Story: birdzgoboom

Scroll Badges: PieMaster

News announcement graphic: Shajana

On-site announcement graphic : Shajana

Tetrominoes: Marrionetta, TCA

Board background: Shajana

Meters: Shajana

1 minute ago, AppleMango said:

The wording in the Halloween post hinted at it coming back next year, but the Christmas post pretty much said they won't be back. This is just how I'm interpreting it, but yeah.

Quote from Halloween thread: 

"A new dragon will be released on 10/31, and drop for 24 hours. After that, it's gone (at least until next year)."

Quote from Christmas thread: 

A new holiday dragon will be available starting at 00:00 EST on 12/25. It will drop for exactly three days; after this time it will no longer be available from the cave. There will be a limit of two of these eggs from the cave.

Added italics so people can see where my thoughts are coming from :P 

Um it says this, maybe he changed it?

And don't forget to grab these new Holiday eggs. They'll be in the cave for three days (until 12/27 at 11:59 PM EST). After that, they're gone—at least for a while.

Also bummed about this wall—stayed up an extra two hours to try to catch the hatchie flood, but can’t push it any further on a work night. Not really time wasted since I was enjoying Troll Hunters with a sibling, but still annoying to get so close only to be thwarted! XD

If anyone here was dumping to the  AP, probably not worth doing it any more except with Halloweens, since everything comes around again anyway. ...Though I suppose some appreciate it this year. Just not ENOUGH people, it seems! XD 

@AppleMango

Go read the first post of this thread

They'll be in the cave for three days (until 12/27 at 11:59 PM EST). After that, they're gone—at least for a while.

Seems to imply to me they will be back.

And @innate It would make no sense to take one step forward in being accommodating to new players, then two steps back again.

@Dragon_Arbock

"And it makes perfect sense to have an annual holiday biome- new users join every year, therefore they also need CBs- should they miss out for not joining in time?" 

I mean, that's the way it's been for the past 10 years. We just had to accept the fact that there were some CB dragons that were simply, unobtainable. So it wouldn't surprise me if the Holiday biome didn't come back. Or maybe it'll be back every two or three years. I'm not holding my breath that it's a yearly thing. 

2 minutes ago, Karobb said:

Um it says this, maybe he changed it?

And don't forget to grab these new Holiday eggs. They'll be in the cave for three days (until 12/27 at 11:59 PM EST). After that, they're gone—at least for a while.

It hasn't changed, I was looking at the other thread. All I look at in the first post of this thread is TJ's holidays. :P Maybe he's changed his mind. I don't think it's confirmed either way, I think we'll just have to wait and see. I think it's possible to have a holiday biome but not have all the holidays in it. Like rotate what it drops each year.

5 minutes ago, Dragon_Arbock said:

And @innate It would make no sense to take one step forward in being accommodating to new players, then two steps back again.

Not gonna lie I would feel pretty cheated if I joined DC in 2018 and everybody on the forums was like "Yeah last year we were able to grab CBs of every holiday dragon, too bad for you they're not doing it this year, sorry, maybe wait for another 10 years?"

EDIT: Before anyone says anything I'm not stating my opinion either way... but just imagine yourself in that scenario. XD; ("OMG WHY DIDN'T I JOIN ONE YEAR EARLIER?!")

Edited by DorkJulian

@Dragon_Arbock I saw the Holiday biomes as a special event, somewhat akin to a 10-year anniversary event, not necessarily a yearly implementation for new players. Maybe it is, maybe not. I'm not saying either of us are right or wrong. That was just how I saw things. I personally don't have a problem with whatever he decides so I'm just speculating here.

2 minutes ago, Forest said:

@Dragon_Arbock

"And it makes perfect sense to have an annual holiday biome- new users join every year, therefore they also need CBs- should they miss out for not joining in time?" 

I mean, that's the way it's been for the past 10 years. We just had to accept the fact that there were some CB dragons that were simply, unobtainable. So it wouldn't surprise me if the Holiday biome didn't come back. Or maybe it'll be back every two or three years. I'm not holding my breath that it's a yearly thing. 

Just because that's the way it's been, doesn't mean that's the way it should have been. That it took 10 years for this to happen in the first place is rather sad.

@innate It better not be 10 years. If it's that long, I'm not sure I see this site still lasting that long. Nothing says 'inviting' to new players knowing there's 20 years worth of dragons they can't get.

None of this solves the current issue of ungrabbable CBs in the AP however, on the plus side more time for things to grow up and give me more spaces for whatever is behind this wall that is not dead yet!

While giving my poor sore hunting arm a rest and fixing supper I had a thought.  I've seen some Z codes in there, Z collecters who still need their new Z holiday go hunt!

@Dragon_Arbock Tbh I didn't even think this game would be around when I left in like 2011 and came back a few months ago haha. Who knows what'll happen?

By the way, if anyone here wants to go hunting for a CB Vampire egg I had bitten that got abandoned,  this is the egg. Idk when it'll make it to the AP, hopefully it does :) I grabbed it and had it bitten at 6:03am cavetime.

So, now the new holidays have reached the AP, does this mean there won't be any more bred holidays coming through?

The hatchie waterfall's wall is gonna take a few days worth of breaking... Let's hope we don't lose too many babies in the flood.

I don't have a problem with there being a wall of CB Garlands in the AP. There have been several people posting in this thread, trade threads, and the bad luck thread that they missed the release entirely. Not everyone had time to log in to DC, what with Christmas and all. The eggs will either be picked up or die once they run out of time, if TJ doesn't step in before then. 

This is also why I did my AP hunting earlier on as a precaution.

8 minutes ago, innate said:

@Dragon_Arbock I saw the Holiday biomes as a special event, somewhat akin to a 10-year anniversary event, not necessarily a yearly implementation for new players. Maybe it is, maybe not. I'm not saying either of us are right or wrong. That was just how I saw things. I personally don't have a problem with whatever he decides so I'm just speculating here.

I am pretty sure this is going to be staying.

Yeah, I don't know see to much of a problem with the AP wall. It will go away eventually, nothing to much to worry about!

2 minutes ago, bonvoyage said:

So, now the new holidays have reached the AP, does this mean there won't be any more bred holidays coming through?

The past times this has happened, there's been eggs that have been thrown back and hatchies behind the wall :)

1 minute ago, The Dragoness said:

I don't have a problem with there being a wall of CB Garlands in the AP. There have been several people posting in this thread, trade threads, and the bad luck thread that they missed the release entirely. Not everyone had time to log in to DC, what with Christmas and all. The eggs will either be picked up or die once they run out of time, if TJ doesn't step in before then. 

This is also why I did my AP hunting earlier on as a precaution.

Well after the Halloween wall finally crumbled I was able to get a bunch of non-xmas ers out of the AP, I was kind of hoping for that scenario, my xmas stuff is done

Ohhh lord that AP. XD Good will backfired... I'm glad now that I got lazy and didn't abandon and recatch. Makes it really easy for people who missed the release, at least. I wonder how old the nonholiday eggs will be once they clear...

6 minutes ago, Starscream said:

I am pretty sure this is going to be staying.

Then I'll have to remember to come back next year for my missing Halloweens!

In other news, I think we're at least AHEAD of where we were around midnight cave time last night with the mana bar? It's at 85%.

(Last night at 1AM cave time it was still at 63, wasn't it? I seem to remember posting about it.)

Edited by DorkJulian
Found my post, 23 hours ago, it checks out :P

Well, to whomever missed the CB drop or are hardcore code comvers, happy hunting for Garland dragons in the AP!

The AP is not the only way to get eggs, you know. If you can't pick up any of the eggs currently in the AP, there are 6 biomes to hunt, as well as however many adult dragons you have that you can breed. I personally know quite a few people who weren't able to get their 2 and are probably very happy for this AP new-egg flood. Not everyone can steal away time to be online to grab pixel dragons during the holidays, so it's always nice to come on after the holiday bustle and still be able to participate. IF the holiday biome comes back in future years then maybe people don't need to catch-and-abandon the new eggs as much, since they'll be available as CBs again the next year, but until we know that for sure I wouldn't make any assumptions.

I personally find it hard to believe that people can't take 5 minutes out of three days to grab two eggs with very limited competition.