TJ09

2017-12-18 - Holiday Event Schedule

8 minutes ago, jerzeeshadow said:

Someone mentioned a fruitcake dragon šŸ˜šŸ˜šŸ˜„

That would be great!Ā  Its egg would look like a dragon fruit!

(Look it up!)Ā  Ā Picture to come

Ā 

Dragon Fruit article

oh, perfect!

17 minutes ago, DragonNeko said:

Why do the newest dragons show up more than the older Holidays? Everybody is wanting to snag the CB Hollies they weren't able to get, but Hollies seem to barely show up... The only CB Holly I got, was a gift. I really hope I can get my second one before it's too late T^T

I think itā€™s more the fact that people grab them so quickly cause it they think they can get 2nd gen prizes for a CB Holly. Not sure if it works but thatā€™s all Iā€™m seeing in the trade forum.

Edited by dragonstar

Ah, Twimm, it's good to read I'm not the only one in a self-made pickle from failing to resist grabbing ERs, hatchlings, and pretty lineages not on my list from the AP. I'm glad they'll be dropping for three days so I can unlock for two.

i am also hopelessly hatchielocked from greedily grabbing ap eggs. so many pretties!

Edited by greycat

I spent the first couple day abandoning CBs to the AP for people, so I'm behind... XD; I think I'm going to manage to get the new CBs on Christmas Day like I usually try to, but it may be a narrow thing. After that it's time to gorge in the AP on all those delicious bred eggs. Can't wait!

*pokes Holly eggs* Still on cooldown. 5 hours feels like forever when the eggs in question are locking you! And 4 hours until two other eggs hatch. And 7 hours until my next hatchlings grow up. I am not patient enough for this!

22 minutes ago, dragonstar said:

I think itā€™s more the fact that people grab them so quickly cause it they think they can get 2nd gen prizes for a CB Holly. Not sure if it works but thatā€™s all Iā€™m seeing in the trade forum.

Ā 

They really were impossible to snag! ButĀ I was visited by a few angels this HOLLY-day season, and I'm eternally grateful for their wonderful gifts! ^_^

Ya know, while you wait for the new release you can pick up a few ribbons from the AP :)Ā  thanks!

Description reviewing is also a good way to pass time between five minute drops and before the new release! :D

Just now, Lagie said:

Description reviewing is also a good way to pass time between five minute drops and before the new release! :D

Uh, no, must unblock AP LOL!

I'm personally trying to find that perfect 2G Snow from the AP. No such luck, though. :dry: Snow and Harvest it is then. Maybe next year. :P

I finally reached my breed limits for all past CB Holidays! Didn't think it was possible because I only had Yulebucks. I missed so many pretty lineaged ones but I'm happy. :)Ā So many nights staying up late or waking up during the night to make sure I'm efficient with picking up eggs lol.

10 minutes ago, Fabula said:

I'm personally trying to find that perfect 2G Snow from the AP. No such luck, though. :dry: Snow and Harvest it is then. Maybe next year. :P

What do you want the mate of the Snow to be to be what you are looking for?

6 minutes ago, maratrekkan said:

What do you want the mate of the Snow to be to be what you are looking for?

That's the problem, I really don't know. I've spent since Halloween trying to figure out what I'd like with the Snows, even dragons I don't have yet. For some reason I haven't found much that I liked with the Snow besides the Harvest. But it's cool, there's always next year to find something (And think of all the new dragon releases during the next year! :wub: )

22 minutes ago, innate said:

I finally reached my breed limits for all past CB Holidays! Didn't think it was possible because I only had Yulebucks. I missed so many pretty lineaged ones but I'm happy. :)Ā So many nights staying up late or waking up during the night to make sure I'm efficient with picking up eggs lol.

Congratulations!! I so know how you feel! :D It's really awesome to have all past Holidays as CBs now~

10 minutes ago, Fabula said:

That's the problem, I really don't know. I've spent since Halloween trying to figure out what I'd like with the Snows, even dragons I don't have yet. For some reason I haven't found much that I liked with the Snow besides the Harvest. But it's cool, there's always next year to find something (And think of all the new dragon releases during the next year! :wub: )

Well I can breed that... if you got a spot open

Just now, maratrekkan said:

Well I can breed that... if you got a spot open

Oh no that's ok I had a CB Harvest ready to breed with my Snow, already bred it a day or two ago. :) Just so I have at least 3 adult Snows. But thank you for the offer! :D

@FabulaĀ Thank you!! I'm so glad I came back this year right before Halloween. :)Ā Can't wait to work on some nice lineages next year!

4 hours ago, Jazeki said:

It's kind of sad to see you post this for two reasons. One, that you're so upset that they're now "common" and that you don't see trying to catch them as an investment. There have been consistently 70-100 people in the biome. People don't go after commons like that. They've invested time and effort catching, trading, and working to gift these holidays to people without. I'm so happy that I've seen more hollies in the AP and more people happily commenting about hollies than ever. I did trade arms and legs for many of my holidays. I'm happy that I don't have to do it anymore.Ā 

The second reason I'm sad is that you were so upset by the return of Halloweens, knew this was coming, and stuck around just long enough to catch your holidays and then post that you're ready to leave. I understand wanting to leave, but why not just quietly catch your holidays and leave the site without commenting? If you leave, you leave. But why even post?Ā 

You want to know why I posted? Uh... why does anyone post? To express an opinion? Why did you post? I felt feelings, felt moderately alienated that nobody else verbally felt like me, and posted about said feelings. You clearly felt something about that and posted a response.

Ā 

Why did I stick around after Halloween? I don't know, maybe I hoped I might be wrong? Maybe I thought that I was not an infallible oracle to the future? Or I was hoping that hollies might drop like rares, and not just as frequently as any other holiday egg. The only reason they're at all difficult to catch is because people have singled them out as the prize they used to be... just like any bred holly egg used to be a catch, years back. People want what they don't have. That'll fade - it'd fade even if there wasn't a limit. I'd give it next year, probably - but I had no trouble catching mine. Was maybe the sixth one I clicked on. Couple I saw take two refreshes to vanish.Ā 

Ā 

And I didn't make the decision to leave until today. I was sad on Halloween, but it was the total ennui I felt upon obtaining the rarest and most desirable egg I knew of that made my mind.

Ā 

Heh. I give it a few years and everyone else will have access to all the old badges, too. Doesn't really matter.

Ā 

As for the trading system others have brought up... I don't really see how this fixes much. It's turned Hollies into something everyone has, but that just shifts the onus of desirability elsewhere and there are still super-rare dragons that fit that bill. It's still going to be broken and toxic for as long as prizes exist, and as long as spriters' alts exist. And while the prizes are a mess and have always been a mess, I do think the spriters deserve their alts, and nobody else deserves access to them. It's just that becoming a spriter isn't a terribly attainable goal, either. I don't begrudge anyone else their happiness; I really don't. But I've watched the site develop over the years and I've just sunk a lot more effort and emotional anticipation into it than I've gotten out, and I think it's time for me to call it quits, accept I will never find what I was chasing here, and move on.

Ā 

And if you still want me to justify the fact that I dared post about my feelings, the other reason I said this instead of quietly fading away was because I was looking for somebody to give the Holly to. Preferably somebody who didn't denigrate me, but hey.Ā 

Edited by Dianacat777

Well, I guess I just have to resign myself to trying for this last Yulebuck next year. Saw four in this last hour drop and couldn't catch a single one. T_T

Just now, innate said:

@FabulaĀ Thank you!! I'm so glad I came back this year right before Halloween. :)Ā Can't wait to work on some nice lineages next year!

You're welcome!! Ah I missed the whole thing during Halloween. I popped in long enough to get the new dragon and then I realized I'd missed out on CB past Halloweens. :( Didn't miss Christmas though. ;D

2 hours ago, Tehya Faye said:

I have no doubt any dragon we get is going to be fantastic, but an Aurora themed one would be pretty awesome. All the pretty ethereal colors~Ā 

Ā 

I love the idea of an aurora dragon!

Ā 

And I just wanted to say that there are kind dragontenders here who are very helpful!

Ā 

Happy holidays!

5 minutes ago, Fabula said:

Oh no that's ok I had a CB Harvest ready to breed with my Snow, already bred it a day or two ago. :) Just so I have at least 3 adult Snows. But thank you for the offer! :D

Okay cool. Happy egg catching and breeding.Ā :D

Ā 

Ā