Minkerbell

Imperial Harem - War of the Concubines || >> Spring Event has Begun! ! | Royal Vault is Open! <<

>.< Dragons are killin' me today, smalls.

If any of you run across a CB Astrapi (prefer male, precogged is fine) PLEASE let a sister know. 

Ugh sorry, computer farted and made a double post happen

Edited by pretty_thumb

1 minute ago, Rekha said:

I'm willing to trade a purple Dino and a seasonal for the astraphi for @pretty_thumb we need it to be able to start our project. 

I can throw in a Red Dino, I have no use for it and nobody's offered anything good yet. And I can keep an eye out in the alpine too, since I have a free slot.

Quick question: I tend to use a name generator because despite being an author I can not come up with names XD Is it fine to do that for these babies as well instead of attempting to keep Chinese names? Like I'd still have Prince/ss or Consort/Concubine in the title, obviously, but for the actual name does it have to be in keeping with the theme of this lineage?

@WildDragonFlying I did that for a couple of them, I ended up changing them, but they were actually named after characters from my favorite book:lol: I didn’t see anything in the rules saying you couldn’t. I think as long as you use the appropriate name conventions (princess, consort, etc.) you can use whatever names you choose^_^

if anyone wants a cb blusang egg im your boi, haven't gotten any offers at all feelsbad

16 hours ago, pretty_thumb said:

Anyone up who could take a CB Gemshard egg off my hands? :) shoot me a PM

I'd like to gift a CB Egg / Hatchie
Clan I belong to: Sky Clan 
Lineage Code of Egg / Hatchie: sK74A
Teleport Link / PM Link: PMed by @Ninjakittee

I have earned Favor for my Clan!

Name: pretty_thumb

Link to Scroll: Here

Clan I belong to: Sky Clan

Favor Earned: 
#1. I Donated a Caveborn Gemshard 
Egg or Hatchie: Egg
Points earned: +1 
Recipient of Gift: Ninjakittee

Lineage Code of Gift: Up dere

Thanks, I'll add the points in a bit! 

8 hours ago, Guillotine said:

A Royal Offspring has been born! 
Name: Guillotine
Link to Scroll: https://dragcave.net/user/InnocentGuillotine
Clan I belong to: Rose
Lineage of Egg: https://dragcave.net/lineage/C0BC2

What a beautiful line! I hope this one follows the trend and turns red, that'd be so pretty. :3 

3 hours ago, pretty_thumb said:

>.< Dragons are killin' me today, smalls.

If any of you run across a CB Astrapi (prefer male, precogged is fine) PLEASE let a sister know. 

I'll try and see if I can catch / trade for one for you. 

24 minutes ago, WildDragonFlying said:

Quick question: I tend to use a name generator because despite being an author I can not come up with names XD Is it fine to do that for these babies as well instead of attempting to keep Chinese names? Like I'd still have Prince/ss or Consort/Concubine in the title, obviously, but for the actual name does it have to be in keeping with the theme of this lineage?

That's totally fine! Also, thanks for helping out, @Mak0. :wub: 

1 minute ago, Ariento said:

I'd like it, do you want anything in exchange for it?

EDIT: Good morning Minx! (well it's evening for me lol)

Good morning / evening from the other side of the globe! :lol:

Edited by MinkishMinx

1 minute ago, Fetus said:

if anyone wants a cb blusang egg im your boi, haven't gotten any offers at all feelsbad

I'd like it, do you want anything in exchange for it?

EDIT: Good morning Minx! (well it's evening for me lol)

Edited by Ariento

@MinkishMinx I was thankfully able to trade mine for a male! Though I am on the hunt for another, so if you happen across one, I'd love to have it :) and thank you! 

@Mak0 @MinkishMinx thanks! I didn't see anything against it either but I figured I might as well ask to be extra safe lol the green hatches I got from you, Mink, has gendered male which is what I was waiting on before I named it lol

23 minutes ago, WildDragonFlying said:

@Mak0 @MinkishMinx thanks! I didn't see anything against it either but I figured I might as well ask to be extra safe lol the green hatches I got from you, Mink, has gendered male which is what I was waiting on before I named it lol

Dunno if you are interested but this generates names. I put them in a translator before I put them on a possible use list, just to make sure they weren't something rude lol.

Edit - question - so if I understand right - currently my prince is a Lu - and the princess is a Feng - those are the last or family names? Then first - or personal name - then title?  I used Lu because somewhere it came out as green - but now the translator says black...

Edited by TempestSea

3 minutes ago, Peachycupcake525 said:

@TempestSea

That actually happens to be the same generator that I use!

:) trying to figure things out - a lot of the ones I tested didn't come up with a meaning. I use that generator for a lot of things tho - there are so many options lol. I keep a link in my sig 

Edited by TempestSea

3 hours ago, pretty_thumb said:

@MinkishMinx I was thankfully able to trade mine for a male! Though I am on the hunt for another, so if you happen across one, I'd love to have it :) and thank you! 

Awesome! If I chance upon any, I'll send them your way. 

1 hour ago, WildDragonFlying said:

Yay, congrats! 

1 hour ago, TempestSea said:

Dunno if you are interested but this generates names. I put them in a translator before I put them on a possible use list, just to make sure they weren't something rude lol.

Edit - question - so if I understand right - currently my prince is a Lu - and the princess is a Feng - those are the last or family names? Then first - or personal name - then title?  I used Lu because somewhere it came out as green - but now the translator says black...

This is very technical, but just for your info! Chinese characters can have the same phonetic sound, but represent different words depending on the intonation (the proper term for all this is hanyu pinyin). The Lu that means green is actually a little different; the U is supposed to have two little dots at the top - Lǜ (绿). It looks like it's pronounced as "Lu / Loo" but the intonation is actually more like "lu-ee (but said quickly so it's one single syllable)". My mandarin isn't good enough to know which Lu is the one that means black; but the most common mandarin word for black is "Hei" (黑). 

As for naming conventions, in chinese, the family name (or surname) comes before the given name. The given name can consist of one or two characters.
For eg, 

Qian Zhi - In this case, Qian is the family name and the given name is Zhi. 

Bai Qian Zhi - In the case, Bai is the family name and the given name is Qian Zhi (sometimes the name is joined and it's Qianzhi, where the two characters are joined together to form one word in the English representation). 

When you add a title, the position of the title in relation to the name would be different in English as compared to Mandarin. For Bai Qianzhi, It would be "Princess Qianzhi" or "Qianzhi Gongzhu" or even "Bai Gongzhu" (this would be a more formal / official way of addressing the princess). 

Just a bit of trivia for anyone who's interested! Don't worry too much about it being correct. But if you really want it to be accurate to traditional Chinese naming conventions, just post and I'll help out if I can! 

Oh, and I'll add the link to the Chinese name generator in the main post! 

ETA: Does anyone want me to put this in the main post under Naming Conventions? I'm worried that it might be a little overwhelming. Ultimately, the only hard rule about naming is to tag on a Prince / Princess title. 

Edited by MinkishMinx

Clan Leader applications are Closed

Voting will begin shortly. 

A vote will be carried out via a public poll (names will be displayed) on Jan 23. The poll will run till Jan 26, 12am EST. Results will be tabulated and announced either on the same day or Jan 27.  

Clan members may only vote for their own Clan Leader. In other words, if you're from Jade, you may not put in a vote for any of the Sky or Rose candidate. 

In the event of a tie, another round of voting will take place between the two candidates. 

If there's still a tie, MinkishMinx will make the final call. 

The new Clan Leaders will be announced on Jan 29 (or maybe sooner if everything is confirmed before then). 

Here's a list of your Clan Leader candidates: 

Clan Leader Applicants: 

Edited by MinkishMinx

@MinkishMinx Oh, that's actually really interesting! (I know nothing about Chinese culture or linguistics haha).

Also, whoo voting! Can't wait to get out Clan Leaders *shiny eyes*

@MinkishMinx Ty for the confirmation - I don't know how to put the various marks above letters so guess I'll hafta go with what I have lol. Can't hurt to put it in the naming area, you've got a lot of spoilers already keeping things clean so this one could go with a caveat that says FYI not required lol. Just let me know if I name something a word or phrase that I shouldn't use :)

23 minutes ago, TempestSea said:

@MinkishMinx Ty for the confirmation - I don't know how to put the various marks above letters so guess I'll hafta go with what I have lol. Can't hurt to put it in the naming area, you've got a lot of spoilers already keeping things clean so this one could go with a caveat that says FYI not required lol. Just let me know if I name something a word or phrase that I shouldn't use :)

I second this! If I happen to name any of my lineage dragons something innappropriate, please let me know and I'll change it

On 1/2/2018 at 10:22 AM, MinkishMinx said:

I would like to become a breeder! 
Name: TempestSea
Link to Scroll: here
PM Link: Here?

Clan I am from: Jade
Will I breed for someone of a different clan? : Yes 

Name and lineage of breeding pair: Lu Yu Junwang and Feng Mian Guifei CB
Generation of Offspring: 3rd