TJ09

2017-03-19 - March Dragon Release

Wow the fire gem adults are stunning. Can't help but wish they were separated among biomes but oh well, great release.

heres the original stuff i was talking about

I was going through the thread out of curiosity and that seemed to be the only report of eggs mixing in that early. People started properly talking about it around 8 hours after the release started, which is not very unusual from what I remember from past months.

only responsible drinker among the fire gems, are the blue males

everyone else drank too much and is barfing fire

I love these dragons

xd.png

Yeah, that's the impression I got as well.

The fire looks a bit too solid is my primary critique of the Fire Gem sprites, but as shown above, it can be interpreted in a more comical light.

The red males are smoking on burning pipes. tongue.gif

Edited by Ripan

I was wondering the same thing. I guess they can say the wing is covering up 2back legs and 1front leg, but there's space for another front to be further out from the bottom/back wing, and it makes more sense (to me) to show the back legs poking out at least.

I agree, looking at the wing of the male green compared to the others it doesn't exactly fit? I guess?

And still, it looks like he should at least have some back spines (comparing to other sprites), and not a clean curved back/wing area....

There ARE 2 front legs visible, the further one is hiding behind the front one, but you can still see 2 arms there, we guess you take it as 1 very wide arm then?

We agree about the res here though:P

We like how the Green male has the same head size compared to his female... a pit of a pity the others don't match and have smaller heads than their females. We like the blue set most, not only as a set though! And the Green female is the 2nd:)

Just a bit too much contrast in the shading, the black is too black, at least on this screen. Will stand out in the Cave a lot

I've long since given up on trying to catch the fire gems. *Sighs* no point since I'm on mobile and I have to fight over 80+ people for one egg

WOW. That's all I have to say. Wow.

Well, no, I have more to say. Those Fire Gems are gorgeous! I love the sharpness, the detail, their scales! I have to say I was a little iffy about them as hatchlings, but omg I looooove these adults! The green male does look a little awkward, because it really seems like we should be able to see a *little* of the back of their body. But other then that I'm loving these!

There ARE 2 front legs visible, the further one is hiding behind the front one, but you can still see 2 arms there, we guess you take it as 1 very wide arm then?

We agree about the res here though:P

We like how the Green male has the same head size compared to his female... a pit of a pity the others don't match and have smaller heads than their females. We like the blue set most, not only as a set though! And the Green female is the 2nd:)

Just a bit too much contrast in the shading, the black is too black, at least on this screen. Will stand out in the Cave a lot

Oh, thanks for pointing that out. I guess I see it now, I was thinking it was more of a muscley arm than a skinny two. And to blend with the other sprites, I expected to see it less trying to be more elegant and put together and more sprawled out, being able to see full body pieces. (Ex; arm to me makes more sense out in front of the other, to the far right)

Still doesn't explain the back legs or if the wing is supposed to be like that, but ohwell! I always like to see what will breed well to my tinsel, and since he's male, I don't have to worry about this male- I like all the females smile.gif

Edited by Nightwalkerkey

Oh, thanks for pointing that out. I guess I see it now, I was thinking it was more of a muscley arm than a skinny two. And to blend with the other sprites, I expected to see it less trying to be more elegant and put together and more sprawled out, being able to see full body pieces. (Ex; arm to me makes more sense out in front of the other, to the far right)

I keep looking, but I only BARELY see that other leg. It kind of blends in with the wing.

Saw a crystal in the past 5 minute drop...got taken by someone else. So they are still dropping. Congrats!

Edited by pollyfirstfirst

Tetras are really happy for some reason. Nice.

I just noticed this. I love it! They look like they are laughing, or saying "nah nah nah!" or something. Happy dragons!

I just noticed this. I love it! They look like they are laughing, or saying "nah nah nah!" or something. Happy dragons!

Yes! It's super cute! wub.gif

I already love the Fire Gems. Their personalities are precious, I love the idea of a collector-type dragon that likes to trade and show off their stuff without stealing or fighting.

Yup. happy.gif I'm definitely building a checker with female Gemshards (I'm thinking red) just because of that. laugh.gif

Everyone is all critiquing the greens...and they are my faves? The artist for sure spent more time on them because the heads are GORGEOUS and the color shade.

You people need to remember that a HUMAN (or humans) sprited/arted these. Therefore they have a high chance to not be perfect. If YOU want 'perfect' dragons then get you to the dragon suggestions and start spriting!

I am still 0 on volcano new releases.

Its just about impossible. At any given time no matter the hour there are at least 60 or more ppl there all vying to catch the eggs.

I really think that new releases need at least 2 full days of being the sole item dropping in their respective biome. There are too many people playing for everyone to get their eggs with the current time settings.

Oh my the Tetras look so happy!

The Blue Fire Gems are probably my favorite of the 3. And is it just me, or does the Green male look like he's missing something?

his back legs are hidden so maybe thats what you think is missing?

saw a cheese on the hour but other than that just commons

I am still 0 on volcano new releases.

Its just about impossible. At any given time no matter the hour there are at least 60 or more ppl there all vying to catch the eggs.

I really think that new releases need at least 2 full days of being the sole item dropping in their respective biome. There are too many people playing for everyone to get their eggs with the current time settings.

Same here - nada. If the flood drop WAS as short as people say - for what would obviously be an extremely popular and changing on the hour dragon - really really disappointing.

Seriously, are any of these eggs still dropping? I've been refreshing in the coast, jungle and volcano for 3 hours and haven't seen a single one....

The crystal ones dropped reasonably well on the first day but that didn't make getting them any easier. I think this is the first time since the golden wyverns that I've been present since the start of the release and not been able to catch any.

But you know, crystals. Crystal hype is real smile.gif

Edited by Ashywolf

Seriously, are any of these eggs still dropping? I've been refreshing in the coast, jungle and volcano for 3 hours and haven't seen a single one....

they've stopped dropping as much today then they were yesterday. there were more crystals this morning between 7-9 am but now it seems there may be one crystal egg per hour if we get lucky

I love that the Fire Gems have different poses for the colors, makes them that much collectable! I can't really say which set I prefer. I will say I'm happy to get the ones I've got, but I can't wait to get some green ones down the road, I really like their poses for some reason. And the Tetras are so freakin cute!

Edited by dragontamer44722