TJ09

2017-05-21 - Dragon Cave's 11th Birthday

The vamp rework is stunning <3

If I wasn't stuffed with new eggs I'd be going on a bite spree.

Edited by Vhale

Well actually, the yellow one just doesn't look aquatic with those arms.

It could be not a dino actually

TBH, to me, neither the white nor the yellow look "dinosaur" to me. They both look aquatic, though, with the white reminding me of an eel and the yellow looking somewhat shark-like. If these ARE Power Ranger based, then the White zord was a White Tiger while the Yellow Zord was a Saber-tooth, so perhaps they're based not on the ACTUAL animals but on more....artistic ones, like a tiger shark?

I mean, the Power Rangers thing is becoming stronger, at least to me. Red hatchie looks like a T-Rex (Red Tyranno-zord), the Pink looks like a Pteradactyl (Pink Pteradactyl-zord), the Black appears to have "fur" (Black Mastodon-zord), the Yellow and White both have stripes (Yellow Saber-tooth Tiger-zord and White Tiger-zord). The only one that doesn't seem to fit is the blue, which was the Triceratops-zord, but zooming in seems to show areas where horns could grow?

I dunno, maybe I'm just over-thinking this xd.png

Whatever the inspiration, really looking forward to the adults!

I saw this question asked earlier, and I'm not sure if it was ever answered or not...so I apologize if I'm giving information that's already been given ^ ^;

To participate in the Monthly Raffles now, just go to your "Account" and towards the bottom should be an option to "Raffle Status" or something along those lines. Then it will tell you the specifics on how many prizes will be given out, the date of the drawing, and the requirements to be able to enter, yada yada.

I hope this helps o-o

EDIT: It's in ACCOUNT, not ACCOUNT SETTINGS. Whoops xd.png

Edited by Sea Pancake

Hopefully the spriter/s will turn up eventually to let us know who is who, cause I haven't even heard of these dino names getting thrown around. I'm also pretty curious to know how they relate to each other, if they're cousins like Xenos or what.

Happy 11th Birthday Dragon Cave!

Thank you to TJ, all the spriters, and everyone here for all your hard work.

White and Yellow are def my favorites so far, with Pink not far behind!

Bummed i havent gotten a Yellow or Blue yet, but hopefully i can in a few hours. smile.gif

The hatchlings are lovely! I am really excited to see the adults biggrin.gif

I was right! Different species in each egg!

Pink is Wyvern

Blue is

White is

Yellow is

Black is

Red is

If Id known they weren't gonna be flooding the cave as much in the morning, I wouldve stayed up later last night trying to get the Forest and Volcano variants... TT~TT

Happy Birthday DC!

Love the codes of TJs hatchies:

"1this 2isnt 3even 4myyy 5inal 6form tongue.gif

Love the Platinum badge!

Sadly I locked myself with only Blacks and Blues but I'll eventually get them all wink.gif

I was right! Different species in each egg!

Pink is Wyvern

Blue is

White is

Yellow is

Black is

Red is

White and Yelliw look like lindwurms to me (serpentine bodies, front legs), Blue could be an eastern, Red and Blacks look like western dragons.

We'll know more once they grow wings. smile.gif

Edited by stagazer_7

Happy birthday Dragon Cave! <3

The vampire dragon looks amazing and oh my, 6 new dragons biggrin.gif

Charondusk seems to be on to something about the power rangers Zord thing...

"This isn't even my final form" = with all our powers combined, we make a mega dragon!

All the new eggs are biteable. :3 (Not that I did, but they are.)

I'm so glad I can organize my most important dragons that people always ask for into groups. :3

The new Vampire spriters are gorgeous, they seem to pop off the page now...and I had to rename my other adult female. Instead of Hvitt, her name is now Winterfell Snowflake (called Snowflake for short).

Game of Throne reference it indeed is, even if I have never watched the show (and never will due to certain content).

I don't know, it just sounded nice and I had to put it down...I'm kind of having this thing when I am renaming my dragons to something that sounds more...special.

The name is important...but now I am going to look up theme songs for the Power Rangers other films.

*chanting* 8TH EGG 8TH EGG 8TH EGG! biggrin.gif

Is anyone else reading it as "this isn't even my five-nal form"?

is this a glitch? it says i have more grown dragons than total.

"This isn't even my final form" = with all our powers combined, we make a mega dragon!

I'm just imagining each dragon becoming a certain limb on a giant dragon.

kinda reminds me of the yugioh card xyz dragon cannon but with 6 instead of 3.

Edited by scratcher_cat

Hmm, the hatchies look cool so far, but the power rangers vibe is... eh. Seems a strange thing to base an official cave dragon on. I hope that feeling is less apparent in adulthood. Especially if they do end up rare. "DRAGCAVE, featuring the rare prize, gold, silver, and... power ranger dragons" ehhh no ;~;

This made me giggle a little and I couldn't agree more. I appreciate the spriters hard work and the hatchies look very nice. But if they turn out to be Power Rangers themed I most likely won't collect any more.

LOVE the different hatchlings! Now I can't wait for them to become adults tongue.gif

HAPPY BIRTHDAY! Thanks TJ love them all

I really love the Platinum trophy and {{8}} eggs. Sweet!

Can't wait to start grouping my dragons. wub.gif

Edited by Syiren

Happy birthday Dragon Cave! happy.gif

I managed to catch one of each egg and I'm definitely excited about how they'll look when they grow up. I also adore the updated Vampire sprites, they're amazing! The 8th egg slot is a great addition too; 114 dragons to go until I'll have the platinum trophy myself.

While the white reminds me of a Kronosaurus or Tylosaurus because of the long thin mouth, the yellow looks more like some kind of Mosasaur, or even Dakosaurus, because of the shorter mouth.

Does that yellow one have 4 legs?

Because I might know what it is

I hope a way to sort multiple dragons at once is added soon. Super excited about groups but right now creating them is like pulling teeth. From a dragon. D:

This made me giggle a little and I couldn't agree more. I appreciate the spriters hard work and the hatchies look very nice. But if they turn out to be Power Rangers themed I most likely won't collect any more.

I just compared them to the 2017 zord designs and these are definitely really close. I don't mind pop culture references and Power Rangers was a childhood staple, but I hope these aren't blatantly obvious as adults especially since some dragons were too modern (lagmonster) for DC and these are currently one step away from a mecha dragon.

If we're gonna continue down the old pop culture road, can I request Evangelion and ZOIDS dragons too? laugh.gif