Kaini

Raffle Discussion

Lol I forgot the drawing happened. Congrats winners!

Maybe next month? I'll name it something festive.

2 hours ago, Kaini said:

No - you may enter as normal even if you have won before.

Hm. That makes it rather difficult for those who haven't won in months to increase their likelihood.

According to the time on my notification, I qualified for the next raffle less than two hours after this one's results! That may be the fastest yet, lol. Of course I didn't win this time, but conga-rats to whoever did! *noms a no-win cookie*

edit: @rayemoon The biggest issue (imo) with any sort of 'they've won before so let others win instead' type of thing is that there are *six* different Prize dragons (gold/silver/bronze of eastern and western). So one-time winners only have 1 of a possible 6 types (and according to some posts around here, some winners end up with their *least* favorite type!). So it would be most unfair to disqualify them in any way just because they got 1 type.  

And there is nothing we can do to 'increase' the likelihood of winning. That's not possible. We qualify, we enter, rng does the rest. There have been suggestions for possible ways to earn 'extra tickets' for the raffle or whatever, but it's not currently possible. 

Edited by HeatherMarie

3 hours ago, purplehaze said:

XD  I forgot, too, until I saw this thread had been bumped up. I didn't win -- again! But I should have the next raffle requirements met by the end of today.

Yeah, the thread being bumped up always is what reminds me to check on my entry. XD

27 minutes ago, rayemoon said:

Hm. That makes it rather difficult for those who haven't won in months to increase their likelihood.

I understand the emotional reaction here, but TJ proved that mathematically this isn't correct. And plus, the way the raffle is set up now, the number of winners scales with the number of entries. So more people entering does NOT decrease your chances. So don't worry about previous winners entering - it does not affect your chances. 

So a few weeks ago I saw it mentioned that someone had waited to pick up their prize until Xmas to get that stolen on date and I thought 'oh it would be cool if I won the raffle in Jan so I could pick up my prize on my birthday'. 

And this morning I woke up to an email that I won. What are the odds?? XD  But now I gotta wait. At least I have time to decide what to do with it. 

4 hours ago, Kaini said:

I understand the emotional reaction here, but TJ proved that mathematically this isn't correct. And plus, the way the raffle is set up now, the number of winners scales with the number of entries. So more people entering does NOT decrease your chances. So don't worry about previous winners entering - it does not affect your chances. 

Ah, I see. The additional details helps, thanks.

Congrats @Chaosdawn! :)  I hope your birthday is not very late in the month so you won't have to wait too long to get your egg!

3 hours ago, Confused Cat said:

Congrats @Chaosdawn! :)  I hope your birthday is not very late in the month so you won't have to wait too long to get your egg!

Thank you! It's the 19th so it's a bit of a wait but I'll just collect mates for her in the meantime. XD

On 1/1/2020 at 2:49 PM, Sazandora said:

@Iside It might also be that people just aren't all that interested in 3G Prizes anymore, what with so many CBs being released every month. Heck, whenever I've put any Prizekins my own Prize produces me, I never get any offers. I have to toss them in random trades to get rid of them.

I myself am one of those people who've been participating in raffles ever since they were first introduced, and I won last summer -- though I got the Prize that is, to be honest, the ugliest one in my opinion. I'm not sure if I'm even allowed to complain, I've been whining and wringing in this thread time and time again about never winning a thing, but then I did. And sure, I got the Prize I wanted the least and he's suuuuuper stingy about breeding 2G Prizes, so... I'd say a CB Prize is very much a double-edged sword. I've managed to get some good stuff with my Prize, but... damn it, I just hate it how stingy he is. :dry: I so dislike the western Prize because its sprite shows very little of the dragon itself. I've always wanted a Shimmerscale, they look so much prettier. I'd be much more interested in actually doing lineages with a Shimmer, but of course I win the ugliest Prize.

But oh yeah, I won, so I have absolutely zero right to complain, so go figure...

Oh wow. I'm kind of glad you've brought this up because this is something that pops into the back of my mind every now and then whenever I think of winning.

I'm not a huge fan of tins; I do treasure the ones I have but I've never been an overly huge fan of them. I absolutely adore shimmers on the other hand. 

I mean this is mostly me being me and worrying about random other things before I even need to (I also wonder what I should gender mine if  I ever win a prize) and at the rate it's been going I don't know if I ever will even get one yet but it's still something I think about.

I know if I won I'd be super shocked and thrilled to have won at all but I also have the feeling I'd be a bit heartbroken if I ended up with a tin and not shimmer.

I don't even have a prize yet and even thinking those kind of thoughts make me feel like...yeah I shouldn't even think of complaining if I win but it's still something I feel and think about despite that.

I would definitely be thrilled to win anything but yeah...I just really love shimmers T^T

Anyways I just wanted to say it's nice to know that I'm not the only person to think this so thanks for bringing it up (makes me feel less bad about my nonsense over hypothetical, in my case, situations)

1 hour ago, Nandeenah said:

Is it possible to win more than one dragon per raffle? I think I just saw a scroll with 2 eggs

Only by cheating and having many scrolls.  🤬

1 minute ago, Nandeenah said:

But aren't cb prizes untradable?

They were sent through the AP - someone spotted them.

2 hours ago, Amazon_warrior said:

They were sent through the AP - someone spotted them.

Wait, what? 

51 minutes ago, jumpsnake said:

Wait, what? 

Yep.  Saw one myself.  Someone else managed to catch two of them, spoiling the multi'er's fun rather.

1 hour ago, Amazon_warrior said:

Yep.  Saw one myself.  Someone else managed to catch two of them, spoiling the multi'er's fun rather.

So, we think a multi-er won more than twice, attempted to abandon and rematch onto the main scroll, but someone else entirely caught two of them? Holy cowabunga. I hope TJ finds that person!!

@Sashimi

Abandoning them is no problem. Finding and catching them again would be, though. It's not like in the beginning of DC when you could give someone a "get" link and then the egg would land on the target scroll with a certain probability (while still passing the AP in between). Now you'd really have to be lucky.

1 hour ago, jumpsnake said:

So, we think a multi-er won more than twice, attempted to abandon and rematch onto the main scroll, but someone else entirely caught two of them? Holy cowabunga. I hope TJ finds that person!!

They've been reported.  I reported them myself last month because of something suspicious I noted - sucks that nothing got done before the Jan raffle was drawn and they won even more CB Prizes that could have gone to legit players. ;_;

37 minutes ago, Amazon_warrior said:

They've been reported.  I reported them myself last month because of something suspicious I noted - sucks that nothing got done before the Jan raffle was drawn and they won even more CB Prizes that could have gone to legit players. ;_;

Glad to hear. How many freakin' scrolls must they have to be winning a bunch like that?!?!? I've been playing for 10 years and just won my first!

1 minute ago, jumpsnake said:

Glad to hear. How many freakin' scrolls must they have to be winning a bunch like that?!?!? I've been playing for 10 years and just won my first!

I cannot even.  ;_;

Congrats on your win, though!  *throws eco-confetti* ^_^

1 minute ago, Amazon_warrior said:

I cannot even.  ;_;

Congrats on your win, though!  *throws eco-confetti* ^_^

Thank you!!

Question: can TJ track the culprit through the prize codes, I wonder?

Also, is there any way to know how many CB prizes are out there now? Just curious.