TJ09

Trading Hub Feedback

Message added by TJ09

Please report all bugs in the Help section. This thread is for discussion and feedback only.

This is a temporary thread that will eventually be closed around the new Trading Hub feature. Individual, well-scoped suggestions can always be their own thread. Please post bugs/anything broken in help.

• Comprehensive filters that codify e.g. lineage types and other community jargon inherently involve choosing which things are and aren't "valid" (e.g. do I include inbred? stairstep? insert esoteric lineage type here?). I'm hoping the community will end up standardizing on terminology anyways.
  • Yes, the input is freeform. Any misuse of the system may result in being barred from trading altogether, and a formal "report" option is coming.
  • Also coming soon: updates to the actual single transfer/trade page. Probably a mild design refresh (especially for mobile, which needs it), and probably the "these have already been claimed" page showing the eggs/hatchlings that were in the trade.

The Trading Hub's link to 'trading history' is giving me an error, specifically

Nothing to see here

There are no teleports to display. You can only view teleports that have occurred in the past 30 days.

but I've made *plenty* of trades in the past 30 days. Is it like when the Encyclopedia was implemented, it only counts trades that happened after the new trading hub was implemented? If so maybe it should mention something about that? Because saying that you can only view the past 30 days, but also saying there is nothing to display, is very misleading when you've definitely had teleports in the last 30 days.

2 minutes ago, HeatherMarie said:

The Trading Hub's link to 'trading history' is giving me an error, specifically

Nothing to see here

There are no teleports to display. You can only view teleports that have occurred in the past 30 days.

but I've made *plenty* of trades in the past 30 days. Is it like when the Encyclopedia was implemented, it only counts trades that happened after the new trading hub was implemented? If so maybe it should mention something about that? Because saying that you can only view the past 30 days, but also saying there is nothing to display, is very misleading when you've definitely had teleports in the last 30 days.

Yes, trades from before the release aren't counted, since certain necessary data wasn't being collected. In a few weeks that'll no longer be an issue, so I didn't specifically mention it in the UI.

IIRC the same was true with parts of the action log updates a while back.

I've noticed that only the most recent trades added show up. Perhaps have some way to go through several pages worth of trades or even rotate the trades that show up, so people don't have to look at the same few trades. I feel like some people might just spam their trades to keep them at the top while other, older trades get forgotten pretty quick. Being able to search is nice, but sometimes I don't know what I'm looking for and would just prefer to browse all available options.

May be too similar to the AP, but would a freebies page/area for one-way transfers be implemented? 

5 minutes ago, Feesh said:

May be too similar to the AP, but would a freebies page/area for one-way transfers be implemented? 

I, too, support this. Especially since no one really seems to use the Leave an Egg/Take an Egg on the DC Records site anymore.

It is possible to pull up all trade post with all of a dragon type no matter the color or the biome they come from for these breeds Gemshards/Firegems/Coppers/Zyumorphs...can we have one Xenowyrm option that pulls up all of them instead of just one type at a time?

35 minutes ago, Rosastrasza said:

Being able to search is nice, but sometimes I don't know what I'm looking for and would just prefer to browse all available options.

Yup would like that too :)

Always "needing" to spam your teleports to make them noticed seems a bit... annoying ^^

somewhat related suggestion: display public trades on a person's scroll as well (optional?) in case of lost trade link or other inconvenience/just wanting to see what else is on offer.

edit: or on some other secondary page if the scroll page is already crowded, just somewhere our open public trades are available without necessarily going throug h the hub.

Edited by Shadowdrake

2 hours ago, Rosastrasza said:

I've noticed that only the most recent trades added show up. Perhaps have some way to go through several pages worth of trades or even rotate the trades that show up, so people don't have to look at the same few trades.

Oh, so that's why there are not more trades... I was assuming there would be pages to go through once there'd be more public trades.

Since I'm rarely looking for a specific breed (more interested in codes and lineages) I would really like to be able to look at all the trades.

So... I stunned a 2nd gen tinsel, offered it on a trade...

152CB6C1-4225-4428-AF0F-D4E0DE354CCE.jpeg.a065a2e0f9f8161555600d4b686a567c.jpeg

This happened?

It was at 4d 7h when I stunned it.

Here’s the link to it, let me know if I should post this somewhere else? I only posted it here because it was offered through the trading hub.

ETA: I tried to cancel the trade, it failed, I tried to cancel it again, and it failed again. Yikes. ^^;

Edited by Darkstorm34

I'd love to look at ALL available trades, with the most recent ones on top

and I'd also love a 'free for all' page, or a page similar to the 'leave and take an egg' site, but implemented in the trade hub. :3

I am really happy with the trade hub but I would love to see pagination there, not just the most recent trades :) Especially since people will (hopefully) use this system more, it will be necessary. Also, someone in the discord suggested that we could "pin" the trades that we are interested in but we can't offer just yet. And I agree to having a "public gifting" option for free stuff, it would be nice :). This is my suggestions thus far, thank you for implementing the trade hub! 

4 hours ago, Feesh said:

Supported. Would be interesting to see what pops up now and then and the rate at which gifts go (might be quicker and more organised than the Departures Board!)

My suggestion is to be able to sort between the gens of dragons to be traded so like being able to tick off which gen of dragon breed you're looking for in the filter and going from there (e.g. CB, 2g, 3g, etc.) I can see a lot of trades asking for CB rares and whatnot whilst offering absolutely messy Golds, Avatars, Tinsels, etc in the trading area at the moment and I just feel someone's going to be silly/tired enough to offer their precious eggs on a dragon only to wake up and realise at the last minute that they've lost their dragons to a bad trader because they've made a bad assumption that the offered dragons are rare due to the request. So I feel like displaying the generation of egg/hatchie would reduce the likelihood of the wrong trades happening and therefore a better trading atmosphere.

image.png.8cf40909ace028db56f983aa5b8874f8.png

Filter

Being able to differentiate between different types of lineages (e.g. stairstep, checker, PB) would also be useful but that might be a bit of a stretch since i've no clue on how difficult that's going to be to code and implement or whatnot.

Edited by lovecats99

14 minutes ago, Felinor said:

Also, someone in the discord suggested that we could "pin" the trades that we are interested in but we can't offer just yet.

I think it would be really useful to be able to save trades we see to a 'favourites' section or pin them as suggested. If you have something nice to trade and you're not quite sure what you would like in return, being able to save the trades you're interested in somewhere rather than just leave them sitting in open tabs would be really useful. :)

I'll start with the same sentence of my post in the Market suggestion since they are related ;)

Hello guys, let me thanks everyone involved to add the Market and Trading Hut into the game. It is a big step forward and I'm really glad to see it, I hope my suggestions will be seen as a way to improve them even more.

1) I suggest to optimize the space and include into the Trading Hut page even the Market link, possibly with a brief explanation of how they differentiate from one another.

When I click on Trading it would be nice to see two nice looking images, one with the Trading Hut title and the other one with Market title. 

5yykvt.png

2) I suggest to leave a little bit of space to describe what you're offering. There is a nice space for "Wants", I think it would be fair to add an extra line or write besides the hatchling/egg itself some extra infos about what you have.

If i'm offering a 2nd gen whiptail from an awesome lineage (like 2nd gen prizefail, 2nd gen from ALT CB, 2nd gen from CB Hybrid) people won't even open my trade because they aren't interested in commons, even if they may be interested in that particular lineage.

ww1d9t.png

3) Clicking on the hatchie/hatchling/egg in the preview should lead automatically to his lineage not his view page.

Edited by Naruhina_94

Oh I absolutely agree with Naruhina, an "Offering:" line would be great to 'sell' your eggs better, plus if people put unofficial terms such as "tinselkin" in it, we can search for it that way!

And I agree that clicking the sprite should lead to the lineage page, as that's WAY more relevant for trades. You immediately see: CB, or purebred, or even gen, or super messy, etc...

How does it work for players with hidden scrolls and scrollname?

Because I assume using this is sadly impossible for me just like the regular two-ways, all the reason I'm hiding my scroll is to prevent my disgustingly shameful scrollname to be seen by anyone ever and if it's displayed anywhere in there, I can't use it. Am I still doomed to rely on the risky exchange of one-way transfers via forum and on trading only with my close ones? And will I forever be?

Also, a block feature is needed. To prevent offers from certain users. And probably to prevent certain users from even seeing the public offers of the users who blocked them. You know, there are always users who don't want to trade with certain users at all, and users who wpould offer-spam, or revenge  viewbomb for getting rejected., etc.

And pagination/way to view through all offers

and way to view unlisted offers only (that offer NDs, new releases and whatever  is not listed /yet)

(to users reading: please don't ping me, copy the text if you need to quote it but don't use the quote feature, thanks)

Edited by VixenDra

I second the idea of an "Offering" line. I know the idea is to eventually put things like Spriter's Alt kin or evengen into the Filter section, but it would be nice to see at a glance what I'm looking at instead of having to open up another tab and hunting through lineages.

I also like the idea of being able to pin trades that you're interested in!

I think the option to filter via the person offering their trade would be useful too. If there's someone who put something up for trade that you like, but they don't pick you this time, maybe they'll have amazing stuff next time around that you want to get. And/or possibly have it under the notifications that "so-and-so" put an egg up for trade.

Also also, it would be nice to edit whatever we've written in the "Wants" section without having to break and recreate the trade.

Edited by Rosastrasza
Addendum

I second the idea of having several trading pages, as it is previous trades disappear way too quickly and I'd like to be able to browse further back. The search option is nice, but only really works if you're looking for something specific. Sometimes you just want to have a look at what nice things are on offer.

I'm already running into the 'user who made the offer is egg locked, trade can't be completed'-problem.

This is more annoying than in regularly arranged trades, because with those you can at least contact the other user and tell them to sort it out.

There should be some kind of marker next to the offers that can't be currently accepted.

Edited by Genjar

2 hours ago, StormWizard212 said:

I think it would be really useful to be able to save trades we see to a 'favourites' section or pin them as suggested. If you have something nice to trade and you're not quite sure what you would like in return, being able to save the trades you're interested in somewhere rather than just leave them sitting in open tabs would be really useful. :)

This would be neat.

1 hour ago, VixenDra said:

How does it work for players with hidden scrolls and scrollname?

Because I assume using this is sadly impossible for me just like the regular two-ways, all the reason I'm hiding my scroll is to prevent my disgustingly shameful scrollname to be seen by anyone ever and if it's displayed anywhere in there, I can't use it. Am I still doomed to rely on the risky exchange of one-way transfers via forum and on trading only with my close ones? And will I forever be?

A teleport always shows the name of the scroll involved - and always shows up when a scroll is hidden. If you can't bear people to see your scroll name then you will always  be unable to trade. Them's the breaks. After all - as you say, there are people you don't want to trade with. There may be people who don't want to trade with you, and they need to be able to see who you are, just as you need to be able to see the people you don't want to trade with.

Also, a block feature is needed. To prevent offers from certain users. And probably to prevent certain users from even seeing the public offers of the users who blocked them. You know, there are always users who don't want to trade with certain users at all, and users who wpould offer-spam, or revenge  viewbomb for getting rejected., etc.

I don't thin this is needed. I doubt if there's anyone who can't remember the people they don't want to trade with -j ust ignore their offers.

And pagination/way to view through all offers

Yes please.

39 minutes ago, Aalbiel said:

I second the idea of having several trading pages, as it is previous trades disappear way too quickly and I'd like to be able to browse further back. The search option is nice, but only really works if you're looking for something specific. Sometimes you just want to have a look at what nice things are on offer.

Agree 100%

25 minutes ago, Genjar said:

I'm already running into the 'user who made the offer is egg locked, trade can't be completed'-problem.

This is more annoying than in regularly arranged trades, because with those you can at least contact the other user and tell them to sort it out.

There should be some kind of marker next to the offers that can't be currently accepted.

That is a very good point.

I think the 'view' links on dragons posted should be replaced with 'lineage' links. I posted my dragons in the Trading Hub and they're getting unnecessary clicks like crazy XD , not to mention it's easier to check a dragon by lineage rather than by going to its 'view' page and then checking the lineage page as an additional action.

Also I agree that some kind of lineage filter would be cool - maybe CaveBorn vs. non-CaveBorn, for starters, and then smth more complex like Gen 2 (3, 4...), stairstep, even gen et cetera :) 

Edited by Tears in Rain

I would like to add to my previous post that it would be nice to know if we previously tried to offer something in trade we're viewing.

I may not remember if I made an offer on a certain trade and got declined. Since I don't want to spam the same offer multiple times on the same trade it would be nice to leave a reminder: "you already offered xxxx in this trade and was declined"

Edited by Naruhina_94

Not all breeds are available from the 'breed' drop down.  I don't see any gold , silver or copper ... Am I missing something?  Sorry it is early in the morning here 😅