great trade and then it auto-cancelled just because it's been awhile, and I wasn't online to re-offer before the person looked at the offers and accepted something. They could've accepted *my* offer but that wasn't even an option because it just auto-cancelled. No thank you. 

1 hour ago, Aalbiel said:

I think 24 hours would be reasonable to give you time to see/consider offers, then the offer would auto-cancel if nothing is done about it. It would really be an incentive for people to make a decision and accept/decline offers rather than let them sit. This happens to me all the time, and honestly letting someone's offer sit, locking up their 4 hatchies for 36 hours is just plain rude. Yet as the offerer, you're torn between a) cancelling and trying your luck elsewhere, hoping they'll be more responsive, having wasted 24 hours sitting in a useless trade, and b) keep hoping they will respond, in order not to have wasted all that time. Auto-cancel would then mostly happen when the trade owner is just.... not checking DC, so you have a sign you should maybe move on to another trade if you expect a quicker response. On the other hand, if that's just a trade you want to try your luck on no matter what, nothing would be preventing you from re-offering on the trade.

No. Just no.

A lot of this game is about decisions. We can decide to leave our 4 hatchlings (or whatever) tied up in a trade or decide to cancel our offer after 24 hours (or whatever time seems reasonable to us) if we don't want them tied up. If we want that trade badly enough it is worth the wait. Is it disappointing if our offer then is not selected? Of course. But is it rude? NO. The trader has every right to wait and see if they are offered something better. If you want to cancel your offer because you don't want to tie up your hatchies -- fine! That is your choice. But to decide that no one should be able to let an offer sit for more than some arbitrary length of time is taking choices away from people for no good reason. It is already entirely within your control how long your offer is tied up!

I'm not saying it's rude for someone to refuse your offer, that's fine, it's fair, the maker of the trade gets to choose what they accept. What IS rude, is to leave an offer hanging around for 36 hours. Sorry, but there is literally NO viable reason for you to leave an offer hanging that long. Either you want it or you don't. Waiting a bit after posting to see how many offers/what sort of offers you get, sure. But that long? Just no.

Also, yes I can cancel whenever I want, but the point of my suggestion would be to have an AUTO thing that people KNOW ABOUT. (Very different from the one where it auto-cancels on hatching, because unless you're obsessively following the other person's egg you may very well not know when that's going to happen). It's supposed to be an incentive for people to make a decision. I don't expect it to be instant, because people are not online and on DC 24 hours a day and it is also reasonable to not have to make an instant decision. But at this point you could leave someone's offer hanging for 4-5 days no problem, and there's really no reason why that should be happening.

I would still prefer my first suggestion, which was to be able to offer the same eggs/hatchies on several different trades. I believe this would be more beneficial overall, and less contentious. I kinda dropped it because usually when TJ responds in a lukewarm way to a suggestion, it pretty much means no. But to me, the whole "spamming people with eggs" thing is a bit of a ridiculous overreaction. If you have an unwanted offer on your trade, all it takes is literally 1 click to refuse it. And even then, in the event where some troll would repeatedly offer the same thing on your trade as "spam" and you don't want the notifications, just don't cancel it, let it sit there, it has absolutely no influence on other offers or what you end up accepting. This is really nothing like real spam, aka message spam, which thankfully is not a possibility on DC.

54 minutes ago, HeatherMarie said:

I would really, really hate for offers to auto-cancel just because there hasn't been a response. I already hate that offers auto-cancel when the egg hatches (why??). Yes, it's annoying when you have an egg tied up in a trade and don't get a response for 24 hours or more, but that's completely your choice. You don't *have* to keep that offer on that trade, if you don't want it to be in limbo for so long just cancel and offer elsewhere. On the other hand, some of us *want* that offer to be seen, no matter how long it takes, and don't actually mind having it sit there for a day or two. I would honestly be rather pissed if I offered on a really great trade and then it auto-cancelled just because it's been awhile, and I wasn't online to re-offer before the person looked at the offers and accepted something. They could've accepted *my* offer but that wasn't even an option because it just auto-cancelled. No thank you. 

37 minutes ago, purplehaze said:

No. Just no.

A lot of this game is about decisions. We can decide to leave our 4 hatchlings (or whatever) tied up in a trade or decide to cancel our offer after 24 hours (or whatever time seems reasonable to us) if we don't want them tied up. If we want that trade badly enough it is worth the wait. Is it disappointing if our offer then is not selected? Of course. But is it rude? NO. The trader has every right to wait and see if they are offered something better. If you want to cancel your offer because you don't want to tie up your hatchies -- fine! That is your choice. But to decide that no one should be able to let an offer sit for more than some arbitrary length of time is taking choices away from people for no good reason. It is already entirely within your control how long your offer is tied up!

I'm with these two. I have sometimes had an offer in a thread that was up for 3-4 DAYS without an offer and which then suddenly got a PERFECT offer. I know that in at least one case, this was because the person who wanted my egg was desperately trying to breed what I wanted and many of her dragons were on CD. Why should the trading hub be different from thread trades (and I don't see how that would be possible anyway.)

What we need MOST is pagination. And I would like to be able to make different offers on the same trade - but NOT to be able to offer the same (junk :lol:) egg on multiple trades.

2 hours ago, Aalbiel said:

I'm not saying it's rude for someone to refuse your offer, that's fine, it's fair, the maker of the trade gets to choose what they accept. What IS rude, is to leave an offer hanging around for 36 hours. Sorry, but there is literally NO viable reason for you to leave an offer hanging that long. Either you want it or you don't. Waiting a bit after posting to see how many offers/what sort of offers you get, sure. But that long? Just no.

Also, yes I can cancel whenever I want, but the point of my suggestion would be to have an AUTO thing that people KNOW ABOUT. (Very different from the one where it auto-cancels on hatching, because unless you're obsessively following the other person's egg you may very well not know when that's going to happen). It's supposed to be an incentive for people to make a decision. I don't expect it to be instant, because people are not online and on DC 24 hours a day and it is also reasonable to not have to make an instant decision. But at this point you could leave someone's offer hanging for 4-5 days no problem, and there's really no reason why that should be happening.

I can actually think of multiple completely valid reasons why an offer would be 'hanging' for over 24 hours. If the person has listed several different possibilities in their 'wants' box, I think it's completely reasonable for them to wait awhile to see if someone might offer one of the other listed wants. Also, because there is no communication on DC (not that I want there to be!), it's impossible to let an offerer *know* why the offer is still hanging, which is probably part of the issue. There have been multiple people posting about wanting to be able to communicate things like 'I'm considering your offer!' or 'I'll make a decision in the morning' or something. Without a way to do that, you don't actually know why your offer hasn't been accepted (or declined). Also-also, Real Life *does* happen sometimes. An unexpected trip to the doctor or hospital, unexpected visitors, getting called into work on your day off, who knows how many scenarios might keep someone from logging onto DC within that 24-hour timeframe. 

And again, it's completely your decision to allow your offer to 'hang' for days. If it really bothers you that much, cancel the offer. But please don't take away *everyone's* choices, when some of us are plenty happy to wait as long as needed. (And honestly, imo it would be less of an 'incentive' to make a decision and more of an incentive to just not attempt to trade at all, if there is some arbitrary limit where you are forced to be there, and make a decision, or you lose out.)

While I sympathize with people who've had their offers in limbo for a long time, I don't think an auto-cancellation of everyone's offers is the way to go. The disadvantages and problems far outweigh any possible benefits. If you feel that your offer has been kept in limbo for long enough, cancel it yourself. If you want, keep a personal blacklist so you don't attempt to trade with the same person again. But please don't enforce that personal choice for everyone else.

However...

Why don't we apply a cool-down for multiple offers of the same stuff? Like, I want to offer my (completely imaginary) CB gold egg on something. 5 hours later, it has neither been accepted nor rejected, and I can offer it on another trade. (5 Hours really is an arbitrary amount of time. I simply decided to go with the usual cooldown for fresh CB eggs for argument's sake.)

This way, we can offer on more than one trade, yet don't get the ability to spam literally every single trade there is with our freshly AP-caught 27th gen messy inbred super-common.

1 minute ago, olympe said:

Why don't we apply a cool-down for multiple offers of the same stuff? Like, I want to offer my (completely imaginary) CB gold egg on something. 5 hours later, it has neither been accepted nor rejected, and I can offer it on another trade. (5 Hours really is an arbitrary amount of time. I simply decided to go with the usual cooldown for fresh CB eggs for argument's sake.)

This way, we can offer on more than one trade, yet don't get the ability to spam literally every single trade there is with our freshly AP-caught 27th gen messy inbred super-common.

I like this idea, although I'd prefer a significantly smaller cooldown (half an hour, maybe?). The reason I'm saying that is because the five hour cooldown on CBs is effectively a 24-hour cooldown for me during the work week (I have less than five hours free time each day if I subtract the time I need to sleep, get ready for work, and commute) and I'd rather not have another mechanic that makes me wait a day before I can reap its benefits. XD

18 minutes ago, olympe said:

I really like this idea! Some sort of 'cooldown', whatever that time may be, should go a long way towards fixing the 'but spamming eggs!' argument. I personally don't agree that 'spamming' offers would be that huge a deal anyways, but if there was a cooldown that would significantly limit the 'spamming'.

Of course, spamming behavior, once noticed, could be handled with the option to block other users from seeing your public trades. What they don't see, they can't offer on. (Or viewbomb, for that matter.)

1) Please please pleaseee have some kind of generation indicator / lineage viewer right on the trade search page. So many tines I see people posting a Copper / Silver / Prize and asking something that would be reasonable for a CB one of those, check it excitedly... and it’s some messy 12g. It’s a huge waste of time to have to investigate a trade to find this out.

2) I like the idea of seperate have / want text boxes.

3) I also like the idea of being able to make a comment when offering (can add more / give you a different line if you want, etc). And/or a comment for rejecting things (I only have room for one egg, please just offer the zyu!). They could be reported just like anything else if someone tries to be mean with it.

4) Put in a placeholder for new release dragons so people can search them in trades

5) I still really want the ability to offer on more than one trade; the downside of some people being spammy is outweighed, IMO, by the benefit of me being able to offer on multiple things I want rather than wait desperately for 48 hours on a great trade just to be rejected. If needed to prevent spam, just put a time limit on offers (1 per 5 hours?) or an overall limit (one thing can only be offered 4 places, perhaps, plus be in one outgoing trade)

6) Be more clear with the text about whether someone cancelled or accepted an offer. I’d also like it if the notification log showed WHAT, exactly, people had offered (ie links rather than just images), but I guess I understand if that feels too invasive.

Edited by angelicdragonpuppy

1 hour ago, angelicdragonpuppy said:

1) Please please pleaseee have some kind of generation indicator / lineage viewer right on the trade search page. So many tines I see people posting a Copper / Silver / Prize and asking something that would be reasonable for a CB one of those, check it excitedly... and it’s some messy 12g. It’s a huge waste of time to have to investigate a trade to find this out.

Would it help if the egg/hatchie images next to the trade linked to the lineage? That's what a lot of us have wanted since the beginning, for the images to actually link to the dragon in question instead of the general teleport page. Would that make it acceptably easy to check the lineage, or would you still want a generation indicator?

1 hour ago, angelicdragonpuppy said:

6) Be more clear with the text about whether someone cancelled or accepted an offer. I’d also like it if the notification log showed WHAT, exactly, people had offered (ie links rather than just images), but I guess I understand if that feels too invasive.

Yessssssss about the clarity of text! I'll add, again, please differentiate between a one-way 'claimed' transfer and a trade (on the Trading History page)... When I post a Public Trade it is *not* 'claimed', it is offered on and I accept. There is no claiming involved, and the fact that 'claimed' shows for both trades and transfers makes it very confusing. 

One of the things I find the most strange in the Trading Hub is people posting "Shiny" or "Special Eggs" with Requests of Super Rare/Valuable Dragons and the lineage is not even remotely close or within any remote chance of being close to the value of what they are asking. And that certainly is their right, but it can come off as if they are seeming to "fake out" others hoping someone will see "Ooo Shiny" and offer something without actually looking at the lineage. *This probably would be best fixed by putting a lineage link *NEXT* to the egg vs. having to click on the egg image itself as when you do that, it automatically launches the trade, and if you accidentally hit the wrong buttons in error, you could accidentally submit something of real value and not even realize it and have it gone in a mere moment*

Basically, if there was a way to launch the "lineage" without also launching the trading link would be helpful. I'm not sure this would be allowed as there isn't exactly an "official trade value questions DC Approved" thread as, while one exists, it is the opinion of others. But I think it might be helpful to add some verbiage that if people are uncertain what to ask for or seem to be having issues with their trades, that the fact they can log into the forums and find places for assistance. But again, that is probably more complicated than the Trading Hub was designed to do and is meant to be as simple as possible.

I know its already been mentioned earlier, but I'm adding my few cents after using it for about a week or so.

Edited by Natayah

I think maybe just an indicator if a dragon is CB or lineaged might be helpful. Little (CB) or (L) icon or something.

You can always click on the dragon to see the exact lineage.

Remember, a lot of users on the site have never been on the forum, so I suspect most of the trades that don't seem to have the current rarity of things in mind just... simply don't know what things are worth. I doubt they're actually trying to fake people out.

I am an extremely optimistic see the best in people, and that may be true. I just don't think it is always true. I would agree that the CB or L options would work too. But there is still a *HUGE* difference between the value of a clean low gen lineage, and a higher gen and/or mix/mutt of a lineage. The thing is, I would have to say that if you've used the Trading Hub more than a few weeks and more than a few times, it becomes clearly obvious that some things just have little to no value, and what they are asking for is more than beyond out of left field. It is very very specific and very very valuable. I mean no disrespect, I just am confused. I mean, if it was like a list of things and then or Other Offers or Open for Offers that would make more sense as it would be a person learning and/or seeing what they can get. It is the fact that I will often sometimes see things like "CB Gold is Auto!" Or "2G Prize is Auto!" for a twisted bramble of lineage history that makes no sense. But - I understand that a "free market" people can do that.

But if someone wants to learn, I think it would be nice that if they aren't sure where to go, it might be nice just to put in a simple wording to say, You can Learn more about Trading via the DC Forums. Or something. But again, I understand why, to keep it very simple, and to keep the drama down and to keep people from pointing fingers and trying to "report abuse" when really, people can post what they like other than bad words, there isn't a good answer that offers a better teaching tool without also opening a can of worms. Because if there is a lineage link off to the side, and the member has to fill it in, technically they could be "confused" and "accidentally post the wrong one, including something not on their scroll" and that is another can of worms.