TJ09

Trading Hub Feedback

Message added by TJ09

Please report all bugs in the Help section. This thread is for discussion and feedback only.

1 minute ago, Toyo said:

I find myself constantly remaking my teleports because I notice errors in what I wrote, or need to clarify (somehow, in the tiny space) what I'm hoping to trade for! @TJ09, that box is so tiny! I know the point is to keep it short and sweet, but if I'm looking for a variety of possibilities or lineages, I don't have the space to list them.

I've noticed this, and I would really love an edit button. That way we can edit without the bumping which, I agree with HeatherMarie, will probably be greatly reduced by multiple pages.

19 minutes ago, Toyo said:

I find myself constantly remaking my teleports because I notice errors in what I wrote, or need to clarify (somehow, in the tiny space) what I'm hoping to trade for! @TJ09, that box is so tiny! I know the point is to keep it short and sweet, but if I'm looking for a variety of possibilities or lineages, I don't have the space to list them.

I've actually kind of backed away from exploring using the Trading Hub for my own trades because of that... When I post trades here on the forum, for instance, I often point to my sig-list for what I'm looking for... That list definitely doesn't fit in that tiny Want box! If I want to use the Trading Hub for my own trades I basically have to either narrow my Wants, which means less options for interesting offers, or be vague about my Wants, which leads to a lot of unwanted offers. While I totally understand the need for small/concise Want notes, it definitely does limit the whole experience. I haven't tried putting something like 'look in my forum signature', not sure if that's even allowed... Would a link to a wishlist be allowed? I have no idea.

30 minutes ago, HeatherMarie said:

Would a link to a wishlist be allowed? I have no idea.

I don't know if it's allowed, exactly, but I've seen tiny links to wishlists (though I personally don't click/copy/paste anything I don't know). I've also linked to a public group on my scroll. Those things require a certain level of interest, though, and may make trading more difficult than just having a description to see immediately.

Edited by Toyo

Oh another thing, if the item is CB, it should have some kind of CB indicator next to item being traded like in EATW marketplace.  It is annoying to have to click every single egg or hatchie of a breed you want, to see if it is CB or not.  And a lot of people offer up long long lineage  commons and ask for CB something, so you can't tell by that.

It would be super helpful if we were able to have a Trade Message; something like what is present on Chicken Smoothie when someone goes to offer on a trade of yours or to trade with you.

Something like our Magi dragons teleporting a scroll/letter to any potential traders who ask?

That way people could have a few paragraphs for those who are interested - but it doesn't have to show every time everywhere. Only if you click into a specific trade.

1 hour ago, Alrexwolf said:

It would be super helpful if we were able to have a Trade Message; something like what is present on Chicken Smoothie when someone goes to offer on a trade of yours or to trade with you.

Something like our Magi dragons teleporting a scroll/letter to any potential traders who ask?

That way people could have a few paragraphs for those who are interested - but it doesn't have to show every time everywhere. Only if you click into a specific trade.

What exactly are you suggesting here? Those of us who don't play Chicken Smoothie have no idea what they have, so could you be a little more specific? What are you wanting to say that would take 'a few paragraphs'? Are you talking information about the trade, or simply some sort of role-playing type story about your scroll, or what?

That sounds like scroll to scroll communication. No thanks.

So basically, you would have a little page that is your own. You can edit what the paragraphs say, and it can be shown as a link something like "trade rules," in the trading hub.

There you would be able to put your usual "what you're looking for," what codes, what lineages, etc. And all you would have to put in the trade description is "see trade rules." HOWEVER, if you don't WANT your usual and just want a quick trade, you can still use the trade description for short and sweet summaries. 

4papXAq.png

Something like this. When someone clicks your trade rules, a little window would pop up that would have your few paragraphs there. Then it could be closed again. 

If this is scroll to scroll communication, I must be really behind on what communication means, oops. I was just saying our magis send them out via teleport for lore purposes. Like, there could be a blurb that says "Clicking Trade Rules will request an informational scroll from the user. You can use these rules to better gauge your offers."

4 hours ago, Toyo said:

Same here. I often realise AFTER I get an offer completely not what I want that I did not make my want list specific enough, for example. A few days ago, I ended up cancelling and restarting a trade five or six times because I KEPT making mistakes (I had several similar but not quite the same CBs on offer, and my autofill keeps forcing the wrong want description). I was getting pretty annoyed at myself by the time I finally got it right. I have also had to cancel and restart if someone PMed me for just one of the things in the teleport, and then I still have to trade away the others. Plus, of course, the lack of pagination. I try not to redo a teleport until I am pretty sure mine is off of the page, but since we can't see our own trades in the list (unless I am missing something???), I can't always tell when it has fallen off the page.

A CB marker on trades would be awesome. It would be helpful for those looking for CBs so as to avoid lined eggs and helpful for those looking for neat lineages so as to avoid CB eggs.

Edited by Ribombee

26 minutes ago, Alrexwolf said:

So basically, you would have a little page that is your own. You can edit what the paragraphs say, and it can be shown as a link something like "trade rules," in the trading hub.

There you would be able to put your usual "what you're looking for," what codes, what lineages, etc. And all you would have to put in the trade description is "see trade rules." HOWEVER, if you don't WANT your usual and just want a quick trade, you can still use the trade description for short and sweet summaries. 

4papXAq.png

Something like this. When someone clicks your trade rules, a little window would pop up that would have your few paragraphs there. Then it could be closed again. 

If this is scroll to scroll communication, I must be really behind on what communication means, oops. I was just saying our magis send them out via teleport for lore purposes. Like, there could be a blurb that says "Clicking Trade Rules will request an informational scroll from the user. You can use these rules to better gauge your offers."

I..... Tentatively support that? I think it needs to be called something else though, since 'rules' isn't really accurate if it's really just an expanded Wants section (and I wouldn't want 'rules' to imply that any 'rules' are official DC rules instead of the user's specific wants). I can see a few possible downsides/questions (would there be a limit on how long it can be? Would there be any sort of guidelines/rules about what can be put there?) and I do think there should be a 'report' option added to the Wants if an expanded text option is there (TJ mentioned a report feature in the beginning but we haven't seen it yet). But as I said in an earlier post I did back away from making public trades *because* of how limiting the Want field is, so personally I would *love* some more room to explain what I'm looking for.

I think it might be more fitting to call it a "Wishlist,"/"Wanted List," or something along those lines. 

I also think instead of a character limit there should be a fixed size box; that way, you can write whatever you want and format it however you like best so long as it fits within the box, and all the pop-ups will be the same size and in the same place on the screen, to make everything more uniform. Any text over the line would just be invisible to other users. 

I agree with what some others have said about being able to edit the 'want' text in trades after they've already been created. I've had to remake a number of trades to tweak what I'm looking for (either making it more specific or making it a bit broader) and it seems to bump the trade each time, which is a little unfair. 

I would also like a feature that allows you to 'notify' a user that you're interested in their offer, but can't accept because they are currently locked. Ideally, if you click 'notify' or something similar, a banner (like the sickness banner) would appear on the top of someone's scroll letting them know that you're interested in accepting their offer but they're locked. I've seen a number of suggestions to make the system even more specific (eg. the creator of the trade confirms from their end, then the locked user can finalise the trade by getting rid of something then accepting) but I don't think it necessarily has to be that specific. I think most of us try to contact a user through the forums if we can to let them know that we're interested in their offer, but I'd like to see a notification or banner on a user's scroll. 

That notify would also be handy for asking someone to adjust their offer.  If I ask for something specific, and then I get an offer of that one thing along with some extra eggs or hatchies, I may not be able to take it because of scroll lockage.  Some of these people don't have forum accts, or have a different forum name so I cannot pm them.  So it would be nice to be able to message your offerer iwith a notifier.  

Of course it would be really awesome if people just offer what you ask for, but....*shrugs*

Regarding things like lock and unlock, I think the simplest solution would be to have a notification on the offerer's side of things, with a big warning sign like the sickness symbol and stating something like:

You have too many eggs for this trade. The trader cannot accept until you free up space or your egg(s) hatch in 12 hours.

You have too many growing creatures for this trade. The trader cannot accept until you free up space or your hatchling(s) grow in 1 day 4 hours.

(yellow for under a day, red for over. or whatever arbitrary time spans would be preferred)

And on the flipside, if people aren't concerned about the offerer getting egg/scroll lock info about the trader:

The trader has too many growing creatures and cannot accept this offer until they free up space or their hatchling(s) grow in 5 hours.

(although I think this would be easier solved if we could just pick and choose what part of an offer to accept, and I'm not sure why people think there's a drawback in the trader taking less than the offerer offered that needs to be mitigated with double confirms)

It sounds odd to have it on top of your scroll, since your scroll is how you manage your own dragons and not trading. IMO the warning should be on the offer page, the top of the teleport page and/or the notification area if TJ ever gets around to adding things like accepts and declines in there.

Edited by Shadowdrake

Also, pertaining to the offerer being able to put a note on their offer.  Say you have a male gendered hatchie and want a female of it.  You get an offer of an ungendered hatchie, and so I don't accept offer, because I do not know it to be gender I asked for.  But if someone could put a notation that the hatchie was precognized female, then I would likely take it.  Of course, the possiblity is they are not being truthful, but then I could make a note of it for future trades.

KISS. If this gets too complicated, it won't work.

Well if I could only have one suggestion/request, it would be to have a cb indicator on the items in trades. It would make it a lot easier not to have to click on everything.  And it was done in EATW with the API coding, so that one should be a possibility

I would like a cb indicator on trades (mostly so I know not to bother clicking those), however I don't think anything more then that regarding lineage would be feasible. As TJ mentioned, when you start wanting stuff like generation indicators or lineage type shown, where does it stop? There are way too many different possibilities to include everything, and only including a few will naturally make it seem like those are the most important/endorsed. (I'm not replying to anyone specifically here, just the general idea of official lineage markers in trades.)

Hmm, it seems that communication for trading is key. On the other hand, direct scroll-to-scroll communication is a no-go for many of us. So it would help if...

• ... we could create a general wishlist on a page linked to on our scrolls. Since this is strictly on DC only, it would be okay to link to your wishlist in your trade. (Free-form? Stock phrases? Egg/hatchie icons with short descriptions? Lineage for mate search?)
  • ...  eggs in teleports had a direct generation marker (CB, 2, 3...). Less describing our eggs for us.
  • ... there was a short field where we can describe our trade. Thuwed, PB, stairstep, Dorkface, Spriter's Alt line, funny code and so on are things desired by part of the user base and would make for good things to put in there. Also for easy searching.
  • ... if the fields for our haves and wants allowed for more characters.

... and room for group links (I often find myself looking for mates of a bunch of different dragons, or a single dragon that fits into one large lineage aka "unrelated to all of these")

I'd definitely like the ability to put an on-site link in my Wants and/or wishlist page... For my personal wants, it seems a lot of people have different definitions of what a 'messy' lineage is, and I'd love to be able to point to my messies group or even a specific lineage to show the kind of thing I'm looking for. 

Speaking for myself, I do not ever read through someone's lengthy laundry lists of what they want, or go through spread sheets of their owned prize lines or search their scrolls for missing lines.  I just make an offer, and they can kick it if they already have that line.  

I just want to be able to poke the person who is offering and let them know that yes, I will accept their trade happily, but they have too many eggs/hatchies. Just a little notification that someone wants to accept their trade, but can't, would be nice.

53 minutes ago, 49ER said:

Speaking for myself, I do not ever read through someone's lengthy laundry lists of what they want, or go through spread sheets of their owned prize lines or search their scrolls for missing lines.  I just make an offer, and they can kick it if they already have that line.  

I don't take extra steps like looking through their scroll or anything, but I think it's common courtesy to actually read their stated Wants... It is *soooo* annoying when I post a trade (here on the forums) that specifically says 'please don't offer low-gens or breeds not in this post' and I get multiple offers of exactly what I said I didn't want. If someone can't be bothered to actually read the post they shouldn't be offering. I've actually declined multiple fairly awesome offers just because they were things that, while great on their own, were things I deliberately mentioned I didn't want right then, and I felt it was very disrespectful to offer something that I specifically said I didn't want. 

Well that's the thing, people barely read the one specific thing you ask for as it is, so expecting to do extensive research is unrealisitc.  I am usually pretty concise and to the point on what I ask for, but people still offer whatever