TJ09

Trading Hub Feedback

Message added by TJ09

Please report all bugs in the Help section. This thread is for discussion and feedback only.

Can we maybe get a way to specify searching by full-words when using the Wants filter to search for trades? It's very very annoying to search for 'ice' and get tons of trades looking for 'nice'-something. It's (once again) another thing that makes the Trading Hub less then useful at the moment in terms of actually looking for specific trades. 

Maybe only allow actual breed names rather than "text" ?

26 minutes ago, Fuzzbucket said:

Maybe only allow actual breed names rather than "text" ?

that would mean I couldn't search for people wanting 'alt' so - 'meh' I'd rather ignore people asking for 'spriter's alt' something than not being able to search for 'alt' at all. It's a pity you can't add a space before ice and it would effectively filter out anything 'x-ice' and only give you ' ice'

OK - a very few extras (like alt) could be included...

I actually prefer the search function as is over only allowing a breed name to be entered. Way too many things would be made impossible to search for (ex. certain generation/lineage type/lineage project). And not everyone enters a specific breed in their wants area, so how would someone find those trades? 

I would, however, love to see a way to filter by generation.

But if "ice" turns up every want with "nice" - that's not good...

Definitely not good. Neither is allowing for breed names only. Full words seems like a good compromise, though.

Yeah, I wouldn't want only breed names, there's plenty of reasons to search for something besides a specific breed name (alts, yes, but also generation, or 'rare' or 'common', etc). I would very much like full-words though, so I don't get a list of 'nice' wants when I'm looking for 'ice'! (Also, totally didn't even realize that 'solstice' will also come up when searching for 'ice' in Wants, that confused the heck out of me for a minute.)

@TJ09  ... Would you allow regular expressions in the "Wants" filter...? Then I think typing "\bice" would solve the "ice/nice" problem.

5 minutes ago, Confused Cat said:

@TJ09  ... Would you allow regular expressions in the "Wants" filter...? Then I think typing "\bice" would solve the "ice/nice" problem.

Regular expressions aren't a solution for normal people. As useful as they can be, they're not exactly intuitive.

Making the search assume word boundaries by default is probably a better solution.

If you implement that, please allow a way to mark "maybe no word border here" (with an asterisk or something), so we can type "hatch*" and find "hatch", "hatchi", "hatchie", and "hatchling".

Maybe allow asterisks for that? Like "*stone" or "hatch*" would find Stone, Sunstone, Brimstone etc, as well as various hatchling spellings, while "ice" would only find Ice and not Nice or Solstice ...

Could we maybe get the offer to show on the 'accept' password page, please? When there are multiple offers on a trade it's relatively easy to click the wrong one, and I end up hitting 'back' to double-check that I'm clicking the right one before I put my password in. It would be much easier if the sprite actually showed on the accept-password page, the same way it does when you use certain BSAs for instance.

^Yeah, as nice as having what you accepted show up afterwards it's not exactly helpful as a confirmation beforehand.

Also I just saw someone else who accidentally declined an offer they wanted, and I'd like to bring up again a confirmation step before the actual decline. Even just a popup like the ones we get after inputting our password on almost every action would be nice, since 1) a person doesn't have to decline all the other offers to accept one so it wouldn't be that much of an inconvenience, and 2) having the accept and decline confirmations be different should make it more noticeable when you accidentally pick the wrong option.

Edited by Shadowdrake

are there any plans for making possible to reply than cancelling trade? or asking for edit, for example.. 

Edited by Anilako

I just saw it swoosh by (hit enter too fast), but does the confirmation popup when accepting a trade really say "irreversable"? (if yes, this would be one for the grammar patrol thread XD)

25 minutes ago, Anilako said:

are there any plans for making possible to reply than cancelling trade? or asking for edit, for example.. 

I can't see how, as there is no scroll to scroll communication.

58 minutes ago, Anilako said:

Canceling trade... You mean reply when you decline an offer? Or do you mean something else? Multiple people have asked for some way to send a message regarding *why* they decline an offer, though I'm not sure how feasible that is. It seemed most people wanted that in order to alert people that they *can't* accept the offer because the offerer is locked, which may be solved in other ways (like having a warning before you make the offer, for example). 

I love the Trading Hub! I'd just love to see that the Cooldown for CB Eggs would be lifted in case of Trading... : )

I wouldn't go that far, but I do wish we could put them in a teleport, with the CD holding up - but then we could offer one and go to bed :lol:

I know I've asked for a lot of things in this thread, but this feature is new and there are so many possible improvements!

Is it possible to spread out the offers on our trades, please please please? The newish red and blue distinction between the accept and decline buttons are awesome, and very helpful, but it is still really really easy to click the *wrong* 'accept' when there are multiple offers because those buttons are very *very* close to other offers. This might be relieved somewhat if my other ask of showing the sprite on the accept-password page were to happen, but I'd imagine it'd still be an issue when faced with multiple offers of the same breed. For reference, this is what it currently looks like when you have multiple offers:

Untitled2.png.5b8c014e76726b1412ec5712098c6397.png

As you can see, the accept/decline buttons are *very* close to the information about the offer above, and it is not at all quickly apparent which offer each button-set belongs to. It's hard for me to distinguish... 'levels', I guess, like I can't tell simply from looking at that if the accept/decline is actually right under the 'name's offer' and belongs to that one, or if it's under the previous offer's info and belongs to that one. Can we please have some more space in between each offer, please?

Very much agree with being able to accept only part of a trade, which I think would fix a lot of the issues that messaging has been suggested for.  Or there could be a pre-selected message to send to a scroll (i.e., "I will accept your trade in ___ hours").

I mentioned this forever ago, but I still would very much love to see it as a feature so figured I'd mention it again... I would LOVE the ability to search multiple breeds up for trade at once, and maybe even the ability to save those searches for quick reference!

I just noticed something, when all your growing things are fogged the page where you offer on a trade gives a misleading message:

b404f079b9d6dc5fa0b269e67835a2a4.png

I know something in the API means that hatcheries don't detect fogged things, so maybe that's why this is happening, but is there anything that can be tweaked so this is more correct? Even just changing the text to something like 'you do not have any available...' instead of just 'you do not have any'. I *do* have unfrozen hatchlings and eggs, they just aren't available right now. Saying I don't have any is wrong.

On 6/21/2018 at 4:27 PM, Fuzzbucket said:

OK - a very few extras (like alt) could be included...

No, no, no. As a coder the last thing you want to do is have a list of "Only these lines in the database" and start adding "+alt" "+spriter" "+..."

I would like to separate "haves" and "wants" though, so we don't have to put them in the same box. Also if you could search Have/Want as well as pagination you could easily get rid of the ice-nice error by using your browser's search feature. Ctrl + F DOES take into account any leading or trailing spaces. (Alternatively TJ could make the search take into account leading and trailing spaces) so searching " ice " would only give you actual times a user used the word ice, whereas "ice" would include nice.

Word boundaries would kinda work, minus the ways people say "Hatchi" "Hatchie" "Hatchy" so searching for "hatch" would actually find none of the above.

As for my own suggestion: Trading history is useful, to an end. But I'd like more information because there are times I make a billion offers and forget what I offered on what.

Accepted: who accepted what? Did you accept their offer on your eggs, or vice versa?

Canceled: who canceled? Did you cancel your offer on their trade, or did they cancel their trade entirely?

Claimed: tbh I'm not sure, I was gonna say it's from a 1-way trade, but it's only showing up on "Public Trade"

15 minutes ago, Azarkiel said:

As for my own suggestion: Trading history is useful, to an end. But I'd like more information because there are times I make a billion offers and forget what I offered on what.

Accepted: who accepted what? Did you accept their offer on your eggs, or vice versa?

Canceled: who canceled? Did you cancel your offer on their trade, or did they cancel their trade entirely?

Claimed: tbh I'm not sure, I was gonna say it's from a 1-way trade, but it's only showing up on "Public Trade"

Would be nice. I have been left scratching my head several times already trying to figure out what that "trade" was. Finally remembered that I had offered a dummy egg on something offered in one of the breeding threads.