Kaini

Raffle Discussion

aw, I didn't win the raffle. But, I saved enough shards (finally) to buy my first CB Gold, so I'm happy.

It has finally happen! *flails around happy*

I have actually won a prize dragon! ❤️ It's a silver tinsel!

I have no idea what gender i want it to be, so I just let that go and see what I get. :D

No win for me, as usual. But I love coming here and seeing excited posts from winners! Conga-rats to you! 

(And omg, finally a new raffle requirement! We've never had a 'hatch' requirement before!)

I'll be nomming some of that fruit!  Didn't win the raffle this year... maybe 2020 will be the one!

Congrats to those who got a pretty shiny!

Another 12 months of persistent entering resulted in 0 wins

While my cousin won like idk, around the third he entered or so, not sure

idk, maybe I should enter max 3 raffles every year to win? xD

Aww, I got nothing. Would've been a nice new year's present but I can't really complain, since I've already won this year.

3 hours ago, HeatherMarie said:

(And omg, finally a new raffle requirement! We've never had a 'hatch' requirement before!)

Ohhh thank you for the reminder! In the excitement for my win I forgot about the new raffle :P 

Easy one too, picked up six eggs from AP, incubated, ERed and voilà, already entered.

PS; I abandoned a hatchie with a messy lineage but it did not affect the requirement.

I just joined this game the day after Christmas and I got a prize dragon with this raffle. I'm so excited! It's a 2nd place western dragon. (Not sure what that's called normally) I can't wait till I have space to claim it.

@Dragon_Tamer_Rita

Congratulations! Now that's a fantastic start into the game. A 2nd place Western is also called "Silver Tinsel". With this you can trade for rares pretty easily, so you will be able to obtain CB Golds and CB Silvers in exchange of 2G shinies from your Tinsel which otherwise would be really hard to obtain for a new user. Have a lot of fun with your Prize!

A reminder for new Prize owners - Amazon_warrior created this extremely useful topic:

Edited by Astreya

23 minutes ago, Kiwiana said:

And again no win :( For years now. I really wished winning would only be allowed once to give others a chance too.

you know that will NOT actually help you win? There's way too many users enter, those like myself, who enter nearly every single month and never win, and newbies that register nearly everyday if not every single day.

And heck, I need people to have 2 of the same prize breed so I can have a chance at finding PBs for my own scroll goal, and since I need a pair per type... and got just 1 by now while needing a total of 12 of those, unrelated...

Not to mention it would be highly unfair towards people who haven't multi-won yet, because there already are people who did win more than once and can now breed e.g. PBs and other things others can't. It's way too late to introduce any kind of a limit.

But it's never too late to release those dragons in the Shard shop so everyone could work towards them - that would be the only fair change to this thing.

Edited by VixenDra

46 minutes ago, Dragon_Tamer_Rita said:

I just joined this game the day after Christmas and I got a prize dragon with this raffle. I'm so excited! It's a 2nd place western dragon. (Not sure what that's called normally) I can't wait till I have space to claim it.

Congratulations! And congrats to @Lady Dragoon and all the other winners that posted on the previous page. I'm glad to see familiar forum faces among the winners!

Needless to say I did not win, but I am only mildly disappointed by that.

I remember the first time Prize Dragons were awarded, and for years I've felt certain I'd never get one.  Today when I checked the raffle page I gasped, squee'd, and honestly almost cried.  I won a CB Bronze Tinsel!! 🥉🥰  I can finally breed shiny mates for these two!!  Over the moon and still in shock!

To everyone having 🍪🍪, my condolences.  It can take a really long time but hang in there!  And congrats to my fellow winners!!  

Edited by Maiden

*Eats another no win cookie.* Been entering since the raffles became a monthly thing and still no win. *Heavy sigh.* Maybe someday but man I just dunno if I have it in me to keep going and going after years of no luck.

2 hours ago, Fateweaver said:

*Eats another no win cookie.* Been entering since the raffles became a monthly thing and still no win. *Heavy sigh.* Maybe someday but man I just dunno if I have it in me to keep going and going after years of no luck.

I participated for a prize since the first time, when there was no raffle and the prizes were really few and just once per year. I felt a bit discouraged when I saw people winning more than once (not a critic to you, guys!) but still kept going, and this December was my lucky one. As long as you enjoy the game for the game itself, the requirements to enter the raffle are really easy.

3 hours ago, Fateweaver said:

Feeling the same to be honest. I haven't been playing regularly, but the number of people I see who, like you, have entered for years with no luck, does make me wonder why bother.

Well, of course for them to be rare it requires not everyone winning in the raffle. I'm happy that we even have that chance, as we didn't before! 

Besides the site is not all about the prizes, there is so much other stuff to do. 

A win in december could have felt good, though :D it feels like forever until the last of january.

I have been entering since the beginning as well. A win would feel good, indeed! But mostly I just enjoy the game and don't attach a lot of importance to having a CB Prize. It costs nothing to enter every month as I usually can make the entry requirements just with my regular play style. So how is it hard to keep going? If you aren't having fun with the game, then why does winning the raffle matter? And if you are having fun then that is your reason to keep going.

I recommend eating two Kinder surprise eggs right before the raffle.

My stats so far:

- Not eating eggs: won 0% of raffles

- Eating eggs: won 25% of raffles

The success rate of eating the eggs even started at 100%, but sadly it only went down since then. But I'll keep trying. If I never win again, at least I get chocolate and silly little toys.  ;)

I might eat three next time (for science) to find out if that works better...

Does anybody have any other recommendations of things we should do/eat/drink before the raffle to magically influence the RNG?  :D

5 minutes ago, Confused Cat said:

I recommend eating two Kinder surprise eggs right before the raffle.

My stats so far:

- Not eating eggs: won 0% of raffles

- Eating eggs: won 25% of raffles

The success rate of eating the eggs even started at 100%, but sadly it only went down since then. But I'll keep trying. If I never win again, at least I get chocolate and silly little toys.  ;)

I might eat three next time (for science) to find out if that works better...

Does anybody have any other recommendations of things we should do/eat/drink before the raffle to magically influence the RNG?  :D

This is great. XD Thanks for sharing your tactic! XD

JS94939110.jpg

Purely by nominative determinism you should probably not eat "no win" cookies before the raffle. But that does give us a different problem: How long is "before"? Gotta be careful! O_O

WOOOOooooooOOoOoooo!!  What a way to start the new year!  I checked my mail to discover I’d won a third prize eastern- and a shiny bronze Shimmer has appeared on my scroll!  :::happy dance:::  

I certainly wasn’t expecting it- it was several years of playing Dragon Cave before I was gifted my first messy gold dragon...so, Woot!
Happy New Year!

Very happy to start the new year with my gold western prize! I’m feeling really excited about the new year and what it holds! I really never expected to get a prize, but this is amazing.

Happy 2020 everyone! 😄