Kaini

Raffle Discussion

In the interest of sharing strategies: I entered all the raffles Feb - Oct this year, missed Nov and then entered again in Dec and got a prize.  So maybe those of you who enter them without fail should skip one periodically?  Good luck to all of you this month!

Edited by Maiden

5 hours ago, purplehaze said:

I have been entering since the beginning as well. A win would feel good, indeed! But mostly I just enjoy the game and don't attach a lot of importance to having a CB Prize. It costs nothing to enter every month as I usually can make the entry requirements just with my regular play style. So how is it hard to keep going? If you aren't having fun with the game, then why does winning the raffle matter? And if you are having fun then that is your reason to keep going.

Just my 2 cents with my personal experience : lately I have been finding the game less funny because it's very difficult to have trades. It seems that people only want 2nd gen prizes or 2nd gen from spriter's alts. And clearly if you are not a spriter and you have never wow a prize your chances of concluding a trade are quite low. I don't mean obtaining CB golds and such in trades, I have found it difficult to get a 2nd gen common from normal holiday or one cb common for a 3rd gen prize. So it's hard to work at lineages unless I can breed everything on my scroll or I find kind people in the gifting thread. And this is discouraging me.

Not a critic to anyone, just my personal experience.

Edited by Iside

@Iside It might also be that people just aren't all that interested in 3G Prizes anymore, what with so many CBs being released every month. Heck, whenever I've put any Prizekins my own Prize produces me, I never get any offers. I have to toss them in random trades to get rid of them.

I myself am one of those people who've been participating in raffles ever since they were first introduced, and I won last summer -- though I got the Prize that is, to be honest, the ugliest one in my opinion. I'm not sure if I'm even allowed to complain, I've been whining and wringing in this thread time and time again about never winning a thing, but then I did. And sure, I got the Prize I wanted the least and he's suuuuuper stingy about breeding 2G Prizes, so... I'd say a CB Prize is very much a double-edged sword. I've managed to get some good stuff with my Prize, but... damn it, I just hate it how stingy he is. :dry: I so dislike the western Prize because its sprite shows very little of the dragon itself. I've always wanted a Shimmerscale, they look so much prettier. I'd be much more interested in actually doing lineages with a Shimmer, but of course I win the ugliest Prize.

But oh yeah, I won, so I have absolutely zero right to complain, so go figure...

@Sazandora

Maybe you should try to intend breeding a Prizekin. When I wanted to breed an Autumn for someone three or so weeks ago, of course I got a shiny. When I wanted to breed a Moonstone for someone, I first got a shiny, too. And when I wanted to breed a Celestial two days ago, he gave exactly one egg and that was - guess what? - a shiny, too. ^^

Sometimes I have the feeling these dragons just want to mock us.

Edited by Astreya

5 hours ago, Astreya said:

@Sazandora

Maybe you should try to intend breeding a Prizekin. When I wanted to breed an Autumn for someone three or so weeks ago, of course I got a shiny. When I wanted to breed a Moonstone for someone, I first got a shiny, too. And when I wanted to breed a Celestial two days ago, he gave exactly one egg and that was - guess what? - a shiny, too. ^^

Haha this is sound advice; I had a run with my bronze boy where I was trying to do a prizekin swap and he just gave shiny after shiny. And they were common breeds like almerald and anagallis too. Honestly I need lots of prizekins from him as mates and he virtually always gives a shiny when I try for one of them 🙄

5 hours ago, Astreya said:

@Sazandora

Yeah, I probably should do that. At least then he can no longer disappoint me, when all he ever gives me is useless Prizekins. :rolleyes:

16 hours ago, Iside said:

I have found it difficult to get a 2nd gen common from normal holiday [snip] for a 3rd gen prize.

Here's the thing though - I value a 3G prize as pretty up-there (I don't own any 2G or CB) but that doesn't mean I want one. I happily breed 2G commons from holidays for free but I do that on discord where I can send it over immediately or via PM on the forums where I can plan a handover time. I value that egg slot more than anything XD Feel free to PM me for any 2G commons from holidays you're hunting right now!

With the CB commons if you're asking eggs I think there's a worry that the trade might be completed before any caught egg comes off cooldown, and if you're asking hatchlings the odds of someone interested and happening to have one are just too low. Prize values are definitely going down but there are oddities of trading that can make things look worse than they are.

Edited by FiveSix
clarity

On 1/1/2020 at 6:44 AM, Naughtrish said:

I participated for a prize since the first time, when there was no raffle and the prizes were really few and just once per year. I felt a bit discouraged when I saw people winning more than once (not a critic to you, guys!) but still kept going, and this December was my lucky one. As long as you enjoy the game for the game itself, the requirements to enter the raffle are really easy.

Its not that I don't find the game fun, I do, but after you've collected most of the CB's which is my current scroll goal and the only thing left is really CB Prizes well my goal is stalled out then. Sure new breeds come out and I have more to do always but it'd be nice to not spend the next god knows how many years of my limited time on this earth feeling like I never win anything.

I spent 8 years in a pet shop on another site trying to win a custom edited creature so I know how it is to wait and I know how depressing it can be to see that, 'Sorry you didn't win.' every single month.

Raffles are depressing for me I guess. Not trying to ruin anyone else's moods over their wins. Just want a lovely dragon that I can name and enjoy making lineages with. >-<

48 minutes ago, Fateweaver said:

Just want a lovely dragon that I can name and enjoy making lineages with. >-<

Poor bred dragons. You will hurt their little feelings.

Learn to love second gens :)

24 minutes ago, Fuzzbucket said:

Poor bred dragons. You will hurt their little feelings.

Learn to love second gens :)

How? I don't have the ability to catch what 1st gen Tinsel/Shimmers owners want. Slow net doesn't allow me to get the good stuff folks want and you can only make so many common x common lineages before anyone gets bored.

My couple of 2nd gen prizes that I do have were lucky trades and an awesome friend who has since left the site. Can't even get prizekin mates for them cause of the trade issues. -_-

2 hours ago, Fateweaver said:

Just want a lovely dragon that I can name and enjoy making lineages with. >-<

I love making Upside Down Mint lineages and happen to have only one single girl. Nonetheless I already created these by trading for 2Gs:

https://dragcave.net/lineage/Tjy3Z

https://dragcave.net/lineage/BJhrZ

https://dragcave.net/lineage/9YitF

So you can easily work upwards from 2Gs, too. My most recent projects are these:

https://dragcave.net/lineage/EOa4b

https://dragcave.net/lineage/56gpu

Just be creative!

@Fateweaver

I'm a new player who just joined and got a Silver Tinsel on my first raffle. I may be able to trade you a 2nd gen shiny or 2nd gen prize kin for a lot less than most would want. Since I'm new I'm going to need a lot more BSA dragons. I'm still waiting to see if I'm going to have a Pink to influence or not yet. Once I start breeding for trades I'll be happy to contact you to see if I can try and breed something your interested in.

1 minute ago, Dragon_Tamer_Rita said:

@Fateweaver

I'm a new player who just joined and got a Silver Tinsel on my first raffle. I may be able to trade you a 2nd gen shiny or 2nd gen prize kin for a lot less than most would want. Since I'm new I'm going to need a lot more BSA dragons. I'm still waiting to see if I'm going to have a Pink to influence or not yet. Once I start breeding for trades I'll be happy to contact you to see if I can try and breed something your interested in.

I'd appreciate a message when you start trading offspring of your prize dragon and thank you for being so kind as to ping me.

--

To the thread: I'm sorry for being in a mood. Its just disheartening to never win, and while I know that's the nature of a raffle it still hurts. Having your own Prize dragon is a hell of a lot different than trading for the offspring of others and what I want is something that's mine that I can then breed for others who went through the same as me, waiting and waiting just to be told, "Sorry you didn't win."

It's all good. I just don't want this thread to get too heated.

@Fateweaver I actually feel the same way about the no-win message. I'm an HSP, so it's not surprising that I'd take the message so personally. I just check my email on the day of the drawing to avoid seeing it altogether. That might be a better plan.

I've been there, too. I've felt personally insulted by the "sorry, you didn't win"-message and I've ranted about it here on the forums. I know how painful it feels and I've gotten tremendously upset about it plenty of times -- I have anger issues, so that might explain. 😅 But then I let it go and move on and forget about it within a few hours. It might be rather clichéd to say this, but just hang in there. Stay strong and don't let the no win-message get to you. There will be a time when that taunting message turns into a congratulations instead. If it can happen to a long-time raffle loser like me, I'm certain it can happen to you as well! :)

And here's to hoping you get the Prize you want the most, instead of the one you want the least. :rolleyes:

Edited by Sazandora

So I'm about to get my Silver Tinsel and influence it female. I was wondering if anyone can give me any ideas for common / uncommon breeds that might make pretty lineages to breed with. So far my main idea for breeding has been with my Wintertide dragon. I want to be able to breed prizekins to. I'm still not familiar with all the breeds of this game so advice / ideas would be appreciated. 

8 minutes ago, Dragon_Tamer_Rita said:

So I'm about to get my Silver Tinsel and influence it female. I was wondering if anyone can give me any ideas for common / uncommon breeds that might make pretty lineages to breed with. So far my main idea for breeding has been with my Wintertide dragon. I want to be able to breed prizekins to. I'm still not familiar with all the breeds of this game so advice / ideas would be appreciated. 

This should have a combinations for Silvers Tinsels near the end.

Somehow, luck was on my side and I won a Bronze Shimmer! I have influenced her female so I can start breeding some mates for shimmer-kin who have been waiting since 2015.

I was startled when that fail cookie message didn't come up when checking the raffle page. I hope I will be able to put her to good use, alongside my studies!

Next Drawing Feb 29, 2020
Entry Requirements Raise 0/3 adult dragons

Shouldn't be too difficult.

Oh good, I got a notification saying I've met the requirements for this months raffle. XD I forgot the drawing even happened. 

44 minutes ago, Aqub said:

Oh good, I got a notification saying I've met the requirements for this months raffle. XD I forgot the drawing even happened. 

XD  I forgot, too, until I saw this thread had been bumped up. I didn't win -- again! But I should have the next raffle requirements met by the end of today.

I'm sure it's been asked before, but when someone wins, are they removed from the pool of future winners? It seems like I've seen folks with more than 1 prize dragon.

5 minutes ago, rayemoon said:

I'm sure it's been asked before, but when someone wins, are they removed from the pool of future winners? It seems like I've seen folks with more than 1 prize dragon.

No - you may enter as normal even if you have won before.