Story: birdzgoboom

Scroll Badges: PieMaster

News announcement graphic: Shajana

On-site announcement graphic : Shajana

Tetrominoes: Marrionetta, TCA

Board background: Shajana

Meters: Shajana

Message added by purpledragonclaw

The wall we have now are still the eggs released on Christmas day... so if there were more released for the two more days after... O_O

Edited by DorkJulian
math is hard

3 minutes ago, DorkJulian said:

The wall we have now are still the eggs released on Christmas day... so if there were more released for the two more days after... O_O

Quick, change the limit to 3 lol!    I just do not see that many people hanging out this late to try to catch them, seriously afraid they will just sit there!

Edited by Karobb

1 minute ago, Karobb said:

Quick, change the limit to 3 lol!    I just do not see that many people hanging out this late to try to catch them, seriously afraid they will just sit there!

This wall has happened for many years, it always cleans up eventually

You guys helped too much- there's now a wall of ungrabbable eggs.

And no, I don't think this wall has happened for years, only when the drops have lasted more than one day and people think they're 'helping' by abandoning theirs and having time to get more.

1 minute ago, Dragon_Arbock said:

You guys helped too much- there's now a wall of ungrabbable eggs.

And no, I don't think this wall has happened for years, only when the drops have lasted more than one day and people think they're 'helping' by abandoning theirs and having time to get more.

Maybe not years, but I know it happened last year, and I'm pretty sure at least the year before too. It's not just people trying to help, it's also code hunters. But there have been a few people saying they missed out, and probably more that didn't talk about it. Just because it's inconvenient for you, doesn't mean it isn't helping others.

1 minute ago, AppleMango said:

Maybe not years, but I know it happened last year, and I'm pretty sure at least the year before too. It's not just people trying to help, it's also code hunters. But there have been a few people saying they missed out, and probably more that didn't talk about it. Just because it's inconvenient for you, doesn't mean it isn't helping others.

It's not just inconvenient to me- it's inconvenient to 99% of the players who took 5 minutes to grab their pair and now can't do anything.

it's also a lot worse to let a lot of eggs die behind them than to cater to the 1% who missed out.

Besides, they'll return next year- I think there's no longer a need for 3 day drops if people are gonna do this.

2 minutes ago, AppleMango said:

LOL, it is not moving at all, check out the codes!

10 hours ago, Karobb said:

Fair enough, the sprite is lovely, just wish they had a bit more sparkle to them like actual garland!

Yes that's the only thing I would wish for too. 

Well with the wall of Garland eggs, this only means that the Christmas wall is finally coming to a close. Not that it matters as much for me, as a cave hunter, not an AP hunter.

Just now, Condorflight said:

Well with the wall of Garland eggs, this only means that the Christmas wall is finally coming to a close. Not that it matters as much for me, as a cave hunter, not an AP hunter.

Not if everyone online has their limit of 2, of course I imagine TJ will just fix it in the morning or something

2 minutes ago, Karobb said:

LOL, it is not moving at all, check out the codes!

Unless TJ has had to get rid of the wall every other time this has happened, they will move eventually. :)

3 minutes ago, Dragon_Arbock said:

It's not just inconvenient to me- it's inconvenient to 99% of the players who took 5 minutes to grab their pair and now can't do anything.

it's also a lot worse to let a lot of eggs die behind them than to cater to the 1% who missed out.

Besides, they'll return next year- I think there's no longer a need for 3 day drops if people are gonna do this.

If it bothers you, then freeze and release your pair, and grab 2 more from the AP to help clear it.  That's what I do with the messy holidays that clog the AP because nobody wants them ^_^

Wow.. first time I've ever seen a Christmas wall of the present year's egg... Poor babies!

At the same time... when the wall is clear I'll likely still be hatchie locked. Oi. >_<

Edited by Nyxity

I know this happened last year to the near same extent, being a wall of new CB Christmas dragons. It went away after a bit of time. People just need to be a little patient and everything will soon be back to the normal way of DC.

2 minutes ago, Cielmuir said:

If it bothers you, then freeze and release your pair, and grab 2 more from the AP to help clear it.  That's what I do with the messy holidays that clog the AP because nobody wants them ^_^

I got mine on the 25th on purpose, so no thanks, out of freezes in either case!

This is some great advice right here. Not sure why I never thought of it. 

5 minutes ago, Dragon_Arbock said:

I don't think any Holidays will return next year, unless TJ confirmed it somewhere and I missed it. I think he did it because it's been about 10 years since the first Holiday releases and is not making the Holiday biome an annual thing. It doesn't make sense to have an annual Holiday biome.

But I can take the messy holidays if I want to. The problem is I can't at all take these- and no, I will not risk something going wrong, nor do I want to lose progress on their growth.

@innate They will- the first post hints at it.

They'll be in the cave for three days (until 12/27 at 11:59 PM EST). After that, they're gone—at least for a while.

And it makes perfect sense to have an annual holiday biome- new users join every year, therefore they also need CBs- should they miss out for not joining in time?

@innate he said right in the first post that these will only be gone “for a while.” While he could just be implying bred ones, I’m guessing the holiday biomes will be permanent. Which is a great thing—doesn’t seem kind to make someone who missed a drop during a very busy time of year wait another decade to try again. Heck, there were people here trying all week who still didn’t manage to catch everything they needed.

1 minute ago, innate said:

I don't think any Holidays will return next year, unless TJ confirmed it somewhere and I missed it. I think he did it because it's been about 10 years since the first Holiday releases and is not making the Holiday biome an annual thing. It doesn't make sense to have an annual Holiday biome.

The wording in the Halloween post hinted at it coming back next year, but the Christmas post pretty much said they won't be back. This is just how I'm interpreting it, but yeah.

Quote from Halloween thread: 

"A new dragon will be released on 10/31, and drop for 24 hours. After that, it's gone (at least until next year)."

Quote from Christmas thread: 

A new holiday dragon will be available starting at 00:00 EST on 12/25. It will drop for exactly three days; after this time it will no longer be available from the cave. There will be a limit of two of these eggs from the cave.

Added italics so people can see where my thoughts are coming from :P 

If so, I'm grabbing all the Omen Wyrms I can next Halloween. Love them.

Hmm, I don't know. "A while" is pretty subjective to me. It could mean a year, it could mean more. I still wouldn't make assumptions, but that's just me.