Jump to content
TJ09

2017-12-18 - Holiday Event Schedule

Recommended Posts

Checked my scroll and got my answer I only had one of the so called is it Giftwrap one.  My 2nd one is a son of my CB!!! Soooooo maybe I will keep it :)

 

May dump my Candy Cane yulebuck one in the AC--its parents are both cbs.  Mother is a vine,  I have enough of them on my scroll.  That way I can nab 2 of the 2018 eggs when the drops start after midnight.

 

Saw Holly egg but couldn't get it despite clicking on it, Lag is so-so. Just missed another one. Have no luck in getting them if they appear in the middle or on the opposite side.  Abandoned my yulebuck eggie to anybody that is looking for a 2nd generation one, :)

Edited by Earth Gurl
Combined triple post.

Share this post


Link to post

My first Dragon cave Christmas! i had fun catching eggs i managed to get 2 sets of all the draons (bread sets) now next year will be chasing CB sets cant wait for the new eggs to drop! and hopefully next year i will be able to hold more then 7 eggs!

Share this post


Link to post

checking out dragons on wiki. There are a lot I either have to breed for or catch as soon as the xmas event is over with.

Share this post


Link to post

What the $%& is going on with DC???  I click on the holly egg and it said I had my limit of 2 for this one. Like yeah right. I looked on my scroll and I only have 1 egg, The other one is a cb xmas wrap one not a holly.  And the rest of the hollies are 4generations and up,  Throws bucket of water at DC. 

 

I checked just now and the only cb is the egg I just got.  All the rest of the Adults are 4 generations and up.  So where does it get a 2nd one from? 

 

Edited by LuvDragons

Share this post


Link to post

I can't wait to see what the new egg will be like.

Share this post


Link to post
4 minutes ago, LuvDragons said:

What the $%& is going on with DC???  I click on the holly egg and it said I had my limit of 2 for this one. Like yeah right. I looked on my scroll and I only have 1 egg, The other one is a cb xmas wrap one not a holly.  And the rest of the hollies are 4generations and up,  Throws bucket of water at DC. 

are you sure? check here https://dragcave.net/help/limits

It's also possible you clicked on the egg after the Holly if you were refreshing a lot. 

The best way is to hold ctrl and hit  f5 (if on a PC) and while clicking on the far right egg over and over don't even wait for it to load. If Hollys are the only ones you need, you won't be able to get the others. 

 

Share this post


Link to post

Finally reached my gifting goal! ^_^ Now to to wait until the last one is picked up and then I'm off to catch pretty Winter Magi and Aegis off the AP. 

Share this post


Link to post

I think DC has been into the rum and egg nog for sure.  I went into the 5to 2 drops and there was a holly egg and I clicked on it and guess what happened?? I got it and there was none of this weird saying I already had 2 of this dragon. Was surprised to get it seeing that it said on the twenty two one that I couldn't get it. Make up your mind now which is it. At any rate despite the weird incident I officially got my 2 CB hollies, Never a dull moment with them honestly. 

Share this post


Link to post

Thanks to the kindness of another I have a CB Holly. I am more than thankful to have just one. I'm still hunting for that CB Yulebuck, but if I just end up with the cbs I have now I'm good. I managed to grab 2 CB Ribbons, my second CB Wrapping Wing, 2 CB Winter Magi and a CB snow angel.  This has been an awesome holiday season so far.

Share this post


Link to post

Checked my scroll for egg limits and since I have a gold trophy I can I imagine get 7 eggs and I only have 3,   Sooo I have more than enough room to grab 2  of the xmas caveborn ones for 2018 at midnight.   I remember when the holly ones first came out but I had no luck in getting one from the drops or either that I missed out on that year as I didn"t join DC until the year after, I did manage to grab several of them in the ac but they were all 4 generations or up. Sooooo I now have my 2 CBs and I now have every CB Xmas dragon that was released on my scroll!!!!  YAY!!

Share this post


Link to post

I got my first snow angel(?) to grow up and it has gold wings! Which are probably my favorites. I haven't decided, though.

Share this post


Link to post

got all the CBs i was missing today, now i just really want a bunch of gen2 of the snow ones cuz they are my favorite, got two to freeze but i need me some more adults x)

Share this post


Link to post
36 minutes ago, DragonLady86 said:

are you sure? check here https://dragcave.net/help/limits

It's also possible you clicked on the egg after the Holly if you were refreshing a lot. 

The best way is to hold ctrl and hit  f5 (if on a PC) and while clicking on the far right egg over and over don't even wait for it to load. If Hollys are the only ones you need, you won't be able to get the others. 

 

You actually really don't want to use ctrl+F5. It's always going to be slower than a normal refresh; since the difference between the two is that ctrl+F5 bypasses your browser's cache. The biome itself won't be cached either way, so instead your browser is wasting time downloading things like the biome background and other things that it already has cached.

Share this post


Link to post

WOOHOO! Got my last Yulebuck and Ribbon Dancer. I have them all! I HAVE THEM ALL. OMGGGGGGGGGGG

 

Also, that may be so, TJ, but on a laptop (for example) I find it quicker to use CTL-F5 even with the added load time. My machine is quick enough that the additional time loading the background and such is still faster than the time I get when physically trying to click reload, whether on the touchscreen tapping the name of the biome or using the touchpad/mouse buttons. I've been experimenting with it It's weird but true. I suspect most people use CTL-F5 for that reason. It may be a bit slower in computer-loading terms, but in terms of how fast you can physically hammer the buttons, the keyboard usually wins. So it makes you FEEL like you're refreshing faster even when, in many cases, people probably WOULD do better using normal refresh.

Share this post


Link to post

You know... I've just gotten my first CB holly ever and I think I'm about done with this site.

 

I was appalled to see the old breeds released in October, and even though I knew this was coming, I'm crushed now - that the thing so many people pined over, considered the pinnacle of aspiration over the years and valued second-gen offspring like precious gems, drops like a common. I didn't sell my soul trading for those second-gens, but plenty of people did. I just... don't feel investment when I can get anything I want without work. There's no point to legacy anything anymore; I just feel like there's no real sense of accomplishment to anything unless you're among the artists and spriters, and that's a very exclusive cadre. No, the oldest and the luckiest users having all the trading fodder wasn't a healthy state for a game, but to me, opportunity-communism has even less value. Call me an elitist if you will, but I like when there's some goodies you get simply on account of having been somewhere a while. 

 

I mean. I just got a caveborn holly and I didn't feel the most remote flicker of excitement. It was like picking up any other holiday egg. I got the other breed I'd missed caveborns of, I got a cb wrapping-wing to replace one I'd released way back when in order to get a frozen hatchling. And I don't care at all. Most people are happy with this, and that's fine, but I think this is where I have to admit my experience is done.

Share this post


Link to post
32 minutes ago, Lurhstaap said:

WOOHOO! Got my last Yulebuck and Ribbon Dancer. I have them all! I HAVE THEM ALL. OMGGGGGGGGGGG

 

Also, that may be so, TJ, but on a laptop (for example) I find it quicker to use CTL-F5 even with the added load time. My machine is quick enough that the additional time loading the background and such is still faster than the time I get when physically trying to click reload, whether on the touchscreen tapping the name of the biome or using the touchpad/mouse buttons. I've been experimenting with it It's weird but true. I suspect most people use CTL-F5 for that reason. It may be a bit slower in computer-loading terms, but in terms of how fast you can physically hammer the buttons, the keyboard usually wins. So it makes you FEEL like you're refreshing faster even when, in many cases, people probably WOULD do better using normal refresh.

There's definitely likely some delay induced by clicking on the biome link or clicking reload. From a technical perspective, clicking on the biome link is fastest, but requires mouse movements.

 

Pressing just F5 (and not Ctrl+F5) should be mechanically the same speed, though, and result in faster page loads.

Share this post


Link to post
18 minutes ago, Dianacat777 said:

You know... I've just gotten my first CB holly ever and I think I'm about done with this site.

 

I was appalled to see the old breeds released in October, and even though I knew this was coming, I'm crushed now - that the thing so many people pined over, considered the pinnacle of aspiration over the years and valued second-gen offspring like precious gems, drops like a common. I didn't sell my soul trading for those second-gens, but plenty of people did. I just... don't feel investment when I can get anything I want without work. There's no point to legacy anything anymore; I just feel like there's no real sense of accomplishment to anything unless you're among the artists and spriters, and that's a very exclusive cadre. No, the oldest and the luckiest users having all the trading fodder wasn't a healthy state for a game, but to me, opportunity-communism has even less value. Call me an elitist if you will, but I like when there's some goodies you get simply on account of having been somewhere a while. 

 

I mean. I just got a caveborn holly and I didn't feel the most remote flicker of excitement. It was like picking up any other holiday egg. I got the other breed I'd missed caveborns of, I got a cb wrapping-wing to replace one I'd released way back when in order to get a frozen hatchling. And I don't care at all. Most people are happy with this, and that's fine, but I think this is where I have to admit my experience is done.

the game itself doesn't care about lineages whether the dragon is 2g from a spriters alt to a 15g inbred messy line. it treats them the same. the only difference the game sees between eggs is whether or not they are bred or cb along with what breed the egg is. the point of this game isnt to trade its to pick whatever dragons you can and want and raise them. thats it. anything else is extra brought on by personal preference and play style by individual players of this game. there is accomplishment. if someone spent 5 years collecting 100 different breed able hollies that is an accomplishment at least to them. you or someone else may not think its a big deal but it is still an accomplishment. the only ingame accomplishments are trophy levels. anything else is player driven. the trading market was out of whack and people were struggling to do lineages which is part of THEIR accomplishments. the trade market is slowly recovering with monthly raffles and now everyone getting a chance at all cb holidays. and imo it provides a chance for a new rare or two to be introduced into the cave. 

 

and you do get some goodies for being here awhile. they're the badges at the top of your scroll. no way to get one if you werent here in time. but it is elitist to say that only a few select players can have something that affects gameplay just because they knew the site existed back then. if you dont get excitement from getting a cb holly thats on you. no one if forcing you to go catch cb hollies so really don't be so bitter about something that is good for virtually everyone on this site and the site itself in the long run.

Share this post


Link to post
28 minutes ago, Dianacat777 said:

You know... I've just gotten my first CB holly ever and I think I'm about done with this site.

 

I was appalled to see the old breeds released in October, and even though I knew this was coming, I'm crushed now - that the thing so many people pined over, considered the pinnacle of aspiration over the years and valued second-gen offspring like precious gems, drops like a common. I didn't sell my soul trading for those second-gens, but plenty of people did. I just... don't feel investment when I can get anything I want without work. There's no point to legacy anything anymore; I just feel like there's no real sense of accomplishment to anything unless you're among the artists and spriters, and that's a very exclusive cadre. No, the oldest and the luckiest users having all the trading fodder wasn't a healthy state for a game, but to me, opportunity-communism has even less value. Call me an elitist if you will, but I like when there's some goodies you get simply on account of having been somewhere a while. 

 

I mean. I just got a caveborn holly and I didn't feel the most remote flicker of excitement. It was like picking up any other holiday egg. I got the other breed I'd missed caveborns of, I got a cb wrapping-wing to replace one I'd released way back when in order to get a frozen hatchling. And I don't care at all. Most people are happy with this, and that's fine, but I think this is where I have to admit my experience is done.

 

I'm sorry you feel that way. I totally get the feeling of maybe it's just time to move on, I've been there done that with a couple other sites. 

 

However, I am *very* glad that 2nd-gen Hollies are no longer the end-all-be-all, that it will no longer cost and arm and a leg for one, that those of us who don't have Spriter's Alts or CB Prizes won't be totally left out of ever getting a low-gen Holly, as has been the case in the past. I do understand that some people really really value their special, "most people don't have this" dragon(s), but *so* many of us look at that and totally despise it. I hate that there has been such an imbalance in the economy, that people who have CB Hollies or CB Prizes can completely control 99% of the trading market, and it seems like 90% of *any* sort of trades only want low-gen Prizes or Hollies or Spriter's Alts no matter what they are trading. I've always hated that, and I am so glad that these re-releases will lessen that a little bit.

 

I've been catching and trading CB Hollies for the last few days and I get a thrill every single time I catch one, despite not caring for CBs and not intending to keep them. It's still exciting because I'm going up against 100+ other people in that biome, and most of them are probably trying for that Holly too, so when I catch one it feels like an accomplishment. But I definitely do understand that some people see this re-release as a negative thing... There have been things in DC's past that have made me consider throwing in the towel, and I did leave the game for a long stretch of time when I just didn't find it enjoyable anymore. Thankfully, for me the enjoyment came back.

Share this post


Link to post
35 minutes ago, Marie19R said:

 

I'm sorry you feel that way. I totally get the feeling of maybe it's just time to move on, I've been there done that with a couple other sites. 

 

However, I am *very* glad that 2nd-gen Hollies are no longer the end-all-be-all, that it will no longer cost and arm and a leg for one, that those of us who don't have Spriter's Alts or CB Prizes won't be totally left out of ever getting a low-gen Holly, as has been the case in the past. I do understand that some people really really value their special, "most people don't have this" dragon(s), but *so* many of us look at that and totally despise it. I hate that there has been such an imbalance in the economy, that people who have CB Hollies or CB Prizes can completely control 99% of the trading market, and it seems like 90% of *any* sort of trades only want low-gen Prizes or Hollies or Spriter's Alts no matter what they are trading. I've always hated that, and I am so glad that these re-releases will lessen that a little bit.

 

I've been catching and trading CB Hollies for the last few days and I get a thrill every single time I catch one, despite not caring for CBs and not intending to keep them. It's still exciting because I'm going up against 100+ other people in that biome, and most of them are probably trying for that Holly too, so when I catch one it feels like an accomplishment. But I definitely do understand that some people see this re-release as a negative thing... There have been things in DC's past that have made me consider throwing in the towel, and I did leave the game for a long stretch of time when I just didn't find it enjoyable anymore. Thankfully, for me the enjoyment came back.

This for me. I don't see them as dropping 'like commons'. From what I have been seeing you have to be QUICK if you want to grab a CB Holly before someone else does.

Would I be excited if I actually caught one? Oh, yeah I would!

 

I can't presume to speak for others, of course, just my two cents.

Edited by Silverswift

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, TJ09 said:

There's definitely likely some delay induced by clicking on the biome link or clicking reload. From a technical perspective, clicking on the biome link is fastest, but requires mouse movements.

 

Pressing just F5 (and not Ctrl+F5) should be mechanically the same speed, though, and result in faster page loads.

 

Well, in my case it's just slow hands lol I have some small motor and visual-motor processing speed deficiencies. So it's physically easier to leave my hand in one spot pressing a key than it is to tap on a screen or the mousepad. Only slightly, but enough to make a difference. That said, I didn't know that just F5 would do a refresh. Very interesting. I picked all these keyboard commands up piecemeal over living half my life on the Internet. I imagine most other players did, too. Most of us probably think of CTL-F5 as 'refresh' and don't know there's a difference. Thanks for the education! Just sitting on F5 is even easier. No thumb stretch to CTL. :D

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, Dianacat777 said:

You know... I've just gotten my first CB holly ever and I think I'm about done with this site.

 

I was appalled to see the old breeds released in October, and even though I knew this was coming, I'm crushed now - that the thing so many people pined over, considered the pinnacle of aspiration over the years and valued second-gen offspring like precious gems, drops like a common. I didn't sell my soul trading for those second-gens, but plenty of people did. I just... don't feel investment when I can get anything I want without work. There's no point to legacy anything anymore; I just feel like there's no real sense of accomplishment to anything unless you're among the artists and spriters, and that's a very exclusive cadre. No, the oldest and the luckiest users having all the trading fodder wasn't a healthy state for a game, but to me, opportunity-communism has even less value. Call me an elitist if you will, but I like when there's some goodies you get simply on account of having been somewhere a while. 

 

I mean. I just got a caveborn holly and I didn't feel the most remote flicker of excitement. It was like picking up any other holiday egg. I got the other breed I'd missed caveborns of, I got a cb wrapping-wing to replace one I'd released way back when in order to get a frozen hatchling. And I don't care at all. Most people are happy with this, and that's fine, but I think this is where I have to admit my experience is done.

 

It's too bad that this event has been so disappointing for you. From what I can tell, the majority of people are really enjoying the chance to get CBs that they either missed, or never had a chance for due to the date they began playing. As others have said above, it's still taking work to be patient and quick enough to grab Hollies from the Holiday biome! There are a number of frustrated posts that can attest to that! Also, I have no idea what you mean by "opportunity-communism."

 

1 hour ago, Marie19R said:

However, I am *very* glad that 2nd-gen Hollies are no longer the end-all-be-all, that it will no longer cost and arm and a leg for one, that those of us who don't have Spriter's Alts or CB Prizes won't be totally left out of ever getting a low-gen Holly, as has been the case in the past. I do understand that some people really really value their special, "most people don't have this" dragon(s), but *so* many of us look at that and totally despise it. I hate that there has been such an imbalance in the economy, that people who have CB Hollies or CB Prizes can completely control 99% of the trading market, and it seems like 90% of *any* sort of trades only want low-gen Prizes or Hollies or Spriter's Alts no matter what they are trading. I've always hated that, and I am so glad that these re-releases will lessen that a little bit.

 

^This is important, too. I don't know how the re-release will affect future trading, but it will definitely be better to have less players feeling left out and frustrated. A lot of people this year have also gotten their first CB Hollies ever, and are very happy about it. I am super thankful that TJ is doing such a cool thing for newer players and for those who missed out in previous years.

Share this post


Link to post
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.