TJ09

Trading Hub Feedback

Message added by TJ09

Please report all bugs in the Help section. This thread is for discussion and feedback only.

I haven't been checking - I have enough magi to last me for ever - but now that you mention it I did cancel a trade that had been up for a little while and it just said cancelled - no freed up magi. MAYBE if the trade has been up for long enough the magi is considered "used up" for now ? Because otherwise you could hold something on a teleport for AGES and the magi would come off CD after the two days anyway ?

Nope. I just cancelled a teleport that I had set up yesterday, and got my Magi back.

45 minutes ago, Shadowdrake said:

@StormWizard212 Really? That's odd. I just set up a test trade and cancelled it, and got the magi back on my use list immediately. Dunno if there's a time-based penalty involved. The action log says I "cancelled a trade and freed up a magi" as well. What does yours say?

9 minutes ago, Ruby Eyes said:

Nope. I just cancelled a teleport that I had set up yesterday, and got my Magi back.

I cancelled another trade and didn't get my Magi back. It was one that was set up just a few hours ago. I don't actually have anything in my action log referencing the cancelled trades. The only actions I have listed that reference trades say: "Teleported xxxxx with xxxxx." And that's there for dragons that are still on my scroll and not currently in any trades. There's nothing about cancelling them. 

If this is not expected behaviour and just a bug on my end, then I'll be happy that trade mechanics haven't changed and we're still able to get Magis back through cancelling trades. 

Edited by StormWizard212

image.png.7d492b4d1d914dc5c723fd812c43ae56.png

As far as I'm aware, TJ sometimes tests new features with only a handful of randomly selected users. Maybe you're currently playing with a test version?

edit: Ah, I see it now. The above was a cancelled TRANSFER. Cancelling a trade, public or not, seems to bypass that code portion nowadays.

Also, the new message is kinda rubbish:

image.png.65d32baf396cc7bcb9439c01c9a13c1f.png

This was MY OWN trade. Seriously.

Edited by Ruby Eyes

Getting the Magi back after cancelling seems to be working for me, just tried it with both a transfer and a trade:

fcf00acc2a40c2dec35e9ee0bf2d56c1.png

(I do agree about the message on the trade's page though, that really should be changed when you are looking at your *own* trade.)

I would love it if there was a way to indicate how many eggs/hatchlings you can take without using up space in the "Have" box. When a person is creating their trade they can tick a box that says something like:

Limit of eggs you will take:

__ 4 or less

__ 3 or less

__ 2 or less

__ 1 or less

Limit of hatchlings you will take:

__ 4 or less

__ 3 or less

__ 2 or less

__ 1 or less

I'm sure there's a better way to work it out, But that would let people know that they can offer someone all eggs or hatchlings, or perhaps 1 or less eggs/4 or less hatchlings.

I offered on a trade the other day, but the person couldn't accept the whole offer and they couldn't fit the limitation in the small amount of space they had. They very kindly reposted their trade with a more specific comment aimed clearly at my offer and we were able to work it out. They were clever to use that as a work around, but that only works if the person who offered on the trade checks back.

Also, and I am in no way complaining because I found it vastly entertaining, but I was keeping an eye on the trade hub to catch new offers, and someone put up a trade asking for offers. After that was a small dialogue where other trades were listed with a comment on the original trade and then the original trader reposted with a new comment.

I haven't been much of a fan of in cave communication so I don't really have much of an idea on how to make it easier for people to directly connect, but it does seem like it could be worth sorting something out so that people don't have to communicate this way. I really did find it hilarious, but it would probably be less so if everyone began doing it.

I think it would be better to allow you to accept only part of a trade. Way easier to handle, and more flexible. You might be able to take only one egg when you create the teleport, but 4 or more by the time you accept an offer. Just saying.

And maybe we should consider an optional in-cave communication feature directly linked to trades. Like, when you post a public trade, you have a checkbox for "accept messages regarding this trade", which then allows people to contact you through that particular trade (if checked). However, I can see people circumventing this restriction by putting up trades nobody would want anyway, just to be able to talk to others this way.

Eventually, in-cave messaging is probably going to be deemed necessary, even if it's an opt-in/opt-out feature.

15 minutes ago, olympe said:

I think it would be better to allow you to accept only part of a trade. Way easier to handle, and more flexible. You might be able to take only one egg when you create the teleport, but 4 or more by the time you accept an offer. Just saying.

And maybe we should consider an optional in-cave communication feature directly linked to trades. Like, when you post a public trade, you have a checkbox for "accept messages regarding this trade", which then allows people to contact you through that particular trade (if checked). However, I can see people circumventing this restriction by putting up trades nobody would want anyway, just to be able to talk to others this way.

Eventually, in-cave messaging is probably going to be deemed necessary, even if it's an opt-in/opt-out feature.

(bolding mine) I really really hope not. *Really* hope not. Don't really see any reason why it would be necessary. If there is a better way of communicating things in trades (like a better Want section, the ability to show *why* you declined a trade, etc etc) there really is no reason that I can see why direct in-cave communication would be necessary. The only way users actually interact with each other is through the Trading Hub, and the issues there can be resolved by those already-suggested things. Don't need direct communication for it. 

I definitely would like the ability to accept only part of a trade, and I agree that would be much easier then checkboxes showing what you can take (especially since what you can take may change while the trade is up, and people may very well simply ignore the checkboxes the same way they ignore the note in the Wants). 

2 minutes ago, HeatherMarie said:

(bolding mine) I really really hope not. *Really* hope not. Don't really see any reason why it would be necessary. If there is a better way of communicating things in trades (like a better Want section, the ability to show *why* you declined a trade, etc etc) there really is no reason that I can see why direct in-cave communication would be necessary. The only way users actually interact with each other is through the Trading Hub, and the issues there can be resolved by those already-suggested things. Don't need direct communication for it. 

I definitely would like the ability to accept only part of a trade, and I agree that would be much easier then checkboxes showing what you can take (especially since what you can take may change while the trade is up, and people may very well simply ignore the checkboxes the same way they ignore the note in the Wants). 

I agree with all this.

And I had an experience I could have lived without, and  I don't know if it was a glitch if I have even less memory than I thought.

Two days ago I put a trade up on the trade hub, and I also put it in threads. I was getting fed up, as I wanted to breed, and checked on the trade hub page. Where my trade showed and said "no offers". So I got rid of the egg with a trade with a mate.

Just now I noticed that I had notifications. There was an offer made on that trade, which did NOT show on the trade hub when I went to cancel the trade (I wouldn't have accepted it, so I don't mind that much but nowhere does it show that I rejected an offer...). Does this mean the offer was made from a thread and thread offers don't show on the trade hub page ? I cannot believe that. But...

3 minutes ago, Fuzzbucket said:

I agree with all this.

And I had an experience I could have lived without, and  I don't know if it was a glitch if I have even less memory than I thought.

Two days ago I put a trade up on the trade hub, and I also put it in threads. I was getting fed up, as I wanted to breed, and checked on the trade hub page. Where my trade showed and said "no offers". So I got rid of the egg with a trade with a mate.

Just now I noticed that I had notifications. There was an offer made on that trade, which did NOT show on the trade hub when I went to cancel the trade (I wouldn't have accepted it, so I don't mind that much but nowhere does it show that I rejected an offer...). Does this mean the offer was made from a thread and thread offers don't show on the trade hub page ? I cannot believe that. But...

Possibly a glitch, or misremembering, or something... Offers not made through the Trading Hub definitely show up on the trading hub page, at least they did with my last two trades, which were only posted here on the forums.

It's possible the offer was made when you were already on the trade hub page to cancel your teleport. Since the site doesn't update automatically, the offer didn't have a chance to show before you hit "cancel".

I think there are impatient traders who post and then withdraw an offer before you even realize it's there.  I've seen that happen with mine, with only like an hour or two before I noticed and it was gone already.

Yep, notifications happen whenever a person offers on any trade, but they stay even if the person cancels their offer. However there is a timestamp of when they offered so that would tell you if they offered awhile ago or if they offered when you cancelled, hopefully.

Also just noted that cancelling a trade entirely doesn't have a confirmation of any sort either.

Also also skauble's case (hi there!) could have been resolved without reposting/trade hub chat if there'd been one of several suggested fixes: trader lock notif, preset messages, or selective acceptance.

Edited by Shadowdrake

It was ONLY in my notifications. That's the only  way I know that there was an offer at all. My trade history does say the trade was cancelled at the same time as the offer was made - it wasn't cancelled, though; it was up for a long while afterwards.

@Fuzzbucket Just checked, and trade history's timestamp only says when your trade was made, not cancelled. So if the notif log says the offer was made at that time, they must have offered and cancelled very early, and either you didn't notice the notification then or it had some sort of buggy delay. That's what I mean, btw: a cancelled offer by the other person will still show up in your notifications when they offered, and stay there even when the other person decides to cancel it themselves.

I'm pretty sure someone has mentioned this before but I'm going to mention it again: Can we please get more accuracy in our Trading History? Specifically, showing 'declined'. I think right now declined offers show 'cancelled' (based on an offer I recently made), it's possible that trade was actually cancelled by the trader though. Regardless, right now it does not specifically show 'decline' when there is a declined offer. I think that would be *very* helpful.

The Trading Hub has been updated so that you when you get offers, the "Decline" and "Accept" buttons are red and blue, respectively. The Cancel button is also a big red button now.

You also get to see the hatchling you accepted as well as whether you accepted an offer on the original trade link.

1898776222_TradingHub-2018-06-17Update1.PNG.b6f6114c80a90b996ff722e080ff7bd9.PNG

870710618_TradingHub-2018-06-17Update2.PNG.d6d4d774f4c950940979e207a051ca44.PNG

(Sorry. I didn't make a screenshot of the active trade link.)

Thank you TJ for the updates!

Edit: Active Trade link picture of Offer "Accept" and "Decline" buttons!

1023226000_TradingHub-2018-06-17Update3.PNG.943aa002d3fe00d7c22eca59fc9d8eb4.PNG

Edited by Shokomon

^ This, also:

• on the trading link page, you actually see your "want" part if it's a public trade. So like:

The following egg(s)/hatchling(s) are a part of this two-way trade:

You want: Have: 3G from spriter's alts. WANT: CB word codes, other CB hatchies worth it. 1:1 if offering egg!

• on the same page, once you get offers, you can see if you're able to accept them - the "accept" button is grayed out if the "OP" is locked (not sure if it works the same way the other way around). What we need here now is maybe a tooltip message speaking of the egg/scroll-lock, otherwise it might leave some of us confused about that.
Edited by Orchi'dea

still no pagination.... I can't even view all offers of certain breeds or wanthing certain breeds... 

I also would appreciate if I could pick more than one breed to filter offers, if I'm looking for more than 3 breeds it's getting frustrating to check breed by breed one by one

also it's irritating that when I click the eggs to see the lineages I'm being sent to the trading link instead, while "User's trade" link does exactly the same... please make the egg sprites lead to lineage pages instead of doing exactly the same as the link to their left, it's only distractign and misleading, I can't get used to the ggs not leading to lineage pages while being clickable at all.

Considering that trades are pushed down from the front page in about one hour to 15 minutes I agree that pagination would be really really nice sometime soon.

TJ did say he would work on it. It's not necessarily that QUICK, if we want it to be bug free...

I really really hope TJ will put in a separate 'Have' box so people aren't forced to put a description of their trade in the Wants section. As it stands the filter-for-wants feature is relatively useless because so many people are putting their 'have' description in the Wants box. I filter by 'zyu' in the Wants box, and it gives me every single trade that has zyu in the Wants box, which currently contains *many* trades *of* zyus that aren't looking for zyus at all. What a waste of time trying to poke through all of that.

11 hours ago, HeatherMarie said:

I really really hope TJ will put in a separate 'Have' box so people aren't forced to put a description of their trade in the Wants section. As it stands the filter-for-wants feature is relatively useless because so many people are putting their 'have' description in the Wants box. I filter by 'zyu' in the Wants box, and it gives me every single trade that has zyu in the Wants box, which currently contains *many* trades *of* zyus that aren't looking for zyus at all. What a waste of time trying to poke through all of that.

That would help for a lot of reasons.   Thank you though, because I did not know we could do that.  would have been much more helpful for some of the trades I've done recently. 

Please can we have a way simply to edit the text in a trade after it's posted - I just put up a shocking typo as I accidentally hit enter. Sure it's new and I can start over, but...