TJ09

Trading Hub Feedback

Message added by TJ09

Please report all bugs in the Help section. This thread is for discussion and feedback only.

I would support a short message like 'to learn more about Trading go to' and have a link to the forums. That seems simple enough.

While I understand the frustration of seeing things you might think are CB or clean-lineaged, asking for something rare, then finding out it's something that's not 'worth' much... I really really hope nothing is ever done to officially discourage those kinds of trades. They are wonderful for people like me, people who *like* to trade rare-ish things for messy things. I totally support a link to the forums like that in case people want to get a better understanding of what things are generally worth, but it doesn't *hurt* anyone if someone posts a messy and asks for a rare. Maybe disappointing, but it's not like anyone is being scammed or anything. No one has to offer on it, after all.

I think it would solve a lot, honestly, if the link in the egg/hatchie image next to the trade was changed, instead of going to the trade it would go to the lineage. It wouldn't 'launch' the trade at all, it would just take you to the lineage, just like clicking a regular lineage-link would. That way you don't have to open every single trade and then click on the lineages, saving a lot of steps. 

I would love it if I could see every trade (via pages)

Honestly even clicking each would be rather annoying. I think I suggested this elsewhere in the thread, but if exact generation couldn’t be shown, maybe each item could have a little symbol on the lower right as follows:

C = caveborn

S (short) = 2-3g

M (medium) = 4-5g

L (long) = 6-7g

X (Extra long) = 8g+

1 hour ago, angelicdragonpuppy said:

Honestly even clicking each would be rather annoying. I think I suggested this elsewhere in the thread, but if exact generation couldn’t be shown, maybe each item could have a little symbol on the lower right as follows:

C = caveborn

S (short) = 2-3g

M (medium) = 4-5g

L (long) = 6-7g

X (Extra long) = 8g+

I support this or something along these lines as dragon value in the trade hub is clearly subjective. 

Also, yes please to trading pagination if I haven't said it already.

(and thank you, TJ, for graying out offers from people who are locked. It's helpful.)

1 hour ago, angelicdragonpuppy said:

C = caveborn

S (short) = 2-3g

M (medium) = 4-5g

L (long) = 6-7g

X (Extra long) = 8g+

To me, this tells me nothing. Is that 4th or 5th gen a pretty checker or is it a lovely MESS?

I could support a designation of CB or lineaged, but much beyond that is not really all that helpful.

I DO support being able to just click on the creature's image and be taken straight to its lineage page. That would tell me much more than a generation indicator!

4 minutes ago, purplehaze said:

To me, this tells me nothing. Is that 4th or 5th gen a pretty checker or is it a lovely MESS?

I could support a designation of CB or lineaged, but much beyond that is not really all that helpful.

I DO support being able to just click on the creature's image and be taken straight to its lineage page. That would tell me much more than a generation indicator!

Amen. That would be the best way to go.

Lineage link: Yes, please!

I could imagine adding a filter box: less than, equal to, or more than [ ] generations (input field for a number). I'd probably use that mostly during the holidays.

So I'd filter for, say, Black Marrows, more than 2 generations, and then look at lineages hoping for certain checkers ...

51 minutes ago, purplehaze said:

Why not both?

A lineage indicator is a helpful start to seeing if you’re likely to be interested, then you click to see the full deal. For example, I’d never be interested in seeing what an 8g Prize is anyway, but if I saw a 2-3 one I’d want to look.

10 hours ago, Natayah said:

One of the things I find the most strange in the Trading Hub is people posting "Shiny" or "Special Eggs" with Requests of Super Rare/Valuable Dragons and the lineage is not even remotely close or within any remote chance of being close to the value of what they are asking. And that certainly is their right, but it can come off as if they are seeming to "fake out" others hoping someone will see "Ooo Shiny" and offer something without actually looking at the lineage. 

10 hours ago, Kaini said:

Remember, a lot of users on the site have never been on the forum, so I suspect most of the trades that don't seem to have the current rarity of things in mind just... simply don't know what things are worth. I doubt they're actually trying to fake people out.

This is what I think is the big issue. MOST players, I think, are not on forum (let's not forget all the people who actually can't be on forum, even if they'd like to) and have absolutely no idea. They just want the eggs they want. I think we just have to live with that, to be honest. Just as we check produce in the supermarket to see if there are any rotten bits at the bottom of the tub :lol: Honest to god - how many trades does anyone have at any one time ? It really doesn't take that long to just LOOK.

18 minutes ago, Fuzzbucket said:

This is what I think is the big issue. MOST players, I think, are not on forum (let's not forget all the people who actually can't be on forum, even if they'd like to) and have absolutely no idea. They just want the eggs they want. I think we just have to live with that, to be honest. Just as we check produce in the supermarket to see if there are any rotten bits at the bottom of the tub :lol: Honest to god - how many trades does anyone have at any one time ? It really doesn't take that long to just LOOK.

I think looking is definitely key, especially when people claim that they have special, rare, or "really good" lineages. I definitely look at the lineages of what people offer on my own trades. I might just be a wary trader, but if you have to say that your lineage is really good, it's probably not. Making it easier to look at lineages will definitely help though.

ETA: sorry for the excessive use of definitely lolol

Edited by Jazeki

20 minutes ago, Jazeki said:

I think looking is definitely key, especially when people claim that they have special, rare, or "really good" lineages. I definitely look at the lineages of what people offer on my own trades. I might just be a wary trader, but if you have to say that your lineage is really good, it's probably not. Making it easier to look at lineages will definitely help though.

ETA: sorry for the excessive use of definitely lolol

Yeah, it seems to be fairly obvious by now that actually looking at a trade/offer lineage is a *must* if you care about what the lineage looks like at all... Personally I always check (and often double-check) lineages on offers because apparently my definition of 'messy' is much much different then many peoples. And really, if someone just takes the trader's word for it that it's a 'great' lineage, and doesn't check, that's completely on them. I have to assume most people do check, though, especially given how many people I've seen posting about the abundance of messies in the Trading Hub. So anything that makes it easier/faster to check lineages is probably a really good thing. 

I agree with purplehaze that a lineage generation indicator doesn't really do much good beyond simply knowing that it's not CB... a 10th-gen stairstep is very, very different then a 10th-gen extremely-messy inbred, for example. I guess for people who don't actually want anything beyond a certain gen, it may help in some small way, but they'd still need to actually check the lineage.

6 hours ago, angelicdragonpuppy said:

C = caveborn

S (short) = 2-3g

M (medium) = 4-5g

L (long) = 6-7g

X (Extra long) = 8g+

I feel like this is slightly arbitrary. I'd be happier with just a number. We already have the lineage number at the top of every lineage page. There must be a way to draw on those numbers. And maybe a cutoff at 13+ because the lineage page can only show up to 12 generations on one page. 

Would it be possible to make it possible for us to make a comment to the person we are offering to?

I adoooore the idea of a lineage link!

Also, would it also be possiable to add a "New Dragon(s)" link to the breed list? Preferably right up top so users would see it.

I've found with the last couple of new releases the trade's front page is just users canceling and reposting trades with their new eggs/hatchies since there is no other way for potential trade partners to see these eggs/hatchies up for offer unless they're on the front page.

Putting the eggs/hatchies under a "New Dragon(s)" breed tital in trading would allow users to trade new eggs with others without having to cancel then repost for visiability and wouldn't give away the dragon(s) name until their name is officially shown by a grown dragon.

For the second time in as many days, someone has offered a hatchie on an egg that I'd love to accept, but they are egglocked. I'd love a button to send them a notification saying "I want to accept this trade but you don't have space!" I'm even fine with this being a toggle - if I click it, the trade will autoaccept as soon as they have space (that way you can't just click it on multiple offers & encourage people to dump eggs when they won't get anything, or just not accept the trade then, etc). 

Should we force people to put something down in the "Want" box?  On a previous trade, I offered something which I believe was a fair trade and than waited 2 days to finally had my offer rejected.  And than the same trade pop up again, with no note in the Want box.  That makes trading really hard.

And since when asking for a hatching equals free?

1 hour ago, QVic said:

Should we force people to put something down in the "Want" box?  On a previous trade, I offered something which I believe was a fair trade and than waited 2 days to finally had my offer rejected.  And than the same trade pop up again, with no note in the Want box.  That makes trading really hard.

And since when asking for a hatching equals free?

I don't think I like that. It would be nice if people that are open to pretty much anything would at least put 'offers' or something, but I don't think requiring a 'want' is going to do much good. I can easily see that leading to gibberish/nonsense 'wants' just to fulfill that requirement... I see it elsewhere, often if some sort of text is *required* you end up with stuff like 'required text here' and 'lala text' etc etc. If it's frustrating to offer on trades where you have no idea what's actually wanted, just avoid those trades. 

4 hours ago, calankh said:

For the second time in as many days, someone has offered a hatchie on an egg that I'd love to accept, but they are egglocked. I'd love a button to send them a notification saying "I want to accept this trade but you don't have space!" I'm even fine with this being a toggle - if I click it, the trade will autoaccept as soon as they have space (that way you can't just click it on multiple offers & encourage people to dump eggs when they won't get anything, or just not accept the trade then, etc). 

Yes yes yes please! Apparently the 'accept' button is now grayed-out if one of you is locked (haven't actually see that yet but that's what others say), but there is no way to *tell* the offerer that that's why their offer isn't being accepted. I'm always very vocal against 'user-to-user communication' on-site, but I'd love a simple button like that, just to notify the person.

Realistically if that person was forced to input something in the Want box they'd probably just type 'offers' and then wait two days to reject your offer anyway. :P Unfortunately we can't make people tell us what they want. We have no way of knowing if they are holding out for a very specific offer or perhaps they don't intend to trade it at all and are just showing off. Personally I ignore trades that have an empty Want box for the same reason I ignore trades that just ask for offers, they're generally a waste of time.

I've also seen those 'FREE just give me a hatchling' trades and yeah, it's obviously not free. I just scroll by those.

edit: ninja'd by HeatherMarie

Edited by Terces

9 hours ago, HeatherMarie said:

I don't think I like that. It would be nice if people that are open to pretty much anything would at least put 'offers' or something, but I don't think requiring a 'want' is going to do much good. I can easily see that leading to gibberish/nonsense 'wants' just to fulfill that requirement... I see it elsewhere, often if some sort of text is *required* you end up with stuff like 'required text here' and 'lala text' etc etc. If it's frustrating to offer on trades where you have no idea what's actually wanted, just avoid those trades.

Actually yes, I really agree with this. My doctor's  office has a website where I can order repeat prescriptions and the like, and you HAVE to add a message - and if all I want is my tablets, I end up putting things like "Good morning", or "this is my obligatory message"...

Yes yes yes please! Apparently the 'accept' button is now grayed-out if one of you is locked (haven't actually see that yet but that's what others say), but there is no way to *tell* the offerer that that's why their offer isn't being accepted. I'm always very vocal against 'user-to-user communication' on-site, but I'd love a simple button like that, just to notify the person.

100% agree. A button for "offer not accepted because of lock" (doesn't say which scroll to make it only one button) would be good.

While I do ignore all the blank want box trades, I am also amused by what people put in the want box.  It is my first time seeing someone use 'heterozygous' to identify dragons bred from 2 different breeds.

@HeatherMarie  I did have a couple offers where the accept button was grayed-out because the other scroll is locked.  It is extremely helpful.

A bunch of (pre-selected) things to say when viewing, offering or accepting/declining would be nice.

Stuff like "please split these up" and "I can't accept that many eggs/hatchlings" would really streamline trading sometimes.

Not too many. Those could merge, for instance. Please split is far too vague.

the greyed out button was actually really confusing for me. I thought I was locked. Cause it's greyed out regardless of which scroll is locked, but there's no indication of that. I figured it out eventually, but it wasn't immediately obvious that my trade partner's scroll (which there's no link to!) was the one that couldn't accept. 

On 7/11/2018 at 1:57 PM, calankh said:

Pretty please? My perfect solution would be: 

"Accept trade as soon as user is unlocked, and notify them that the trade will be accepted as soon as they unlock". 

Cheers!
C4. 

I will say a seperate text box to describe lineages, precognitions, influences and such things on what I have on trade would be a nice thing to have. Something seperate from the want box as that really limits space.

And it's probably already been mentioned, but being able to go through pages of recent trade posts of the trading hub and flip through to see older ones would be nice.