TJ09

2017-12-18 - Holiday Event Schedule

@Tigerkralle absolutely! Shockingly the Val's were the easiest to get so I'm only missing last year's release (of course). I'll either be able to breed and keep for myself or bloodswap it. Huzzah for my holly collecting self! This is truly heaven for me as someone who loves and collects hollies.

I just need one more CB Valentine '09 and I'm good to go. I was lucky to get one CB back in the day, and that one might have been a gift. :) 

I really wish that we could catch one more CB egg on the Christmas (and I'm assuming) Valentine eggs just to gift them, no trading, and once they hatch on the original catcher's scroll, they auto-abandon to the AP. We could really help other dragontenders!

I really, REALLY look forward to getting Sweetlings... alts or no. They're so cute! I'm glad that the overall reception was positive... I'd really hate for something so needed to be ruined by a few sour grapes :(

I, for one, welcome our new Holiday overlords-

1 minute ago, Marie19R said:

I just checked my Valentines, I knew I only had one CB Valentine '09, but apparently I have no CB Sweetlings at all? I didn't realize that. I guess I'll be after some Sweetlings if/when V-day CB re-release happens. 

I momentarily forgot daylight savings time was a thing, and thought DragonCave was still 3 hours ahead of me, so I thought the event and new dragon would start in less then 10 minutes. .... Nope, still an hour to go. Booo.

HAHAHA!XD  I've been so invested in the breeding portion of the Christmas season, I nearly forgot all about the actual event.

And I know I only need the Val '09's & the Sweetlings.  I joined in time for CB Sweetlings, but the Cave was so laggy that year, & I was such a new player (didn't join the forum until March) that I gave up trying to catch them after the first day & just collected lineaged stuff.  Dang, wish I'd known then what I know now.:P

35 minutes ago, Jazeki said:

I'm sorry you felt that I denigrated you and that you are so disenchanted by the new holidays that you feel the need to leave after playing so long. Perhaps it was your phrasing that struck a cord, but I do hope you find happiness outside DC. 

39 minutes ago, Tigerkralle said:

Farewell! I hope the good memories will be stronger in the end then all those bad feelings right now.
I hope you will find another place to be a lot more happy then you sound right now.

@dothefreddy So all this fresh blood right now for Hollies will give you hopefully a lot of good lineages for Valentine.

Thank you both, and I really appreciate it. I have found more fulfilling creative outlets, for the record... I just wish I'd given up on spriting a long time ago.

Denigration wasn't directed specifically at you. I was just frustrated at how so many people immediately ascribed to me the worst possible motives for daring to disagree with something that made them happy, and that left me grumpier than I was before.

Anyway, in spite of me being a sad sack - Merry almost-Christmas, everyone.

Edited by Dianacat777

I'm really glad they re-released the holidays.  I got to collect CBs of them all except for the Hollies, which is about what I was expecting XD I just saw four drop at the ten-minute mark, but I'm not holding out much hope that I'll be fast enough to snag one with 100+ people in the biome.  But at least there will be more 2nd gens to trade for, and I can try and snag holiday mates for when there are eggs next year!  

I am really happy that I managed to round out my other sets of CBs though, especially the Winter Magis and the Solstices.  Aside from the Aegis, those are my favorite holidays by a long shot.  

I hope they rerelease the CBs during Valentine's as well!  I'd love a chance to collect some CB Radiant Angels.  

I'll miss you too, DTF. If there's anything I'll take happily from Dragon Cave, it's all the good times on the IRC.

The hour is nigh. Forty-three minutes left, on my count.

I can't wait to see what the new Christmas egg will look like. Merry Christmas everyone.

I'm so excited! I'm egglocked for several more hours but I'll be drooling over everyone else's eggs!

15 minutes ago, Asketil said:

Is the holiday biome only available until 11:59 pm on Christmas?

Yes. It will disappear at 12:00 on the 26th.

5 minutes ago, Tehya Faye said:

At long last, I finally bred my two CB Mistletoes: One with a Blue Fire Gem and one with a Spinel Wyvern. Just in time to sit back and wait for the new holiday dragon drop. XD 

Oh I really like how it looks with the blue fire gem! That's pretty.

I'm locked. I will be locked until the morning, because I'm not going to stay up until 3am (my time, so 6am cave-time) to wait for my hatchies to grow.

Thank you @Jazeki

Out of curiosity are CB Holly's only male? I honestly don't know since I know bred ones can be influenced.

3 minutes ago, Marie19R said:

Oh I really like how it looks with the blue fire gem! That's pretty.

I'm locked. I will be locked until the morning, because I'm not going to stay up until 3am (my time, so 6am cave-time) to wait for my hatchies to grow.

Yeah, I was really pleased at how well the two looked together in my lineage mockups - I figured I would like them, but they worked even better than anticipated. ^^ 

@Asketil - yep, they'll only be male. 

Edited by Tehya Faye

I can't believe I completed my Christmas CB collection! This has been wonderful, thanks again TJ!

There's stuff I should be working on tonight, but it's so close to the new Christmas drop time, I can't focus on it.  :P

And I second looking forward to a (hopeful) old Valentine biome!  I'd love my own CB sweetlings and rosebuds - it have almost always been impossible to find 2G rosebuds in the AP, or even rosebuds that aren't staircase lineages.  I'd love more checker lineages for that breed.